The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 12:57 AM   #76
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Oh boy I would love to see this in the movie

Old 08-29-2013, 01:17 AM   #77
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Black panther t'chaka is introduced in the 2nd act of A:AoU - something related to vibranium - he dies heroically in the 3rd act, and his son and the BP movie are teased in the mid credits scene.
I'd rather T'chaka die in the BP movie at the hands of Klaw or some other villain. I don't see much of a plot for a BP movie outside of T'Challa trying to get revenge.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:58 AM   #78
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I see where you're coming from with the Hank Pym/Ultron comparison but I think a BP/Wakanda situation would be different. The Pym/Ultron thing doesn't make sense on a whole other level in the MCU because you'd be bringing in a character who's not an Avenger to make a villain that's supposed to come from within the Avengers, it's counterintuitive to the point of Ultron. With BP/Wakanda, it would be like a globe hopping adventure to a foreign land, and because Black Panther is so tied to Wakandan culture, he'd flow naturally as an element within the story without it feeling forced.
Agreed, Wakanda could very easily be a stop in a larger story, and Black Panther could appear in some limited fashion, but it's a character with a lot of elements, and so introducing them all without dramatically depowering/limiting them, and then giving all those things value leads to the character dominating what should be a teamup movie. Or you could play him as a mysterious character, whose abilities and motivations aren't expected to be explained, in which case he's best served by limited screentime. He's just a bad character to introduce in a team up movie because he's not just a king of a cool country Wakanda, which demands a few explanations itself, but Black Panther's a master tactician and martial artist with superhuman physicality, senses and agility, and a host of weapons all made with a special unique metal with unique properties (ableit, that part actually plays into the storyline), including unprecedented electronics and vehicles and he has an attitude of regality and a certain type of arrogance that the audience is supposed to respect and empathize with instead of look at him as a spoiled brat who has it easy. Or you could remove some of those things and have sort of a limited short form Panther, that could work, but I wouldn't prefer that.

T'Challa is just a bad character to introduce in Avengers. There's too much going on, even if you get the character on site, making the character what he is at the same of ingratiating him with the audience takes time, time that an Avengers film just can't afford.

Quote:
Avengers was great though. :/

I just don't see it as a problem. I'm black and I don't even care how many black people they have in it.
And there are white people who do care. And black people who care that there are no Asians or Latinos on the team, and all manner of race caring/not caring combos. The point is, something small, when done well, can become incredibly awesome, especially in art. It not being a "problem" sounds like a kind of 'good enough' attitude that prevents improvement.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:29 AM   #79
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
So, how would you go about adding diversity to the Avengers? I don't think adding War Machine and Falcon would be popular options, but if they don't ever plan on adding Black Panther, Monica Rambeau or Luke Cage or Ultimate Janet Pym, it's the only way to go.

Why wouldn't War Machine or Falcon be popular options? If you're talking about in the online fanboy community maybe they wouldn't be, for reasons I cannot fathom since both are longtime Avengers. But Marvel has to consider fans of the MCU as a whole, not just hardcore geeks. War Machine has co-starred in two Iron Man films that cleared $1.9 billion worldwide; Falcon is going to figure prominently in CATWS. Both have been Avengers in the comics. Adding one or both would be a logical move somewhere down the line.

I honestly do not understand the online fan community sometimes. Most agree that Marvel should add minorities and women to its films, but when it does those particular characters aren't what a lot of fans want. Marvel includes Black Widow in TA? People start agitating to kill her off or get rid of her because they want some other female. War Machine and Falcon are added to the MCU? Well, don't put them in the Avengers because there are other Black heroes fans like more. It doesn't make a damn bit of sense and it's ****ing annoying.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #80
Wine-N-Cheese
Side-Kick

Isn't Sam going to be affiliated with SHIELD for The Winter Soldier? That should make it really easy to introduce him into the Avengers movies.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #81
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Why wouldn't War Machine or Falcon be popular options? If you're talking about in the online fanboy community maybe they wouldn't be, for reasons I cannot fathom since both are longtime Avengers. But Marvel has to consider fans of the MCU as a whole, not just hardcore geeks. War Machine has co-starred in two Iron Man films that cleared $1.9 billion worldwide; Falcon is going to figure prominently in CATWS. Both have been Avengers in the comics. Adding one or both would be a logical move somewhere down the line.

