The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 12:27 AM   #401
starscream22
Side-Kick
 
starscream22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,052
Default Re: Why hate FOX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Rothman is gone and Fox is responding to MCU. This why competition is a good thing. And for the record, I prefer XFC to all of the MCU save for perhaps IM1. It is flawed, but at least it has rewatch value. Just my opinion.
See this is a big misconception blaming Rothman for everything when Donner was just as guilty. And still is.

I personally hated the second half of IM3 but more people are excited about that upcoming Blu-ray than The Wolverine which is still in theaters.

As for your opinion about the X-films you're welcome to it. But like 40 other people have said in here already the general audience and comic books fans alike are slowly getting weary of Fox's comic book films with each movie. And that's despite a larger foreign box office.

starscream22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #402
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Why hate FOX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Big deal. Where did I say it applied to everyone? Your own personal anecdote counts for you and you alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I believe a fair share of it's praise derives from it simply being a much better film than X3.
Your words kinda speak for themselves, bro.

Take your own advice.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:19 AM   #403
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 23,513
Default Re: Why hate FOX?

I never said implied it was fact, "bro"

try again.

__________________
"That was the edge Parker had; he knew that survival was more important than heroics. It isn't how you play the game, it's whether you win or lose.
~ Richard Stark, Deadly Edge

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #404
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 20,064
Default Re: Why hate FOX?

I can't really say I hate Fox, per say. I just hate that they wouldn't let Marvel use Galactus/Silver Surfer when they borrowed the Kingpin from Sony. Hypocrits! Plus, I don't get the F4/Xmen connection. That is the weirdest crossover and it makes no sense. I kind of like Fox having the X-universe because honestly, it would not fit in the MCU so I'm cool with them having it because if Marvel got it, I doubt we'd see it any time soon. But they need to let F4 go back to Marvel. The reboot they are making will bomb. It didn't do to well when it was with them the first time, I doubt it does good this time around, even if Spielberg directed it.

__________________
#JohnCenaSucks!!!
Docker2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #405
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.
 
CyclopsWasRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,949
Default Re: Why hate FOX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
What I see is that you are looking forward to FOX's limited budget version of an FF reboot, with a severly limited scope and on-screen action that falls well short of every other superhero film being made over the next few years. I am not
1. Please link me to the report of the budget, the report of the scop of the story and the amount of action, since you know so much about it's pre-production.

2. Big budget and scope does not equal better, it depends on the story.

__________________
BEST MARVEL MOVIES

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine X-Men Days of Future Past Guardians of the Galaxy
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:20 AM   #406
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User
 
Nell2ThaIzzay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 16,635
Default Re: Why hate FOX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream22 View Post
See this is a big misconception blaming Rothman for everything when Donner was just as guilty. And still is.

I personally hated the second half of IM3 but more people are excited about that upcoming Blu-ray than The Wolverine which is still in theaters.

As for your opinion about the X-films you're welcome to it. But like 40 other people have said in here already the general audience and comic books fans alike are slowly getting weary of Fox's comic book films with each movie. And that's despite a larger foreign box office.
I can kinda agree. My feelings are mixed for Donner. Some things about her, I really like having her around for the X-Men series, and other things I want her as far away as possible.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:39 AM   #407
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 20,641
Default Re: Why hate FOX?

Donner is a great producer for these X-Men films, IMO.

And I believe she was the one who suggested to FOX to bring back Bryan Singer to the film franchise in 2010 or 2009.

And she was the one who really wanted to adapt Days of Future Past into film. And along with Hugh Jackman, she wanted to do a movie adaptation of Japan Wolverine story arc which turned out to be good.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | SHADOWCAT | PORTRAYED BY ELLEN PAGE
"Who's hiding? ********" - X3
"Too late, ********" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 04:24 AM   #408
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Zarex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,184
Default Re: Why hate FOX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
1. Please link me to the report of the budget, the report of the scop of the story and the amount of action, since you know so much about it's pre-production.

2. Big budget and scope does not equal better, it depends on the story.
1) The poster I responded to speculated that the budget would have to be reduced back to the level of the first Tim Story film in order for the reboot to make economic sense. It doesn't appear as though FOX has settled on the budget, the scope of the story or the amount of action.

2) A limited budget and scope for the reboot increases the risk of franchise failure.

Zarex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 05:01 AM   #409
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 172
Default Re: Why hate FOX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
I can't really say I hate Fox, per say. I just hate that they wouldn't let Marvel use Galactus/Silver Surfer when they borrowed the Kingpin from Sony. Hypocrits! Plus, I don't get the F4/Xmen connection. That is the weirdest crossover and it makes no sense. I kind of like Fox having the X-universe because honestly, it would not fit in the MCU so I'm cool with them having it because if Marvel got it, I doubt we'd see it any time soon. But they need to let F4 go back to Marvel. The reboot they are making will bomb. It didn't do to well when it was with them the first time, I doubt it does good this time around, even if Spielberg directed it.
I don't really care which studio gets F4, I just want Fox's dirty paws off Doom!

Wine-N-Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #410
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.
 
CyclopsWasRight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 6,949
Default Re: Why hate FOX?

Doom is a fantastic Four villain. They go hand in hand.

__________________
BEST MARVEL MOVIES

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine X-Men Days of Future Past Guardians of the Galaxy
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #411
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 6,640
Default Re: Why hate FOX?

Doom is much more.

__________________
It wasn't Marvel Studios that made me a Marvel Zombie, it was every other movie studio failing at making superhero movies as good as them!
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #412
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!
 
Docker2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Neva Neva land
Posts: 20,064
Default Re: Why hate FOX?

Agreed. Doom could have his own trilogy. He's that complex.

Docker2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.