The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Which female will get the most Epic Action momment?
Storm 17 37.78%
Rogue 4 8.89%
Kitty 1 2.22%
Blink 3 6.67%
Mystique 20 44.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #26
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Default Re: Which Female Character do u think will get the most Epic #ActionMoment?

I think we will get epic moments from Storm,eventhough she was pregnant she dosent have to be flying around like MOS to have an epic scene. She has done more on her feet or sitting on her butt. I do hope Blink would have an epic scene like someone mentioned above. Yes JLaw isnt the Rebecca Romjin Mystique but I think shes in a transition stage so its not unlikely that we could see more action from her.

Storm #1-July 23 2014-Preorder your copy today
BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #27
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Which Female Character do u think will get the most Epic #ActionMoment?

I see most of us are forgeting Kitty, like if everyone think she will just phase throw walls and thats it.

We are talking about an apocalyptic future fighting with Sentinels.

So Kitty will do much more than that! Lol

And being the OT actress with more time, compared to Anna and Halle, I'll bet that she will have one or two really really cool action moments.

She could even jump from the top of a building throw a huge sentinel that ends exploding in an epic way, while Kitty then walks throw fire. Something like that would be pretty awesome, at least to me.

Its all about imagination and how the sequence is shotted. A great director could always do great things with each x-man. So.... its up to Singer and his interest in Kitty/Ellen.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #28
DOFP
Side-Kick

AND Ellen has a stunt double, soooo

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #29
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I see most of us are forgeting Kitty, like if everyone think she will just phase throw walls and thats it.
Kittys my fav. But...

I think she is gonna be out of action due to her powers being used to send Logan back. I'm pretty sure that is gonna put a toll on her.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #30
Angamb
Banned User

but what about before the actual travel?

She will be involved with at least one sentinels fight, Im sure.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #31
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
but what about before the actual travel?

She will be involved with at least one sentinels fight, Im sure.
Could be. I'd prefer it. But I don't think she will out shine Storm, Mystique, Blink or Rogue (if they actually decide to have her fight for once) in the action category. Maybe Rogue.

Besides Mystique, I think Kitty will be more pivotal to the story then those characters though.

Last edited by def28; 08-24-2013 at 05:15 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #32
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Kitty is the character I actually expect to get the least action. I don't think she'll do anything particularly big and will get focus more has being pivotal to the time travel and then with whatever is going on with Iceman.

Rogue could and should rightfully get a fight scene while possibly escaping from mutant prison. Storm is bound to have at least one kickass fight scene. As I strongly suspect she dies then I reckon she'll go out in an action scene. Blink seems like a cameo so she'll do something cool while she's there. Mystique will get the biggest because her role is bigger.

xDOFPx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #33
Loki882
Side-Kick

Storm will probably get a big action scene (I'm guessing a heroic badass death). Rogue may get one (Anna wants to do more action scenes). Mystique will almost certainly get one. I'm thinking that Blink might use her teleportation as a cool fighting style, like Nightcrawler in X2 and Azazel in FC.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #34
Farren
Side Kicker

Mystique will have the most action scenes/screen time, but Storm will get a token "epic" FX scene, so I voted for Storm.

Rogue will get screwed over as usual.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:13 PM   #35
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I feel like with Storm, we haven't seen her full rage/her pull potential so maybe like with Wolverine in his latest solo film, her rage will be uncaged in DOFP.

With Mystique, I feel like I've seen it all. She changes her appearance and she kicks people when she's doing her action moment. We really haven't seen Storm, fight with dozens of enemies.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #36
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
With Mystique, I feel like I've seen it all. She changes her appearance and she kicks people when she's doing her action moment. We really haven't seen Storm, fight with dozens of enemies.
It would be kind of hard to top all of Mystique's awesomeness in X2.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #37
Loki882
Side-Kick

Or her kicking Wolverine's ass in X1. Logan sure does get beaten up by women a lot doesn't he.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:26 AM   #38
merbass
Side-Kick

Storm has awesome power. They could do so much with special fx. If she gets to fly then the body double was probably used.

Rogue could take power of others. I have a feeling we will see a lot of that and also great emotional scenes.

Mystique shape shifting power is not epic but very cool to see.

Blink and Kitty are part of time travel process. They will shine in their own way.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:42 AM   #39
Mystique's Leg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I feel like with Storm, we haven't seen her full rage/her pull potential so maybe like with Wolverine in his latest solo film, her rage will be uncaged in DOFP.

True, but I just can't get enough of Mystique's action moments. It's her style and attitude that does the trick for me. Her epicness is about infiltration and martial arts in more confined places. We haven't seen her doing things in a bigger, open space. I always wondered how she would have been part of the final battle in X3. She could have had an awesome fight with Beast. Maybe she'll be part of the action on that crowded square where Beast fights Magneto? Trying to break up the fight or something.

Mystique's Leg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:23 AM   #40
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:

We are talking about an apocalyptic future fighting with Sentinels.

So Kitty will do much more than that! Lol

And being the OT actress with more time, compared to Anna and Halle, I'll bet that she will have one or two really really cool action moments.

She could even jump from the top of a building throw a huge sentinel that ends exploding in an epic way, while Kitty then walks throw fire. Something like that would be pretty awesome, at least to me.

Its all about imagination and how the sequence is shotted. A great director could always do great things with each x-man. So.... its up to Singer and his interest in Kitty/Ellen.
I'd like it to be Kitty or Rouge, but I think it will be Mystique.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #41
miltographic
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I voted for Storm, but I really hope Rogue actually gets to do something worthwhile for once. I don't consider her briefly flying the Blackbird anything special.
In itself no, but it was a character progression that Singer seemed to be developing (before TLS ruined it!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post
The only way Rogue has some decent action is if she has her strength and flight, and I don't see that happening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique's Leg View Post
Let's hope we'll get something creative or just give her the strength and flight abilities already!
I'm not holding my breath, but the use of Rogue is what could make or break the movie for me. I don't even mind if Rogue is barely in the movie, as long as during the future she has the flight and strength... No explanation. She just starts wrecking Sentinels, and she's shown to be integral to the team in battle... Then explanations can come later in future X-movies.

I don't think its likely, but I think its possible... It seems like a Singer move, and something he'd do! Also, DOFP is such a massive opportunity to showcase future Rogue, everyone else's powers are pretty much already established and wont be that different in the future scenes.

miltographic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #42
Angamb
Banned User

I doubt she has both powers, but Im sure Singer made her use one or two powers from her mates on at least one action moment.

No way Singer brought her back after all these years, knowing all fans need to see her having an epic action moment, just for a few lines. no way.

He and the writer arent as stupid. Not this time in the game.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #43
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

She could borrow Iceman's and Magneto's powers during whatever is going on. She could kick some Sentinel butt with those combined. Unless she borrows random powers off random mutant prisoners.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #44
xrs13
Cold as ice

she could take storms whilst she is dying... flight and badass powers. I kid :P.

xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #45
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
she could take storms whilst she is dying... flight and badass powers. I kid :P.
It's doubtful she'll be around yet when and if Storm dies. There's no proof the two ever filmed together. I don't think Rogue will have flight or super strength as I don't think she'll have access to those kinds of powers.

It doesn't mean she can't use other powers to have an action scene. After four movies it's time for her to fight and if she doesn't then it's a joke. Anna wants her to, the audience do and the character is part of a war so would fight or it's not very realistic. Especially as she is escaping from somewhere in the trailer. Most likely mutant prison. That is going to need force. I am expecting her to have a fight scene, I'll be honest.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #46
xrs13
Cold as ice

If she doesn't fight I don't really know what else there is for her to do. I know it was said that they needed her for the whole going back in time thing or bringing wolverine back or saving kitty or something.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #47
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

I honestly did forget about Kitty, I hope she has some action. But she may be occupied with the time travel. I'm not certain how much she could do against Sentinels though. Please give Rogue an epic scene with her whupping some Sentinel butt I want to see her and Blink cut loose.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #48
xrs13
Cold as ice

Am I the only one that seems to remember kitty in any of the cartoons... When she phases through electrical equipment she pretty much makes them go boom. Sentinels are pretty much electrical kitty toys haha.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #49
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Am I the only one that seems to remember kitty in any of the cartoons... When she phases through electrical equipment she pretty much makes them go boom. Sentinels are pretty much electrical kitty toys haha.
Yea I recall her powers working like that,but is she just going to be jumping through Sentinels is that all?

Old 08-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #50
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
I use to remember that often too.

Thats why I menioned Kitty. I think Singer will do something really cool with her too, appart from the time travel.

would be pretty awesome to see her jumping throw a sentinel and making him explote. if shotted well, it would be a stand out moment, I think a big part of the audience would think: this Kitty girl is pretty cool!

So again, its all up to the director and writer.