The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Have you had enough of Wolverine hogging the spotlight?
Yes 85 68.00%
No 40 32.00%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
X4ever
Newbie First Class

Default Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Just say yes or no. I'll begin by saying I'm sick and tired of it! I can't help but notice DOFP looks like a Wolverine Part 6. What's the point in making a solo film for him if he's going to steal from everybody else in the ensemble team films??? FGS "The Wolverine" is underperforming at the box office b/c there aren't enough well knowns in it. That shows Wolverine by himself is NOT marketable like Batman, Superman, Spider-Man and Iron Man are! The only reason X-Men Origins: Wolverine made a lot of money was b/c of other marketable characters like Gambit and Emma Frost were included.

I'm so annoyed that Wolverine is the time traveler when Kitty Pryde and Bishop are right there? That is so selfish and disrespectful. Apparently film makers think they're alright as time travelers for the comics and TV shows, but not for a movie?! They think Wolverine just being around for the future is NOT good enough so you have to include him in the past as well? That's BS!

X4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Default Re: Are you tired of Wolverine being overexposed?

Neither Kitty Pryde nor Bishop is in the 70's for their conciousness to be sent back into.

As for your question. Not really.

But i am sick of Iron Man being overexposed

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Angamb
Banned User

physical travel also exists in the comics, you knew that, right?

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #4
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i am abit tired of wolverine yes

Old 08-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

1. There are supposed to be more than one time traveler in DOFP. Singer loved the Animated series, and Bishop's presence in the film is not a coincidence.
2. I would hardly call it a Wolverine film when Singer added a huge slew of Mutants to the cast...atop of the Original Trilogy Cast and the First Class Cast.
3. Theoretically speaking, any Mutant character could be worthy of a solo film; however, at the end of the day, Wolverine is a popular character and will still do decent at the box office. But, in reality, a Cyclops solo film would not sell. Wolverine appeals to audiences the way Batman and Clint Eastwood do: he's a gritty antihero, the subject of a spaghetti western or ninja film.
4. I would not claim that Origins Wolverine did as well because of Gambit: Kitsch is far from a household name and the Not Emma Frost was not played up either. The film suffered because of terrible writing...which is inevitable when you hire the idiot who would later write A Good Day to Die Hard.
5. Again, while Jackman will have his defining moments in DOFP, he is not going outshadow the cast; especially when one is looking at a dozen A-League actors.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
Angamb
Banned User

people didnt saw Origins because of the actors theirself, but because of the characters.

And both Cyclops, Gambit, Emma, and Deadpool were on the movie.

To deny that wasnt an important factor is nonsense.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #7
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Yes.

Old 08-16-2013, 02:38 PM   #8
Mars123
Side-Kick

Is it a shock to say....yes?! I think I've been saying that a lot and will maintain I'm not necessarily saying him not to be in the films just not at the forefront.....

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #9
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

No actually. He's the face of this franchise for a reason, and I'm surprisingly optimistic about his role in this film. Hugh Jackman is great, and The Wolverine has done a lot to restore my interest in the character. I only felt negatively about his over-exposure when it was unnecessary and to the detriment of the film (The Last Stand), or in a flat out bad film (Origins). With Singer back in charge I have no fears about this.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
BlackFox
Red 5 standing by

I will agree Wolverine has had much of the lions share of attention now, but after TW I am happy for him to take a back seat now a decent wolverine film has been made I am more than happy.

Seems like the OP is trying to antagonise with his tone though, not sure what he means by part 6 as Logan only had three words to speak in First Class or the dribble about Origins only making money because of Gambit and Emma Frost??? but I am not going to bite...........oh wait a minute

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #11
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
physical travel also exists in the comics, you knew that, right?
I do. But thats not the time travel they are using apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
1. There are supposed to be more than one time traveler in DOFP. Singer loved the Animated series, and Bishop's presence in the film is not a coincidence.
2. I would hardly call it a Wolverine film when Singer added a huge slew of Mutants to the cast...atop of the Original Trilogy Cast and the First Class Cast.
3. Theoretically speaking, any Mutant character could be worthy of a solo film; however, at the end of the day, Wolverine is a popular character and will still do decent at the box office. But, in reality, a Cyclops solo film would not sell. Wolverine appeals to audiences the way Batman and Clint Eastwood do: he's a gritty antihero, the subject of a spaghetti western or ninja film.
4. I would not claim that Origins Wolverine did as well because of Gambit: Kitsch is far from a household name and the Not Emma Frost was not played up either. The film suffered because of terrible writing...which is inevitable when you hire the idiot who would later write A Good Day to Die Hard.
5. Again, while Jackman will have his defining moments in DOFP, he is not going outshadow the cast; especially when one is looking at a dozen A-League actors.
Great post

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
)With Singer back in charge I have no fears about this.
Same here

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #12
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I hope this is the last Wolverine led film for a while. As a movie to sort of close the books on the OT, I can buy it. But this cannot continue as the franchise goes forward. If it spring boards to new characters and stories, then I don't mind Wolverine being here. Still feel it wasn't entirely neccessary to put him front and center however.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #13
DarknessOfDeath
Shut up and kiss me!

Yes. Sick of it. Time for a reboot or more films with less Wolverine. X-men isn't about Wolverine. There's more to X-men besides some dude with claws. Time to give other characters a chance to shine.

The Adrianne Palicki Thread
DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #14
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

It's time for stories that don't centre on him or which don't give him the central role. He can still get a subplot or some vital part in the mission, but the stories have to focus on other characters.

After 13 years, I have no idea who Storm really is, we only had a brief glimpse of Angel and Psylocke, and not a lot of depth on Gambit.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #15
StarLord
Blood Eagle

I'm not sick of Hugh Jackman, but I am sick of Wolverine as the be-all and end-all.

He does a brilliant job, but it's time to give someone else a shot in the spotlight.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #16
kasjan
Side-Kick

I don't have enough of Wolverine as main X-Men character.
How about Ironman saving the world in Avengers? Reboot the whole phase 1?

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #17
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

^ thats a bingo.

Avengers 2 will be Iron Man 4.

They didn't pay him a **** ton of money not to be the main character again

Old 08-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #18
Blake II
Banned User

I'm tired of it too OP.

The Wolverine was horrible imo. So boring, a couple people even left mid-movie. The post credits scene was better than the entire film lol that just goes to show you that some people are bored with Wolverine getting all this exposure.

We need more Gambit and Cyclops.

Quote:
Iron Man would have gotten destroyed by the Chiatuari had it been only him. And Iron Man is 10x funnier and more interesting than Wolverine. You're the type of dude that would prefer to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine than Iron Man 1. Please go.

Blake II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:32 PM   #19
StarLord
Blood Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake II View Post
We need more Gambit
I'm waiting for this too, but I can't see it happening anytime soon unfortunately.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #20
Project862006
Banned User

far more sick of tony stark than i am for logan

hugh jackman brings something new each film his performance in the wolverine was probably his best yet

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #21
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
It was all handled very differently. Iron Man wasn't the one giving orders, that was Captain America. And there was no love triangle thing where he was trying to muscle in on someone else's girl. Imagine if Hawkeye and Widow were an item and there was a triangle thing going on with Iron Man trying to get Widow.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:01 PM   #22
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I'm not sick of Wolverine or Tony Stark.

Does that mean that I want Wolverine to be the leader of every film? No. He's done that enough by now, and there are plenty of other characters who haven't had their due yet in the films. Wolverine is my favorite character and I adore Hugh, but contrary to what some continue to assume, that doesn't mean I need him front and center in every film, especially not at the expense of other characters.

That being said, Wolverine being the time traveller makes sense in the current filmverse. If they're branching the FC and OT casts (which is a bloody brilliant concept), then he's the one who was around in both timelines and looks virtually the same. Kitty wasn't born yet during the FC timeline, and people who only know the movies don't know Bishop, so introducing him could eat a lot of screentime out of the story they're trying to tell.

And not for nothing, but anyone who's been following this film should not be surprised that Kitty isn't the time traveller. Since when is a teenager in the early 21st century around in 1973?

From what we've seen of the trailer, it looks like a lot of it deals with reconciling what goes on between Magneto and Xavier in the past, so it's better story wise to send someone who knows them, and who's someone the audience knows as well.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #23
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I'm tired of it too OP.

The Wolverine was horrible imo. So boring, a couple people even left mid-movie. The post credits scene was better than the entire film lol that just goes to show you that some people are bored with Wolverine getting all this exposure.

We need more Gambit and Cyclops.

Iron Man would have gotten destroyed by the Chiatuari had it been only him. And Iron Man is 10x funnier and more interesting than Wolverine. You're the type of dude that would prefer to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine than Iron Man 1. Please go.
No, you don't get to tell people to leave because you don't agree with them.

We don't tell you to leave The Wolverine forum, even though you've posted virtually the same comments at least once a week in there about it being boring and not having enough 'splosions for you. Because that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

See how that works?

Old 08-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #24
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Iron Man is 10x funnier and more interesting than Wolverine.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
far more sick of tony stark than i am for logan

hugh jackman brings something new each film his performance in the wolverine was probably his best yet
Agreed with that.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:19 PM   #25
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.
Did I not just say we need to respect the opinions of others?