The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Old 08-17-2013, 07:32 PM   #51
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Default Re: Can Metallo character work in a Superman movie ??

for the upcoming film, have Lex be the main villain with Metallo being a secondary villain

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #52
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

The Metallo eps of SM:TAS were among my faves. I think it would be awesome to see him realized in film if done right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #53
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Could it work?
Why not?

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #54
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Yes. Have Lex as the main villain with Metallo as a secondary one.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:03 AM   #55
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Metallo is who I WANT! He can be the Two-Face of the MOS movie. A henchmen for Luthor who turns into an antihero near the ending, but with a tragic backstory related to some accident (as John Corben).

Metallo can add intensity, gravitas, and DEPTH to the movie.

Metallo should also SEEM like the main villain, with Lex cropping up a few places in the movie, and being revealed in full during the last scene with Superman/Metallo and Lex in a 3 way stand-off of sorts

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #56
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Metallo is who I WANT! He can be the Two-Face of the MOS movie. A henchmen for Luthor who turns into an antihero near the ending, but with a tragic backstory related to some accident (as John Corben).

Metallo should also SEEM like the main villain, with Lex cropping up a few places in the movie, and being revealed in full during the last scene with Superman/Metallo and Lex in a 3 way stand-off of sorts
Don't forget Bats teaming Supes vs MEtallo and Lex... I like the idea

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #57
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by juansuperiron20 View Post
Don't forget Bats teaming Supes vs MEtallo and Lex... I like the idea
Well, if it's a true sequel, I would prefer that Batman merely investigate Lex while Superman defeats Metallo and confronts Lex, knowing that he has a friend who can find any cross-references and data to expose Luthor, or even plant evidence against him.

I want the team-up movie to be the sequel. Show some cooperation between the two characters, and have the sequel be the team-up movie.

Then Lex can get desperate and seek help from bigger otherworldly threats (like Braniac or something) to bring Superman down. I also want him to figure out that Bruce Wayne is Batman for the sequel. I guess that means Luthor's got to die somehow for that to happen without a giant plot hole

Old 08-18-2013, 12:52 AM   #58
Vaibow
Side-Kick

i was thinking about it again tonight and i am so torn at who i want in the role, plot and outcome. But.. right now i would like this.

We see a Metropolis that is being rebuilt, funded by Lexcorp.

The kryptonian tech has been recovered by the government and the contract to reverse engineer it has been given to Wayne Enterprises - luckily for lex, Zod disgarded his suit on lex's work site - he too can begin his own engineering.

The two companies, lexcorp and wayne enterprises appear to come to some sort of agreement, to 'help' each other.

Mean while, the world is divided by this mysterious super man.

The heart of it all, metropolis is split - Daily planet Pro, lex Luthor anti.

So Lexcorp weaponise the tech, create a 'super' soldier - armour that is almost hydraulic and is powered by the energy harvested from the world engine.

John Corben is the subject - eventually the energy it uses has a long term reverse effect on his health and he goes awol on a personal mission against superman.

Whilst all this is happening, a masked vigilante is tracking superman, watching him, studying him, superman is aware but, due to advanced stealth and recce of the area, this vigilante cannot be traced - small packages are left at the planet - clark realises he has been rumbled - this batman knows his weakness - his secret identity. They do eventually meet, an exchange of words is said, the batman tries to intimidate and stir emotions, but superman is keeping his cool - until he shows him pictures of clark and lois together - superman has a nerve hit, but, all the while, he is being weakened by a small rock batman has on his person.

A fight breaks out, as superman lays on the floor, batman almost pitties him, leaving a final warning...

The climax is superman having to deal with metallo, but not before batman comes to his aid, realising he is indeed, here for good.

Vaibow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #59
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibow View Post
i was thinking about it again tonight and i am so torn at who i want in the role, plot and outcome. But.. right now i would like this.

We see a Metropolis that is being rebuilt, funded by Lexcorp.

The kryptonian tech has been recovered by the government and the contract to reverse engineer it has been given to Wayne Enterprises - luckily for lex, Zod disgarded his suit on lex's work site - he too can begin his own engineering.

The two companies, lexcorp and wayne enterprises appear to come to some sort of agreement, to 'help' each other.

Mean while, the world is divided by this mysterious super man.

The heart of it all, metropolis is split - Daily planet Pro, lex Luthor anti.

So Lexcorp weaponise the tech, create a 'super' soldier - armour that is almost hydraulic and is powered by the energy harvested from the world engine.

John Corben is the subject - eventually the energy it uses has a long term reverse effect on his health and he goes awol on a personal mission against superman.

Whilst all this is happening, a masked vigilante is tracking superman, watching him, studying him, superman is aware but, due to advanced stealth and recce of the area, this vigilante cannot be traced - small packages are left at the planet - clark realises he has been rumbled - this batman knows his weakness - his secret identity. They do eventually meet, an exchange of words is said, the batman tries to intimidate and stir emotions, but superman is keeping his cool - until he shows him pictures of clark and lois together - superman has a nerve hit, but, all the while, he is being weakened by a small rock batman has on his person.

A fight breaks out, as superman lays on the floor, batman almost pitties him, leaving a final warning...

The climax is superman having to deal with metallo, but not before batman comes to his aid, realising he is indeed, here for good.
But the film, IMHO, should be character driven. It should be about Clark and the exploration of how he interacts with others, including. And Batman shouldn't beat Superman. He should START OUT with the upper hand, but Superman should show him how silly it is to even try to fight by spinning Batman around or something.

But I like most of what you're saying. Batman should TOTALLY be a mysterious character that pursues Superman. Devoting screentime to Wayne tears the narrative focus in two, unless it's a quick shot of a Batcave. But I'd rather we not know it's Batman until he gets revealed when Superman confronts him during the fight (his X-ray vision sees the mask under the robo-suit).

It'd be a neater plot twist, and one that shows his intellect and stealth of the character. It also allows Batman to be dark and antagonistic, without being villainous.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:44 AM   #60
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
But the film, IMHO, should be character driven. It should be about Clark and the exploration of how he interacts with others, including. And Batman shouldn't beat Superman. He should START OUT with the upper hand, but Superman should show him how silly it is to even try to fight by spinning Batman around or something.

But I like most of what you're saying. Batman should TOTALLY be a mysterious character that pursues Superman. Devoting screentime to Wayne tears the narrative focus in two, unless it's a quick shot of a Batcave. But I'd rather we not know it's Batman until he gets revealed when Superman confronts him during the fight (his X-ray vision sees the mask under the robo-suit).

It'd be a neater plot twist, and one that shows his intellect and stealth of the character. It also allows Batman to be dark and antagonistic, without being villainous.
i agree - character is what i am hoping for, suspense, intrigue, rooting for the good guy.

I want clark to feel threatened by a mysterious presence, he can't work it out -it's almost like magic to him, that someone can use the shadows, surroundings of an area to evade detection. He feels almost powerless against it, but what can he do, tell the police?

I want clark to pick up on something, like a sixth sense, he zooms in and see's a shadow lurking atop a roof.. he ofcourse is in public, so makes his excuses and instantly flies there, but nothing is there, except for a rolling trash can lid, another time, he awakes at night and his window is open - we then see bats on a roof top he has bugged clark - that kind of stuff - it just shows how damn smart bruce is.

I also want to see a pubic divided, superman saves the day but one by stander shouts out something similar to - 'what about the thousands dead, the children.. what about them?' it really pulls a cord.

Lex is pure political agenda, the NSA style army he prototypes is his vision of a safer metropolis - the tech he produces is the future - but the conflict there is that it is ironic that the tech to protect us is from the thing we are afraid of, so to speak.

I would also love to see the government narrow it down to like 5 people who they think is superman, due to facial recognition etc - bruce is tracking the government files and he too is on it - he somehow manages to alter the encoded file of the dimensions of superman's face. So when they try to match it with clark, it doesn't fit - therefore they will never find out who superman is and just accept he is not on record as a civilian - bruce knows though.

I'm trying to think of a film, as an example where someone is hunted and it's suspense - anyways.

I'd like batman to be in constant shadows, never in day light and never too close to superman - i would like batman to pull out trigger, his yellow utility belt rigged with explosives - 'one step closer superman and your work colleagues are ashes'

Batman comes off as a jerk, but he should.. he is testing superman - that's how they battle.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #61
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

back in the late 90s/early 00s when a Superman movie was in development hell, i always thought that Kevin Bacon would make an awesome John Corbin/Metallo

that ship has sailed now though

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:33 AM   #62
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibow;26662831[B
]i agree - character is what i am hoping for, suspense, intrigue, rooting for the good guy.

I want clark to feel threatened by a mysterious presence, he can't work it out -it's almost like magic to him, that someone can use the shadows, surroundings of an area to evade detection. He feels almost powerless against it, but what can he do, tell the police?
[/B]
I want clark to pick up on something, like a sixth sense, he zooms in and see's a shadow lurking atop a roof.. he ofcourse is in public, so makes his excuses and instantly flies there, but nothing is there, except for a rolling trash can lid, another time, he awakes at night and his window is open - we then see bats on a roof top he has bugged clark - that kind of stuff - it just shows how d*** smart bruce is.

I also want to see a pubic divided, superman saves the day but one by stander shouts out something similar to - 'what about the thousands dead, the children.. what about them?' it really pulls a cord. (I like this, but that feels a little to close to the NO MORE DEAD COPS! part of TDK)

Lex is pure political agenda, the NSA style army he prototypes is his vision of a safer metropolis - the tech he produces is the future - but the conflict there is that it is ironic that the tech to protect us is from the thing we are afraid of, so to speak.

I would also love to see the government narrow it down to like 5 people who they think is superman, due to facial recognition etc - bruce is tracking the government files and he too is on it - he somehow manages to alter the encoded file of the dimensions of superman's face. So when they try to match it with clark, it doesn't fit - therefore they will never find out who superman is and just accept he is not on record as a civilian - bruce knows though. (Ooh! Neat)

I'm trying to think of a film, as an example where someone is hunted and it's suspense - anyways.

I'd like batman to be in constant shadows, never in day light and never too close to superman - i would like batman to pull out trigger, his yellow utility belt rigged with explosives - 'one step closer superman and your work colleagues are ashes'

Batman comes off as a jerk, but he should.. he is testing superman - that's how they battle.
That's something I don't think Batman would say, though. I think he would figure out Clark's identity and then blackmail him or something.

And I'd rather Bruce Wayne's last name NEVER be mentioned, and for the character to be referenced ONCE before, but subtle.

I think Batman existing should be the plot twist, and flashbacks should indicate how Bruce tracked Superman down, after Bruce realizes how honest Superman is (I guess by Clark explaining that he was framed, and Bruce realizes that the evidence doesn't match. I'd also like Clark to say that he sympathizes with Bruce's desire to make the world more peaceful, or something like that).

*There are medical shows for that

Old 08-18-2013, 04:16 AM   #63
Airwings
Waves of air

I wish that Superman won't be able to fight Metallo down by himself, because of the kryptonit core.
And Batman can't do it either, because the dude is a robot.
They have to work together.

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 12:50 PM   #64
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's something I don't think Batman would say, though. I think he would figure out Clark's identity and then blackmail him or something.

And I'd rather Bruce Wayne's last name NEVER be mentioned, and for the character to be referenced ONCE before, but subtle.

I think Batman existing should be the plot twist, and flashbacks should indicate how Bruce tracked Superman down, after Bruce realizes how honest Superman is (I guess by Clark explaining that he was framed, and Bruce realizes that the evidence doesn't match. I'd also like Clark to say that he sympathizes with Bruce's desire to make the world more peaceful, or something like that).

*There are medical shows for that
What you put in bold is my opinion, not what i want batman to say

Old 08-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #65
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Yeah. Batman would have to threaten Superman somehow. But in a more Batmanish way, if that makes any sense.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:20 PM   #66
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
^ Yeah. Batman would have to threaten Superman somehow. But in a more Batmanish way, if that makes any sense.
totally agree.. batman is a smart human, he can pull on clarks emotions...

Old 08-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #67
Airwings
Waves of air

Now we've discussed Batman's and Lex'es for a long time. Time to move up the level.

Who should play Metallo? Don't start that tired old "should be an unknown" again.

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #68
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

I've been thinking about it using Metallo in a fan fic and I keep thinking about Sam Worthington in Terminator Salvation and who his character really was (sorry but him just randomly becoming a good man from being a convict killer is crap), maybe a little re-working with it and he'd actually be perfect to play John Corben in a live action movie with similar effects to him in T4 (but with alot of green lol).

Then after words I found a bunch of fan casts that had him too lol, so yeah....just throwin that out there

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Reynolds/Pine - Green Lantern -
Bay
Gosling/Kwanten - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
- It's the Dawn Of A New Day!!!!
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #69
Xak-Ell
Side-Kick

i'm pretty sure he can. if they go the smallville route with it. MoS would have to find a way to introduce kryptonite though

Xak-Ell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #70
Vaibow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xak-Ell View Post
i'm pretty sure he can. if they go the smallville route with it. MoS would have to find a way to introduce kryptonite though
kryptonite should be the element used to power the world engine - like a radiated rock, a natural battery.. like a kryptonian version of our plutonium or uranium etc. For some reason, it is mildly toxic to human, like i guess lead, but lethal to kryptonians.

Makes sense when you think of it - or... it's a piece of meteorite in a museum as having it 'land' around the events of MOS is just too fortunate.

Maybe clark could go check it out, to learn more about himself, maybe thinking he will find something at an exhibition and he finds he reacts when near a specific rock.

My casting for metallo - Josh Brolin -being serious now.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #71
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

http://www.thinkmcflythink.com/movie...-its-not.html/
Quote:
With today's news of Gal Gadot being cast as Wonder Woman in the still untitled Batman vs. Superman movie, speculation can now turn to who will be the main antagonist in the film.

It's already been reported in that same announcement from Variety that Warner Bros. is looking at 300: Rise of an Empire and Zero Dark Thirty actor Callan Mulvey for the villain role but no word as to whom it is. Well, according to our sources here at ThinkMcFlyThink, the villian role Mulvey is being considered for is none other than...Metallo.

That's right, the man with the sheilded metal body and Kryptonite for a heart is said to be the main baddie in Batman vs. Superman.
Article also states that he was once considered for Lex Luthor.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Dragon_316ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #72
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

The more I hear about this movie the more Metallo makes sense as the main physical threat. This movie is seeming very cluttered with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman as well as The Flash apparently making an appearance. It doesnt seem to leave a lot of room for villains with complex back stories.

Metallo doesnt require a lot of depth or back story so him being physical threat while Lex is the mastermind makes more and more sense to me.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8(4)The Lego Movie-7.5(5)Robocop-7.5(6)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #73
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Maybe he's an enhanced soldier reinforced by LexCorp and WayneTech, and Bruce himself expresses sorrow at the monster Corben becomes.

I still say he should be a henchman, that Lex should be his manipulator, and that the kryptonite should be treated dead seriously as a threat to everything, just especially notable to Kryptonians.

Maybe Lex is the one who built the power source system and uses the Kryptonite's slow destruction of Corben's body to justify repeated upgrades.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #74
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Metallo makes sense as the tech that creates hgim could be a joint venture between Wayne-Tech and Lexcorp, which Bruce is using to investigate Lex.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #75
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:

I rather Metallo be a criminal indulgent hedonist that's gets lured in with promises of power and a level of god hood that could rivals Superman. Then later he realize it was more of a monkeys paw type of deal. He become's a powerful god like creature that can feel no pain but he's also unknowing giving up his ability to feel pleasure. He become manic and wants it his humanity back but then realizes he can't have it back. That's when he lose it and becomes a lose canon with nothing to lose.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote