The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #101
Tasogare Sebei
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman physique thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki View Post
Then show me Bruce Lee beating someone in a tournament. He isnt tested. Most of the traditional Martial Artists arent. There are plenty of "masters" who have never competed. Bruce Lee is just the most popular of all.
http://youtu.be/_Yf-Cpvvucs

Old 08-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #102
batman_1989_
Side-Kick

He should look a bit like Statham.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #103
Project862006
Banned User

i know people bash him as a suggestion but i think batman should have the physique of scott adkins

Old 08-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #104
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Christian Bale is literally scary when he has to play an underweight person, losing weight for a role.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2- April 16th
Old 08-21-2013, 03:20 PM   #105
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i know people bash him as a suggestion but i think batman should have the physique of scott adkins

Well there is one current candidiate who has exactaly this physique. Guess they should hire him then.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:40 PM   #106
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

A feather in Cavill's cap. His much praised physical transformation for Man Of Steel was completely achieved without steroids!

Hollywood Reporter has run a great article about the use of steroids in Hollywood to achieve the necessary physiques for big roles. Below are the two paragraphs devoted to Man Of Steel.
Quote:
"The guy who uses steroids and admits to it earns more respect from me than the guy who uses but insists he doesn't and wants his fans to believe he did things the hard way," says elite trainer Mark Twight, an outspoken proponent of a drug-free regimen, who helped turn Man of Steel's HenryCavill's abdomen into one of the most-talked-about midsections of the year -- a feat that he says was achieved 100 percent naturally.

At least one studio made a conscious effort to keep its leading man squeaky clean. Before Cavill began his grueling five-month preproduction training for Steel, Warner Bros. requested a list of exactly what the training team might ask Cavill to use. Twight gladly complied, given that he believes radical body recomposition can be done naturally when it is guided by experienced trainers and driven by discipline and commitment. For Cavill, Twight recommended only Udo's Oil (a blend of essential fatty acids) and magnesium to aid sleep, the time when growth hormone occurs naturally.
"With Superman, well, that guy better be clean," says Twight. "Because other*wise, it's the kind of thing that turns around and bites your whole marketing campaign in the backside."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-a-list-609091

Old 08-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #107
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Well let me be the first.

Critique away boys.

Old 08-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #108
Robin91939
Master Tim

That's the kind of shape that Ben is gonna have to be in. Won't be easy at his age -- but doable.

Looking forward.

-R

Old 08-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #109
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
That's the kind of shape that Ben is gonna have to be in. Won't be easy at his age -- but doable.

Looking forward.

-R
Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman are still doing it, though they admit it's getting a lot harder.

But they didn't have Gym Jones kicking their asses, either.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #110
hafizbat
Side-Kick

I'm not sure how long ago this pic was taken, but if he can achieve this body, with maybe 10 more lbs of lean muscle, he'd look pretty darn good as Batman.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #111
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

That looks like a pretty old pic of him, besides he was already bigger than that in The Town which was more recent.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #112
Malcolm Reynold
Straight Edge Browncoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman are still doing it, though they admit it's getting a lot harder.

But they didn't have Gym Jones kicking their asses, either.
I'm surprised to hear Hugh Jackman saying bulking up is getting harder since he was the most ripped he has ever been in The Wolverine.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:03 AM   #113
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Well let me be the first.

Critique away boys.
Yeah that's going to be the template, he was cut in the town.

He will have to go above and beyond this and get even bigger and even more cut.

He actually has his own training team, so I don't know if he will use Gym Jones, but I have no doubt that he should be able to get into great shape. He has built up his physique before, he should now be able to peak out.

Last edited by slumcat; 08-23-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #114
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Reynold View Post
I'm surprised to hear Hugh Jackman saying bulking up is getting harder since he was the most ripped he has ever been in The Wolverine.
He mainly means that it takes him longer to get the physique he wants.

On earlier films, he has started 2 or 3 months beforehand and still gotten good results, for this he was training for almost a year beforehand, that is why it features his best physique.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #115
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL

pack on some more muscle on top of his town physique and he will look ideal.

If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
Old 08-23-2013, 05:03 AM   #116
D.P.
Banned User

I agree with him putting on just a little bit more muscle. He has a good base to start from moving forward.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:32 AM   #117
dark_b
Side-Kick

it wil lbe very easy for Affleck. he has very low body fat % on his body. so he can dirty bulk for 3-4 months. if he had small amount of muscles and some body fat it would be very hard.

very simple. he can be as big as he wants to be. if he will be small and cut than this is what the studio and Affleck agreed.

i think its stupid to have 8% body fat because its not healthy for a warrior. Batman would be on a high carb and fat diet to get as much energy as possible. having a low metabolism is not pracitcal and would hurt batman.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:00 AM   #118
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
it wil lbe very easy for Affleck. he has very low body fat % on his body. so he can dirty bulk for 3-4 months. if he had small amount of muscles and some body fat it would be very hard.

very simple. he can be as big as he wants to be. if he will be small and cut than this is what the studio and Affleck agreed.

i think its stupid to have 8% body fat because its not healthy for a warrior. Batman would be on a high carb and fat diet to get as much energy as possible. having a low metabolism is not pracitcal and would hurt batman.
Affleck is naturally already an ideal size to play Batman and he has more than enough time with Hollywood trainers to gain a few more pounds of muscle, I think he will have the perfect physique for Bats.

Your totally right as far as what bodyfat % he would be at, for Batman's size he would be eating a very high carbohydrate diet just like any other athlete, he would not be as ripped and cut as he is drawn in most comics.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 08-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #119
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

I'd like to see him similiar to in The Town but with another 10 to 15 pounds of muscle like said above. I think his physique will be better than Bale's really.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #120
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

He's already got a better natural build and height than Bale did, for Batman.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 08-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #121
Glassjaw
In training

He's going to get himself into the best shape of his life for this role. He's going to take it very seriously, partly because he probably loves the idea of being Batman and partly because he'll want to shut the critcs up. I think he'll get pretty big and seriously cut. Especially since he knows he's going up against Cavill.

Once we start to see pics of Afflek in that kind of shape, more and more people will start to come around to the idea of him as Batman.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #122
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I'm sure he will be on par with how far Cavill went for his physique for Superman, it's only natural that Affleck would want to achieve that for the role.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #123
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
He's going to get himself into the best shape of his life for this role. He's going to take it very seriously, partly because he probably loves the idea of being Batman and partly because he'll want to shut the critcs up. I think he'll get pretty big and seriously cut. Especially since he knows he's going up against Cavill.

Once we start to see pics of Afflek in that kind of shape, more and more people will start to come around to the idea of him as Batman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
I'm sure he will be on par with how far Cavill went for his physique for Superman, it's only natural that Affleck would want to achieve that for the role.
Just as Cavill had the best Superman physique till date, Affleck undoubtedly will have the best Batman physique till date.

He will very easily top Bale. And yeah Affleck in Town was easily better than Bale's best as Batman.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #124
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

I'm no longer worried about Batman's physique. Ben Affleck is no stranger to bulking up. Since this is Batman we're talking about, with millions on the line, I'm sure he'll create an ideal Batman physique. The guy already has a Bruce Wayne look, I'm excited to see what he will look like after he beefs up a bit.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #125
storyteller
Side-Kick

Now I am all up for him him getting bigger but honestly he's going to be head to toe in a suit. And unless they are radically changing the concept, he's going to probably be in something like armor. He doesn't need to be Batmans size. He just needs to look like it.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
Closed Thread