The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #501
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Default Re: Amy Adams IS Lois Lane

@Warrior
Natalie, Mary Louise Parker Anne Hathaway, Emma Stone, etc. There are a lot of actresses i would have liked to be cast; heck I don't even think Lois has to be a white girl to tell you the truth. Natalie is my top choice because of how she played Anne Boleyn; if she had done that with a dialed down bit---ness and manipulation I think it would have been great.
With that being said they chose Amy and I agree with you she was missing something, for me it was mostly the attitude and how she said things more than anything.
You mentioned Smallville, in regards to Lois they left such a bad taste in my mouth due to season 5,6, and 7 even without the Lana fiasco in season 8. They had no idea what to do with Lois so she just floated around in the back ground making wise cracks occasionally and being left out of the meat of the storylines. If Lois had left in S4 and not returned until season 8 I feel she would have been a much better character, one who did not have Oliver AC Grant Gabriel the Inquisitor in her history.

On Superman '78 (sorry for the long post) You bring up some good points, that Margot had to play her like that to differentiate between prior leading ladies. That is honestly something I had never thought of before. I know she is the iconic Lois and everything and I accept that, I personally just prefer a more Teri/Dana type Lois, one who is hard without being masculine. I don't recall any other superhero leading lady playin the role like a Lois Lane type ala Margot or even Erica or Dana.
The most memorable leading lady I can remember in the past 20+ yrs of CBMs is Michelle as Catwoman.

Last edited by Szetsilya; 08-18-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #502
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Amy did a very good job of having this version of Lois seem like a real world reporter working in modern journalism. What they went for was not some dated "His girl Friday" homage or some "She's glamorous but cynical, and this wonderful man makes her hopeful again" B.S. Amy felt like a well rounded real person that was caught up in a beyond belief situation. Of all the characters I hope when we see her again she's changed the least.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #503
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Also WarriorDreamer Natalie has a great look for Lois Lane IMO, not conventionally beautiful but not unattractive, dark hair and bright eyes. If S:TAS Lois was ever a real person she could look like Natalie.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #504
kvz5
HBIC

I remember Anne Hathaway being my top choice for Lois. For some reason, Amy was never on my radar but I was pleasantly surprised when she got cast and she ended up being my favorite thing in MoS.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #505
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Wow lol, I looked back at some old articles that had possible Lois Lane contenders. Amy wasn't on any.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #506
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Yes , Amy was a bit of surprise pick.
Probably because of her age ,
But it all worked out well in the end IMO.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #507
Andreth
Side-Kick

It's weird she wasn't on the lists because she had been trying to play Lois for years, she auditioned for Abram's Flyby and then for Superman Returns. She read lines with Matt Bomer and she was in Smallville. She was probably the only actress with more superman backstory than any other.

It's gonna be interesting to see who they pick for Batman.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 08-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #508
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
It's weird she wasn't on the lists because she had been trying to play Lois for years, she auditioned for Abram's Flyby and then for Superman Returns. She read lines with Matt Bomer and she was in Smallville. She was probably the only actress with more superman backstory than any other.

It's gonna be interesting to see who they pick for Batman.
Hell, I didn't even know that she had tried for the role of Lois as many times as she did, let alone on her passion for the character.

And given that she was never really mentioned in the list of actresses trying out for the role, along with a lot of our preconceived notion that Lois would be some actress with brunette hair or blonde hair that would be dyed brown, when Amy was first announced, I was genuinely surprised.

I never wanted Olivia or even Mila for the role, so I was glad that they never got it, and I had been a previous supporter of someone like Rachel McAdams getting the role, but after seeing the final result in MOS, I'm glad that Amy got the role since it doesn't seem like Lois Lane is just a "role" for Amy.

And to think, there was a time where we were under the impression that Lois wouldn't even be in MOS due to the false report on how Snyder and company were looking for a female lead that "wasn't" for the role of Lois.lol

Old 08-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #509
kvz5
HBIC

It's Amy's birthday today (Aug 20).

Old 08-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #510
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

39 years old. Cool.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #511
kvz5
HBIC

She has the same birthday as Andrew Garfield and David O. Russell.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:03 AM   #512
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Another year to make her more decrepit.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #513
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Plus, it was nice to have a kiss shared between Superman and Lois that didn't end with Lois losing her memory or where one of them was unconscious.lol
I have to agree the kiss seemed a little forced, but most kisses in film seem forced and rushed. Lois first met Clark a few weeks before, and has spent more time with him than average pre-kiss for a film, so actually, they were taking the relationship slow by movie standards.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:29 PM   #514
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
Mind-wiping kiss is creepy and disturbing.

I've heard guys say that they wish they had the super power to erase women's memories. NOT the message you want to be spreading with Superman's character.
The memory wipe kiss was a horrible idea in SM2. Among other things it opens up for SR. However it was still worse in SM4. There it really has turned into something that could be used for date rape. It is truly disturbing at that point. Plus the whole Clark scaring Lois half to death by walking off the balacony scene just ended any believability.

MOS had a much better relationship between CK and LL. We understand why CK feels an attraction to LL. It is built on something other than just infatuation. That was how it came across in STM.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #515
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantis1 View Post
Ugh, no on Natalie Dormer! She is so over rated. She was terrible on "Elementary!"

I thought Amy was perfect. I thought she was professional, smart, strong, snappy, compassionate, caring, brave, and driven. She was everything I wanted in a Lois, and she wasn't turned into comedy relief or a sex object for the heck of it. Love her Lois!
I thought Lois's closing line in the film was a perfect hit. Her interactions with Perry all were well done. I just hope we get to see more of Lois working as a journalist in MOS2.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #516
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lambert View Post
I have to agree the kiss seemed a little forced, but most kisses in film seem forced and rushed. Lois first met Clark a few weeks before, and has spent more time with him than average pre-kiss for a film, so actually, they were taking the relationship slow by movie standards.
IMO the kiss was no forced... was the best kiss in the cmb... the attraction from both were uncontrollable...

Old 08-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #517
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
Also WarriorDreamer Natalie has a great look for Lois Lane IMO, not conventionally beautiful but not unattractive, dark hair and bright eyes. If S:TAS Lois was ever a real person she could look like Natalie.
In STAS Lois was always wearing a short skirt that impossibly never exposed too much. Her outfit was never ever realistic. Also, she gets involved in fights where she really should just been creamed. STAS did not have a realistic Lois.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #518
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
It's Amy's birthday today (Aug 20).
Happy Birthday Amy!

Old 08-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #519
Cantis1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I thought Lois's closing line in the film was a perfect hit. Her interactions with Perry all were well done. I just hope we get to see more of Lois working as a journalist in MOS2.
Man, me too!

And I would LOVE for her to figure out that Bruce is Batman!!!

Old 08-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #520
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Quote:
In STAS Lois was always wearing a short skirt that impossibly never exposed too much. Her outfit was never ever realistic. Also, she gets involved in fights where she really should just been creamed. STAS did not have a realistic Lois.
She wasn't realistic because she wore a short skirt and didn't get beat up?! It's a cartoon! Smallville had more unrealistic fights involving Lois; she even fought a Kryptonian who apparently conveniently lost her powers. Lois' short skirt in STAS is hardly noticeable to me but I'm not a guy. That JL and JLU had women fighting in much shorter skirts with stiletto boots and shirts that don't reach their navel yet nothing pops out, makes me not mind Lois' short skirt. If it were live action perhaps I would care more.

Ayelet Zurer is Lara-El

Old 08-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #521
John Lambert
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szetsilya View Post
She wasn't realistic because she wore a short skirt and didn't get beat up?! It's a cartoon! Smallville had more unrealistic fights involving Lois; she even fought a Kryptonian who apparently conveniently lost her powers. Lois' short skirt in STAS is hardly noticeable to me but I'm not a guy. That JL and JLU had women fighting in much shorter skirts with stiletto boots and shirts that don't reach their navel yet nothing pops out, makes me not mind Lois' short skirt. If it were live action perhaps I would care more.
If it were live action, they would not have Lois in such short shirts, at least not in most of those scenes. It is not that Lois has a short skirt per se, it is that she has a short skirt that does impossible things, like not get even shorter when she moves in certain ways. The skirt is doing things that are impossible for it to do.

I just hope in MOS 2 they do not decide that they need to put Lois in skimpy clothing to appeal more to certain audience segments.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #522
Szetsilya
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

Again every woman in cartoons and comic books who wears skimpy clothes has said clothes conveniently not move or reveal anything. I think this isn't a serious discussion because every cartoon does this.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #523
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I’ll admit that I was hoping that they’d cast a much older Batman, primarily because it would potentially limit the chance that he may be a potential foil to Superman’s romance with Lois.

I just hope that with Ben playing Bruce, it doesn’t mean that they’ll be going for the charming billionaire who sweeps Lois off of her feet scenario.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #524
Andreth
Side-Kick

Has Amy worked with Ben before?

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 08-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #525
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

No.