The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Future Batman Movies

Old 08-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #101
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
They had to reboot this one though because the previous story ended.

I suppose they could have ruined the great ending to TDK by having him come out of retirement but I sure would prefer that didn't happen.
They didn't "have" to do anything.

If the previous story ended, then they don't need to keep making the movies and rehashing the same **** over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #102
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocLathropBrown View Post
Good to see you, Doc.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #103
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Give him a chance, I'm just disappointed with the older grizzled Batman idea but I'm keeping an open mind.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]I'll bet you 40% of DC's film slate either wont be released or pushed back!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #104
DocLathropBrown
Side-Kick

Quote:
Apples and oranges. Keaton got complaints because he was a comedic actor and fans were concerned that they were taking the Adam West approach.

It is specifically Affleck's acting ability that is being criticized here. Keaton was already a great actor pre-Batman. Affleck has never had a performance as good as Keaton in Beetlejuice. Plus Burton is a far better director than Snyder.
You are right that there is a difference, but at its root the situation is the same, closer than you may think, actually.

Keaton may have been a great actor, but it was in films that nobody saw, that were also huge flops. Mr. Mom was a surprise hit (but not a box office smash), but it didn't make people think of him as a great actor (comedies usually are looked upon as less 'worthy' performances in the grand pantheon of acting). Even people that didn't assume the tone would be campy in BATMAN still doubted Keaton could pull it off. So there was the worry over the tone, and then Keaton's skill was almost a separate complaint.

Like Affleck, his career was in the toilet and just starting to get back out when Beetlejuice hit and was liked. Clean and Sober proved he could do it in terms of his acting quality (he can do drama?!?) but the masses didn't see it. Ben's in a similar situation: he's given excellent performances in films since what people cling to (Daredevil), but the masses didn't see them, so they're thinking with their heads ten years in the past (with Keaton, everyone's minds were stuck on Mr. Mom, five years past).

Truth be told, Affleck has actually had more success on his upswing before Batman than Keaton did before Batman. The nature of the complaint is a little bit different, but at its heart, the reaction is exactly the same.

Indiana Jones
and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

DocLathropBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #105
lico1021

Lmao!

lico1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #106
lico1021

Doh Re: Ben Affleck IS Bruce Wayne/Batman.

I feel like Affleck automatically gets flack for this because he's known as the pretty boy of Hollywood - the dummer of the two (Ben and Matt) - and also for his poor choice of roles in the very late 90s to mid to late 00s. So I get it. I get the frustration and anger and confusion. He's also not a very brute guy. And to be honest, he didn't prove that he can be Batman just because he directed Gone, Baby, Gone - directed/starred in the Town - and directed/starred in Argo. Those films are so far from what it is to play Batman that it really just stinks to compare his history with his potential. I dunno, we'll just have to wait and see. Meanwhile, if this news didn't upset you enough, take a look at this awful list of worst Batmans...it's bad.

lico1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #107
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocLathropBrown View Post

Fanboys, as a rule, are almost always wrong about everything.

Vid Electricz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #108
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Huh???

lol. did you even see the image I posted with all of the vitriolic responses to Ledgers casting?

Postive, negaitive, any response really. Response seems underwhelming.
Well then I refer you back to my first paragraph.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #109
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
They didn't "have" to do anything.

If the previous story ended, then they don't need to keep making the movies and rehashing the same **** over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
Never make another Batman movie? That wasn't going to happen.

Kahran Ramsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #110
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Agreed

Quote:
Never make another Batman movie? That wasn't going to happen.
But do we really need a reboot like, 2 years after the last trilogy came to an end? That's absolutely ridiculous.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #111
bhayes
Side-Kick

If you want my opinion. Ben needs to start gym training IMMEDIATELY.
like. RIGHT NOW.

He needs to be working with stunt team trainers and fight choregraphers like. RIGHT NOW. to get his physical ability up.

He needs to atleast be able to convince the audience that he is a force to be wreckoned with as bruce wayne.

i mean even when we see the Animated Batman from Justice League cartoon. we seeing who batman/bruce wayne is

Ben is not the embodiment of all that we have seen before and more.

I was keeping my fingers crossed for scott adkins. that's a choice that makes sense.

physically - in his form. He is not ready to play batman. but with hardwork he can get there.

i also feel like....Ben needs to sit infront of a voice recorder and work in his batman voice and how will he approach bruce wayne.

ALSO the makeup and hairstylist people have their work cutout for them. they do.

i say they need work on ben's looks for next few months. and in feburary

do some creative costumes.

remember how they would display the Jor-El costumes at liscensing shows?

they need to do something like that to show the new batman costume

Show the public - why we are wrong about ben being batman. i'm scarred but we'll see.

Until i see some cool movie stills and costumes that convice me otherwise.I'm not excited to see this.

they need to do photoshoots that show that ben in bruce wayne attire.

because now...i just don't see him as batman. i'm alittle worried but the right people are in charge so. we'll see.

this might work. WE COULD ALL BE WRONG ABOUT BEN.

Last edited by bhayes; 08-23-2013 at 04:08 PM.
bhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:06 PM   #112
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
But do we really need a reboot like, 2 years after the last trilogy came to an end? That's absolutely ridiculous.
People have been crying for a Justice League movie for years. For that you need Batman.

