The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 08-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Khonshu
Side-Kick

Default Who dies?

Given Joss's recent comments about the potential death of a major Avenger... which MAJOR character do you think could die... and how/why?

My front-runner would be Cap, though I think it's unlikely. Of all of the Avengers, Cap seems to be the most dated character, and the least likely to continue the international franchise success that others have had. (Though I'm really pulling for Winter Soldier to be a hit.) Steve seems like the "Wash" of this team so far... His character-type wouldn't be averse to a noble self-sacrifice (again).

What do you think?

Khonshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who dies?

I think they will Han Solo a major Avenger. I could see them killing off ancillary characters like SHIELD agents. The Avengers are untouchable me thinks. Every one of them, at least for part II. Part III is when they can start axing people for good.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 AM   #3
djsunyc
Side-Kick

They can't kill Cap b/c the Civil War story is too huge and potential blockbuster future movie set to throw away.

I think you can off Black Widow or Hawkeye as they really won't be able to carry a solo film.

Although, if they do go the Han Solo route, then I can see the Hulk being obliterated into outer space...only to land on another planet to kick off the World War Hulk story.

djsunyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #4
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

BW or HE. I really hope it´s BW.

Mightyally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
Mr. Dent
Banned User

No one actually important.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

^ yeah. Nothing Whedon said in that interview actually suggests he will kill someone off.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #7
Drizzle
Assemble Again

I feel like Hawkeye will be a goner.....in Avengers 3. I don't think they'll kill off anyone from the team in Age of Ultron. At least not for good. I could see them "killing off" Cap and having him come back, though. I could also see Nick Fury dying when all is said and done.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
Dasher10
Side-Kick

It's probably Hawkeye. He has the most useless skillset of any Avenger and he'll never get his own solo film. I'd bank on a Black Widow or War Machine film before Hawkeye gets one. Joss is probably going to flesh him out, make him likable and then get him killed by Ultron which will resolve the love triangle with Cap and Black Widow.

Like I can't imagine an Avengers film without Iron Man and Captain America. Thor probably won't die until a Ragnarok film comes, Black Widow dying will piss off all the female fans and kids love Hulk too much for him to perish. That leaves Hawkeye with the noose around his neck.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #9
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
It's probably Hawkeye. He has the most useless skillset of any Avenger and he'll never get his own solo film. I'd bank on a Black Widow or War Machine film before Hawkeye gets one. Joss is probably going to flesh him out, make him likable and then get him killed by Ultron which will resolve the love triangle with Cap and Black Widow.

Like I can't imagine an Avengers film without Iron Man and Captain America. Thor probably won't die until a Ragnarok film comes, Black Widow dying will piss off all the female fans and kids love Hulk too much for him to perish. That leaves Hawkeye with the noose around his neck.
The what?!

Wine-N-Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #10
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Uncle Ben dies.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 07:54 PM   #11
Chewy
REDACTED

Quicksilver gets stuffed in the fridge

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
Loki882
Side-Kick

It won't be BW since we have exactly ONE female superhero in the MCU (SW makes two, still not enough). It wont be Hawkeye since he's gotten the least amount of screentime/development, so killing him off (and wasting Jeremy Renner) would be pointless and lazy. I'm guessing that Nick Fury may die. That way, Maria Hill would become Director of SHIELD and add new complications in the MCU. I could also potentially see IM dying.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #13
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Nobody dies in AoU, but in A3 Whedon will go buck wild and kill off every single Avenger. It's canon. Just read (or re-read) The Infinity Gauntlet. But no worries because they all come back to life at the end. That's canon, too. That's also called having and eating your cake and would be the apotheosis of Whedon's career.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #14
Loki882
Side-Kick

I could see several Avengers dying in the third film for real. It would show the threat of Thanos and allow for other Avengers from the comics to be introduce in future films.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #15
babykhris
Side-Kick

No one is going to die. Marvel has character who all can spin off to create more franchises. Who dies I'm going with ULTRON!!!

babykhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:33 PM   #16
TheJediBrah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
It won't be BW since we have exactly ONE female superhero in the MCU (SW makes two, still not enough). It wont be Hawkeye since he's gotten the least amount of screentime/development, so killing him off (and wasting Jeremy Renner) would be pointless and lazy. I'm guessing that Nick Fury may die. That way, Maria Hill would become Director of SHIELD and add new complications in the MCU. I could also potentially see IM dying.
RDJ has already signed on for Avengers 3, so probably not

TheJediBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:55 PM   #17
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I could see several Avengers dying in the third film for real. It would show the threat of Thanos and allow for other Avengers from the comics to be introduce in future films.
Why would they need to mass slaughter Avengers so they can introduce others? All they would need to do is send some heroes off on solo adventures, explain that they were leaving for personal reasons, retiring, etc., just as in the comics. Killing off characters is short-sighted, especially when they have so much potential.

The idea that Marvel would kill off Iron Man (or any of the Big Four) is particularly strange. Tony Stark is Marvel's most successful solo hero and starred in the highest-grossing solo superhero film. They're not going to kill that golden goose off. Not only would Disney fire everyone who tried it, but there is no precedent in canon for it. There is also no need. Feige has already said that Marvel will recast the role instead of rebooting it, and that they don't see their franchises as finite trilogies. Fans may want Stark's blood for whatever bizarre reason but they're not going to get it.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:28 AM   #18
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine-N-Cheese View Post
The what?!
Black Widow likes Hawkeye. There's also pics of her kissing Cap in Cap 2. This is obviously going to create a rivalry between Cap and Hawkeye.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:54 AM   #19
Silvermoth
Avenger

I could see nick fury faking his own death to go underground (but not literally underground)

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #20
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Hopefully, it's Hawkeye...in the opening credits...and none of the other Avengers realize it until the bonus scene during the closing credits...where they shrug and continue playing Monopoly.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:37 AM   #21
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I assume with the addition of Frank Grillo, Cap will be the one to die. And Bucky will be there to replace/avenge him for Cap 3. I'm about 50/50 on the matter at the moment. My secondary guess is that no one dies.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:46 AM   #22
smallville fan
Hero

Maria Hill

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:42 PM   #23
Victarion
Cut

Probably Iron Man. It seems like Downey JR wants off the wild ride.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #24
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Probably Iron Man. It seems like Downey JR wants off the wild ride.
He's signed on for AoU and A3

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #25
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

Ultron.