The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 08-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #501
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: The X-FORCE Official Thread

Thanks. I'm out of the loop on this, obviously! There's so much superhero movie tittle-tattle, gossip and rumour around that I've sort of given up chasing every single thing everybody says. All these sites are looking for soundbites that will make a good headline and it's getting too much, to be honest. No wonder the general public are turned off!

But I do wonder which characters they were planning to do solo movies for. Aside from Deadpool (which is now on the backburner, it seems), and maybe Cable, there aren't obvious choices...

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:38 AM   #502
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Thanks. I'm out of the loop on this, obviously! There's so much superhero movie tittle-tattle, gossip and rumour around that I've sort of given up chasing every single thing everybody says. All these sites are looking for soundbites that will make a good headline and it's getting too much, to be honest. No wonder the general public are turned off!
Yeah, no problem man.

I think it's a better call with a team film. We all like seeing these characters interacting with eachother alot more then individually.

...and yeah I think it was Cable and Deadpool. Those two names and X-Force were all mentioned by Millar when he was hired. Makes sense if they are rolling them all into one since they all can fit in a film together pretty well.

Last edited by def28; 08-07-2013 at 08:41 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #503
Loki882
Side-Kick

You can do both Cable and Deadpool in one film, as well as introduce some other cool mutants in a new setting. Sounds smart to me.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #504
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I think Mr. Sinister and/or Stryfe would be cool as this movie's villains. Maybe Mr. Sinister creates Stryfe from Cable. Show Stryfe listening to Sinister for the movie so it looks like he's in control, then at the end we see Mr. Sinister answering to Apocalypse. Of course, then that leads into Age of Apocalypse.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 08-07-2013 at 06:30 PM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #505
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Based on comments from Wadlow, he had to suggest that the 'MCU approach' not be used in connection with the X-Verse, for which I'm actually very glad. It honestly doesn't make sense to do solo films to establish the existence of certain characters before holding them into a big team-up movie given the way the franchise has been handled to date.

Getting back to character lineups, I would personally rather not see them use any existing characters other than Wolverine and possibly Colossus or one of the 'future mutants' from the DoFP 2023 future, but if they do use Deadpool, I'd rather they not even reference Origins: Wolverine and leave it 'up to interpretation' as to whether or not he's the same character from that movie, especially if they have the film occupy the same continuity as the X-Men franchise, which I think they should and which, based on Wadlow's comments, seems to likely be the case.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #506
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Apocalypse could be hinted at in DOFP, expanded upon in x force and then have xmen age of apocalypse down the line.
I hope there's a movie featuring between there focusing on the original cast.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #507
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
My guess is I think it will be like how GOTG is doing it. Where Apocalypse is present and some of his mythology is introduced but he's not the main baddie. Alot of X-Force characters or arcs have to do with him. Probably best building him up. He's such an epic villain, he should be in multiple films. Maybe build it to a possible X-Men+X-Force film later for a full on Age Of Apocalypse.
I like the idea, kind of planting the seeds in X-Focre with him in the background but not actually seen until maybe the very end. Then do a big Age of Apocalypse style crossover with the X-Men for a sequel.

Quote:
Heres Stryfe.

Damn! He looks medieval!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:08 PM   #508
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Unless you're going to create an entirely new continuity, I honestly think that the most organic way to do an X-Force film is to use DoFP to establish that the 2023 dystopian future from that movie still exists - albeit not as dangerous thanks to whatever was done in the past - and have said future be the setting for the X-Force movie. That way, you've got both a loose connection to the X-Franchise as well as the creative freedom to pretty much tell whatever stories you want.

Doing this would mean no cross-polienization of the franchises unless you made it clear that the X-Force timeline was different from the timeline of the 'X-Franchise', but I don't think doing crossovers would be the best option anyway.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #509
BlackFox
Kuzuri

Don't ask me why but with all the time travel happenings in DoFP I keep having this nagging feeling like Cable is going to be a surprise character that shows up in it, not a major role but maybe just at the end. It would make sense with the time travel plus it would then open up the way for X-force.

HAWKEYE PUNISHER WOLVERINE WAR MACHINE

DREDD
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #510
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

^ I hope there's no teaser to X-Force. Unless its 100% guaranteed that it will happen.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #511
kasjan
Side-Kick

Give it to me:

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #512
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
Give it to me:
That would be a good line-up.

Also this is the first Marvel film to explore time-travel, so the possibility of introducing characters like Cable and others should be interesting if they include time-travel.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #513
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Nice pic!

Old 08-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #514
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

With Kick-Ass 2 earning a lot of negative reviews in RT, I think this film should get another writer.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:35 AM   #515
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
With Kick-Ass 2 earning a lot of negative reviews in RT, I think this film should get another writer.
Only reason X-Force is happnening is cause of Wadlow. He pitched the idea.

Kick-Ass 2 is alot like the comic. For those that don't like it the problem would be coming from the source imo, with Millar on board it was not gonna trail off that far from the book. It's not everyones cup of tea to start with or as fresh as the first comic. I thought it was hilarious and more entertaining then the KA2 comic when it comes down to it.

Last edited by def28; 08-16-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #516
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Hmmm to me, if the latest film of a writer/director has a Rt rating below than 30%, I don't think its a good idea to hire them especially for a X-Men movie. And I keep complaining about Simon Kinberg's involvement in DOFP.

Plus the first Kick-Ass movie was pretty good and had a high rating in RT, if Kick Ass 2 is an X-Men film, it would have been the worst review X-Men film to date.

X-Force should get another writer.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:23 AM   #517
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah and lets get another Director/writer for DOFP cause the hack Brian Singer made one of the biggest flops of all time Jack The Giant Slayer with a 50% rating. Cold you imagine if that was DOFP??? The most expensive X-Men movie???

Dude, go watch the film then make your decision.

Last edited by def28; 08-17-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #518
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Yeah and lets get another Director/writer for DOFP cause the hack Brian Singer made one of the biggest flops of all time Jack The Giant Slayer with a 50% rating. Dude, go watch the film then make your decision.
At least with Bryan Singer, he already produced/directed good X-Men films in the past. He was also part of the success of X1/X2. And his return to director's chair is definitely helping DOFP to earn good WOM from the public.

I can't say that to Jeff Wadlow.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:38 AM   #519
def28
Side-Kick

I'm being sarcastic. You hate too much on this film. Just saying at least judge something for yourself before you start talking ****. Cause right now alot of people are liking that movie.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:54 AM   #520
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
I'm being sarcastic. You hate too much on this film. Just saying at least judge something for yourself before you start talking ****. Cause right now alot of people are liking that movie.
Even if I enjoyed watching Kick-Ass 2 (I doubt I will, since I didn't really enjoy the 1st one), I still want the film to have writers/directors that have a good track record.

For example I enjoyed the first G.I. Joe movie, but would I want the writers/director of that film to work in a X-Men movie. Absolutely not!

Old 08-17-2013, 12:59 AM   #521
def28
Side-Kick

Your constant negativity tells me you have been biased on the project before it was even announced. So I'm having a hard time believing you would be ok with it even if it got good reviews or switched writers. Kick-Ass 2 is very different from an X-Men movie.

If you watched it and had legit complaints about the writing I understand that. But it is faithful to the comic which is what his job was to do and he also actually improved on it imo.

Last edited by def28; 08-17-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #522
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Your constant negativity tells me you have been biased on the project before it was even announced. So I'm having a hard time believing you would be ok with it even if it got good reviews or switched writers. Kick-Ass 2 is very different from an X-Men movie.

If you watched it and had legit complaints about the writing I understand that. But it is faithful to the comic which is what his job was to do.
According to some people, a comic-book that wasn't very good, I read that in the other threads.

Even if I'm not liking the idea of X-Factor film happening, I still want the quality of the film to be good. Same with the other spin-offs that might happen. I would just hate to see it if its both, a box-office disappointment and a bad-reviewed film. The quality of the X-Force film will reflect on the whole X-Men film franchise.

If you are content with the Kick-Ass 2 writer/director writing this X-Force film then good for you. But in my opinion, they should get a writer with a better track record.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-17-2013 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:27 AM   #523
def28
Side-Kick

KA2 isn't a good comic. Wadlow actually made some good calls on what to change.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #524
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
KA2 isn't a good comic. Wadlow actually made some good calls on what to change.
Still a writer shouldn't just deliver a so-so film just because the source material is not good. And what makes you think he will deliver a good film based on a good X-Factor issue if his track record isn't good. And I'm just not referring to Kick-Ass 2 but his other films too. Staying true to the source material is one thing, delivering a good film is another.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:52 AM   #525
def28
Side-Kick

I thought it was a good movie and better then the book so thats that. You want to debate me on that. Go read the comic and watch the film. Stop letting critics speak for you. Most the time you just want bragging rights.