The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #601
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

Thanks Moonwing

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 08-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #602
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - -

So after the Superman/Batman news all I can think is that I am so happy I still have TDW coming in November.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #603
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
So after the Superman/Batman news all I can think is that I am so happy I still have TDW coming in November.
i know its the Thor thread, but what did you think about casting Affleck for batman?
also what was the initial reaction to chris hemsworth being thor? i dont seem to remember much of it

Old 08-22-2013, 11:47 PM   #604
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

It was something like, "They've totally gotta cast Alexander Skarsgard, he's so perfect for Thor, they're definitely gonna cast him... Wait, who's Chris Hemsworth?" *furious Googling* "OMG HE'S EVEN PERFECTER!"

In short: not a lot of outrage or anything, even though nobody really knew who he was and a lot of fans were all about Alex Skarsgard.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:11 AM   #605
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
i know its the Thor thread, but what did you think about casting Affleck for batman?
also what was the initial reaction to chris hemsworth being thor? i dont seem to remember much of it
Yeah, what Corp said. As for Affleck, I just shock my head, and lost all hope I had for DC.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:42 AM   #606
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

I don't see Affleck as being necessarily bad for Batman. He's really grown as an actor lately so if the script is good, I don't see him as a bad cast.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:49 AM   #607
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
I no happy. The more I hear, the worse it gets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
It was something like, "They've totally gotta cast Alexander Skarsgard, he's so perfect for Thor, they're definitely gonna cast him... Wait, who's Chris Hemsworth?" *furious Googling* "OMG HE'S EVEN PERFECTER!"

In short: not a lot of outrage or anything, even though nobody really knew who he was and a lot of fans were all about Alex Skarsgard.
I was big on Skarsgard as I had no idea about Hemsworth. Now I can't imagine anyone else.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:08 AM   #608
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

A whole bunch of new Thor: TDW stills from Empire Online.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38536

Old 08-23-2013, 04:13 AM   #609
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:

I was more in the anyone but Triple H camp

Old 08-23-2013, 04:15 AM   #610
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Malekith looking badass and then worse for wear:

Old 08-23-2013, 04:20 AM   #611
xeno000
Raining hell from above

The Asgard shots are beautiful. The scenes look like Maxfield Parrish paintings. If Disneyland looked like that, I'd be there tomorrow.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:22 AM   #612
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Old 08-23-2013, 04:39 AM   #613
Caboose
Side-Kick

Looks like they tweaked Malekith's appearance a bit since the first trailer, like Taylor said. The white of his eyes looks black now.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:10 AM   #614
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
it was like 'who? george kirk? perfect!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Yeah, what Corp said. As for Affleck, I just shock my head, and lost all hope I had for DC.
same here. disturbing news, but I feared WB would pull a stunt like that since they never fail to disappoint me

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

I'd have preferred a more glam rocky interpretation of Malekith but this looks really great!

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-23-2013, 05:19 AM   #615
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
Looks like they tweaked Malekith's appearance a bit since the first trailer, like Taylor said. The white of his eyes looks black now.

also, half of his face looked scarred.. i wonder at what point his face suffers this, and whether it is related to some sacrifice as well

Old 08-23-2013, 05:22 AM   #616
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

does anyone who has read the comics know how malekith has a darker and lighter parts to his face.. has that always been the case from the beginning?

Old 08-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #617
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I like what they did with Malekith's eyes

Old 08-23-2013, 05:32 AM   #618
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

So pretty.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:38 AM   #619
xeno000
Raining hell from above

The article accompanying those photo on Empire has some good quotes from Taylor and one of the producers. It's a bit spoilery, though, so I've tagged it:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
"You know, we are killing Asgardians in this movie," says director Alan Taylor inside. "It turns out immortality isn't all that it was cracked up to be."

Explains producer Craig Kyle, "Asgard at the beginning of the first film was at a time of peace. Now our guys have been fighting for over a year, constantly. It's a time of war.

"When the Bifrost was broken at the end of the first film, Odin had to conjure a lot of dark energy and go through a lot of personal sacrifice to try and get his son back to Earth. And it was a one-shot deal. If Thor didn't succeed, without the Tesseract he couldn't have got back again. And in our film, finally the Bifrost has been rebuilt, but during that time, when the cops were largely cut off from the rest of the universe, you had miscreants that came in from outside the Nine Realms, pillaging and destroying and causing havoc. So that's what our guys have been doing now - trying to put all these fires out across the Nine Realms."

Old 08-23-2013, 05:40 AM   #620
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

It would have been nice if they emphasized Thor needing the cosmic cube in Avengers.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:16 AM   #621
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
It would have been nice if they emphasized Thor needing the cosmic cube in Avengers.
I think the only time that they mentioned that was during his conversation with Loki on top of the mountain.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:17 AM   #622
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Quote:
Quote:

The thing with Skarsgard was that there was this one scene in an early season of true blood where he was standing in a parking lot in the middle of a circle of vampires with long hair wearing a black t shirt. He towered over every one and he looked like he had a pretty good build to start with and he was playing an ancient Viking. Since then the next season started and he appeared to have lost a lot of weight. He looks almost scrawny at his height now. I think a lot of people had lost interest in him as Thor by the time Hemsworth was picked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I don't see Affleck as being necessarily bad for Batman. He's really grown as an actor lately so if the script is good, I don't see him as a bad cast.
Really? Did you see Daredevil? Ben's always been a decent actor and he has gotten better but the real problem is he's not an action guy. He is stiff and uncoordinated. That's what hurt the Daredevil film and now that all of comicdom knows that it might kill a Batman film.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #623
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Wait, did more footage leak from D23/CC?

Old 08-23-2013, 07:21 AM   #624
Sombra112
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Can we take a moment and appreciate Eric rocking the shorts/long socks combo because he has never looked so old

Old 08-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #625
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

Wanna know how I got these scars?

Closed Thread