Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #626
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: Heart of Ice

My second fave episode and this deserved that emmy for a good reason. I remembered when me and my brother watched this, we felt sorry for Mr. freeze and i liked it how this changed a campy cheesy character like him into a tragic figure. Paul Dini is a genius when it comes to writing.

Quote:
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: Feat of Clay, Part 1

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/482...nimated-series
Quote:
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: Feat of Clay, Part 2

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/484...nimated-series

I consider this 2 parter to be one episode as it's my 3rd fave episode ever! TMS did amazing animation here like they did with Little Nemo Adventures in Slumberland, Akira, some Tiny Toons/Animaniacs/Freakazoid/Superman TAS/Gummi Bears/Ducktales/Inspector Gadget episodes and more even on the t-1000 esque transformations.

I knew Ron Perlman from the 80s Beauty and The Beast show and Sleepwalkers but i didn't knew it was his voice until i saw the credits, he was absolute perfection as Matt Hagan/Clayface. Ed Begley Jr. was great as Germs and Ed Asner was terrific as Dagget.

Did anyone else here thought Matt when disfigured looked just like Roland Reagan? i always thought so and my brother and dad laughed when i told them.

Quote:
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: Itís Never Too Late

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/486...nimated-series
My mom's fave episode! she liked how this didn't need a major villain but real life criminals like mobsters and all and was a dramatic episode. I agreed with her but it's not one of my faves.

Who else thought John Vernon was excellent as the voice of Rupert Thorne? i knew his voice from Animal House, Ernest Goes to camp, Iron Man toons (I use to rent those tapes), Killer Klowns from Outer Space and more. He was also a voice in Heavy Metal and one of my fave actors.

Quote:
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: Be a Clown

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/497...ries-more-btas
This was a fair episode but not one of my favorites but i do admit the climax at the theme park was intense as hell as i was on the edge of my seat with that episode and the ending was a feel good one.

Quote:
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: Appointment in Crime Alley

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/499...n-the-animated
My 12th favorite episode! even my mom, dad and big brother dug this episode as it was quite a dramatic one.

Did anyone noticed Nitro's voice is the same as Smartass the Weasel from Who Framed Roger Rabbit? i did as i saw that in theaters as a kid many times and knew his voice right away.

Quote:
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: P.O.V

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/501...more-btas-gifs

My brother loves this episode as does my dad but not one of my faves. But i do admit it has a nice background story on how Bullock and Montoya met our hero. I also liked it that Ron Perlman was a guest voice.

Quote:
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: The Clock King

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/501...ed-series-more

Batman daytime.
Awesome episode, my 8th fave one so far! i liked the return of a classic villain as previously seen in the 60's show and became a more interesting villain here. Great animation too and did anyone think Clock King looked like Christopher Lloyd? i always thought so.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #627
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: Joker's Favor
Awesome episode! my 4th fave episode, this introduced us to the ever hot Harley quinn, she definitely looked bonervision wearing that police officer uniform and i remembered me and my brother were drooling at her.

Did anyone else thought Charlie Collins looked like actor Roy Brocksmith?

Notice the resemblance between Charlie and him? Roy was in Total Recall, Tango and cash, 3 Tales from The Crypt episodes, Archonophobia, Hudsucker Proxy and so much more. I always thought of that.

The music in this episode is so goddamned memorable even with the ragtime feel to it.

Quote:
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: Nothing to Fear
Nice episode but not one of my faves! Scarecrow is definitely an awesome villain.

Quote:
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: The Last Laugh
Great fun episode! my 10th favorite episode.

Who thinks Captain Clown stole the show? i do and Joker's line is memorable as it's his best quote ever, "You killed Captain Clown You KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN".

The music in this episode is quite memorable too as i gotta say this score had memorable scores.

Quote:
BTAS Episode: Eternal Youth

This was a nice episode but not one of my favorites! did any guys here thought Ivy looked her hottest especially in New Adventures? she had the looks of Jessica Rabbit and just as gorgeous too. Me and my brother smiled at her when we saw her as we thought she was gorgeous.

Did this episode reminded anyone of the movie Troll 2? same thing about a tourist trap where bad people trap them and feed them green stuff to turn them into plants.

Quote:
BTAS Episode: Fear of Victory

My 12th fave episode, TMS did great aniamtion here! and who else thought that Scarecrow looked different than his last mask? he looked more scarier here than goofy.

Quote:
BTAS Episode: Iíve Got Batman in My Basement

I personally thought it was an ok episode but having that as Penguin's intro to the series? ...man lol
My least fave episode but it did introduced us to Penguin.

This episode is Home Alone with Batman.

Did anyone else when they saw this episode thought Penguin looks like Danny Devito? afterall WB forced Timm to make Selina and Penguin look like the movie versions for the first 3 seasons.

And did anyone think Paul Williams nailed it as the role?

[QUOTE=Kane52630;25909109]BTAS Episode: Vendetta

/QUOTE]

My 13th favorite episode! this introduced the cool Killer Croc, i thought this episode was very well made/animated.

[QUOTE=Kane52630;25942321]BTAS Episode: Prophecy of Doom

This was an OK episode but having a psychic phony? must be an episode that is a take on scientology, lol.

[QUOTE=Kane52630;25943839]BTAS Episode: The Forgotten

My 9th favorite episode! i really loved it as it was a fresh episode about Bruce Wayne and what would it be like if he lost his memory for a day and get it back. The music score was fantastic as it had a bluesy western feel to it.

Anyone else thought Boss Biggus looks like b-movie actor Pat Ryan Jr. from The Toxic Avenger, Street Trash and Class of Nuke'Em high

Notice the resemblance? same greedy fatso villain like in those movies.

[QUOTE=Kane52630;25955183]BTAS Episode: Mad as a Hatter

My 22 favorite episode of the series and introduced us to the kooky Mad Hatter.

I did noticed Roddy Mcdowell's voice as Jarvis and Mad Hatter and who thinks he was perfection in the role? i do! he's one of my fave actors since i saw Fright Night in theaters when i was 4 and i knew it was Peter Vincent.

Alison was cute here don't you all think? i mean she looks like Freakazoid's girlfriend.

I knew it was blood when he was squeezing the roles and he got cut as i was surprised they showed some blood.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #628
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

BTAS Episode: Robinís Reckoning, Part 1

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/590...n-the-animated

Trivia
Quote:
  • This episode is based on the comics story from Detective Comics #38 (April 1940). The opening scene on the construction building may be a reference to Robin's face-off with Zucco at the end of that original story.
  • Part I earned the series an Emmy award for Outstanding Animated Program (For Programming Less Than One Hour).
  • Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale have stated that this episode inspired a great part of their later successful comic Batman: Dark Victory.
  • The Grayson parents' deaths, according to producers, was originally far more graphic than what was shown in the episode. They would be shown swinging on the ropes, which would break, and they would fall to the ground as Dick watched from above, traumatized by what he had witnessed. Due to thoughts of scaring children, the scene was changed to show them leaping out of the frame, Dick staring in shock with horrified eyes, the frayed rope swinging back, and the audience gasping as the music came to a climax. In the DVD commentary, Bruce Timm thanked the network censors for giving them a list of what, at the time, he felt were ridiculously restrictive rules for that scene; in retrospect, he felt that it forced them to create a far more effective scene.
  • In a flashback, Jim Gordon appears as a detective with red hair, a reference to Gordon's appearance in Batman: Year One. Harvey Bullock also makes a minor cameo as a police officer.
  • At the beginning of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm there's a scene similar to when Tony Zucco drives his car at Batman, stating, "Now I got you, you lousy stinkin'ó"and Batman leaps onto the car. Also, Bullock makes another cameo as a police officer in the flashback of Bruce's first attempt at crime-fighting.
  • Strangely, after the episode aired, a minor controversy about the scene where Batman (undercover) gambles with a bunch of hoods for information on Tony Zucco came up. Timm states that he and Paul Dini are still confused as to why censors were upset at the scene.
  • Bruce Timm often said that the scene where Dick says goodbye to his circus friends before leaving for Wayne Manor has made him cry several times.
  • Dick's design while in his circus costume is similar to that of the Golden-Age circus performer Dick Grayson and Astro Boy, particularly his white-pupiled eyes.
  • Originally, the second part of the story arc would include a flashback towards the end, involving Bruce make young Dick swear a candlelit oath to uphold the law if he would join him. There would also be a scene in which he appears in full Robin costume for the first time, but Timm and Paul Dini cut this for time constraints. Dini has often admitted that he wished they would have used more of "Young Robin" flashbacks to show his beginnings and growth into the teenage Robin of today.
  • Tony Zucco's voice is reminiscent of John Travolta's, quite possibly as a reference to the similarity in names between Zucco and Travolta's character in Grease, Danny Zuco.
  • According to the book Batman Animated, Batman's costume in the flashback sequence was a cross between the original Bob Kane design and the Batman: Year One design.
  • Near the end of Part II when Robin skids on his bike, the combination of the pose and the electricity coming off the motorcycle is very much reminiscent of a scene from Akira.
  • One of Zucco's thugs seen when they hear Batman on the roof resembles Carlos from "Two-Face".
  • The carousel music is the same tune used at the carnival in " Baby-Doll" and played by the Joker's balloon in the Superman: The Animated Series episode "World's Finest".

Old 08-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #629
Dave McFly
Ron is on to you

that was one of the best episodes of the series IMHO

PSN ID: davemcfly85
Old 08-23-2013, 03:27 AM   #630
Hordakfan
Side-Kick

You make kickass gifs Kane.

Quote:
BTAS Episode: Robin’s Reckoning, Part 1

Great episode, i felt sorry for Robin as i remembered how me with my big brother and dad thought it was sad when young Robin lost his family. TMS did great on the animation in this 2 parter and who liked that Akira nod? i didn't see Akira until i was 13 in 95 as i could see how that movie influenced everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindog421 View Post
Eh, just watched The Forgotten last night. Kind of crazy almost the whole last page of this thread has a bit about it. I love the revolting, spitting, slime ball. Also, Alfred in the Batwing is great. Is that what it is called in this?? I'm making my way through the series after not seeing since original play on tv. I probably like this show more now at 34 than I did then.
Did you like that I claim this land for Spain part? that made me laugh.

Quote:
BTAS Episode: The Cape and Cowl Conspiracy

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/516...n-the-animated
One of my dad's fave episodes and he liked it as i did but not one of my faves.

Quote:
This was a perfect episode. (and I'm probably gonna make at least two more rounds of it.)

BTAS Episode: Perchance to Dream

AWESOME episode! one of my personal favorite episodes, i mean this episode kept the audience guessing and Selina was good looking in those 50's kind of clothes. I mean who knew that Mad Hatter was the baddie the whole time that was trying to screw with Bruce's mind.

Anyone else thinks Nolan got ideas for Inception from this episode? i think so as Nolan is a Batman fan and i bet he watched this episode and was inspired.

That line "I'll see you in your nightmares" was an epic line and the kind of line that Rambo or Schwartzenger would say.

Quote:
BTAS Episode: The Underdwellers
Weak episode as was the villain as Sewer King was kind of a Ninja Turtles villain than a Batman one, who agrees? and he looked like Howard Stern as a pirate.

Quote:
BTAS Episode: Night of the Ninja

Great episode! shows us Batman's ninja history and how he got his martial arts skills. One of my brother's favorite episodes.

Quote:
Going to make a few more of from this episode

BTAS Episode: The Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne

Great episode, one of my favorites! i liked how this introduced Hugo Strange and did anyone think he looked like that Doctor from that Bugs Bunny hospital cartoon? i do! i thought of it when i saw him.

Anyone loved it that Penguin, Joker and Two-Face interacted with each other? and did anyone thought it was funny when Two-Face said "Get out of my face clown?" then Joker says "Which one?" that made me and my brother laughed.

That line about being King of England was funny, i never knew Two-Face has a sense of humor. I also liked that "I'm gonna use your head for a bowling ball line" and where in the hell did Joker get that popcorn?

Judge Vargas looked like one of my first grade teachers so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
I really love Poison Ivy's design though, they made her look a lot sexier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I prefer the original. The original looked like Catwoman. The TNBA one was more like Catgirl. She was so much smaller than Bats.
Well ThePhantasm and Outriddled i think Ivy and Catwoman are hot in both animated incarnations, TNBA Catwoman costume owes more to Michelle Pfeifer's costume from Batman Returns don't you think? and Selina looks hot as a brunette as well, her brunette version looks just like Natassia Kinski from the 1982 Cat People remake, anyone else agrees? only her rack is bigger than Natassia's, LOL.

Ivy and Catwoman are both sexy no matter how they look ok? yet TNBA's Catwoman face is pasty when she puts on the costume and anyone thinks she looks like a Burton sketch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5timechamp View Post
Two-Face is great.... though I did enjoy how Joker dismissed him in Death of the Family while lifting Riddler during the same time period.
Oh yes and who else noticed that Bull Shannon from Night Court was his voice? i didn't knew that until i saw the credits after the show and i thought he was perfection for the part, even his voice sounded like his Big Ben character from the 1986 cult horror comedy House (Remember that movie? he played the zombie soldier). I am an 80s kid and Richard moll is one of my favorite actors ever, i grew up with Night Court as it's one of my favorite shows as i was glad Moll got the part.

He was also in Sword and The Sorcerer, Night Train to Terror, The Flintstones and other stuff, and is he another one of anyone's favorite actors?

Quote:
BTAS Episode: Tyger, Tyger

Cool episode, one of my favorite episodes! This is like a cross between Island of Dr. Moreau, Freaked (Remember that 1993 comedy movie about the Randy Quaid mad scientist who mutates people into freaks? and it had Mr. T, Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter and Brooke Shields?), the Tiny Toons episode "Hare Raising Night" and Osamu Tezuka's Bagi The Monster of Mighty Nature (Watch this unique animated movie on youtube if your an animation fan).

Anyone thinks Dr. Dorian looks like David Cronenberg (the filmmaker who did Scanners, The Fly, History of Violence, Videodrome)? I thought so when i saw this episode as i did collected Fangoria magazines and loved Nightbreed. Tygrus was really cool and did anyone noticed the ape-man's name was Garth? i guess there's a Wayne's World reference since there is also a Wayne.

And did any guys here thought Selina in mutant cat-chick form was hot? i did, i remembered 20 years ago on my 12th birthday when this aired on a rerun (I missed out on it due to having a doctor appointment) and watched it with my friends and big brother. And when she crept out of the shadows in the exhibit like in that gif above to reveal her new look, i said "What the hell!" then after commercial break when she did that seductive pose in the enclosure exhibit of licking her arm i said "MY GOD! she's hot!" as i howled, wolf whistled and my jaw was dropped during the entire episode as i was staring at her and fantasizing about her, my friends and brother said i was crazy and they teased me. oh this episode brings back memories. I mean Catwoman is hot in any incarnation in movies/games/TV shows/comics especially in this episode and you have to admit mutant Selina is on par with other 80s/90s cartoon feline babes like Cleo on Heathcliff, Felicia from Darkstalkers, Cheetara and Pumraya on Thundercats, Jenny on Bucky O'Hare, Callie from Swat Kats, Kit mambo from Animalympics, M'ress from Star Trek TAS, Aishia Clan clan from Outlaw Star, Mirage from Aladdin etc.

Last edited by Hordakfan; 08-23-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:40 AM   #631
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Huge fan of Dick (GRAYSON), so "Robin's Reckoning" is definitely a favorite.

Quote:
I love the shuriken thing he uses here.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:11 AM   #632
Dave McFly
Ron is on to you

that was all kinds of bad ass for sure, loved the version of Batman's theme when he appears and walks into the room very epic.

PSN ID: davemcfly85
Old 08-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #633
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

^ Yeah that was an awesome moment and the music during it was perfect, imo. It was a great way to bring Batman back in the story after being absent (and believed to be killed) for the majority of the ep. That organ playing Walker's Batman theme gave it a gothic and haunting feel. Making Batman seem immortal and supernatural to Thorne and Sid.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #634
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

I loved the flashback suit for Batman. Weren't the ears turned around?

Old 08-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #635
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/594...n-the-animated

Last edited by Kane52630; 08-27-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #636
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/595...n-the-animated

Old 08-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #637
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/596...art-1-x-batman

Old 08-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #638
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

Quote:
Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: Nothing to Fear

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/495...ed-series-more

That design looks like a ragdoll
The TNBA Scarecrow is the best design the character ever had

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?

Last edited by Spider-Aziz; 08-31-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #639
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/599...n-the-animated

Old 09-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #640
anrrd_2
YA POOZERS!

"Over The Edge" is my favorite episode to this day.... everything about it pure classic.

if anyone has gifs of that episode they would be appreciated

Last edited by anrrd_2; 09-01-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #641
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

BTAS Episode: Birds of a Feather

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/599...nimated-series

Trivia
Quote:
  • This episode marks the first appearance of Veronica Vreeland.
  • This episode also marks the only time in the original series that Penguin changes tuxedos.
  • The Museum Robbery was adapted into the stage "Fowl Play" in the game The Adventures of Batman and Robin for SNES.
  • Penguin's quote: "'Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" comes from Alfred Lord Tennyson's "In Memoriam".
  • The opera that Penguin and Veronica go to see, I Pagliacci, holds similar themes to this episode.
  • This is the first time one of Batman's enemies seriously tries to go straight. It also shows that the Penguin was willing to reform and would not have returned to crime had Veronica and Pierce left him alone.
  • The duck boat that Pierce lands in is a nod to the Tim Burton movie Batman Returns.
  • The streets Pierce is sent to are named after comic artists Steve Englehart and Mike W. Barr.
  • The plot of this episode shares some similarities with the French play Le DÓner de Cons, in which socialites invite an "idiot" to a high society party for the sole purpose of mocking him. However, the play originally premiered on September 19, 1993, seven months after this episode.
  • Bruce's line "Maybe the rumors of your reform were not exaggerated" is a paraphrase of Mark Twain's famous (mis)quote "The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated". The actual line was "The report of my death was an exaggeration".
  • When Pierce walks backwards out of the phone booth, the setting around him is different from what it was in previous shots.
  • In the end credits, Penguin is erroneously labeled as "Penquin."
  • When Penguin is seen in jail, the newspaper clipping on the wall reads, "Caged Again", with the word "Again" right beside "Caged". However, in the next shot, the word "Again" is printed underneath the word "Caged".

Old 09-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #642
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/599...nimated-series

Old 09-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #643
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

That trivia misses:
Penguin tells Pierce: "Go left"
Pierce goes right

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Old 09-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #644
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/603...nimated-series

Old 09-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #645
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

BTAS Episode: Robin's Reckoning, Part 2

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/604...n-the-animated

Old 09-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #646
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/604...n-the-animated

Old 09-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #647
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

I enjoyed "Birds of a Feather". I always felt sorry for Oswald in this ep. b/c he was serious about reforming and trying to fit in with society or "high society" anyway. Walker's operatic score was superb as well.

Robins Reckoning parts 1 and 2 were both excellent and very mature eps. The animation in this ep. was top notch as well. Timm and co. did a sublime job introducing Robin's origins. This ep. had a ton of great/memorable moments starting with the opening action sequence at the construction site. I also dig the Matches Malone and Stromwell cameos as well as that retro Batman costume during some of the flashbacks. I wouldn't had mind seeing a spinoff series of Batman in his early years with that costume. The best moments of the ep. are probably seeing the growing bond between young Bruce and Dick. I also liked the twist (no pun intended) during the climax as Batman takes on Zucco and his gang with a twisted knee at an abandoned carnival. Overall very well made and emotional episode. I always begin to choke up during that conversation with Batman and Robin at the end of part 2. And eventhough I believe Robin/ Dick was utilized well on the show before this ep. "Robin's Reckoning" really added more dimension to Robin on the show, imho. As well as to Batman/Bruce and Robin/Dick's relationship.

Oh and I love how most of both eps. Zucco was scared of Batman, but by the end is then scared of Robin. Clever casting Biff from BTTF as Zucco's voice.

Last edited by Elevator Man; 09-07-2013 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #648
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/605...n-the-animated

Old 09-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #649
milost
Banned User

I always liked Batman's first appearance suit. I wish we saw more of it. We get a really great shot of it in the Mask of the Phantasm comic adaptation and even a full character model sheet in the Batman Animated book.

Old 09-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #650
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

It's pretty nice, also kinda odd in a cool way he would use the yellow emblem in his later years. Instead of vice versa.

Closed Thread