"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 08-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #828
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread: - Part 5

Quote:
FX has acquired a new batch of features, including the Top 3 movies at the boxoffice this past weekend, 2 Guns, Wolverine and Smurfs 2.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/fx-a...rine-the-heat/

Not too surprising for The Wolverine, as FX is a part of FOX/NewsCorp.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #829
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

Old 08-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #830
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Not sure if this has been posted, but this website below pretty much has some candid photos of the filming of the Wolverine, and some of the challenges some of the fx crew members had to face when building the sets and cgi etc..

Here are a few images, more in the link

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/claw...the-wolverine/

Old 08-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #831
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

Old 08-10-2013, 09:37 PM   #832
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Awwww they look so humble!

Old 08-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #833
narrows101
Side-Kick

Report from a stuntman:

Quote:
Wolverine high for stuntman Low
Vanessa Williams, The West AustralianAugust 13, 2013, 4:45 am

Kenny Low at home in Willeton. Picture: Iain Gillespie/The West Australian

Not many people would be game enough to point a gun at Hollywood heavyweight Hugh Jackman in his burly Wolverine form but Willetton stuntman Kenny Low has done just that.

The 35-year-old was lucky enough to land a coveted stunt gig alongside Jackman in the second spin-off of the Marvel Comics X-Men franchise, The Wolverine, which was shot mainly in Sydney last year.

Low spent close to 14 hours straight working with the 44-year-old actor on an intense fight scene for the action flick, an experience he describes as "mind-blowing".

"I can't explain it - I was kind of speechless," he said. "It was my first time being on such a massive film set for a massive blockbuster; how I landed it I did not know.

"The scene that I had with him, it was breathtaking. Not everyone gets an opportunity like this, it was a professional experience I had with him."

But Low says the audition process was a feat in itself.

"I had to fly to Sydney to go and audition for it, I flew out on a red eye flight," he recalls. "So I got to Sydney at like six in the morning and the auditions were at two o'clock.

"There was 15 or 20 people in the audition and I was the only person from Perth, so it kind of put the pressure on me in that sense.

"The audition lasted for an hour or so, then I basically flew back to Perth the same day."

Thankfully, his whirlwind trip paid off, with Low getting a call-back a month later telling him he'd scored the job.

It saw him spend close to five weeks in Sydney shooting at Fox Studios and in Darling Harbour's iconic Chinese Gardens.

Although his only interaction with Jackman was during the 14-hour night shoot, he struck up a friendship with some of the fellow stuntmen and cast on set, including Japanese actress Rila Fukushima, who stars as Wolverine's determined sidekick, Yukio.

"She was the funniest girl, she was really outgoing," Low says.

"All the cast were really professional."

Although being a stuntman isn't a full-time job for Low just yet - he is working towards becoming a safety officer until more stunt work comes through - the 35-year-old hopes to work his movie contacts and score a stunt role in the next Avatar film.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-...-stuntman-low/

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 08-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #834
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

On the front page It says Rogue was nearly In the wolverine.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-the-wolverine

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 08-13-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #835
Superhero 101
DESI

Interesting It would have been cool to see her but I am glad with the way the movie turned out

Old 08-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #836
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

They could have just had Rogue waiting for Logan at the airport lol.. easy enough

Old 08-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #837
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm glad they didn't include Rogue in Wolverine 2.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #838
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!

A cool bit of inside info about the sword in the film:
https://twitter.com/moviemaster1993/...78876130385921

Old 08-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #839
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Quote:
While The Wolverine is currently in theaters, rumors popped up online this week that star Hugh Jackman was being courted to sign a deal worth $100 million for four more movies featuring the clawed mutant.

But EW caught up with Jackman on the Montreal set of next summer’s highly anticipated X-Men: Days of Future Past and the actor laughed off the reports. “No it’s not true,” says Jackman. “I would never do that. I’ve never done that mainly because, for the fans and for me, each time I’ve gone around there’s been a really good reason to do it and I don’t know what that reason is from here. I’m in the middle of making this and I just promoted the other and I’m really happy with the way The Wolverine came out.”
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/08/1...eal-exclusive/

Old 08-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #840
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
I dunno. I love Jackman as an actor...and i can't think of anyone that would be better suited to play Wolverine.

Still, he's a VERY talented actor and he's now in his prime. I don't want him to waste that by playing just one character for the next 10-15 years if you know what i mean.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #841
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
I dunno. I love Jackman as an actor...and i can't think of anyone that would be better suited to play Wolverine.

Still, he's a VERY talented actor and he's now in his prime. I don't want him to waste that by playing just one character for the next 10-15 years if you know what i mean.
Jackman's in my favorite Christopher Nolan movie: The Prestige. He's great. Outside of the X-Men franchise, I even have Real Steel and Van Helsing on DVD (acquired it for so cheap)! I'm silly. I'm excited to see his new projects.

It was (and hopefully still is) a great idea for Christian Bale to bow out of doing the Batman gig where they left it and I'm just left wondering how and if they're going to wrap this X-Men continuity. It could have ended with X:TLS...but they kept rolling along. They've got to keep making movies whether FOX wants to or not I presume to keep the rights? That's a conundrum.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #842
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Real Steel is criminally underrated. That was a great movie.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #843
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Agreed - some people just can't get past the "boxing robots" to see it's really a father/son story with the robots as the back story, loved that movie.

Then of course, there's Les Mis...

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 08-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #844
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Omg, I just finished listening to Les Mis! And I still lack the emotional capacity to get through the last 20 minutes of it. Sobbing over dinner right now...

Old 08-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #845
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
The kid was a little much at times, but yeah I like Real Steel a lot. Teared up a little bit during the finale. It is the right kinda of cliched.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #846
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Omg, I just finished listening to Les Mis! And I still lack the emotional capacity to get through the last 20 minutes of it. Sobbing over dinner right now...
I just finished watching the Oscar performance which is still bookmarked on my DVR - watching Aaron Tveit who played Enjolras on his USA show "Graceland" made me do it. Haven't watched it in a bit but there went the tears and feelings, what a performance by all, led by Hugh of course.

BTW, Les Mis premieres on HBO on Aug. 31.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #847
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
I just finished watching the Oscar performance which is still bookmarked on my DVR - watching Aaron Tveit who played Enjolras on his USA show "Graceland" made me do it. Haven't watched it in a bit but there went the tears and feelings, what a performance by all, led by Hugh of course.

BTW, Les Mis premieres on HBO on Aug. 31.
I've only watched my Les Mis blu-ray twice so far. I'm afraid I'll overwatch it! It's my favorite musical, I don't want to spoil it! But now I'm gonna have to watch it again this weekend. And again on HBO...

Old 08-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #848
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post

IMO, he should sign the contract. For actors, its really fortunate that studios/producers want them to comeback for at least 5 films. And I feel he's not gonna lose anything if he plays Wolverine for the tenth time. He can still do other movies.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:50 PM   #849
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
IMO, he should sign the contract. For actors, its really fortunate that studios/producers want them to comeback for at least 5 films. And I feel he's not gonna lose anything if he plays Wolverine for a tenth time. He can still do other movies.
You're making it sound like he's just starting out in Hollywood. He's come back for six of these movies already. He's got an Oscar nomination, he's won an Emmy, a Golden Globe, and two Tony Awards. He's been the star of a billion-dollar superhero franchise for the last thirteen years, and he's broken house records on Broadway.

I think it's pretty well established at this point that the industry likes him well enough that he doesn't need to sign an absurd (rumored) $100 million deal to do four more of these movies just to prove it.

He gave a great answer. He was basically saying that if that deal was true and if he took it, it would look like he was only taking it because they were throwing tons of money at him to do it. He said he's always done them because there was a reason why he wanted to and because he thought it was something the fans wanted to see. If he's going to keep doing them, he wants that to still be the reason why.

You can't think that Wolverine should be the main focus of the rest of his career. That's crazy.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #850
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
You're making it sound like he's just starting out in Hollywood. He's come back for six of these movies already. He's got an Oscar nomination, he's won an Emmy, a Golden Globe, and two Tony Awards. He's been the star of a billion-dollar superhero franchise for the last thirteen years, and he's broken house records on Broadway.

I think it's pretty well established at this point that the industry likes him well enough that he doesn't need to sign an absurd (rumored) $100 million deal to do four more of these movies just to prove it.

He gave a great answer. He was basically saying that if that deal was true and if he took it, it would look like he was only taking it because they were throwing tons of money at him to do it. He said he's always done them because there was a reason why he wanted to and because he thought it was something the fans wanted to see. If he's going to keep doing them, he wants that to still be the reason why.

You can't think that Wolverine should be the main focus of the rest of his career. That's crazy.
I'm not saying and thinking that Wolverine should be the main focus of his career/the rest of his career.

But with signing a 4-film contract, he's probably guaranteed to appear in more films. And since he already appeared in 7 X-Men films, this shouldn't be new or a question to him. A lot of established actors out there would love to be a part of a successful franchise.

Closed Thread