The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 08-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #126
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: FOX Shared Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
honestly, psycko, Ive thought the same as specter. Your attitude on some topics make you look like a troll.

Many users love to discuss about all the possibilites of the future, talking about spin-offs, new characters and all, but you are the only user that keeps bringing those positive posts down over and over.

I already have you on my ignore list since many weeks ago, but its really hard to have a fun discussion on these boards, when I keep seeing your negative replies to other users, and obviously their replies to you.

Its like your attitude is all over the board, and that leave out the fun of the discussions. its really frustrating trying to have fun with you boycotting it.

You dont want spin-offs, fine, you have expressed it perfectly all these months, all of us already know your opinion, so its not needed to post it again each day. Now let us all have fun discussing it from now.

You don't have to tell me that again. At least I don't tell people to make their own thread and dictate things to others what they should say or not. And I don't question people if they are really a fan of the X-Men or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
My idea is some sort of trail of energy travelling from Alcatraz into space. Scientists detect the energy and the F4 are sent to investigate it. It would be the Phoenix Force, the source of all her power. Although the Phoenix was different in the movies - another personality rather than a cosmic entity - Jean had to be getting all that power from somewhere. So they could say there was a cosmic force that she tapped into.

Then the F4 could be transformed by that force. They don't have the X-gene so they aren't 'Homo superior' mutants but they are 'mutates' and that could be an interesting part of the story.
That would be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Do you know what beating a dead horse means and why people keep posting that? I'm starting to think you don't. You are extremely close to trolling. You posted the same thing three times after no one quoted you. We know what you think from the countless debates in other threads, and the first time you posted here. Debating your point further is futile. It's coming across like your just trying to piss people off. There's a difference in stating your point and spamming it in every other forum to provoke a response. Ya need to drop it.
You can think of it as trolling because you don't agree with me but I don't think I troll. I'm very serious with my posts and I actually raised very good points and this issue is very important to me because its about the future of this franchise. And its not like I just copied and pasted the things I've been saying about this certain subject. And I don't try to piss people off, because if I was, I would be posting that same emoticon that most of you are using as a reply to my posts and I also don't insult people here or give them names when they disagreed with me.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-26-2013 at 12:32 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #127
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
You can think of it as trolling because you don't agree with me but I don't think I troll. I'm very serious with my posts and I actually raised very good points and this issue is very important to me because its about the future of this franchise. And its not like I just copied and pasted the things I've been saying about this certain subject. And I don't try to piss people off, because if I was, I would be posting that same emoticon that most of you are using as a reply to my posts and I also don't insult people here or give them names when they disagreed with me.
I'm not calling you a troll because I disagree with your opinion. It's because of the spamming. People are not even arguing against your opinion about spinn offs. That's why you keep seeing everytime you mention the subject. It's been done over an over so its pointless. You don't seem to understand what that means. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flogging_a_dead_horse

If you think your not posting the same thing over and over your flat out wrong. You do this in every thread, won't stop and just repeat yourself even when someone is not replying to you. Enough people have complained. It's not your opinion thats the problem it's the spamming. Thats why your getting close to troll territory.

Last edited by def28; 08-26-2013 at 11:32 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #128
Angamb
Banned User

lets let it go, def. He doesnt understand it, he doesnt want to understand it and we wont ever understand, so lets go back to our positive discussion and if he keeps posting the same things, lets ignore it and keep discussing, as the rest of us do.

So back to Topic... wich Xmen cameo would you all like in Xforce? anyone from Original cast to connect movies or another new character?

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #129
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I don't consider First Class a spinoff...its more like the next 'phase' of X-films. Because I don't consider DOFP part spinoff part 'real' xmen movie....

X3 ended with a fake happy ending and we took a detour to the past in FC to give us backstory and to set up DOFP. The Wolverine is kind of a spinoff slash solo adventure mini x film to bring us back from the FC era to present time post X3 and to also further set up DOFP.

Now DOFP to me feels like the 'event' film of this phase, after FC and TW.

So imo, Phase 1: X1, X2, X3
Phase 2: FC, TW, DOFP

XMOW doesn't belong to anything, it was a failed experiment.

Last edited by Great Mind(s); 08-26-2013 at 11:17 AM.
Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #130
Angamb
Banned User

lol.

OW was phase 2, but being the only spin-off of that phase. (sadly)

But yeah DOFP is the event film of phase 2. Or in any case, the bridge between phase 2 and 3.

This movie will open the doors for next movies, including sequels to previous ones and new spin-off/s.

Cant wait for the day I could say: 'Phase 3 was my phase, with that sequel, that spin-off, that other sequel, and that other event"

Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #131
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
So back to Topic... wich Xmen cameo would you all like in Xforce? anyone from Original cast to connect movies or another new character?
Cameo wise, guess it depends on the story and what they do with the characters. Or if X-Force has to do with the actual X-Men team at all. If Warpath is cool in DOFP, I'd like to see him return since he's a major X-Force character. He's one of my favorites. I'm also fine with Wolverine showing up since I would rather seem him in X-Force now. So I guess those are the two I'd like to see show up as of now.

I wouldn't be fully against it, but I don't want them really putting non X-Force members in the film. There's so many I don't see a reason too.

Last edited by def28; 08-26-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #132
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Apocalypse...

Old 08-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #133
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Apocalypse...
Definitely.

I consider him an X-Force villain as well as X-Men.

Last edited by def28; 08-26-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #134
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Apocalypse...
Should get his own film...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #135
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Should get his own film...
Yes but if he should be the big bad of this next era of x films, he should be built up. Have a cameo in some form teasing Age of Apocalypse. Then we open with an ancient Egypt flashback in aoa

Old 08-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #136
def28
Side-Kick

Agreed 100%

He needs to have a presence that suits his villain role. Just one film won't do it.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #137
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Cameo wise, guess it depends on the story and what they do with the characters. Or if X-Force has to do with the actual X-Men team at all. If Warpath is cool in DOFP, I'd like to see him return since he's a major X-Force character. He's one of my favorites. I'm also fine with Wolverine showing up since I would rather seem him in X-Force now. So I guess those are the two I'd like to see show up as of now.

I wouldn't be fully against it, but I don't want them really putting non X-Force members in the film. There's so many I don't see a reason too.
If Wolverine isnt an actual member on this spin-off, I guess a Wolverine cameo is highly unlikely.

But if it was up to me, Id put a Cyclops cameo above anyone else. Of course taking into account a possible return at the end of DOFP.

Id love to see a scene where the audience learn that Cyclops know the existence of X-Force and is in contact with Cable. You know, a little scene where Cable informs Scott about a certain event or how is the team doing.

Something like that would be pretty cool and would give Scott a little more development in the long term. Telling us the audience that he is the leader in the new present and he is in control of current situation and what kind of missions these mutants have right now.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #138
def28
Side-Kick

I'd be cool with a Scott cameo if they wanna connect him with Cable. That would be pretty awesome actually. I just wouldn't want an full on X-Men VS X-Force scenario quite yet. Down the line that would be very cool. Just exploring the difference in morality would be fun to watch imo.

Last edited by def28; 08-26-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #139
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, the possible crossover should come later. But connecting the series already with Scott and Cable knowing each other would be awesome, without doubt.

it would be one of those "straight from the comics" moment

but knowing our luck, Im afraid we wont get it. At least not on X-Force 1.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #140
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, I'm just assuming they are not having Scott and Cable connected. Would be great if they did. But it's probably best not to get hopes up just with how this franchise has treated family members.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #141
Angamb
Banned User

oh, I wasnt meaning being father and son, but connected in the sense of knowing each other, and X-Force being authorized by Cyclops.

Thats an easy cameo right there.

Old 08-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #142
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

AOA could be an event film but what other stories? Days of Future Present?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Old 08-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #143
Loki882
Side-Kick

I think that a Wolverine cameo in XF is pretty likely. He has a connection to the team, but they may not want him actually on the team, so this is a nice compromise.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:39 PM   #144
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

One thing i'd love is the opposite of an 'event' film.

A small personal movie without a clear-cut villian that tells a story of young & scared and angry runaway Mutants in the underbelly of society. Those who slipped through the cracks that show the other side of the coin to Xaviers retreat. They'd go through lots of deep emotional hardships and some would make it to the Mansion and be taken in but others not lucky enough to survive in time.

Quote:
I don't consider First Class a spinoff...its more like the next 'phase' of X-films. Because I don't consider DOFP part spinoff part 'real' xmen movie....

X3 ended with a fake happy ending and we took a detour to the past in FC to give us backstory and to set up DOFP. The Wolverine is kind of a spinoff slash solo adventure mini x film to bring us back from the FC era to present time post X3 and to also further set up DOFP.

Now DOFP to me feels like the 'event' film of this phase, after FC and TW.

So imo, Phase 1: X1, X2, X3
Phase 2: FC, TW, DOFP

XMOW doesn't belong to anything, it was a failed experiment.
I agree with this. Remindsme of the Metal Gear Solid franchise.

Two games, then an origin game then a fourth game that ties them together

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 08-26-2013 at 10:46 PM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:16 AM   #145
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Apocalypse...
I hope they save him for the X-Men.
Quote:
I'm not calling you a troll because I disagree with your opinion. It's because of the spamming. People are not even arguing against your opinion about spinn offs. That's why you keep seeing everytime you mention the subject. It's been done over an over so its pointless. You don't seem to understand what that means. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flogging_a_dead_horse

If you think your not posting the same thing over and over your flat out wrong. You do this in every thread, won't stop and just repeat yourself even when someone is not replying to you. Enough people have complained. It's not your opinion thats the problem it's the spamming. Thats why your getting close to troll territory.
You are entitled to your own opinion. And you are the one who are trying to piss people off especially your comments towards with me. I never get personal but you and Angamb do.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 08-27-2013 at 12:20 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #146
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Yes they should save Apocalypse for X-Men but it would be cool to have hints and forshadowong beforehand. Like Thanos in MCU

Old 08-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #147
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

X-Men + F4 v.s Apocalypse?

Old 08-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #148
def28
Side-Kick

Hopefully no.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #149
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Hopefully no.
I could see FOX doing it though.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:25 PM   #150
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
I could see FOX doing it though.
I really don't see the F4 being significantly thrown in the mix for awhile. AOA I think will start being set up pretty quick though. IMO An AOA with X-Force+X-Men seems way more likely to me. No reason to shoehorn the F4 in there that I can see.