The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 08-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #76
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Default Re: The Official X-Men: Days of Future Past Merchandise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
It's not Disney's job to advertise a rival studios movie.
They did it for Amazing Spider-Man.

Plus it's not just the movies, it's X-Men as a whole.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #77
Panther X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post

Disney/Marvel own 100% merchandise rights to the Amazing Spider-Man in exchange for the partial film rights they had. In other words, these two studios are on good terms and its a shame Fox can't be as well.

The solution is pretty straight forward. They should let go of the Fantastic Four film rights in exchange for the X-Men merchandise rights in order to improve awareness when creating their expanding X-universe.

Panther X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #78
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think Disney are trying to sabotage X-Mens audience awareness

Think about it, there is no X-Men cartoon at the moment, no X-Men games scheduled and hardly any X-Men movie merchandise.
Thats been going on for quite some time, why do you think Wolverine and The Xmen stopped, and the current x comics are completely unrecognizable net to the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
There's definitely room for a deal to be made, and hopefully the studios will reach an agreement that will allow both the FOX X-Men franchise and the MCU to thrive going forward.
Nope. Disney and Fox have even bigger stuff they're beefing over. Even Star Wars. btw by 2020 Episode 4 will be the hardest film to find on the planet... Fox own the rights.

Also the only way Xmen can go forward if is the next film grosses around $800 million. Otherwise Fox will end up spinning-off films out off nowhere, and if Wolverine is grossing $350million, imagine what XForce would do. Im pretty scared over F4, that's not a spin-off of anything (and what i've gathered Marvel had to "ok" the kingpin being leased from Sony to fox, and a short Wolverine "likeness" cameo got scrapped from the first F4 [its on YT], so I imagine all this talk of the characters being in the same universe is gonna get stamped on by disney by claiming fox are exploiting the rights)

The only deal I could see Fox and Disney doing, is Fox selling the Rights back to Disney and co-producing X-films, and getting a fee when an X-Character appears in other movies. Why on earth would Disney try to aid their competition, Disney have can make once obscure characters outgross spidey, If I were Disney I would remove all the MARVEL branding (which fox seems to be making bigger) from fox posters and trailers, It's time to do some business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther X View Post
The solution is pretty straight forward. They should let go of the Fantastic Four film rights in exchange for the X-Men merchandise rights in order to improve awareness when creating their expanding X-universe.
So disney should give up the Merchandising rights to 100's of characters (let's face it, only one character sold), for the film rights to 4 of the most dullest characters ever. Honestly Disney would make more cash from wolverine toys.

Last edited by GenUsername; 08-27-2013 at 12:44 PM.
GenUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #79
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Disney Is not going to make any deal with fox.Disney's solution now adays is eather buying out companys to make money not make deals with other studios.

Marvel did try to make deal with fox to get galactus and silver surfer back in exchance for daredevil,a character neither studio Is desperate to do anything with,they never had much desire for FF themselves.

Disney and fox co-producing films Is pipedream.Disney killed the star wars 3-d releases
and come 2020 you will never see original Star wars trilogy sets again.Till 2020 Fox remains distributer of episode 1-3,5,and 6.But Fox owns Episode 4.

Since disney bought marvel there has been almost no merchadize for X-Men films.Disney Is doing all they can to hurt X-Men films.I am not even getting into what the comics are like these days.

and people wonder why I don't like disney owning Marvel and Lucasfilm.They have proven my concerns.

Plus marvel under disney has hurt X-Men brand.What would happen If they got them back? How do you expect X-Men to come back from all the damage that has been done to
X-Men due to Disney.

Plus fox didn't start putting marvel logo on just after the avengers came out.

Last edited by marvelrobbins; 08-27-2013 at 01:57 PM.
marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #80
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I wouldn't worry about all this stuff.

Yes, Marvel/Disney tried to get Galactus and Silver Surfer (part of the Fantastic Four package - as are the Skrulls, who therefore couldn't be used as the aliens in Avengers) in exchange for prolonging the rights to Daredevil.

So Fantastic Four is more than four dull characters and 'GenUsername' is wrong, as usual.

Fox just needs to make great movies with great marketing. It's harmed its own reputation in past years with comic book movies that were badly received (X3, Origins, both F4 movies, Elektra, Daredevil). But now Marvel has made a billion with each of its two most recent movies, I doubt they are in a flap about what Fox is doing. They have Guardians, Avengers 2, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, etc, to focus on.

Old 08-27-2013, 03:37 PM   #81
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I wouldn't worry about all this stuff.

Yes, Marvel/Disney tried to get Galactus and Silver Surfer (part of the Fantastic Four package - as are the Skrulls, who therefore couldn't be used as the aliens in Avengers) in exchange for prolonging the rights to Daredevil.

So Fantastic Four is more than four dull characters
The Galactus thing was never confirmed and the Skrulls can be used by both companies. Kevin Fiegie confirmed.

I think the Dull thing was a bit too much. Its just that the F4 are more not known for the grand action spectacle like the xmen and avengers, they are similar to Doctor Who in that they both have sci fi adventures in space and time. Sure there are small burst of action and good PG rated comedy (literally the only 2 current comics i let my kid read, she doesnt get it but likes to see the art and aliens) but the difference between Dr Who and the F4 is that Dr Who isnt a Superhero, there's nothing to compare him too. The F4 compete with the other SuperHeroes and frankly whilst their adventures are smart, family friendly and funny they just dont carry that same action and spectacle the other heroes have. Would kids rather see the F4 than the 1000's of other more action packed heroes Marvel have to other. I personally think that, if done properly Heroes 4 Hire, The Runaways and an R-Rated Punisher could make more money at the BO.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #82
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenUsername View Post
Nope. Disney and Fox have even bigger stuff they're beefing over. Even Star Wars. btw by 2020 Episode 4 will be the hardest film to find on the planet... Fox own the rights.
It'd be wise for Disney and FOX to start small by negotiating an FF and X-Men deal before attempting to reach an agreement on Star Wars.

Quote:
Also the only way Xmen can go forward if is the next film grosses around $800 million. Otherwise Fox will end up spinning-off films out off nowhere, and if Wolverine is grossing $350million, imagine what XForce would do. Im pretty scared over F4, that's not a spin-off of anything (and what i've gathered Marvel had to "ok" the kingpin being leased from Sony to fox, and a short Wolverine "likeness" cameo got scrapped from the first F4 [its on YT], so I imagine all this talk of the characters being in the same universe is gonna get stamped on by disney by claiming fox are exploiting the rights)

The only deal I could see Fox and Disney doing, is Fox selling the Rights back to Disney and co-producing X-films, and getting a fee when an X-Character appears in other movies. Why on earth would Disney try to aid their competition, Disney have can make once obscure characters outgross spidey, If I were Disney I would remove all the MARVEL branding (which fox seems to be making bigger) from fox posters and trailers, It's time to do some business.
Certainly, Disney/Marvel could choose the nuclear option, do everything in their power to kill off the X-Men series, give up any hope of reaching an agreement on Star Wars and then try to resurrect the characters they worked so hard to destroy once the rights revert. But since FOX is likely to continue releasing X-Men movies for the rest of our lifetimes, it would make sense for Marvel (and FOX) to buy a piece of the action. The FOX X-Men series isn't a threat to the MCU, and Disney would be foolish to treat it as such.

Quote:
So disney should give up the Merchandising rights to 100's of characters (let's face it, only one character sold), for the film rights to 4 of the most dullest characters ever. Honestly Disney would make more cash from wolverine toys.
You lose quite a bit of credibility when you insult the First Family.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #83
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

X-Men is first and foremost a Marvel Comics franchise. Disney shouldn't be downplaying them and making them fade away just because they can't control the movies. It's petty and hurts only fans of X-Men

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #84
merbass
Side-Kick

Would Disney be this silly to hurt the franchise of the rival studio ? X-men has never been Ironman or Thor. I think Disney would make a lot of money making these X-men action figures and other toy lines, rather than not doing anything or trying to sabotage it.

Remember X2 ? We only got few figures. We didn't even have Lady Deathstrike, Stryker, New Storm or new Jean. X3 figures were released sometime after the movie. XO had no 6 inch figures whatsoever !

I think it had to do with Fox, rather than Disney.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #85
Panther X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenUsername View Post
You're obviously missing the bigger picture to how valuable the Fantastic Four rights are. Its not just about the four heroes. Silver Surfer, Galactus, Annihilus, the Super Skrull, and whatever other cosmic beings they currently own are perfect for the direction Disney/Marvel are going with their franchise.

Not to mention, Dr Doom is one of the greatest villains in the Marvel Universe, much more than a villain for the Fantastic Four alone.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #86
Panther X
Side-Kick

Double Post.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #87
GenUsername
Side-Kick

The problem is marvels already got a winning formula. Those characters you listed are all well and good but at the end of the day Marvel have about 10000 more bad guys to choose from and they need no help making them insanely popular. Disney/Marvel dont need or want any marvel stuff from fox, if anything its the other way round.

Last edited by GenUsername; 08-27-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #88
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Fox has X-Men, which after Spider-Man has been the biggest Marvel property for decades, best selling comics, most games, most cartoon and most movies. Disney would want it, no question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
Would Disney be this silly to hurt the franchise of the rival studio ? X-men has never been Ironman or Thor. I think Disney would make a lot of money making these X-men action figures and other toy lines, rather than not doing anything or trying to sabotage it.

Remember X2 ? We only got few figures. We didn't even have Lady Deathstrike, Stryker, New Storm or new Jean. X3 figures were released sometime after the movie. XO had no 6 inch figures whatsoever !

I think it had to do with Fox, rather than Disney.
How do you mean?

Old 08-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #89
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Fox has X-Men, which after Spider-Man has been the biggest Marvel property for decades, best selling comics, most games, most cartoon and most movies. Disney would want it
Any company would want it. Disney just doesn't Need it. Iron man and thor now out gross x films, sell more merchandise and are, right now, more popular with the kids than Wolverine and the rest of the x men (can't remember the last time I saw iceman and rogue on tv). If Disney can get a stack of cash on their own why would they need fox's help? X may have been the biggest property but things change.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #90
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

Yeah I became aware of the X-Men in the 90s because of the videogames and the 90s cartoon series.

It feels odd that there's no upcoming X-Men videogame and Wolverine and the X-Men didn't get a 2nd season.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #91
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Knowing Marvel's animation division, it is going to be mutilated by the hands of Loeb and Man of Action.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #92
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Knowing Marvel's animation division, it is going to be mutilated by the hands of Loeb and Man of Action.
Got that right. I miss Boyd Kirkland, RIP

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:04 AM   #93
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I can't see any reason any true X-men fan would defend how disney has treated X-Men since they bought marvel.Origins was promated by marvel.

I doudt very much you will ever see another X-Men animated show since that would mean kids would become aware of X-Men.

And look at crap put out since disney bought them?Avengers assemble.Ultimate Spider-man.avengers:earth mightest heroes was written and was worked on well before the sale.When It happened jeph loeb was later brough on and during second season the stories moved away from serialization.Josh Keaton who did voice of spider-man on Spectucalar spider-man originaly recorded voice for a spider-man appearance only they scrapped it.Avenger:earth's mightest heroes was popular with fans and it already had some influence from Iron Man films but it was canned so they could do show more copy of films.And I seriously doudt disney would allow marvel to do animated show of wolverine
and the X-Men quality.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:17 AM   #94
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Knowing Marvel's animation division, it is going to be one of the most successful and longest-running show in it's franchise thanks to the hands of Loeb and Man of Action.
Fixed it for ya, bud.

Pepsiguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #95
Angamb
Banned User

I have a doubt regarding the merch. of this movie.

Since DOFP The movie is a Fox property, same with the actors, logo and all.

Could Fox create a merchandising line with photos from the movie, the logo, and stuff like that?

I mean, that recent pic of Jennifer Lawrence with her bike having the DOFP logo..... could Fox sell bikes like that if wanted?

same with shirts, cups, glasses, pencils, backpacks ...?

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #96
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I have a doubt regarding the merch. of this movie.

Since DOFP The movie is a Fox property, same with the actors, logo and all.

Could Fox create a merchandising line with photos from the movie, the logo, and stuff like that?

I mean, that recent pic of Jennifer Lawrence with her bike having the DOFP logo..... could Fox sell bikes like that if wanted?

same with shirts, cups, glasses, pencils, backpacks ...?
Nope. Fox can only use X logos for the movies and thing relating to the promotion of the movies. They could put the logo on all the stuff you said, but they would have to free (like the random stuff they give you at comic con), that's promotional material. If fox make a shirt and charge people for it, the shirt becomes merchandise for the movie and disney could sue as they own the merchandising rights.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #97
Angamb
Banned User

so basically, Fox cant sell anything, right?

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #98
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiguy2 View Post
Fixed it for ya, bud.
No he was right the first time.

Old 08-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #99
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
so basically, Fox cant sell anything, right?
Why do you think some think DIsney is trying to hurt X-Men films?

Even after doing their first solo films with Iron Man and Incredible Hulk marvel
did promate Origins.What happened to change since them? Disney buying marvel that Is what changed.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:09 PM   #100
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Why do you think some think DIsney is trying to hurt X-Men films?

Even after doing their first solo films with Iron Man and Incredible Hulk marvel
did promate Origins.What happened to change since them? Disney buying marvel that Is what changed.
Disney doesn't really see much of a point of promoting competition. And with Marvel putting out their movies at the speed they do as well as Sony and now WB/DC this whole superhero movie thing could become over-saturated. Essentially it looks like Disney wants one company (fox) to lose their summer release spot and be relegated to March or December, if they go with March the films could be less successful and Marvel could eventually get the right back, and if they go with December Disney can put out X-toys for Xmas, its a win-win situation for Disney.

Also if Marvel doesnt put out Xtoys, then the merchandise companies can focus more on Disney toys for Disney's other movies.

Last edited by GenUsername; 08-29-2013 at 04:18 PM.