The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 08-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #51
Nathan

Default Re: War Machine Better Be in This One

I definitely want to see War Machine, Falcon, and whoever else they have around the time, in the Movie. They definitely don't need a lot of screen time. But if Ultron poses a global threat, I'd definitely like to see them during the action sequences, as they fight off Ultron, and maybe a possible Ultron Army. Maybe buying time for the main Avengers, to stop the real Ultron.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #52
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
The last thing he did was destroy the suits and walk off into the sunset. Tony without the suit is not Iron Man. He can't shoot repulsors, fly, fire missiles, fight Thor or do any Iron Man stuff as Tony Stark. He can say whatever the hell he wants but without the suit he's not Iron Man
The last thing he did was pick up a screwdriver and haul one of the dummy bots away. He's not quitting, he's starting fresh. Hence the suits destruction being under the "clean slate protocol".

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? - Bill Hicks
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #53
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

At least a Cameo of War Machine would be Cool.

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #54
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddlerTheDalek View Post
At least a Cameo of War Machine would be Cool.
Not going to disagree with that. I wouldn't mind if Rhodey and some of the others served a cameo role as The Cavalry, or as people holding the line offscreen, or such.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #55
Nathan

Exactly. I just find it silly that you have those people on your payroll, and then when the **** hits the fan, suddenly they are nowhere around. Apparently they don't even exist, as no one even thinks of them for an extra pair of helping hands, as innocent people die left and right.

Old 08-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #56
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

He shouldn't appear at all during the actual movie. Then in a post-credits humor scene, Tony walks into a room where Rhodey is lounging and says "where the **** were you?" And Rhodey says [insert punchline here]

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:11 PM   #57
CyclopsWasRight
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

War Machine is more interesting and useful in a fight than Hawkeye and Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
The last thing he did was pick up a screwdriver and haul one of the dummy bots away. He's not quitting, he's starting fresh. Hence the suits destruction being under the "clean slate protocol".
That makes alot of sense, i stand corrected

CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #58
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
It makes sense storywise.

Tony blew up his armours and essentially quit being "Iron Man" so it would flow natually for him to pass the role onto rhodey and support him from the sidelines.

Plus it'd let Rhodey continue as a character (he's been in more movies than all of the Avengers) and give some much needed diversity to the team
seriously, I don't want to be insulting, but where does your line of thinking come from?

First off, I already explained why it would be stupid and suicidal for Marvel to hand off the franchise to Rhodey.

Second, the Avengers movies, Marvel no doubt paid Robert Downey Jr ton and I mean a sh- ton of cash to return for part 2 & 3. You really think they're going to be paying him all that money for him to sit back on the sidelines and NOT be Iron Man? You really think the audience is going to be wanting to watch the movies if RDJ is not in the armor?

If they want diversity, throw in latinos, middle easterners and asians. And not just for superhero roles, but for other roles. The MCU has been the worst by far when it comes to casting actors and actresses that aren't white and black.

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019
Iron_Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #59
CyclopsWasRight
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
First off, I already explained why it would be stupid and suicidal for Marvel to hand off the franchise to Rhodey..
In your opinion

Many think marvel are stupid not to greenlight and Iron Man 4 considering the amount of money it made.

Many think it's stupid of Marvel to make a movie with a talking Racoon.

Many think it's stupid to underpay your actors when the universe is a house of cards depending on them.

Stupidity can also mean taking calculatd risks

CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #60
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Double post

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019

Last edited by Iron_Stark; 08-27-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #61
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
seriously, I don't want to be insulting, but where does your line of thinking come from?

First off, I already explained why it would be stupid and suicidal for Marvel to hand off the franchise to Rhodey.

Second, the Avengers movies, Marvel no doubt paid Robert Downey Jr ton and I mean a sh- ton of cash to return for part 2 & 3. You really think they're going to be paying him all that money for him to sit back on the sidelines and NOT be Iron Man? You really think the audience is going to be wanting to watch the movies if RDJ is not in the armor?

If they want diversity, throw in latinos, middle easterners and asians. And not just for superhero roles, but for other roles. The MCU has been the worst by far when it comes to casting actors and actresses that aren't white and black.
double post dude lol, weird, two hours later.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #62
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
I don't think they are doing that bad

Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin/Trevor, Kenneth Choi as Howling Commando Jim Morita, Tadanobu Satō as Hogun, David Bautista as Drax, Zoe Saladana as Gamora, Benicio Del Toro as The Collector, Faran Tahir as Raza, Shaun Toub as Yinsen.

That is a pretty diverse list.

Old 08-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #63
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Triple post.

Damn I hate posting with my phone, something like this always happens.

_PART I____PART II
MAY 2018__MAY 2019

Last edited by Iron_Stark; 08-27-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #64
Nathan

What the hell...

