3 - 3.5 1 0.69%
2 - 2.5 1 0.69%
1 - 1.5 5 3.45%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #401
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Default Re: *Update* Your Rating for TASM

Seen it about 4 times on blu-ray now, never saw it in a theater, fearing a useless sucky reboot.

I give this a solid 9, like I did with The Wolverine.

TASM just had me. I can't compliment the casting enough. I like Garfield, I love Stone (for once Spider-man's love interest isn't a damsel in distress or a useless idiot with trivial problems), I like Ifans and I absolutely love Sheen and Field. Martin Sheen and Sally Field were amazing. You could sense the warmth, the love. I was teary-eyed like a girl in the end when Peter comes home and Sally Field releases a buttload of emotion without a single spoken word. I was never this moved by a Spider-man movie.

Yes, I also loved the music, the action, the web slingers, how the movie handled "SM's identity and does anyone get to know about it" - subplot. Very pleased that I didn't feel, not even once, that I was being forced to care about something I don't after three previous movies.

I still think Spider-Man 2 is pretty close with this, these are the best Spider-man movies for me. No challengers.

Tehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #402
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

TASM isn't without its flaws, i mean there are some scratch your head moments and it is by no means the perfect film but for me the positives outweigh the flaws

i'l always put it above raimi's films, the cast are better and i like the grounded approach and webb adds some nice touches that is very new to comic book movies

plus a wisecracking spider-man

Old 08-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #403
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
TASM isn't without its flaws, i mean there are some scratch your head moments and it is by no means the perfect film but for me the positives outweigh the flaws
You have the lab rat scene and Peter bending the goal post, as well as the computer being laid out revealing Dr. Connor's plan, but otherwise I think the movie doesn't have many more scratch your head moments. BUt I agree that the positives outweigh the flaws.

Quote:
i'l always put it above raimi's films, the cast are better and i like the grounded approach and webb adds some nice touches that is very new to comic book movies

plus a wisecracking spider-man
I'd place it above SM1 and SM3, but beneath SM2.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:52 AM   #404
Morbius
Living Vampire

Very condensed version, as i'm supposed to be working...

Wonderful music, iconic Peter Parker, some missed opportunities, issues with pacing, obviously rushed in some key areas, has a lot of heart, redeemed itself by the end of the movie.

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #405
Loki882
Side-Kick

There was not one bad performance in this movie, everyone was extremely well cast. That is really unusual. Heck, even Flash and Crane dad got some characterization and the actors were really good.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:07 AM   #406
Morbius
Living Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
There was not one bad performance in this movie, everyone was extremely well cast. That is really unusual. Heck, even Flash and Crane dad got some characterization and the actors were really good.
I LOVED how Flash and Crane dad were played in the movie. One of my major issues is the pacing itself of the movie - it didn't 'flow' very well, and I certainly had issues with a fully-gifted intellect Lizard.

The Crane Scene is one of my favourite pieces of cinema though, and I really hope they do more of this kind of heartfelt 'struggle through pain and physical injury to be a hero' type thing in TASM2. The music that accompanied that scene was hair-raising!

Morbius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #407
Loki882
Side-Kick

The Lizard as some mindless monster would have been a incredibly boring threat. I was extremely pleased that he still had intelligence, but that it had been twisted to a horrifying purpose.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #408
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

7.5 or an 8 on quality

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #409
Smegger56
The Smegginator

I still love it. Still and 8-9 out of 10.

I do think the train sequence where he first uses his powers feels awkward and forced and that the Ben death scene felt clunky. But loved it still. I said I'll wait a year to really see if it still holds up. And it does.

Smegger56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #410
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger56 View Post
I still love it. Still and 8-9 out of 10.

I do think the train sequence where he first uses his powers feels awkward and forced and that the Ben death scene felt clunky. But loved it still. I said I'll wait a year to really see if it still holds up. And it does.
Same. Even after a year ASM really holds up and my rating of an 8 remains intact.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #411
Arrowhead
Webhead

8/10 would probably fit for me. I've seen this film quite a bit (10 or so times). I love Spidey. I'm a bit of a fanboy, so I usually want to rate the films higher than what they probably are. When I first saw the film, I really liked it, but was feeling a bit weird leaving the theater. Maybe because I've seen so much footage before hand. The flaws the film have don't bother me too much, but there are a number of scenes that I don't enjoy. They aren't necessarily cheesy or corny, but just feel weird. Maybe a little bit cringe-worthy (subway scene, basketball scene, football post, sewer rat, Peter and Captain Stacy police station scene). Mostly quick humor stuff, but most of it fell flat imo.

But again, I look past most of the flaws to see all the goodness

The casting, acting, tone, direction, most of the score.

I tend to dig deeper in a Spidey film to try and find the perfect rating. I've had it at a 10/10, a 9/10. But I think overall I feel comfortable giving the film an 8/10.

