The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 08-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #101
Jenlet
Irritant

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
The angle. but again, i still see Tom's profile. It reminds me of how he looked during the cage scene.

And again, why would they need a stunt double for that scene? Tom is a good actor, he can spar a bit with Chris Evans, he can definitely pretend to elbow someone. I think it is the camera angle, there is no reason why a double would be needed for that scene. Doubles are obviously used as minimally as possible. I don't know a lot about holywood, but if the actor is capable, I would think they would film the scene. I think Tom is capable of elbowing someone.

I think I am the minority on this here? I could be wrong, but in my eyes, there isn't any visual doubt that it's Tom lol
No, I agree with you. I think the "throw off" might be him jutting out his lower lip/jaw mid-swing.

Jenlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #102
Jenlet
Irritant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
He said he got clocked a few times by Hemsworth.

I agree with you. That shot in the trailer looks like TH. He's clearly capable of hitting a Dark Elf in the face

Edit: TH is doing extra shoots for TTDW http://m.digitalspy.ca/movies/news/a...ampaign=twdsuk
Anyone have any fun speculations of what the extra scenes might entail?

Would they be serious or humorous? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:40 PM   #103
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPinchy View Post
He said he got clocked a few times by Hemsworth.

I agree with you. That shot in the trailer looks like TH. He's clearly capable of hitting a Dark Elf in the face

Edit: TH is doing extra shoots for TTDW http://m.digitalspy.ca/movies/news/a...ampaign=twdsuk
At last! A director knows a good thing when he sees it. Loki sells.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #104
Loki882
Side-Kick

Somehow, Loki saying that he "likes someone" makes me fear for their safety and health.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #105
Bren
Forevernoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Somehow, Loki saying that he "likes someone" makes me fear for their safety and health.
"I like her. Wonder what her scream sounds like."

Old 08-16-2013, 01:04 AM   #106
CosmicPinchy
Rock Lobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The last time Loki liked someone, he transformed himself into her real lover and married her, only to reveal himself afterwards and pretty much treated her like crap until the day she died.

So, you know, the perfect guy for today's females- the a**hole.

CosmicPinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #107
Loki882
Side-Kick

Not to mention his fondness for Old English misogynistic taunts and implied rape threats.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:10 AM   #108
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Your cousin's not Paul Lacovara is he?
No, but he is pretty busy at a tv station in Macomb Ill. lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:46 AM   #109
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Regarding those TH reshoots, I hope that they're seamless and not noticeably shoehorned into the movie. That wouldn't be fair to either the movie or the actor.

And on a slightly different track, someone over on Tumblr figured out what Loki's been up to while incarcerated...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

So shoot me.

Last edited by Aging Fangirl; 08-16-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Aging Fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #110
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

This popped up on my twitter feed and it's too funny not to share... note, it does have one very extremely brief/blink and you'll miss it shot from the D23 cam footage, other than that - everything is from the previous films, trailers and his appearance at SDCC (so I hope the mods don't mind that one extremely quick shot? - if they do, I will take down the link, no problem)

Loki ► I'm Reading a Book
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #111
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
This popped up on my twitter feed and it's too funny not to share...
Loki ► I'm Reading a Book
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Very clever, and I believe it: leave the boy alone, he just wants to read!!!

LadyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #112
waffles
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post
Regarding those TH reshoots, I hope that they're seamless and not noticeably shoehorned into the movie. That wouldn't be fair to either the movie or the actor.
Scuttlebutt on Tumblr is that
Loki dies and they are reshooting certain scenes to allow him to survive the film

Although how true that is is debatable!

waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #113
Jenlet
Irritant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Fangirl View Post

And on a slightly different track, someone over on Tumblr figured out what Loki's been up to while incarcerated...

So shoot me.
ROFL!! Awesome.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #114
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

"We were doing full scenes; scenes that were not in the movie before, we're adding scenes, creating scenes, writing scenes for the first time. The one [involving Loki] was a fun connective scene that was just... we realized how well Loki was working in the movie. So, we wanted to do more with him. So it was that kind of thing; it was like 'oh we could do this or jam this in here' because he's just a wonderful guy to watch do his stuff. And boy do [the fans love him]." - Alan Taylor

He just NOW figured that out? I mean, even Joss Whedon could have told him that a year ago...

Still, I do hope they add to the film and don't stick out like a sore thumb...or get left on the cutting room floor like Loki's scenes with Frigga. I hope they have scenes together in this one or we see more about their relationship.

While I love Tom Hiddleston, I'm a bit torn because while he's put a lot of Kid!Loki into his portrayal...I do really love the younger reincarnation a lot, too. I hope someday we can have him, Kate Bishop and all of the Young Avengers.

Did you hear how he would to guest on Agents of SHIELD? Then, when told Clark Gregg how sad they were that Thor and Loki could never be on the show, he responded, "Do you know something I don't?"

Although I think it would be neat to have Tom Hiddleston guest star as a totally different character with his regular hair....I finally taught all three nephews to recognize him on sight but it took this long because "he looks the same in the face but the hair and everything else is always different."

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #115
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

eh, it makes me nervous. Sticking more in there just because. It's Thor's movie. You can't just add a character because of a demand, which is exactly what Taylor says they did. This makes me nervous, hopefully it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

It's Thor: The Dark World. Not Loki: The Dark World. My worry was over exposing Iron man, hopefully Loki doesn't go down the same path.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:42 AM   #116
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
eh, it makes me nervous. Sticking more in there just because. It's Thor's movie. You can't just add a character because of a demand, which is exactly what Taylor says they did. This makes me nervous, hopefully it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb.

It's Thor: The Dark World. Not Loki: The Dark World. My worry was over exposing Iron man, hopefully Loki doesn't go down the same path.
They never say that all of the new scenes are about Loki. Tailor just said that they shoot more scenes for the movie and than moved to the resent example - scene with Loki. Befor that they filmed scenes with Darcy, Sif & Odin - "all those scenes are with Loki!" is just wistful thinking of his fans, so there is no need to worry.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 AM   #117
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

I'm just finding it so funny how oblivious Tom is to having a legion of fans.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #118
xeno000
Raining hell from above

I just stumbled across this on Tumblr: Petition to Marvel Studios to produce a film based on the character Loki, portrayed by Tom Hiddleston on Change.org.

Surprisingly, the petition only has 8,569 signatures so far. Loki's Army must be on vacation.

One question I have about a Loki movie is: Who would be the hero? With Loki you already have a villain, so who will he face off against? Or would it be a fangirl's redemption fantasy instead, casting Loki as a hero (or at least an anti-hero) and bringing in another villain for him to battle?

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #119
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
They never say that all of the new scenes are about Loki. Tailor just said that they shoot more scenes for the movie and than moved to the resent example - scene with Loki. Befor that they filmed scenes with Darcy, Sif & Odin - "all those scenes are with Loki!" is just wistful thinking of his fans, so there is no need to worry.
phew lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I'm just finding it so funny how oblivious Tom is to having a legion of fans.
Actually, after SDCC, it seems likely he is very aware, just doesn't speak of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I just stumbled across this on Tumblr: Petition to Marvel Studios to produce a film based on the character Loki, portrayed by Tom Hiddleston on Change.org.

Surprisingly, the petition only has 8,569 signatures so far. Loki's Army must be on vacation.

One question I have about a Loki movie is: Who would be the hero? With Loki you already have a villain, so who will he face off against? Or would it be a fangirl's redemption fantasy instead, casting Loki as a hero (or at least an anti-hero) and bringing in another villain for him to battle?
Eh, it's not going to happen. Fiege said they have things planned till 2021. They have a story to tell. Which means they have certain characters to introduce more than likely. If a Loki movie has already been planned ahead of time to fit into the story they are trying to tell, then okay, it'll work.

But how I see it, again, they have a story to tell over the next 5-8, and unless it was already planned to fall into place, they aren't going to sacrifice a slot, or another movie just to satisfy his fans. Most definitely a one shot or something.

Loki works best as a supporting character in a Thor movie. That's who he is, especially in the MCU where we don't have 100s of comics where there can be a bit of leniency. I don't think I would enjoy a Loki movie, it would feel too out of place and too forced. I think he's at his absolute best as a Thor villain. Or scheming.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #120
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

The reality here is that yep, he is popular, but not so much as his vocal (very vocal I must add) fans make it seem.

As for the movie...he is supporting character (and a villain on a top of that) - he do not have his own separate cast of characters and he shares his world with Thor. One short is possible - but they told thats to costly to make - as for decorations/CGI etc. but maybe for his vocal fan base they will do it some time in the future.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #121
metaphysician
Side-Kick

The problem is that so much of the options are dependent on what happens in Thor 2. I won't really suggest Loki movie possibilities until after that point.

metaphysician is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #122
Jenlet
Irritant

Hey guys... got a question.

This picture (the LTD edition Empire cover for subscribers only):

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/wp-cont...cefa964053.jpg

...has a helmet to the left of Loki, on the ground. Whose helmet is that?? Odin's? I'm trying to back track into promo stills but I'm running out of time before my boss comes in lol.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #123
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenlet View Post
Hey guys... got a question.

This picture (the LTD edition Empire cover for subscribers only):

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/wp-cont...cefa964053.jpg

...has a helmet to the left of Loki, on the ground. Whose helmet is that?? Odin's? I'm trying to back track into promo stills but I'm running out of time before my boss comes in lol.
It appears to be Odin's (there's a shot of Odin with his helmet on in the little 'first look' featurette that will be on the IM3 home release - not sure if the video of that is still up anywhere, I know Disney had been pulling copies of it that had been popping up on youtube)

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 08-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #124
Jenlet
Irritant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
It appears to be Odin's (there's a shot of Odin with his helmet on in the little 'first look' featurette that will be on the IM3 home release - not sure if the video of that is still up anywhere, I know Disney had been pulling copies of it that had been popping up on youtube)
Ok, that's what I figured. Thanks for looking. At first I thought it might be Tyr's. Either way, deception afoot! Aww yeah.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #125
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

'Thor: The Dark World' Is An 'Avengers' Sequel, Tom Hiddleston Says

~Agents of SHIELD