The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #976
Robin91939
Master Tim

Default Re: IF Christian Bale returns as Batman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
DC don't have their own film studio, though.
They do. It's called Warner Brothers' Pictures.

-R

Old 08-19-2013, 01:39 PM   #977
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Slowly transition a League. No need to rush it. Do a true MOS sequel, THEN a Superman/Batman film and end it with a WW tease, THEN do a trinity film and introduce MM, and THEN do Flash and finish with a JLA film. Then see who the fans respond the most to and spawn more solo franchises.
What's the point of doing a "true" MOS sequel before or after Superman/Batman?

I don't think they absolutely need to do solo movies for MM, WW or Flash before Justice League. Just because that's the way Marvel did it, doesn't mean that's the way it has to be done. I think that's the problem people have in looking at these films, that Marvel's blueprint is the only blueprint, and if you're not doing it that way, you're not doing it right.

Just make good films. Justice League can be just as good or better with only Superman and Batman movies leading up to it. WB tends to make the best comic book films, so I have faith it'll turn out right.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #978
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

The more I read about it, the more I would be ok with Bale coming back. Long shot but yeah I like it.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #979
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I admire Bale's dedication to TDKT, like Nolan.
Me too.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #980
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Me Three!

Old 08-19-2013, 01:54 PM   #981
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masone View Post
What's the point of doing a "true" MOS sequel before or after Superman/Batman?

I don't think they absolutely need to do solo movies for MM, WW or Flash before Justice League. Just because that's the way Marvel did it, doesn't mean that's the way it has to be done. I think that's the problem people have in looking at these films, that Marvel's blueprint is the only blueprint, and if you're not doing it that way, you're not doing it right.

Just make good films. Justice League can be just as good or better with only Superman and Batman movies leading up to it. WB tends to make the best comic book films, so I have faith it'll turn out right.
To provide more character development and fleshing out the world established in MOS.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #982
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
To provide more character development and fleshing out the world established in MOS.
And they can't do that in a Superman/Batman movie?

Old 08-19-2013, 02:05 PM   #983
shauner111
Side-Kick

Whatever we were going to get in MOS sequel, we're still getting in this movie. It's just more entertaining and fresh now that Batman is involved and not just some Lex Luthor story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
The more I read about it, the more I would be ok with Bale coming back. Long shot but yeah I like it.
Same here. Im OK with any outcome.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #984
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
regardless of what they've said so far, if I were a betting man, i'd bet on something like this..

Superman/Batman. ( if it does as well as we all think it will, then, imo, all bets are off on the current plan afterwards. )

a team up film. Flash and a rebooted GL, or, maybe WW and MM? maybe even cyborg and aquaman, who knows.

a Batman solo, or, Depending how well the first bats/supes film does, maybe another team up with he and another hero, MM comes to mind, with that leading into....

a Superman solo, or maybe a teamup with he and a lesser hero, flash, cyborg, etc.

JL.

I dont think wb will have the confidence in making solo GL, flash, or WW films yet, hence the team ups, especially if WF does bank.

logically, it seems that the stories will be connected, or they should be if the goal is an eventual JL film.
I think their goal is an immediate JL film after WF.

WB is sacrificing a Man of Steel franchise not because they want a WW/MM film but so they can get to JL. Sacrificing MOS in the sense that it will be 6 or more years before WF and JL are done. By then the time spread from MOS is too long to do a sequel.

So they do JL then, with Batman up and running, they do Flash (that is the rumor) though I think GL has the potential to be as big a franchise as Batman if done right and capitalizing on SW like elements of GL.

JL2 using Superman in JL films to help launch the new characters.

Finally, once WB has several successful franchises going, I think WB will reboot/re-launch Superman again.

All eyes are on Thor2 now. I am not a Thor fan but thouroughly enjoyed the first one. This new one looks incredible and I'm hyped.

Question is will it get the bounce IronMan got after Avengers? If Tho2 gets a similar bounce and based on Thor 1 not doing as well as IronMAn 1 that still means Thor2 could come in around 800 million WW.

Marvel will be watching of course - Cap could get a huge boost next year out of Avengers if Thor does.

And WB will be watching closely too. If Thor2 blows it away at the BO then WB will redouble its efforts to get to JL ASAP.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #985
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
WB is sacrificing a Man of Steel franchise not because they want a WW/MM film but so they can get to JL. Sacrificing MOS in the sense that it will be 6 or more years before WF and JL are done. By then the time spread from MOS is too long to do a sequel.
I don't see it that way and I don't think they see it that way. The MOS sequel is Superman/Batman, they aren't really sacrificing anything. There will likely be a MOS 3 after the JL movie.

In those 6 years, Superman would have appeared in 2 movies, possibly 2 billion dollar movies. There is no way they are not making another sequel, especially since MOS 3 will likely be a billion dollar movie itself, and also set up a Justice League 2 movie. If JL is released in 2017, I see MOS 3 coming out in 2018. MOS, Superman/Batman, Justice League, MOS 3, all these movies take place in the same universe and are continuations from the previous, I don't see why it would be too long.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #986
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think their goal is an immediate JL film after WF.
I don't. It's a possibility but I just don't think that's on their mind right now. It's on Batman/Superman and then they'll see how it goes. They don't plan ahead like Marvel, they don't need to. Their way seems to be a step by step process. Especially with Goyer running things in the writing room. He does the Nolan thing by concentrating on 1 project at a time as if they'll never get the chance to do more.

Quote:
They're not sacrificing anything. We'll get another Superman movie minus other DC characters.

They're not doing this movie so they can get to JLA. That could make it easier on their path to a possible JLA but they're doing this to support this new Superman and for a way to reboot Batman because they're scared of how to present him in a solo movie at this point. It's also a way to make the same amount of money as Justice League.

Quote:
So they do JL then, with Batman up and running, they do Flash (that is the rumor) though I think GL has the potential to be as big a franchise as Batman if done right and capitalizing on SW like elements of GL.
Flash is on tv, he wont get a movie. The only way that happens is if the show does extremely well in its first season and WB greenlight JL after the massive success of World's Finest. Flash will only get a movie if those things happen AND if the new actor for the role has a strong fan response within the JL film. That's a long ways off. And quite frankly I think it's too many positives. I like to think realistically so I don't see Flash entering the solo film world. I barely see a Justice League movie happening.

As for what I highlighted? Not in a million years. Green Lantern will never get a solo movie unless.....this supposed JLA movie reboots the character and the actor goes over so well with the audience that they decide to give it another shot. I honestly think that's wishful thinking even if it happens. Because Hulk/Ruffalo was the highlight of Avengers and his past is still in the minds of Marvel. They're not giving him a movie anytime soon. GL did so poorly that I think it's gonna be another 20 years before we see his movie happen again. If at all.

Old 08-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #987
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

All these sites are posting the same unconfirmed rumor from that stupid e-book.

No actual substance, legitimate quotes, or anything to back them up

- CM Punk
Old 08-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #988
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post

"Bale" + "Batman" = traffic. That's all they care about, it seems.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
Old 08-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #989
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post

It makes you realize in a scary way how sloppy the media is sometimes. That's exactly it, all these sources are coming from some quote not even about how bale will be offered $50m but how "he wouldn't turn it down" for that offer price hypothetically.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #990
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Well until The new Batman is cast , they can say it is possible that Bale will come back.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #991
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Not when the man has said he won't be back.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #992
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

Exactly.

He's said, allegedly, he wants to see a new actor take over. He allegedly wants to keep TDKT intact. He's allegedly refusing quite a bit if dosh to come back. HHe's allegedly said a new film is beneath him.

He's confirmed that he wouldn't do another film without Chris Nolan directing. And with MOS being somewhat of an average film, would he want to associate TDKT, something he loved and respected to it?

WB are after him, but does anybody honestly see him coming back with all that?

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 08-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #993
Masone
Side-Kick

MOS was definitely well above average. The quality wont keep him away. If he stays away, It'll be because he doesn't want to be typecast or whatever as the Batman guy. But once studios start talking about 50+ million, it's very hard to stick to your guns lol.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #994
georgec
Not a hero

To everyone holding out hope that Bale will return:

Old 08-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #995
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

Wishes do come true to people who wish hard enough...if enough people hold hands and wish together for a man who's practically confirmed himself he's not retuning as Batman and is allegedly rejecting the world, he just might change his mind

I believe in Batfleck

Old 08-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #996
Rodrigo90
Smartest Guy In The Room

And anyway, I'm not as opposed to Bale coming back as I was.

Sure, I don't really want TDKT tampered just cos WB want to milk it further. It's like breaking into Benny Hill's grave to get his loot

But as of now, WB's have bo plans for solo Batman films, which was a hope and idea I had. And it's looks like we'll be getting solo films of Batman Beyond. ..which is fine I guess, but still...

For what it's worth in that case, if it's the case, might as well get Bale back, if they can.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 08-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #997
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah, I don't think he's coming back but a part of me thinks they should keep trying simply because they apparently don't know what to do with solo films. Having an older Batman in this new movie doesn't help either.

Even though Bale said no, that was like in June or July before we heard the news of an older Batman or the whole comic con announcement. It wouldn't surprise me if he did come back for this one-off and was told "we're holding off on solo films and don't have as much enthusiasm for a Justice League anymore so do you want a part in it now?".

In that case you never know if Nolan and Bale would be like fine, we can find a way to do it if it's not some ongoing thing where Batman is a part of some massive shared universe. Basically Batman + Superman exist in 1 universe and everybody else in their own separate movie worlds (other than Flash and Green Arrow together on tv).

But right now all signs are pointing to a reboot with Armitage and Brolin as the fan favorites who can actually become Batman realistically, with clear schedules.

If that's the case then they should use Brolin for the crossover then go into Batman Beyond. Brolin with makeup as a man in his 70s, training younger Terry. But if it's someone like Armitage then I say do some Arkham-tone solo movies with the whole nine yards. New Alfred, Gordon, new villains.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #998
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Not when the man has said he won't be back.
Yes. I take Bale at his word. It's something people will have to accept, just as Bale himself has. Ala Harvey Dent being dead in TDK Trilogy, when people argued he wasn't.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 08-20-2013, 08:54 AM   #999
Tobias
Side-Kick

Just a word of caution - be careful what you wish for.

Many folks are hoping that Bale returns as Batman in WF. Probably WB most of all - its likely the only way WF can really compete with Avengers 2 in 2015.

But, you can damn well be sure if Bale is in WF, he as Batman will get most of the screen-time and most of the story focus.

They could call the film whatever they want, but Bale's return would make it essentially a Batman film.

Last edited by Tobias; 08-20-2013 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #1000
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Exactly. And Snyder would have to keep him from reusing the Batvoice, though the one in Begins was mostly alright.

Closed Thread