The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 01:07 AM   #851
SilentWarriorZ
lemonidas

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Im starting to think ultron is not created as a weapon by tony. But as an iron man replacement for him
And I am Scared that Tony has finally retired

Old 08-21-2013, 01:14 AM   #852
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWarriorZ View Post
How, when he closed IM3 by saying "I am Iron Man....?"

IM3 wasn't about him getting out of the superhero business, or "phoning it in" by creating a remote control robot drone to do all his work for him. All he did was take the arc reactor out so that he was free to live his life again without this sword of Damocles literally hanging over his heart. He's now free to become the superhero he *wants* to be, and that will most likely involve upgrading the IM armor to the ultimate form: Extremis Armor, which fuses with his body. That will also make him more vulnerable to a hack by Ultron, which, as I keep saying, is probably what the whole point of the AoU teaser at SDCC is all about.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-21-2013, 02:58 AM   #853
SilentWarriorZ
lemonidas

will we see Tony in action in his suit again or just drones flying and doing job for him remotely as far as I know he destroyed them completely in IM-3 and the final part was really confusion for me.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:07 AM   #854
cph9fa
Side-Kick

Quote:
will we see Tony in action in his suit again or just drones flying and doing job for him remotely as far as I know he destroyed them completely in IM-3 and the final part was really confusion for me.
Iron Man will be back in a suit, make no doubt about it. He walked away with Dummy at the end, so can always build more.

At the worst, he may take a little convincing. In light of the post-credit IM3 scene, I could actually picture Bruce giving Tony a pep-talk (sort of mirroring/referencing Tony's "terrible privilege" line in TA) about how just like he (Bruce) doesn't get to chose not to be the Hulk -- he *is* the Hulk whether he likes it or not -- so too Tony doesn't get to choose not to be Iron Man -- he *is* Iron Man (although, that was already sort of the point of IM3 anyway). It could be a nice way to develop their character relationship further.

(OTOH, the "terrible privilege" line in TA was specifically in reference to Tony's arc reactor, which was removed... )

Last edited by cph9fa; 08-21-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:25 AM   #855
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
I think an AI going evil and attempting to destroy humanity might be reason enough for him to not trust his drones anymore

Old 08-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #856
Loki882
Side-Kick

I saw the ending of IM 3 as Tony realizing that it isn't the suits that make him a hero, its him. Also, he found new purpose in life, so he destroyed all of the lesser suits that he built when he was in his funk. He isn't quitting, just evolving.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #857
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holt View Post
No to Lutz,
Joe Mangelliano looks mediteranian, Joe and no-one else! lol
exacto

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 08-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #858
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
no he def has not. I think A2 will get him back in armor, and he will stay in that armor

[=]
Old 08-21-2013, 12:48 PM   #859
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
or an overgrown frat boy; which would fit perfectly within the MCU-Thor's world.

besides Joe Mangelliano (and i'm not against the casting) is no less pretty than Kellan Lutz. and i, personally, think the latter looks like Marvel's version of Hercules.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pu..._Thumbs_Up.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e_Skidmore.jpg
Joe is considered a "rugged" look, not a "pretty boy" look like kellan.

and yeah, in that art, and kellan with the goatee i can see it. But I think he's a terrible actor, and Joe is just a million times better in characterization for the part. I don't think kellan would come off nearly as humerous. And I do think herc should be a little older looking

[=]

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 08-21-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #860
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

In actual casting news, I think Elizabeth Olsen is an awesome choice for SW:

Old 08-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #861
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I could totally see her as Wanda (or janet for that matter)

[=]
Old 08-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #862
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Is it true that Ultron thinks Cap is the most dangerous Avenger because Cap inspires the Avengers??

Old 08-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #863
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Is it true that Ultron thinks Cap is the most dangerous Avenger because Cap inspires the Avengers??
It's true, ya know.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:40 PM   #864
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by cph9fa View Post
(OTOH, the "terrible privilege" line in TA was specifically in reference to Tony's arc reactor, which was removed... )
The removal of the arc reactor seems to bother a lot of people, but it's completely in line with the comics. Tony had that damaged heart to deal with initially after he became Iron Man, to the point where he was continually about two seconds from a heart attack. He was tied to his Iron Man chestplate, rather than the arc reactor, which was always running out of power. Eventually he had a heart transplant and no longer relied on the armor to keep him alive. The removal of the arc reactor just mirrors that.

The most important thing removing the arc reactor did was underline the message of the film: It's the man inside the suit that matters, not the suit (or arc reactor) itself. Tony is Iron Man even without the arc reactor. He still has that terrible burden because it's what's inside him that drives him to put on the suit and face danger. The hero made the suit, not vice versa.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:05 PM   #865
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
The most important thing removing the arc reactor did was underline the message of the film: It's the man inside the suit that matters, not the suit (or arc reactor) itself. Tony is Iron Man even without the arc reactor. He still has that terrible burden because it's what's inside him that drives him to put on the suit and face danger. The hero made the suit, not vice versa.
Exactly, I also think people focus way too much on the technical aspects. It's apparent at this point that these movies are more about the deeper character moments.

Like that's so well-written, thematically, but instead audiences have to go, "WAIT why didnt he just get it out before?? This movie makes NOSENSE"

Old 08-21-2013, 03:55 PM   #866
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Joss on Ultron
Quote:
Created by a scientist in the Marvel comics, Ultron is a self-aware robot who develops a lust for power. He has a laundry list of abilities — super-human strength, speed, stamina, durability, flight, mind control, a coma ray and a genius intellect. For Avengers: Age of Ultron, Whedon reveals to Entertainment Weekly in this week’s cover story that he’s stripping back some of Ultron’s abilities and will find a way to humanize — to some degree — the angry bot.

“I knew right away what I wanted to do with him,” Whedon says. “He’s always trying to destroy the Avengers, goddamn it, he’s got a bee in his bonnet. He’s not a happy guy, which means he’s an interesting guy. He’s got pain. And the way that manifests is not going to be standard robot stuff. So we’ll take away some of those powers because at some point everybody becomes magic, and I already have someone [a new character, Scarlet Witch] who’s a witch.”

Whedon adds that he has to be careful “to ground [the character] while still evoking that guy.” And like a certain giant green Avenger hero, it sounds like large doses of rage will be key to his personality. “As a character I love [Ultron],” Whedon says, “because he’s so pissed off.”
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/08/2...om-the-comics/

Old 08-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #867
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Exactly, I also think people focus way too much on the technical aspects. It's apparent at this point that these movies are more about the deeper character moments.

Like that's so well-written, thematically, but instead audiences have to go, "WAIT why didnt he just get it out before?? This movie makes NOSENSE"
Maybe they should have left more of the Chinese doctor's scenes in the international version of the film. He was a heart surgeon who had developed a technique that allowed for the safe removal of both the arc reactor and the shrapnel near Tony's heart. Prior to that it couldn't have been removed so Tony had to live with it. Just as in the comics Tony had to live with his badly damaged heart until a transplant became possible (and the writers completely wore out the "heart attack every issue" angle).

Old 08-21-2013, 04:07 PM   #868
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:

I have similar thoughts. And it applies to movies or fiction in general for me. Great post.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #869
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
How, when he closed IM3 by saying "I am Iron Man....?"

IM3 wasn't about him getting out of the superhero business, or "phoning it in" by creating a remote control robot drone to do all his work for him. All he did was take the arc reactor out so that he was free to live his life again without this sword of Damocles literally hanging over his heart. He's now free to become the superhero he *wants* to be, and that will most likely involve upgrading the IM armor to the ultimate form: Extremis Armor, which fuses with his body. That will also make him more vulnerable to a hack by Ultron, which, as I keep saying, is probably what the whole point of the AoU teaser at SDCC is all about.
I wish other people shared your ability to use logic. I think you're on point with your predictions.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #870
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
This is what I love about Whedon: He loves and understands these characters the way his fellow geeks do. One of the best things about Ultron is that his hatred for the Avengers is very personal. He despises all of them and is as dedicated to destroying the team as he is to his overall goal of exterminating humanity. That hatred is what drives Ultron's tenacious hold on existence. He's like a murderous bad penny, always scheming to survive to attack another day. It was always a thrill to see Ultron on a cover because you knew it was going to be an awesome battle.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #871
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:

It's the reason that I hate those "Everything wrong with _" and "How it should have ended" Youtube videos so much. Like, yeah, your stuff is really pithy and you get a lot of views. But you actually embody everything that's wrong with internet fandom and modern film criticism.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #872
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
It's the reason that I hate those "Everything wrong with _" and "How it should have ended" Youtube videos so much. Like, yeah, your stuff is really pithy and you get a lot of views. But you actually embody everything that's wrong with internet fandom and modern film criticism.
Dude, yes. I feel the exact same way about those. There's a reason it took all these years for outlets like Cracked to get articles about minor plot holes in Back to the Future and Return of the Jedi, and it isn't because there's now more insight. It's because they were never important in the first place.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #873
Chewy
REDACTED

I had a friend sum it up nicely a while back. When you go to see a movie with friends, the first thing you usually talk about afterward is what you liked about the movie. When people go on the internet, the first thing they usually talk about is what they didn't like about the movie, however insignificant. And it's usually hard for anyone to talk about anything else, because people love being negative on the internet

Old 08-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #874
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
He's now free to become the superhero he *wants* to be, and that will most likely involve upgrading the IM armor to the ultimate form: Extremis Armor, which fuses with his body. That will also make him more vulnerable to a hack by Ultron, which, as I keep saying, is probably what the whole point of the AoU teaser at SDCC is all about.
The whole point of the A:AoU teaser was to show us Iron Man is now vulnerable to an attack by Ultron? Huh?

Don't think so.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #875
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I had a friend sum it up nicely a while back. When you go to see a movie with friends, the first thing you usually talk about afterward is what you liked about the movie. When people go on the internet, the first thing they usually talk about is what they didn't like about the movie, however insignificant. And it's usually hard for anyone to talk about anything else, because people love being negative on the internet

Last edited by Mightyally; 08-21-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Closed Thread