EDIT: And even though I think there are a few better Comic Book Films (The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, The Avengers). The Amazing Spider-Man is probably still my favorite to watch. All because of Spidey. Like I said, maybe I'm a bit of a fanboy

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man (TV) 2. Arrow (TV) 3. Batman: TAS (TV) 4. The Dark Knight 5. Batman Begins 6. The Wolverine 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8. The Avengers 9. Spider-Man 2 10. The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Last edited by Arrowhead; 11-11-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Arrowhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #412
RyDog

I'd give it an 8/10. Great movie all around and without a doubt my favorite Spiderman film so far. For a reboot with an origin story that had been done not too long ago, it felt fresh and exciting and I personally thought TASM did it better than the Raimi version. Great flick; I'm anxiously awaiting the sequels.

RyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #413
Picard Sisko

I actually like the subway and basketball scenes in the film. The cringe-worthy scenes IMO are the football post and Police station ones.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 11-29-2013, 11:59 PM   #414
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

8.5/10 for me.

Ifans performance is one of the tragically underrated ones in the comic book film realm. He delivered one of the best interpretations of the Hyde/Jekyll Tarot Card. Sheen was good, but underused (an additional scene would have worked wonders.) Still a good film. I am beyond pumped for the second.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #415
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I actually like the subway and basketball scenes in the film. The cringe-worthy scenes IMO are the football post and Police station ones.
Hey, welcome back man. Been awhile since we've seen you on here. I really enjoyed both the subway and basketball scenes as well. The football post wasn't really a cringe-worthy moment for me as much as it as a wtf moment. As in, 'did that just happen?' The police station scene with Peter and Capt Stacy was def awkward. I thought the scene itself was fine but it felt more like a rought take of it. I think it would have been fine had they maybe shot it a few more times and got the performances a bit tighter.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:56 AM   #416
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
Hey, welcome back man. Been awhile since we've seen you on here. I really enjoyed both the subway and basketball scenes as well. The football post wasn't really a cringe-worthy moment for me as much as it as a wtf moment. As in, 'did that just happen?' The police station scene with Peter and Capt Stacy was def awkward. I thought the scene itself was fine but it felt more like a rought take of it. I think it would have been fine had they maybe shot it a few more times and got the performances a bit tighter.
Thanks man

Yeah, I agree about the police station scene. If only they did a few more takes it could have been better. "He's transformed himself into a giant lizard… he's using Lizard DNA…" That scene just didn't work.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #417
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

This film is a very mixed bag, and my opinion on it hasn't really changed since my review last year. On a 5 point scale, this movie gets either a 2.5 or a 3. Some really great parts of the movie, but mixed with complete and utter crap. This series changes the dynamic of the Spider-Man mythos very heavily IMO, and for every moment it gets right, it follows ut up with something stupid. The script for this movie needed a lot of work, and I sadly see TASM2 getting bogged down by the same mistakes.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #418
Picard Sisko

Yet you gave Iron Man 3 a rating of 4/5? You criticized TASM for changing the dynamics of the Spider-Man mythos, yet that's pretty much the same thing Iron Man 3 did.

Old 01-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #419
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

I will always and forever say that this movie would be better if its presence in the mcu was established.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post

the very name "Xbox One" = the original Xbox.

Last edited by XtremelyBaneful; 01-08-2014 at 06:12 PM.
XtremelyBaneful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:41 PM   #420
Picard Sisko

I like Spider-Man better in his own universe to be honest. The MCU is good for characters who don't have many great villains or storylines and sort of co-depend on each other. Would anyone really care about Captain America or Thor if they didn't take place in the MCU?

Old 01-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #421
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
I like Spider-Man better in his own universe to be honest. The MCU is good for characters who don't have many great villains or storylines and sort of co-depend on each other. Would anyone really care about Captain America or Thor if they didn't take place in the MCU?
Me too. I'm happy to have Spider-man in his own world, without cameos.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #422
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
This film is a very mixed bag, and my opinion on it hasn't really changed since my review last year. On a 5 point scale, this movie gets either a 2.5 or a 3. Some really great parts of the movie, but mixed with complete and utter crap. This series changes the dynamic of the Spider-Man mythos very heavily IMO, and for every moment it gets right, it follows ut up with something stupid. The script for this movie needed a lot of work, and I sadly see TASM2 getting bogged down by the same mistakes.
I would agree with all that.

We are T. H. E. M.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #423
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Quote:
spiderman wasn't in his own universe in the comics. he was part of the whole marvel universe and cinematically he should be too.

Quote:

Old 01-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #424
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
spiderman wasn't in his own universe in the comics. he was part of the whole marvel universe and cinematically he should be too.
We could name all the differences between the comics and the movies. The list wouldn't end.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #425
XtremelyBaneful
...it would be, for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Pleasury View Post
We could name all the differences between the comics and the movies. The list wouldn't end.
yeah but I don't care because there wouldn't have been movies if the comics weren't there first. as well, spiderman coexists with several supervillains in his cinematic universe simultaneously so there's no reason he can't also coexist with other superheroes, as the marvel cinematic universe marvelously displays.

spidey belongs in there.

Quote: