The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #376
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I don't think that they should use Brainiac. First of all, developing Superman and Lois, introducing Lex and Batman, AND Brainiac would really be too much for one movie. Also, they just did a massive alien invasion plot in MOS. I believe that they will want a more Earth-based threat in this movie. They can go back to alien villains in MOS 3.
Really the focus of the film should be on those four characters the most: Superman, Batman, Lois and Lex. Then when you throw in the supporting characters that's quite a stacked deck.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #377
Loki882
Side-Kick

Depends on how you use them. BB, TDK, and TA all had a lot of characters, but those movies used them very well so it worked. By contrast, SM 3 and X3 also had a lot of characters, but didn't use the well, so it was REALLY noticeable.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #378
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I like having supporting characters be well rounded, or at least well used, But if "Jenny", Perry or even the military characters we met in MOS are benched I won't give a bat guano. In a Superman and Batman story I want to see focus on those characters, with Lois, Lex and possibly another villain given their fair time. Maybe some Martha and Lois moments. But if say, Alfed is given the short end of the stick, I won't be shedding any tears.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:09 PM   #379
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
No, if there is anything that Snyder does really well, its large scale crazy stuff.
But this is a team-up.
None of the Marvel studio directors were chosen for the climax movie, The Avengers.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #380
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Man of Steel Blu-Ray 3D and DVD Arrive November 12th!

http://www.movieweb.com/news/man-of-...-november-12th

~SHH SIX~
Old 08-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #381
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Man of Steel Blu-Ray 3D and DVD Arrive November 12th!

http://www.movieweb.com/news/man-of-...-november-12th
Damn....that's another three months from now. I was hoping they were shooting for October.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #382
Vaibow
Side-Kick

A good psychological thriller - where a political agenda to control the state using alien tech, said alien being watched by the world and a certain batman only for tensions to boil when a soldier (John Corben) poses a terror threat only the man of steel can over come.

Act one is all about clark/superman establishing himself in metropolis - we see the polarities, juxtaposition - the haters, the lovers (lois - BAM)

act 2 - how the government/business world view superman - lexcorp using alien tech - daily planet covering it. new systems in place (lexcorp sponsored security). The batman making an appearance - how superman deals with that.

Act 3 - due to the energy source powering the prototype armour - john corben mental state deteriorates - has lexcorp gone too far this time.

Action - act one - metropolis based save - fog, helicopter loses control - headed for city streets - superman plucks it out the air.

act two - european bank siege - superman glides in and defuses situation.

act 3 - metallo based false flag, in metropolis - set up by luthor to test superman with kryptonite exposure - maybe an explosion that radiates him in kryptonite - show down between a depowered superman and metallo

Old 08-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #383
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Daaaaaaamn...almost 4 hrs of special features.

~SHH SIX~
Old 08-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #384
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

One thing is for sure, if the plan is to release a Justice League film only a few years after this film comes out, then this film needs to establish on who the likely candidate will be in assuming the role of leadership for this DCU's version of the Justice League.

Honestly, after everything that was set up in "Man of Steel", Superman seems like he'll be that person considering on how many times we've heard Jor-el saying that Superman can lead humanity to better places. Plus, if Snyder's words hold true to then, then Superman will be the leader since Snyder believes that Superman should be the leader of the group.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:41 AM   #385
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
And that's not including any retail exclusives they might not have listed.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #386
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

I'm pretty sure there's bloopers too.

~SHH SIX~
Old 08-20-2013, 01:35 AM   #387
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there's bloopers too.
You would mention some s**t like bloopers.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #388
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
One thing is for sure, if the plan is to release a Justice League film only a few years after this film comes out, then this film needs to establish on who the likely candidate will be in assuming the role of leadership for this DCU's version of the Justice League.

Honestly, after everything that was set up in "Man of Steel", Superman seems like he'll be that person considering on how many times we've heard Jor-el saying that Superman can lead humanity to better places. Plus, if Snyder's words hold true to then, then Superman will be the leader since Snyder believes that Superman should be the leader of the group.
In every incarnation of the JL I've ever seen, Superman is always the De-Facto leader/spokesman for the group, and Batman the primary planner/tactician. I see no reason why this would change for any JL movie.

*splat*
Old 08-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #389
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
In every incarnation of the JL I've ever seen, Superman is always the De-Facto leader/spokesman for the group, and Batman the primary planner/tactician. I see no reason why this would change for any JL movie.
Actually, if you've seen the "Young Justice" animated series, Superman was never the leader in that canon. Apparently, it was Batman and the leadership role was later shifted to Black Canary.

Also, in the "Smallville TV Series", despite the Justice League having been roughly formed in Season 6, Clark didn't become the leader until later in its 9th season.

At the end of the day, it really depends on whether Warner Bros. will interfere with this since it wouldn't be hard to assume that Warner Bros may play in their authority hand and tell the filmmaker in charge of "Justice League", let alone this film, that Batman is to become the leader of the group.

And even though Superman was presented as the unofficial leader of the Justice League in the DCAU by Timm/Dini, Batman was presented as the greater/better hero than the entire group combined.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #390
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Batman is also the leader in the New 52.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #391
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Batman is also the leader in the New 52.
Batman is DC's flagship/most popular character by far.

He has more titles at DC than any other character and they significantly outsell not just Superman but Superman plus WW, plus Flash.

More films, cartoons, graphic novels than all the rest.

He leads JL now because of this - and because that is what the larger DC fan-base wants.

I expect Batman to be the leader in the JL film and to be shown as having the idea for forming the JL to start with.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #392
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Batman will always be #2 to Superman. I know he's the hotter commodity right now in the eyes of DC Comics, but Superman will always be the more singular DC icon of the two.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #393
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Batman is DC's flagship/most popular character by far.

He has more titles at DC than any other character and they significantly outsell not just Superman but Superman plus WW, plus Flash.

More films, cartoons, graphic novels than all the rest.

He leads JL now because of this - and because that is what the larger DC fan-base wants.

I expect Batman to be the leader in the JL film and to be shown as having the idea for forming the JL to start with.
I'd love it though, if Superman was the one to come up with the JLA idea. I'd like it if Batman was the one who recruited members, along with MM.

Old 08-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #394
Tempest
....What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I'd love it though, if Superman was the one to come up with the JLA idea. I'd like it if Batman was the one who recruited members, along with MM.
I think that both men fill the role of leaders, along with Wonder Woman. They seem less interested than we are in who the top person is. So I would guess that Wonder Woman is the strength and warrior of the group, Batman is the intelligence of the group, and Superman is the heart and moral compass.

The three of them, with their differences in personality, keep the leadership role balanced. That doesn't mean that they don't diverge, and in certain circumstances, the others would defer to one single person (usually this turns out to be Batman, since he's the tactical genius of the team), but I don't know that the JL would say that there is a single leader.

Of course, I'm basing this mostly on the few JL New 52 comics I've read, and the animated series and movies. Maybe the dynamics are totally different in the older versions.

A Christmas Card featuring a Suspicious Sort. Look closely, and you'll note that he was nowhere near the place, nor indeed was he near any place at any time.

T.H.E.M.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #395
Airwings
Waves of air

Wolfgang Petersen as a possible director, or producer?

Old 08-20-2013, 12:48 PM   #396
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I really wouldn't mind if neither Superman or Batman were considered the leader. We've seen versions that show Green Lantern and Green Arrow leading. I wouldn't mind something like that to allow Superman and Batman more room in future solo movies.

Old 08-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #397
batman_1989_
Side-Kick

Have you guys seen the latest Arkham Origins trailer?THAT'S how Batman's world should look .

Old 08-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #398
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Quote:
I sure hope Cavill's screen test is included...

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 08-20-2013, 05:35 PM   #399
godisawesome
Side-Kick

To me Batman's main leadership role should be mostly restricted to in battle. Superman is clearly a more emphatic and enthusiastic hero, while Batman traditionally has a rougher, somewhat anti-social personality.

Plus, I'd rather that if Batman disagrees with Superman and the rest of the League he'll split off and form the Outsiders. I don't really like the idea of Batman the politician. Superman seems more like a classic, virtuous leader, whereas Batman requires a structure developed by the former to go full tactical general on badguys.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 08-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #400
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
2 and a half will be a Maximum Movie Mode or at least something very similar (I don't think it is a proper one as the special features dont call it one).

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Closed Thread