And it isn't like they are just going to be covering the same stories again. This is a completely different take. It isn't the same as the situation with Spider-Man where they rebooted it needlessly.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #113
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Seriously?

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/fans-pe...164352377.html

Utter idiocy.

They will never learn. They being fanboys.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #114
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Actors have the best personal training teams, nutritionists, personal chefs money can buy. You don't need to worry about him bhayes. Hell he was even in pretty good shape for The Town.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #115
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
That's hardly fair. We're all fanboys and some people said to keep an open mind about Reynolds as green lantern. Sometimes a bad idea is a bad idea but we'll see

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #116
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
That's hardly fair. We're all fanboys and some people said to keep an open mind about Reynolds as green lantern. Sometimes a bad idea is a bad idea but we'll see

It's very fair. Vitriol towards Ledger as the Joker, Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane and now Affleck. Always jumping to ridiculous, outlandish conclusions, conclusions before they have any idea about what the final product would be.

Also, Reynolds didn't write the script or direct the film. Maybe he could've been great as Green Lantern. Whatever the movies major faults are, he- as an actor- wasn't one of them.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #117
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
People have been crying for a Justice League movie for years. For that you need Batman.

And it isn't like they are just going to be covering the same stories again. This is a completely different take. It isn't the same as the situation with Spider-Man where they rebooted it needlessly.
Well I'll pass. I've no desire, want, or need for crossover films.

Quote:
It's very fair. Vitriol towards Ledger as the Joker, Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane and now Affleck. Always jumping to ridiculous, outlandish conclusions, conclusions before they have any idea about what the final product would be.

Also, Reynolds didn't write the script or direct the film. Maybe he could've been great as Green Lantern. Whatever the movies major faults are, he- as an actor- wasn't one of them.

Old 08-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #118
Alex_Spider
Banned User

Wow this came out of the blue. Not a bad choice. Only problem I have is that Ben is a very successful and recognizable actor and I don't know if I will be seeing him or The Batman when he is under the cowl. Batman is a mysterious character and would be better fitted an unknown actor or in the vein of Cavill's level.

Alex_Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #119
Vid Electricz
Banned User

I don't understand why everyone is getting so riled up about Affleck (who is a perfectly competent actor), when what they should REALLY be concerned about is the writing and direction of the film (As was the issue with Man of Steel).

Old 08-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #120
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhayes View Post

If you want my opinion. Ben needs to start gym training IMMEDIATELY.
like. RIGHT NOW.

He needs to be working with stunt team trainers and fight choregraphers like. RIGHT NOW. to get his physical ability up.

He needs to atleast be able to convince the audience that he is a force to be wreckoned with as bruce wayne.

i mean even when we see the Animated Batman from Justice League cartoon. we seeing who batman/bruce wayne is

Ben is not the embodiment of all that we have seen before and more.

I was keeping my fingers crossed for scott adkins. that's a choice that makes sense.

physically - in his form. He is not ready to play batman. but with hardwork he can get there.

i also feel like....Ben needs to sit infront of a voice recorder and work in his batman voice and how will he approach bruce wayne.

ALSO the makeup and hairstylist people have their work cutout for them. they do.

i say they need work on ben's looks for next few months. and in feburary

do some creative costumes.

remember how they would display the Jor-El costumes at liscensing shows?

they need to do something like that to show the new batman costume

Show the public - why we are wrong about ben being batman. i'm scarred but we'll see.

Until i see some cool movie stills and costumes that convice me otherwise.I'm not excited to see this.

they need to do photoshoots that show that ben in bruce wayne attire.

because now...i just don't see him as batman. i'm alittle worried but the right people are in charge so. we'll see.

this might work. WE COULD ALL BE WRONG ABOUT BEN.
He has.

A report came out that Ben has already started training and is on a 2 hours a day schedule.

SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #121
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
I'm shocked they went with someone over 40.

The idea that Christian Bale is "too old' was laughable before, and even moreso now. I am amazed that they pulled the trigger on someone at Affleck's age.
I don't remember anyone complaining about Bale's age. I do however remember hearing that it was WB's intentions to go for an older, more experienced Batman in his 40s.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #122
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't understand why everyone is getting so riled up about Affleck (who is a perfectly competent actor), when what they should REALLY be concerned about is the writing and direction of the film (As was the issue with Man of Steel).
Oh, I'm concerned about that too. Believe me.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #123
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

I don't mind...I don't see him as Batman, however for Bruce Wayne? Yes. I actually really like Affleck, and hope him the best, but this was very out of left field.

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #124
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ahahaha. Anyone remember when Ledger was cast?

Some gems:

dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #125
conan69
Cimmerian

Not sure why everyones so concerned about Afflecks build...

About Ledger, I remember after the 6 minute preview a bunch of pathetic dorks from this site launched a petition.... but not everyone was against Ledger.
Some of us had a wait and see attitude since it was obvious Nolan thought Ledger was the man for the job.

Im guessing Afleck is going to play batman for Justice League and the new trilogy as well...That would make the potential for 7 films - JL x3, Batman x3, B vs S and should tie Affleck up for the next 12 years.

Last edited by conan69; 08-23-2013 at 09:40 PM.
conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote