The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #51
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post

Could be an interesting cameo. I don't see them saddling a Black Panther film director with a main actor that they have no influence in casting. I suspect, if we see a Black Panther, it will be T'Chaka... it's also possible that he might die here, which would be weird going forward as well.

Now... if Whedon has actual plans for T'Challa and is going to make him an "Avengers character" like Hawkeye, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, then, hey, go for it.
Either way, there's going to be a movie of him.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 08-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #52
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

If a Black Panther appears in the movie, I hope it's T'Chaka. Then we see T'Challa become the Panther in his own movie; I'd be disappointed if T'Challa is already king & he doesn't join the Avengers.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #53
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Either way, there's going to be a movie of him.
I wouldn't bet so strongly on that.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #54
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

I want Peter Parker/Spiderman cameo in Avengers 2 But underdog...

Old 08-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #55
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

If only...

Old 08-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #56
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I wouldn't bet so strongly on that.
So, how would you go about adding diversity to the Avengers? I don't think adding War Machine and Falcon would be popular options, but if they don't ever plan on adding Black Panther, Monica Rambeau or Luke Cage or Ultimate Janet Pym, it's the only way to go.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10

Last edited by Dr. Evil; 08-28-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #57
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Where did you see it??
I cant post leaked material

Old 08-28-2013, 04:51 PM   #58
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
So, how would you go about adding diversity to the Avengers? I don't think adding War Machine and Falcon would be popular options, but if they don't ever plan on adding Black Panther, Monica Rambeau or Luke Cage or Ultimate Janet Pym, it's the only way to go.
Introduce him in the Avengers itself...it doesn't take his own movie. And honestly I don't think too many people are counting how many black people are on the team. :/

Old 08-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #59
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
I cant post leaked material
PM please???

Old 08-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #60
wonderwoman5757
Side-Kick

could i get a pm too?

Old 08-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #61
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Introduce him in the Avengers itself...it doesn't take his own movie. And honestly I don't think too many people are counting how many black people are on the team. :/
That's a lot to explain for a small character. Hawkeye and Black Widow where kinda just... soldiers and spies. Stuff that has a one word explanation. There is no 'what is a bow, how does he use it so well.' It's all very obvious and intuitive and naturally grounded because it's so real. The others had movies to introduce themselves in. Black Panther is superhuman, but why? He has all this epic technology but why? He has all these uber martial arts... from where? He has this regal attitude and authority... but did he earn that, or is he just a spoiled brat? If this Wakanda has all this vibranium, how come we haven't heard of them before? He's a really, really, bad character to try and represent well in twelve minutes of screen time.

As for diversity... when I google "Avengers diversity" I get a number of results that suggest a vast array of people with a number of different motivations and perspectives have all noticed that all of the Avengers are white. Going a step further, the only female is non-powered, and further, she wasn't even supposed to be there save for Whedon fighting for her to be there. So, yeah, those balances, for various reasons, matter, and are worth resolving. It's different for the JLA that really does have a token female and a token black guy, but the Avengers have a number of non-whites that have historically and popularly been part of the team... expecting them to be included in an awesome vitally important way makes sense.

Last edited by DrCosmic; 08-28-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #62
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

Haven't been paying attention to "insider information" or anything like that but I had this idea that the plot for Avengers 2 could be similar to Whedon's arc on Astonishing X-Men where a sentient A.I. (Danger, Ultron) attempts to murder their creators.

If Vision were in the movie I think he'd be used similar to how the Genosha Sentinel was used in the arc: a weapon of destruction that feels empathy and turns on Danger/Ultron.

2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
Old 08-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #63
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
That's a lot to explain for a small character. Hawkeye and Black Widow where kinda just... soldiers and spies. Stuff that has a one word explanation. There is no 'what is a bow, how does he use it so well.' It's all very obvious and intuitive and naturally grounded because it's so real. The others had movies to introduce themselves in. Black Panther is superhuman, but why? He has all this epic technology but why? He has all these uber martial arts... from where? He has this regal attitude and authority... but did he earn that, or is he just a spoiled brat? If this Wakanda has all this vibranium, how come we haven't heard of them before? He's a really, really, bad character to try and represent well in twelve minutes of screen time.
You're thinking more about how they can't and not how they can. Having a film set in Wakanda would pretty much answer most of those questions. Not every new character in an Avenger film has to be glossed over like Hawkeye and Widow were, the Maximoffs won't. There's no reason to believe if he's ever in an Avengers film Black Panther would only have 12 minutes of screentime. Obviously he'd have much more than that. :/

Quote:
As for diversity... when I google "Avengers diversity" I get a number of results that suggest a vast array of people with a number of different motivations and perspectives have all noticed that all of the Avengers are white. Going a step further, the only female is non-powered, and further, she wasn't even supposed to be there save for Whedon fighting for her to be there. So, yeah, those balances, for various reasons, matter, and are worth resolving. It's different for the JLA that really does have a token female and a token black guy, but the Avengers have a number of non-whites that have historically and popularly been part of the team... expecting them to be included in an awesome vitally important way makes sense.
Because a couple google pings to forums and fansites show the public is just clamoring and lamenting the lack of diversity in their 2 hour superhero ensemble.

I'm not saying they shouldn't obviously but it's not something I would call an issue that they should go out of their way to address.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #64
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

You're overcomplicating it. The Avengers create Ultron. It's that simple. Joss is not some cryptic speaker who refuses to do things that have been done before. What makes Tony Stark not Frankenstien is that Ultron is created by the Avengers... it's a team effort, it's personal to all of them. ((Side note: That is SO much better than one person being the creator, and thus, bearing all the emotional relevance during the climax of a film that's supposed to be a team thing.)) And JARVIS has already been HAL9000 in IM3... now it's time to take it a step further, which will be awesome.
How is "Stark creates cybernetically implanted Iron Man armor inside his own body; evil AI hacks in and takes over" overcomplicating it? That's a lot more straightforward and easy for audiences to swallow than trying to come up with a logical reason that The Avengers would pool their resources to create a killer robot that even they can't defeat for a government agency they don't even remotely trust.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #65
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Unleash the Fanboy posted an article on Age of Ultron.

A source of there's "confirmed" that Ultron is in fact JARVIS/created from the some technology, thought he didn't specify.

Also, Paul Bettany is seemingly back for one, or both, roles.

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movi...f-ultron/69271

Old 08-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #66
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:

I was going to respond to him, but you took the words right out of my mouth. With SW and QS already on board, there's no time to include the amount of story you'd need for BP.

Also, yes, the Avengers are hurting for a more diverse squad. In a bad way.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #67
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
You're thinking more about how they can't and not how they can. Having a film set in Wakanda would pretty much answer most of those questions. Not every new character in an Avenger film has to be glossed over like Hawkeye and Widow were, the Maximoffs won't. There's no reason to believe if he's ever in an Avengers film Black Panther would only have 12 minutes of screentime. Obviously he'd have much more than that. :/
The main reason I believe that is because the films are... crowded, and apparently will only become moreso. Someone is only getting twelve minutes of screentime, new guys, especially those being introduced for the first time in a team up movie are the likliest sacrifices.

Yes, a Wakandan adventure would answer the problem for Black Panther, but, that has kind of the same problem as a Hank-Pym Ultron, you make a team up movie about one new less-popular character and it limits the story. A stop/scene in Wakanda could be awesome, an Avengers movie set in Wakanda is just way too limited, in scope and scale, imho.

Quote:
Because a couple google pings to forums and fansites show the public is just clamoring and lamenting the lack of diversity in their 2 hour superhero ensemble.

I'm not saying they shouldn't obviously but it's not something I would call an issue that they should go out of their way to address.
A couple, a million, Forbes, fansites, potato-potahto. It's not life or death obviously, but it's part of adapting something for modern audiences. I would call it an issue that needs to be addressed, as much as any of the 'minute' things about filmmaking that can take a movie from good to great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
How is "Stark creates cybernetically implanted Iron Man armor inside his own body; evil AI hacks in and takes over" overcomplicating it? That's a lot more straightforward and easy for audiences to swallow than trying to come up with a logical reason that The Avengers would pool their resources to create a killer robot that even they can't defeat for a government agency they don't even remotely trust.
Creating armor inside of a human body definitely sounds complicated, it sounds physically impossible...and what makes AI evil... isn't AI by definition utterly logical and morally void? It sounds like you want Hal and Frankenstein a great deal.

Why would anyone come up with a logical reason for your personal assumptions? "The Avengers create Ultron" could be a dozen different things from Thor pushing JARVIS past his limits to Cap turning over Tony's armory to SHIELD. The point of Ultron is that he's not intentional, but he is borne entirely out of the hero(es)'s well intentioned actions. That's why he works, that's why him being upset is so right.

An Ultron who bad guys or supporting characters have the heaviest hand in lacks all the emotional power of Ultron. Just because it's not Hank Pym doesn't mean you should ignore what makes the story great.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #68
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Black panther t'chaka is introduced in the 2nd act of A:AoU - something related to vibranium - he dies heroically in the 3rd act, and his son and the BP movie are teased in the mid credits scene.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72; 08-28-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #69
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
I want Peter Parker/Spiderman cameo in Avengers 2 But underdog...

It will happen.

Maybe not today, or maybe not tomorrow.

But it WILL HAPPEN!

No but seriously, I think Spidey is gonna show up in A3 for the all out war against Thanos.

Would be the best time, IMO.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 08-28-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #70
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Black panther t'chaka is introduced in the 2nd act of A:AoU - something related to vibranium - he dies heroically in the 3rd act, and his son and the BP movie are teased in the mid credits scene.
Don't play with my emotions, dude.

Last edited by DrCosmic; 08-28-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #71
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

Creating armor inside of a human body definitely sounds complicated, it sounds physically impossible...and what makes AI evil... isn't AI by definition utterly logical and morally void? It sounds like you want Hal and Frankenstein a great deal.
Almost everything in the superhero genre is physically impossible. Does suspension of disbelief miraculously vanish when you invent cybernetic armor? Besides, that's one of Tony's most popular and recognizable armors, and one that's transparently and inevitably obvious after the events of IM3 --- i.e., Extremis Armor.

As to whether or not an AI can become "evil" --- that's been the subject of a lot of science fiction, and could/would/should certainly be explored in a movie about Ultron.

Quote:
Why would anyone come up with a logical reason for your personal assumptions? "The Avengers create Ultron" could be a dozen different things from Thor pushing JARVIS past his limits to Cap turning over Tony's armory to SHIELD. The point of Ultron is that he's not intentional, but he is borne entirely out of the hero(es)'s well intentioned actions. That's why he works, that's why him being upset is so right.

An Ultron who bad guys or supporting characters have the heaviest hand in lacks all the emotional power of Ultron. Just because it's not Hank Pym doesn't mean you should ignore what makes the story great.
Granted; but making The Avengers look like a bunch of ****-ups doesn't lend emotional weight to the story, either ---- it just makes the heroes look like a bunch of ****-ups. "Ultron is YOUR problem, Avengers --- now fix it." Meanwhile, god only knows how many people have to die and how much property gets destroyed because our heroes accidentally (or worse: intentionally) created a monster. No amount of PR can restore public faith in The Avengers after something like that.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #72
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I was going to respond to him, but you took the words right out of my mouth. With SW and QS already on board, there's no time to include the amount of story you'd need for BP.

Also, yes, the Avengers are hurting for a more diverse squad. In a bad way.
I never said he'd be in Avengers 2. I meant an Avengers movie in general.

Quote:
The main reason I believe that is because the films are... crowded, and apparently will only become moreso. Someone is only getting twelve minutes of screentime, new guys, especially those being introduced for the first time in a team up movie are the likliest sacrifices.

Yes, a Wakandan adventure would answer the problem for Black Panther, but, that has kind of the same problem as a Hank-Pym Ultron, you make a team up movie about one new less-popular character and it limits the story. A stop/scene in Wakanda could be awesome, an Avengers movie set in Wakanda is just way too limited, in scope and scale, imho.
I see where you're coming from with the Hank Pym/Ultron comparison but I think a BP/Wakanda situation would be different. The Pym/Ultron thing doesn't make sense on a whole other level in the MCU because you'd be bringing in a character who's not an Avenger to make a villain that's supposed to come from within the Avengers, it's counterintuitive to the point of Ultron. With BP/Wakanda, it would be like a globe hopping adventure to a foreign land, and because Black Panther is so tied to Wakandan culture, he'd flow naturally as an element within the story without it feeling forced.

Quote:
A couple, a million, Forbes, fansites, potato-potahto. It's not life or death obviously, but it's part of adapting something for modern audiences. I would call it an issue that needs to be addressed, as much as any of the 'minute' things about filmmaking that can take a movie from good to great.
Avengers was great though. :/

I just don't see it as a problem. I'm black and I don't even care how many black people they have in it.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #73
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
We'll know for sure if two Black Actors are cast to appear in Age of Ultron and one of them isn't voicing Ultron.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:08 AM   #74
BrlntDsgse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
There would be a natural progression for Jarvis to evolve into a villainous artificial intelligence, especially when one considers the subplot of IM3: the fear/use of automated Iron Man suits. My question, however, is that if they give him a physical body, how are they going to make him indestructible? Since adamantium is owned by Fox, they would be hard pressed to make him withstand the accumulated firepower of the team (which made him terrifying in Avengers: EMH.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Vibranium? Like Cap's shield
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I also think that it will be Vibranium, and it makes more sense than Adamantium. Cap's shield has already displayed durability against Thor's Majolnir's strike, and probably will withstand Hulk's fist as well as other forms of attack. It will make Ultron virtually indestructible. Also, since Cap got his shield from SHIELD, it is reasonable to assume that they'd have more somewhere, and Ultron can build itself a new body so it can have what it takes to destroy the Avengers.
Vibranium is probably a given to be involved in some way, but another aspect that could be involved is THE REMAINS OF THE DESTROYER. After all, S.H.I.E.L.D. was already working with it in A1 (the weapon that Coulson used against Loki) and combining that tech w/vibranium would seem like a cool way to go.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:37 AM   #75
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwoman5757 View Post
could i get a pm too?
PM sent

Closed Thread