The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #876
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Default Re: The Official Batman Forever Thread - Part 2

That's pretty funny, I remember when Kilmer was cast as a kid how truly upset it got me when my dad told me Michael Keaton wouldn't be Batman any more, if I remember correctly at the age of around 9 I cried.

All it took was me seein the BF trailer (with the Elman score) play winter of 95 around March on a big screen at a Warner Bros store (I'm sure you remember those) to get me geeked out and super excited about the new Batman film. They had already had out shirts with the bat and question mark which I got that moment, that logo was so sleek, mysterious and cool, I can actully remember the feeling of excitement at that moment.

As a kid I loved BF and had absolutely no problem with it aside from them ditching Elfman's theme to me that WAS Batman.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 08-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #877
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Ditching the theme felt kind of right to me... even as a kid.

The Danny Elfman march belongs to Michael Keaton (and a modified version to Conroy). The new theme worked for Kilmer/Clooney.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 08-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #878
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I remember being pretty upset about them losing the Elfman theme initially, but I got used to it.

What's crazy is I remember being 8 years old and my mom reading an article in the paper about how Michael Keaton wasn't coming back and some guy named Val Kilmer was playing Batman. When she told me my reaction was complete disbelief, shock and confusion. It was as if I had been betrayed.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 08-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #879
shauner111
Side-Kick

I actually loved the theme in Batman Forever. I got pissed when Keaton was re-cast but I got used to it. Kilmer was fine, Clooney wasn't.

Old 08-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #880
theShape
Creature of Darkness

As a kid, it's hard to get past the "coolness" factor of any movie to see its flaws. I wasnt even 10 years old when BF came out, so of course, I loved every second and got every toy I could get my hands on. I even liked B&R, although I think I was more into all of the awesome toys that came out with that one. So, in a sense, we could say that Schumacher accomplished exactly what WB wanted him to, which was bring the kids back into theaters for Batman and to push the insane toy line they had going for them.

Upon growing up and being able to truly understand things like character/story devlopment (as well as studio interference/politics), I was faced with the harsh reality that these 2 Schumacher films weren't all that great after all. That realization was definitely a sad moment for me, lol

Old 08-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #881
shauner111
Side-Kick

Id have to agree. Even though I wasn't in love with Batman Forever, I still really liked it. Batman & Robin on the other hand, I was like 10 when that came out and hated everything about it.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #882
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #883
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Bale & Keaton are my favourite live-action Batman I liked Kilmer he was great as Bruce/Batman in my opinion he was underrated. I'm glad he didn't return for B&R I just wished he was given a Burton or a Nolan script he would been great in their universe.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #884
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I forgot that I had the Goldenthal score on my old ipod so I listened to it on one of my breaks at work today, and I forgot how awesome a lot of this score is, some of it's hokey but overall it's a great score for BF perfectly fit the tone.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 08-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #885
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

^

Glad to see there's somebody else who likes Goldenthal's score for BF. I think it's very underrated up here probably b/c of it's association with the movie.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:46 AM   #886
Ponyboy
I'm the real Peterman.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #887
Dave McFly
*wishes he was a spoon*

Wink Re: The Official Batman Forever Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
fixed those for you

PSN ID: davemcfly85
Old 08-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #888
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
haha

Old 08-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #889
zeo5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I forgot that I had the Goldenthal score on my old ipod so I listened to it on one of my breaks at work today, and I forgot how awesome a lot of this score is, some of it's hokey but overall it's a great score for BF perfectly fit the tone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Glad to see there's somebody else who likes Goldenthal's score for BF. I think it's very underrated up here probably b/c of it's association with the movie.
Hey guys, sign me too! BF score is my favorite score of the quadro(BAT)ology (well... favorite with first 1989 movie), and... maybe favorite BAT (from quadrology, not trilogy!) movie. I listened this score (especially extended release from LaLaLand) many-many times, and had learned almost all dialogies from movie. Like it!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #890
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

I was 14 when i saw this in theaters and liked it, i thought it was ok but not quite like the first 2 and i had a few of those McD glasses.

Who thinks "Kiss from a Rose" is an awesome song?

Old 08-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #891
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

I talked about this in another thread, but, tonally, Batman Forever really isn't that significantly different from Batman '89 and Batman Returns; the disturbing freakishness of BR is gone, yes, but the film still retains the gothic/noir visuals and characterizations of B89 and BR, and Kilmer's Bruce/Batman feels like the same character as Keaton's.

Kilmer also remains my second-favorite of the live-action Batmen behind Bale primarily because of his fight scenes, the way he looks in the suit, and the way he plays the scene where he tells Chase about why he became Batman. I also like the chemistry he has with Chris O'Donnell.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Quote:
"There is no "supposed to be." It's an adaptation, a word that literally means change. Why bother making a new version if it doesn't offer a fresh approach?" - Christopher L. Bennett
Old 08-30-2013, 01:30 AM   #892
Cain
Man of Tomorrow

I saw it when I was 12 and left the cinema very disappointed. Understand that I've been watching movies across all ratings since I was 4 years old. So I was a very precocious kid and since I was a loner growing up for most part and used to find solace only in visiting the theaters every week (local cinema was $3.50 AND they didn't card) and renting tapes at the local video store I was a bit of a movie nerd who had been exposed to a lot of classics by then.

I really hated how terribly written and campy the villains were compared to the more serious and competently written heroes. Especially because growing up Two-Face was my favorite Bat villain. It was too jarring and led to the movie having no tone and feeling like 2 different movies trying to function as one. Even saw it a second time with my entire 6th grade class from school as our last school trip before summer vacation and still didn't really like it at all.

However I did love the soundtrack and the score indeed is pretty damn spiffy. But it wasn't till years later that I actually learned to appreciate the movie itself. Now I find myself often defending it's merits especially when people decide to group it with B&R just because it was made by the same people, as if it's that bad of a movie when it isn't.

Pull list: Saga, The Manhattan Projects, Thief of Thieves, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Future's End, Action Comics, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Red Lanterns, Swamp Thing, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Justice League United, Earth 2, Earth 2: World's End, Worlds' Finest, Batman '66, Batgirl, Gotham Academy, Multiversity, X-O Manowar, Unity, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Old 09-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #893
StarLord

I watched BF today and I still love it. Only thing that annoys me is Hammy Lee Jones' Two-Face, but after awhile I just blank him out.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #894
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I like him as Two-Face in the beginning of the film, but he gets worse and worse as the film goes on.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:51 AM   #895
BatSpider
Not an S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
^

Oh cmon, I think the score is LEGENDARY. The subtle trumpet and violin at the beginning of the title theme gets me more riled than any other theme.

Old 09-11-2013, 01:46 AM   #896
TheDarkKnight08
genius

So I'm doing a series of illustrations from all the Batmen from the films, and I just finished this one. I may not like BF as much as Nolan and Burton's, but dammit, if it wasn't for this movie, I wouldn't have gotten into Batman in the first place, so this is humbly dedicated to that.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #897
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Christian Bale wore the prototype Sonar Batsuit from Batman Forever in his screen test for Batman Begins.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14...tfilms?start=8

Old 09-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #898
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

also here a hot pic of Kidman with Killmer back in the day

Old 09-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #899
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Christian Bale wore the prototype Sonar Batsuit from Batman Forever in his screen test for Batman Begins.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14...tfilms?start=8
That's why Nolan made a sonar suit cool variation for Begins?

Old 09-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #900
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I don't care what anybody says... The Panther and Sonar suits from Forever were downright awesome.

Minus the nipples of course, but even then they didn't offend me like they did some others.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Closed Thread