Old 08-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #65
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
I don't think they are doing that bad

Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin/Trevor, Kenneth Choi as Howling Commando Jim Morita, Tadanobu Satō as Hogun, David Bautista as Drax, Zoe Saladana as Gamora, Benicio Del Toro as The Collector, Faran Tahir as Raza, Shaun Toub as Yinsen.

That is a pretty diverse list.
It's mainly the Avengers, not GOTG or Warriors 3.

And I think we're done with the Howling Commandos for MCU, except for maybe Dum Dum Dugan.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #66
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

War Machine isn't going to be in Avengers 2, the movie seems pretty crowded as it is. But I can see him showing up in Avengers 3. It's going to take every super hero possible to take on Thanos.

I do think the Avengers need some diversity outside of Nick Fury (everyone seems to forget that a black dude put the team together). But I don't think we'll see that until Avengers 3 with Black Panther & maybe Wasp. War Machine, Falcon & whoever else will be in the movie, but I don't think they'll be actual team members or do much outside of action scenes.

Last edited by Spider-Vader; 08-28-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Spider-Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #67
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
War Machine isn't going to be in Avengers 2, the movie seems pretty crowded as it is. But I can see him showing up in Avengers 3. It's going to take every super hero possible to take on Thanos.

I do think the Avengers need some diversity outside of Nick Fury (everyone seems to forget that a black dude put the team together). But I don't think we'll see that until Avengers 3 with Black Panther & maybe Wasp. War Machine, Falcon & whoever else will be in the movie, but I don't think they'll be actual team members or do much outside of action scenes.
I see Black Panther, Ultimate Wasp (if they go that route), War Machine and Falcon in Avengers 3. I don't think we'll see Luke Cage, at least not until Phase 4 and we won't ever see Monica Rambeau. I think that they could cast a Latino actor as Dr. Strange (not saying that they will but they might).

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 08-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #68
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post

Won't Avengers 3 be even more crowded? Especially as Ultron will likely effect Rhodey, I see him either cameoing or being distinctly mentioned. I don't see another comic prequel explanation for his absence.

The MCU has tons of diversity outside of the Avengers, no doubt about that. I strongly suspect we'll see Falcon in Avengers 2 in a Hawkeye-sized role.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #69
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Won't Avengers 3 be even more crowded? Especially as Ultron will likely effect Rhodey, I see him either cameoing or being distinctly mentioned. I don't see another comic prequel explanation for his absence.

The MCU has tons of diversity outside of the Avengers, no doubt about that. I strongly suspect we'll see Falcon in Avengers 2 in a Hawkeye-sized role.
Would he be Falcon or Shield Agent Sam Wilson?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #70
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
The last thing he did was destroy the suits and walk off into the sunset. Tony without the suit is not Iron Man. He can't shoot repulsors, fly, fire missiles, fight Thor or do any Iron Man stuff as Tony Stark. He can say whatever the hell he wants but without the suit he's not Iron Man
but Iron Mans superpower isn't repulsor blasts or firing missiles, it's his intellect. Tony IS Iron Man. everyone else? just a person in a Iron Man suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I definitely want to see War Machine, Falcon, and whoever else they have around the time, in the Movie. They definitely don't need a lot of screen time. But if Ultron poses a global threat, I'd definitely like to see them during the action sequences, as they fight off Ultron, and maybe a possible Ultron Army. Maybe buying time for the main Avengers, to stop the real Ultron.
Loki posed a global threat. the Avengers did fine without Rhodey

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:34 PM   #71
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Loki posed a global threat. the Avengers did fine without Rhodey
And what do they do when the threat can't be contained to a couple blocks?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #72
Blake II
Banned User

Quote:
If they want diversity, they should bring in Latino and Asian supers to the team and movies. As it is, they are ridiculously underrepresented in the movies even in supporting roles.

The only ones I can think of are Hogun, the asian reporter in the Hulk movie and the Latino fruit vendor in Iron Man 2.
I think we're good without that much diversity

Blake II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:35 PM   #73
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Would he be Falcon or Shield Agent Sam Wilson?
If there's a difference: Falcon. And it's not just the Avengers Assemble part of the cartoon, Falcon has popped up a lot more in the past three or four years than he has in the previous ten or fifteen. And the fact that he's a character that requires virtually no explanation, hardly more than Hawkeye in the MCU, and further, that you have to actually go out of your way to explain why he's not there, as he's likely a SHIELD agent and close with Cap and Fury... he's a bit of a shoe in, at least, as much as Black Widow was.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:22 AM   #74
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Won't Avengers 3 be even more crowded?
I'm going to assume Avengers 3 will focus on the core Avengers, but feature cameos from all of the super heroes featured in the MCU. The Avengers themselves can't take on Thanos & win.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #75
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

I think MCU Rhoades is allergic to the color green and to hammers, so he can't join them.

On a more serious note I think that supporting characters in solo movies will at most just be mentioned. There's just not room for them to do much relevant things in the story with new Avengers coming in, and likely not in the budget either if we're talking about heroes that require visual effects (as Hulk scenes got limited by budget in the first one).

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote