The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Old 08-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #176
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: The Spiderman Trade Paperbacks/HC Thread

What are some good stand-alone Spider-Man graphic novels?

I know of "Spider-Man: Reign" and "Spider-Man: Blue." Any other recommendations?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #177
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
What are some good stand-alone Spider-Man graphic novels?

I know of "Spider-Man: Reign" and "Spider-Man: Blue." Any other recommendations?
Aloha,
Go to this link.
http://www.donaldspidermanthomas.com...ls_novels.html

Spidey rules

Donald Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #178
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Thanks man!

I just read Spider-Man: Blue, and it was fantastic. Great homage to the early Steve Ditko/John Romita era of Spider-Man.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 02:53 AM   #179
HELL N' SPIDERS
Spider with a Power Ring

1. Why is this thread so dead?
2. WHY IS Civil War: Spider-Man Hard Cover so expensive?!!!!
Seriously people on amazon are asking upwards of $500 for a new cop of it.

"The Safe-Word Is Pumpkin"

The Spider With a Power Ring
HELL N' SPIDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 12:01 AM   #180
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELL N' SPIDERS View Post
1. Why is this thread so dead?
2. WHY IS Civil War: Spider-Man Hard Cover so expensive?!!!!
Seriously people on amazon are asking upwards of $500 for a new cop of it.
Aloha,
Very good question. It's all about supply and demand. That particular HC had a very limited run so it's scarce. I've seen it for about $200 but $500 is totally ridiculous.
Cheapgraphicnovels.com has it for about $200.
Spidey rules with a padded bank account

Old 12-02-2014, 12:58 PM   #181
HELL N' SPIDERS
Spider with a Power Ring

Thanks Donald,
I'll probably just buy it used for around $80 on amazon. If I don't get it for christmas that is.

So in the interest of keeping this thread alive, what are the Trades that you guys still want/need to complete your lists.

I am working my way through collecting the trades from Straczynski's run up through the current series. (Including Superior) I almost have all of Straczynski (just need Vol. 9 and Vol. 10)
after that I still need I still need...
Civil War: Spider-Man
Back In Black
One More Day
The Gauntlet Series
Origin Of The Species
...a couple others I can't quite remember off the top of my head.

I also don't have anything released after ASM#700. I am waiting to start Superior until I have gotten caught up on my other ones, which might be a while.

"The Safe-Word Is Pumpkin"

The Spider With a Power Ring
HELL N' SPIDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:44 PM   #182
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELL N' SPIDERS View Post
Thanks Donald,
I'll probably just buy it used for around $80 on amazon. If I don't get it for christmas that is.

So in the interest of keeping this thread alive, what are the Trades that you guys still want/need to complete your lists.

I am working my way through collecting the trades from Straczynski's run up through the current series. (Including Superior) I almost have all of Straczynski (just need Vol. 9 and Vol. 10)
after that I still need I still need...
Civil War: Spider-Man
Back In Black
One More Day
The Gauntlet Series
Origin Of The Species
...a couple others I can't quite remember off the top of my head.

I also don't have anything released after ASM#700. I am waiting to start Superior until I have gotten caught up on my other ones, which might be a while.
Aloha,
Here's my wish list on cheapgraphicnovels.com.

SPIDER-MAN CHAPTER ONE TP SPIDER-MAN CHAPTER ONE TP
Acclaimed writer/artist John Byrne takes the web-slinger's reigns and reinvents the Spider-Man mythos for the 21st century! Witness your favorite web-spinner's earliest adventures as he faces off - for the first time - against the likes of Dr. Octopus, the Vulture, Sandman, the Green Goblin, the Lizard, Mysterio and Electro!
$19.24 x = $19.24

MARVEL ZOMBIES DESTROY HC MARVEL ZOMBIES DESTROY HC
At long last! The best-selling Marvel Zombies franchise returns! ARMOR is called upon to rescue a reality where the Nazis won WWII... with zombies! Howard the Duck brings in Nazi-fighter extraordinaire Dum Dum Dugan, and takes a squadron of fighters known as Ducky's Dozen on a daring raid into the very heart of the zombie Red Skull's territory!

Update

SCARLET SPIDER VOL 01 LIFE AFTER DEATH PREMIERE HC SCARLET SPIDER VOL 01 LIFE AFTER DEATH PREMIERE HC
Spinning out of SPIDER-ISLAND, the secrets of the new Scarlet Spider are revealed! Spider-Man's dark clone Kaine has taken up the heroic mantle and relocated to Houston, Texas, to begin a new life. But when Scarlet stands up to corruption in his adopted home, he discovers not everyone's happy to have a new hero in town - and Houston's super-criminal scene makes itself known!

$10.99 x = $10.99

SPIDER-MAN BY ROGER STERN OMNIBUS HC DM VAR ED SPIDER-MAN BY ROGER STERN OMNIBUS HC DM VAR ED
Because you demanded it! Mighty Marvel presents Roger Stern's celebrated 1980s run on Spectacular Spider-Man and Amazing Spider-Man in one sensational Omnibus edition! Paired with John Romita Jr. and a cast of other top art talents, Roger Stern reinvigorated the life of everyone's friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

$69.99 x = $69.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BEHIND THE SCENES AND BEYOND THE WEB HC AMAZING SPIDER-MAN BEHIND THE SCENES AND BEYOND THE WEB HC
Featuring exclusive concept artwork, behind-the-scenes photographs, production stills, and in-depth interviews with the cast and crew, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: THE ART OF THE MOVIE is a deluxe keepsake volume that provides an insider's look into the making of the wall-crawler's 2012 film!

$27.49 x = $27.49

MMW AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VOL 16 HC DM VAR ED 205 MMW AMAZING SPIDER-MAN VOL 16 HC DM VAR ED 205
Peter Parker's past comes back to haunt him in his latest and greatest Marvel Masterworks volume! Doc Ock has returned, and he's brought the ghost of Hammerhead with him! And those two aren't the only ones back from the grave: The Kingpin is out to resurrect his son, and he can only do it if Spider-Man dies!

$69.99 x = $69.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN FAMILY BUSINESS HC AMAZING SPIDER-MAN FAMILY BUSINESS HC
Someone has Spider-Man in their crosshairs, and the only person in the Marvel Universe who can save him is...Peter Parker's sister?! As the web-slinger meets family he never knew, will she end up becoming his greatest ally, or the one who damns him? And what does the Kingpin of Crime have to do with it?

$13.74 x = $27.48

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2014) VOL 01.1 LEARNING TO CRAWL TP AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2014) VOL 01.1 LEARNING TO CRAWL TP
It's the chapter you never knew about the story you know by heart! Join Peter Parker as he takes his first steps toward finding his way in the world as Spider-Man! He sought revenge and found responsibility. From that night on, a new life began. Peter's not a hero - not yet - but he'll get there somehow.

$9.89 x = $0.00

MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN FIGHT NIGHT TP MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN FIGHT NIGHT TP
From the haunted heights of a mysterious castle to the dizzying depths of the deep seas, the Amazing Spider-Man must take on not one, not six, not twelve - but ninety-nine of the Marvel Universe's deadliest villains to save the lives of countless innocents!

$9.34 x = $9.34

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2014) VOL 01 THE PARKER LUCK TP AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2014) VOL 01 THE PARKER LUCK TP
The greatest super hero of all time returns! The world may have changed since Spidey's been gone, but so has Peter Parker. This is a man with a second chance at life, and he's not wasting a moment of it. But his old foes are back, as well! Re-energized, out of control and madder than ever, Electro and the Black Cat demand revenge!

$9.89 x = $9.89

HOUSE OF M SPIDER-MAN FANTASTIC FOUR X-MEN HC HOUSE OF M SPIDER-MAN FANTASTIC FOUR X-MEN HC
The Scarlet Witch has changed the universe, but Saturnyne's come to destroy it! The House of M is spilling into the multiverse like dominos and may topple it like cards, especially if omnipotent evildoers Mad Jim and madder Jamie have their way! Captain Britain and his family have two days to save the world as they know it..

$21.99 x = $21.99 Out of stock

SPIDER-MAN MASQUES PREMIERE HC DM VOL 83 SPIDER-MAN MASQUES PREMIERE HC DM VOL 83
Industry superstar Todd McFarlane's blockbuster run barrels on! The Hobgoblin is back, out of control and more deranged than ever! Will even the demonic Ghost Rider be enough to help Spider-Man stop him? Then, Spidey takes a trip into the dark, lightless sewers under Manhattan to face Morbius the Living Vampire, which can mean only one thing: the return of the black costume!
$13.74 x = $13.74

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN WHO AM I HC AMAZING SPIDER-MAN WHO AM I HC
The first printed edition of the story previously available in Marvel's innovative Infinite Comics format! Peter Parker has just returned from being replaced by Dr. Octopus - so now it's time to eschew Ock's more villainous tendencies and return to a life of heroic virtue, right? Maybe not! Because suddenly, Peter has lost his memory.

ESTIMATED ARRIVAL: FEBRUARY 3, 2015

AXIS CARNAGE AND HOBGOBLIN TP AXIS CARNAGE AND HOBGOBLIN TP

Spidey rules

Old 12-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #183
allthingsuper
Side-Kick

I still want to buy the 11th Spider-Man Essential and the fifth Spectacular Essential. I would highly encourage others to check out the essentials. Great stories for a cheap price!
I'm debating on whether or not I should try out the Web of Spider-Man Essentials. Anyone read any of Web of Spider-Man?

allthingsuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:07 PM   #184
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthingsuper View Post
I still want to buy the 11th Spider-Man Essential and the fifth Spectacular Essential. I would highly encourage others to check out the essentials. Great stories for a cheap price!
I'm debating on whether or not I should try out the Web of Spider-Man Essentials. Anyone read any of Web of Spider-Man?
Aloha,
When it comes to price you can't beat the Essentials, HOWEVER, there is something about reading a comic in Black and White that I have a hard time with.
Web was so so as a title. At one point it tied in with what was going on in Amazing.
Spidey rules

Old 12-14-2014, 07:58 PM   #185
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

I have all the Spidey Essentials because it's much easier to find an old reference... As opposed to digging out the originals... Though I think some of the Essentials have been edited... Mostly for dated racial stuff... But I could be wrong...

Web sucked for practically 129 issues... Barring the occasional gem.

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote