The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #701
georgec
Not a hero

Default Re: Hugh Jackman IS The Wolverine Thread

Jackman always seems like a genuinely good dude. Haven't ever seen anything negative about him.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #702
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
I remember when he was filming Les Mis, a bunch of the "barricade boys" (god, I miss them!) tweeted photos of the tickets. I wonder if anyone has ever won anything big...
I think on the Origins blu-ray they mentioned in one of those on-screen trivia pop ups that someone won a hundred bucks or something.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #703
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Jackman always seems like a genuinely good dude. Haven't ever seen anything negative about him.
He was awesome at the fan screening in NYC a few weeks ago. I heard he was there for about two hours meeting fans that night. He even signed a guy's Wolverine tattoo. The guy said he was going to have the autograph inked afterwards. When we were going in to see the movie, this little boy was all excited because he got a high-five from Hugh.

Obviously, I had a good time that night too.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Still not over it...

Old 08-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #704
Double B
Side-Kick

Gloat.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #705
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Gloat.

Yep.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #706
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Hugh Jackman is the paragon of a celeb that's good with the public. I've never heard anything negative about him either. He's always been gracious with his fans. I've never even heard of any issues between him and the paparazzi.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #707
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Jackman is all clean shaven now

Old 08-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #708
narrows101
Side-Kick

He's been clean-shaven for about a week and has been in Japan the last two days for the premiere of The Wolverine which opens on Sept. 13. Lots of photos/reports on the web.

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 08-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #709
Rockteur
X-Men Fanatic

I read an interview of a personal trainer (for Hollywood stars) who alluded to not working with someone (clearly this someone was Hugh Jackman) because Hugh was taking steroids and HGH to get into shape for The Wolverine.

I have ZERO issue with Hugh taking HGH and steroids for the role. He's 44, and looks great. Good for him.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #710
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

You should try reading the article again. The trainer in question is referring to something that happened in 2005.

The only thing that might be a reference to Hugh was the same trainer pointing out an unnamed 40-something actor in a recent studio film's look isn't possible without steroids. Which is an assumption by this trainer.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:58 PM   #711
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Here's the article: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-a-list-609091

And the quote:

Quote:
In 2005, a 30-something actor on the precipice of superstardom began prepping for a lead feature role that required ample spotlight on his abs. The actor met with the film's trainer and outlined the performance-enhancing drugs, including human growth hormone (HGH), he already had been taking. The trainer, a firm believer that a chiseled physique should be achieved naturally, recused himself from working with the actor.

"He told me that HGH made him feel like nothing else ever made him feel," recalls the trainer, who declined to be identified out of respect for trainer/trainee confidentiality. "He was basically addicted. I told him to find another trainer. He did."
The Wolverine was filmed last year. X3 was filmed in 2005...where I think he went shirtless once, which is when he was getting his skin blasted off by Jean. Not much of an "ample spotlight". And he already got bulked up for the previous two movies, so he wasn't new to training in 2005.

This is the part that sounds like it might be a reference to Hugh, although it's assumption on the trainer's part:

Quote:
As Hollywood struggles to groom a new generation of box-office draws, the 40-plus male star remains at the top of studio wish lists and is expected to doff his shirt like he did a decade or two ago. In fact, the shirtless shot has become de rigueur for tentpole campaigns. The trouble is that six-pack abs are difficult to maintain after the age of 40, "unless you are extremely genetically gifted," notes Hill, who points to the well-showcased frame of one 40-something leading man in a recent studio film as not plausible without a cycle or two of steroids.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #712
Rockteur
X-Men Fanatic

This ^

Old 08-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #713
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
You should try reading the article again. The trainer in question is referring to something that happened in 2005.

The only thing that might be a reference to Hugh was the same trainer pointing out an unnamed 40-something actor in a recent studio film's look isn't possible without steroids. Which is an assumption by this trainer.
I would very surprised if Hugh - or any other actor required to transform for a film role - did not take steroids and HGH. What they need to achieve just isn't possible in the time they need to do it in. God knows I've tried!

Everyone I know who has an exceptionally muscular body takes steroids. Many of them admit it and even talk it about on their Facebook pages.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #714
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I would very surprised if Hugh - or any other actor required to transform for a film role - did not take steroids and HGH. What they need to achieve just isn't possible in the time they need to do it in. God knows I've tried!

Everyone I know who has an exceptionally muscular body takes steroids. Many of them admit it and even talk it about on their Facebook pages.
I wouldn't be surprised either, but the reference made about the article wasn't even remotely in the neighborhood of correct.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #715
Loganbabe
Don't want your future

This is really adorable; Hugh tweeted:

James McAvoy shared this incredible song with me. Love it! Hope you do too. http://bit.ly/15fsbkp

They are both dads who love their little families, so I can see James and Hugh sharing not only songs but cute stories about their kids.

Also it's interesting, and poignant, to see the differences between them - Hugh's father means everything to him, James is estranged from his father who he hasn't seen since he was seven. Guess it made him even more determined to be a great dad.

James McAvoy & Patrick Stewart
Old 08-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #716
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I saw that the other night! That song is adorable.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:27 AM   #717
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Hugh is clean.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:12 PM   #718
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I just watched Les Miserables on HBO. It was my seventh time seeing it, and I'm so glad that the end of that movie still leaves me a useless heap of ugly-cry even after my whole onstage Hugh encounter from last month.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #719
narrows101
Side-Kick

Video - During promotion at the Toronto Film Festival for Prisoners (which opens Sept. 20 and is getting rave reviews), Hugh talks about playing Wolverine again and the last scene he shot.

Quote:
Are Hugh Jackman's Wolverine Days Over? We Asked!

'X-Men: Days of Future Past' talks to MTV News about returning to his signature role in the 'cataclysmic' film.

If Hugh Jackman's tenure as Wolverine is coming to a close, then the actor is making sure he goes out with a bang. Next summer, Jackman will follow up 2013's "The Wolverine" with "X-Men: Days of Future Past" — a film that reunites the star with director Bryan Singer and the rest of the original X-Cast, including Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Halle Berry and Anna Paquin.

The film marks Jackman's fifth outing as the hirsute hero — sixth if you count his memorable three-word cameo in 2011's "X-Men: First Class" — and the fact that this new film could be Wolverine's swansong was not lost on the actor.

"It may be the last," Jackman told MTV News' Josh Horowitz while promoting "Prisoners" at the Toronto International Film Festival. "By the way, it didn't hit me until three weeks before the end [of shooting 'X-Men: Days of Future Past], because we promoted 'The Wolverine' and I came back on set with three weeks to go, and that's when I went, 'Well, who knows? Maybe there's no more Wolverine. Maybe this is it. Who knows? Maybe.' So I really made the most of those last few weeks. I enjoyed every time I put the claws on."

This film also marks the quickest turnaround Jackman has made between X-films. With "The Wolverine" and "X-Men: Days of Future Past" coming right on top of each other, Jackman promised that the events of 2013's solo film will have ramifications for the next big X-Men epic.

"Definitely. Even more, I think, than in 'X-Men 3,' where he was reluctantly becoming a member of the team, now he's owning the warrior in him. Now he's owning that Wolverine nature and everything, again, is so cataclysmic in the beginning of that movie that it's all hands on deck. He's certainly right in the middle of it."

If this film does turn out to be the last go-round for Logan, Jackman made sure he has plenty of memorabilia to remember the last thirteen years. "I nicked everything off the set," Jackman said. "So Halloween, come to me and I'll hook you up."

As honest as Jackman was about hanging up the claws and shaving his muttonchops, there was one thing he had to remain mum about: the final scene he shot for "Days of Future Past." "If I tell you it is giving away literally the key scene," Jackman said. "Literally, I would be killed. I cannot say one part of that scene."

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" opens on May 23, 2014.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/171...ast-film.jhtml

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 09-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #720
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Its interesting how jackman talks about not being sure if this is the last we see of wolverine, I wonder if he is killed off

Old 09-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #721
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Literally, I would be killed.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #722
Snikt
Side-Kick

I doubt he dies. There's no way both versions of Wolvie die off . But I wouldn't be shocked if future Wolvie dies

Old 09-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #723
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm sure if he'll be back for another X-Men movie after DOFP.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 09-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #724
Superhero 101
DESI

hopefully a wolverine film set in russia

Old 09-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #725
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!