Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #801
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
There were two Captain Marvels who were Female: Monica Rambeau and Carol Danvers. I think Danvers is more likely of the two to be in MCU.
And Monica is the more interesting of them, by far

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #802
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Captain Marvel is a bland, boring character that adds nothing to the MCU than being female.
Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #803
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
I don't see Monica in the current MCU. If they do decide to add Monica, I would think that there would be two names at the top of the list: Rosario Dawson and Kerry Washington with Paula Patton probably third. It's likely:

1. Washington
2. Dawson
3. Patton
4. Anyone else (Megan Good, Taraji P Henson, Gabrielle Union, Anika Noni Rose, Rutina Wesley, Naomie Harris, etc).

Zoe Saldana came off the list when she was cast as Gamora.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 08-24-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #804
Donk
Random Jackass

I really want to see Black Panther and Luke Cage involved in the Avengers fold at some point.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #805
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk View Post
I really want to see Black Panther and Luke Cage involved in the Avengers fold at some point.
So do many people. We won't know for sure until Marvel announces it, which probably won't be until next year's Comic-Con

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 08-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #806
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
I agree. Monica Rambeau's powers are a lot more interesting to me and her back story could be fun to work with. She was also a great team leader. It's a damn shame that she has been pushed aside and neglected, and an even worse shame that we'll probably never see her in the MCU.

Danvers as Ms/Captain Marvel has never interested me because she is an imitation of a far more intriguing male character. It's preferable that heroines have unique powers and origins of their own rather than piggyback on established superheroes.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #807
Loki882
Side-Kick

I always found Carol to be much more interesting than the original CM (never cared for him).

Old 08-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #808
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I agree. Monica Rambeau's powers are a lot more interesting to me and her back story could be fun to work with. She was also a great team leader. It's a damn shame that she has been pushed aside and neglected, and an even worse shame that we'll probably never see her in the MCU.

Danvers as Ms/Captain Marvel has never interested me because she is an imitation of a far more intriguing male character. It's preferable that heroines have unique powers and origins of their own rather than piggyback on established superheroes.
The closest thing we'll have to a black woman in MCU is Monica Lynne as love interest to the Black Panther. A shame really as Monica Rambeau would be a great addition to Avengers 3, which will probably add BP, Ant Man, Luke Cage and Dr. Strange to the lineup.

I know that Joss has said that he wants to add more women to be a part of the Avengers. He's added Scarlet Witch, but I don't think he'll add Monica Rambeau. I expect Danvers to be added as well as Wasp if she's in Ant-Man. Also if there is a penultimate battle with Thanos that forces a team-up with Guardians of the Galaxy, we'll probably see Gamora. On the Shield side, we might see Agent 13, depending on if Emily Van Camp signed for multiple films.

Then again, if they make a Luke Cage movie, we might see Misty Knight, so there may be hope in seeing Kerry Washington or Rosario Dawson or Paula Patton in the MCU (as I don't think any of those three would be Monica Lynne in a Black Panther movie)

Old 08-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #809
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I was thinking about Rosario as a potential Misty Knight earlier while I was watching Trance.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #810
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I was thinking about Rosario as a potential Misty Knight earlier while I was watching Trance.
She's a big comic book fan and was rumored to have been in the running to play Gamora.

I am interested in seeing whether or not Fury ends up in the post credit scenes of the Phase 3 movies (excluding Thor 3 and Cap 3).

Old 08-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #811
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
She's a big comic book fan and was rumored to have been in the running to play Gamora.

I am interested in seeing whether or not Fury ends up in the post credit scenes of the Phase 3 movies (excluding Thor 3 and Cap 3).
she is and iirc she also wrote a couple of comic books

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #812
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
I know that Joss has said that he wants to add more women to be a part of the Avengers.
Joss also said his a big Tigra fan.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #813
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
If she's in Avengers 3, it'll be her, Scarlet Witch and Black Widow (also maybe Carol Danvers and Wasp) and possibly Gamora (if joining forces with GOTG in a battle against Thanos) with SHIELD Agents Maria Hill and Agent 13.

No hope for any Black Women in MCU outside of Monica Lynne and maybe Misty Knight (although I am not sure about that). And Marvel may have to end up casting a dual threat singer actress like Jennifer Hudson or Jordin Sparks (if Chadwick Boseman is Black Panther) or Anika Noni Rose or Audra McDonald (if Chiwetel Ejiofor is BP) in the role of Monica Lynne.

Even if Luke Cage is announced (and I believe it will be), Misty Knight isn't a certainty. They could always cast Jessica Jones or Colleen Wing instead.

And if the actors playing Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, Luke Cage and Black Panther sign for multiple films, we'll probably see Nick Fury appear after the credits end. While that's not 100% certain, if all four are expected to join Avengers 3, that seems likely. The other possibility is one of those four being joined in battle by a fellow Avenger (with Hawkeye and Black Widow most likely) or The SHIELD makes an appearance in each of those films.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:03 PM   #814
PyroChamber
W.B.B.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I remember years ago Stan Lee talked about doing a possible Tigra movie with Michelle Rodriguez in the starting role.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #815
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Pls keep Luke cage out of the Avengers, and especially out of SHIELD.

He should be in a New Avengers movie with other street evel heroes.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 08-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #816
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
Pls keep Luke cage out of the Avengers, and especially out of SHIELD.

He should be in a New Avengers movie with other street evel heroes.
If Luke Cage is announced for Phase 3, he's going to have some sort of connection to the Avengers. Remember it's all one Universe.

Old 08-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #817
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

For Avengers 3, I would like to see all of the heroes assembled, as Thanos is the one threat the big 4/5 cannot take on alone.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 08-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #818
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
For Avengers 3, I would like to see all of the heroes assembled, as Thanos is the one threat the big 4/5 cannot take on alone.
This is why I think Fury is going to show up for Ant Man, Dr. Strange, BP and Luke Cage after the credits.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #819
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Whedon doesn't like Danvers, mostly due to her powerset, we won't see her. And with no mention of Wasp, we're unlikely to see her. If Whedon adds a female hero himself it will likely be Tigra or Wasp, not both. Monica Rambeau would be ideal, though, both in attitude, powerset, and a few other things.

I don't think we'll see both Luke Cage *and* Black Panther as feature films, it will likely be one or the other, with something like Inhumans or Iron Fist filling in whatever space is left in Phase 3 after Cap 3, Thor 3, Dr. Strange, and BP-if-they-do-that, if any.

I think Avengers 2, if it ups the scale, needs to mention Rhodey... the world is falling apart, this guy with a suit doesn't show up because... the movie doesn't need two metal people? That doesn't make sense, there needs to be some in story reason why Rhodey doesn't act in self preservation. Same with Falcon. Warriors 3 are different, they have a number of reasons not to save Earth when its threatened.

I think it would be cool in Avengers 3 if *everyone* was there for some ultimate brawl, all the heroes, all the supporting cast, from The Warriors 3 and Sif to Falcon, BuckyCap and Agent 13, even the cast of Agents of SHIELD the TV show, all together one time. That would be... unparalleled.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #820
Dr. Evil
Gamora

If they need more than the current Avengers plus Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch to take down Ultron and whatever minions he may have fighting for him, they may have to use Falcon and War Machine.

Whedon has said that he would like more females to the squad. Monica Rambeau (played by one of Rosario Dawson, Kerry Washington or Paula Patton) would be a good addition, but she would need a good backstory. If he doesn't like Danvers and will only choose one of Wasp or Tigra, then there's hope for Rambeau (what would be interesting is what name would she have if she was in the next Avengers after Ultron).

If it came down to one of Black Panther or Luke Cage, I'd think they'd go with Panther because of his connections to the Avengers already.

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 08-25-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #821
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I think one of the issues about whether or not to put Monica Rambeau in MCU is what to call her. Either she goes by Monica Rambeau only or goes by her real name plus one of the 12 aliases she's known for.

I think they'll keep it simple and have her just be Monica Rambeau.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #822
Donk
Random Jackass

i think if they want more female heroes they should bring in She-Hulk.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #823
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk View Post
i think if they want more female heroes they should bring in She-Hulk.
I don't think that's going to ever happen.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #824
Donk
Random Jackass

What are your thoughts on how they will include The Guardians of the Galaxy in the Avengers after that movie comes out?

Old 08-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #825
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Hopefully they don't.