The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 12:56 AM   #101
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 10

I remember those games. They were great.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #102
Binker
Side-Kick

Any news on the trailer?

Old 08-16-2013, 03:36 AM   #103
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Archangel would be cool to see.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That was an awesome video, Archangel would be great to see in a movie. Thats why i dont understand why people are against Apocalypse, he is a serious villian and would make for an epic movie,filled with action.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:31 AM   #104
xrs13
Cold as ice

Yeah Apoc is the next logical step to get bigger than DOFP and it could be spread over 2 films. We could have sinister holding scott and jean "both of whom are alive!" and the x-men including angel are fighting sinister who is like "this is much bigger than you could imagine" and then angel gets his wings either ripped out or burnt to toast. the x-men believe he is dead and then in the next film apoc makes him a horseman and boom apoc the big bad. haha I have a whole idea in my head that is far more fleshed out than this, it involves emma frost as well. who btw i have decided doesnt age when she is in diamond form so is still young even in the OT timeframe... boom. haha

Old 08-16-2013, 05:45 AM   #105
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

I like having Sinister and Apocalypse in cahoots because it can bring a logical framework for the reintroduction of Cyclops and Madeylne Pryor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 08-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #106
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Ellen may have been in Montreal for something other than DOFP, to do promotional material for Kitty or to reshoot a scene. I don't think she will have scenes with past characters. Kitty is unlikely to go anywhere near 1973.

I was wondering if the others find out Rogue is in the internment camp through one of the new characters. Perhaps one of them knew her from there and they'd escaped or they knew her before she was captured. Otherwise I am wondering how they know she's in there. They won't have access to Cerebro or Government sources. The only other ways they'd know is if they saw her captured themselves and it's the only camp, they somehow get access to Government computers and see her listed or they go looking for her and they're told by someone. I think it would be interesting if one of the new characters had a connection to her. Even if they don't share scenes.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #107
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Yeah Apoc is the next logical step to get bigger than DOFP and it could be spread over 2 films. We could have sinister holding scott and jean "both of whom are alive!" and the x-men including angel are fighting sinister who is like "this is much bigger than you could imagine" and then angel gets his wings either ripped out or burnt to toast. the x-men believe he is dead and then in the next film apoc makes him a horseman and boom apoc the big bad. haha I have a whole idea in my head that is far more fleshed out than this, it involves emma frost as well. who btw i have decided doesnt age when she is in diamond form so is still young even in the OT timeframe... boom. haha
Actually that sounds like a good idea, they could just do so much with an Apocalypse film, it dosent have to be necessarily the AOA but maybe like the 12 series eventhough I believe that revolved around Jean and Scott. But i digress Apocalypse could make for a serious villian and I would loooove to see him on the big screen.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #108
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

time travel will probably bring jean and scott back, it would be silly to think jean and scott are still alive because of Sinister, thats very much a fan quick fix thats just there as an excuse to get them back which wouldn't make alot of sense

Mr sinister would definitely suit cyclops and jeans origin better, even if he does have a connection to apocalypse

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-16-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #109
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
time travel will probably bring jean and scott back, it would be silly to think jean and scott are still alive because of Sinister, thats very much a fan quick fix thats just there as an excuse to get them back which wouldn't make alot of sense
I mean have it so the timeline goes back to the end of x2 and then jean (in cocoon) and scott are collected by sinister. I know its a stretch but Its all I have to work on at the moment without knowing how dofp is gonna work its way

Old 08-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #110
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I have been advocate of erasing much of last stand but after the Wolverine I don't think
that Is possable especilly since Mark Millar has called it the Iron Man of Fox's new shared universe.However with Apocalpyse on the possable horzions there are perhapes other ways
to bring James Marsden and Famke Janssen back.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #111
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I have been advocate of erasing much of last stand but after the Wolverine I don't think
that Is possable especilly since Mark Millar has called it the Iron Man of Fox's new shared universe.However with Apocalpyse on the possable horzions there are perhapes other ways
to bring James Marsden and Famke Janssen back.

Well if Logan's mind goes back in time and returns to the present he may remember the original timeline including everything in TW

Old 08-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #112
The Guard
Side-Kick

The story potential for Apocalypse/En Sabah Nur goes well beyond "action".

It's one of the few instances that the tide turns against humanity, and weaker mutants alike. It's a logical evolution of the storyline, and really expands the X-Men universe/historical elements. It could really help the franchise leap forward into the really weird stuff.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 08-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #113
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Ellen may have been in Montreal for something other than DOFP, to do promotional material for Kitty or to reshoot a scene. I don't think she will have scenes with past characters. Kitty is unlikely to go anywhere near 1973.

I was wondering if the others find out Rogue is in the internment camp through one of the new characters. Perhaps one of them knew her from there and they'd escaped or they knew her before she was captured. Otherwise I am wondering how they know she's in there. They won't have access to Cerebro or Government sources. The only other ways they'd know is if they saw her captured themselves and it's the only camp, they somehow get access to Government computers and see her listed or they go looking for her and they're told by someone. I think it would be interesting if one of the new characters had a connection to her. Even if they don't share scenes.
Or they are freeing mutants from the internment camp and find out she's there in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
The story potential for Apocalypse/En Sabah Nur goes well beyond "action".

It's one of the few instances that the tide turns against humanity, and weaker mutants alike. It's a logical evolution of the storyline, and really expands the X-Men universe/historical elements. It could really help the franchise leap forward into the really weird stuff.
That's assuming some of us want the movies to go into the "really weird stuff".

I personally don't see the "really weird stuff" as a leap "forward" to be honest.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #114
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

also depends if FOX want it to go into really weird stuff, so far its been pretty grounded

Old 08-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #115
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Yup.

Quite frankly, that "really weird stuff" is when the comics, cartoons, and video games start to lose my interest.

It's like "okay, you went from a superhero story with some very strong and deep themes, character, heart, and motives, to "PEW PEW SPACESHIPS!! PEW PEW MONSTERS!! PEW PEW OMGWTFPWN DIS IZ SOOO COOL!!!!!1"

And I'm just over here like "*yawn* wake me up when you're back to the stories that are worthwhile"

Apocalypse is one of those characters that straddles that line. On one hand, Apocalypse can be pretty well done, well thought out, and fit in with the deep themes that X-Men is built upon. But on the other hand, Apocalypse also very easily falls on the other side of the line that just because ridiculous and absurd.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #116
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

^But thats subjective because The Phoenix Saga was one of the most acclaimed in the series and it had the "PEW PEW SPACESHIPS" in it. So I don't think that good story and having "weird stuff" are mutually exclusive in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 08-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #117
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
^But thats subjective because The Phoenix Saga was one of the most acclaimed in the series and it had the "PEW PEW SPACESHIPS" in it. So I don't think that good story and having "weird stuff" are mutually exclusive in any way.
And all the "PEW PEW SPACESHIPS" getting removed for the movie was the best thing that ever happened to the Phoenix Saga in my opinion.

The Phoenix Saga went from a story that I had little to no interest in in the comics, to a story that redefined how I felt about Jean Grey and Phoenix in the movies.

I don't pretend to say that the Phoenix Saga was developed as much as it should have been in the movie, but the movie's treatment of the story actually got me interested in the story and skyrocketed Jean Grey's standing with me and how I felt about the character as a whole.

I love Bryan Singer and how he has handled the franchise to this point, and I love what he appears to be doing with Days Of Future Past, but his alleged treatment of the Phoenix Saga for his X-Men 3 is the one thing I'm glad never happened to this film franchise.

You are right, it is subjective, like most subjects on this franchise. All I can do, like everyone else, is discuss what I like about the series thus far, what I don't like about this series thus far, and what I hope does and doesn't happen with the franchise going forward. It's all subjective, true, just like anybody else's statements on the subject.

Last edited by Nell2ThaIzzay; 08-16-2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #118
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

an Apocalypse story will probably be done quite grounded

Old 08-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #119
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
an Apocalypse story will probably be done quite grounded
Apocalypse certainly -can- be done in a grounded fashion. It's one of those things that can go either way, and either be really good, or be really bad.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #120
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Singer

Last edited by BMM; 08-16-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #121
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Or they are freeing mutants from the internment camp and find out she's there in the process.
Too coincidental and not really believable. There is only Magneto and Iceman doing it so it's unlikely they'd go against all that security on a random rescue mission. It's much more likely and probably in fact the case that they go there specially for Rogue because they need her powers. Magneto wouldn't go on random break out missions unless he was looking for specific mutants and Rogue would be one of his last choices to save unless she was needed for the her powers.

I still believe the Vulture spoilers were all true not just partially. They need her and go and get her. I'm just not sure how they'll know where she is. I suspect they don't know from the beginning as I don't see Wolverine leaving her in there for any length of time. It's possible one of the new characters know she's there.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #122
JP
Smelly

Looks like 70s Magneto's helmet.

Didn't Angel lose a peice of her wing in FC? That's the whole damn thing!

Old 08-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #123
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Artifacts. #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast pic.twitter.com/gBKuZSD4RO

Maybe I'm being dense but what's with the big insect wing?

Old 08-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #124
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post

Old 08-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #125
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

the coin, part of havoks costume, magnetos helmet and angels wing... what is that picture about?

i can't see this actually being in the movie