I honestly do not understand the online fan community sometimes. Most agree that Marvel should add minorities and women to its films, but when it does those particular characters aren't what a lot of fans want. Marvel includes Black Widow in TA? People start agitating to kill her off or get rid of her because they want some other female. War Machine and Falcon are added to the MCU? Well, don't put them in the Avengers because there are other Black heroes fans like more. It doesn't make a damn bit of sense and it's ****ing annoying.

Bravo.

General audiences could care less about fanboy opinions on CBMs, and usually know diddlysquat about what's canon or not. They just know that War Machine and Falcon are featured prominently (allegedly, for Falcon; but it's a safe bet) in the movies; both are superheroes; both are played by prominent actors; and if you leave either or both out of a team of superheroes, knowing full well their superpowers could be extremely useful to the Avengers, it comes off as blatantly racist. What, only white people are allowed to join? That would be the perception from movie critics and general audiences. Not to mention the fictional general consensus within the movie universe itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine-N-Cheese View Post
Isn't Sam going to be affiliated with SHIELD for The Winter Soldier? That should make it really easy to introduce him into the Avengers movies.
Kinda sorta. Sam is a military officer who works at the VA Hospital in CATWS. He tags along with Cap and Widow, but it remains to be seen if he'll officially join SHIELD. But it's worth noting that SHIELD doesn't have anything to do with the future of the Avengers ---- they're an independent organization that doesn't answer to Nick Fury or any government agency.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #82
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

BP > War Machine and Falcon
Capt. Marvel > BW

It's not hard to understand when you look at it that way. I'd much rather have better characters on the team than just the ones who are most convenient to add.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:57 AM   #83
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I only want the best characters to be added to the permanent core team while others can come in and be part time members.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:31 AM   #84
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
BP > War Machine and Falcon
Capt. Marvel > BW

It's not hard to understand when you look at it that way. I'd much rather have better characters on the team than just the ones who are most convenient to add.
WM, Falcon and Widow already exist in the MCU and will be very familiar to audiences, and so far have been popular with general audiences. T'Challa and Carol, if and when they're introduced, are still unknown quantities in every sense of the word. Why wait around for "better" (allegedly) superheroes to get called up when you've already got these on deck or in the batter's box? Play 'em, coach.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-29-2013, 10:40 AM   #85
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
WM, Falcon and Widow already exist in the MCU and will be very familiar to audiences, and so far have been popular with general audiences. T'Challa and Carol, if and when they're introduced, are still unknown quantities in every sense of the word. Why wait around for "better" (allegedly) superheroes to get called up when you've already got these on deck or in the batter's box? Play 'em, coach.
Maybe I'm missing the GA clamoring for more Falcon (how is that possible?) and WM. Could be, but I haven't seen those sentiments out in the wild. I still hold that you go for better over what's more convenient.

And for the record, I'm not saying that Widow should go. I think you should add BP and Danvers ahead of WM and Falcon. They're more powerful and more interesting, which trumps familiar any day of the week. It won't take long for people to fall in love with them.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:07 AM   #86
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

James Spader is Ultron.

Straight from Marvel:
Quote:
James Spader will face off against Earth’s Mightiest Heroes as the villain in Marvel’s "Avengers: Age of Ultron," the sequel to 2012’s record-breaking "Marvel’s The Avengers." The Emmy Award-winning actor will play Ultron in the Avengers’ much anticipated return to the big screen from writer/director Joss Whedon. The film comes to theaters on May 1, 2015.

Spader earned three Emmy Awards for his role as Alan Shore on "Boston Legal" and "The Practice," and will return to television this fall in NBC’s highly anticipated series "The Blacklist." Most recently Spader was seen in the critically-acclaimed film "Lincoln" directed by Steven Spielberg and has previously worked with a long list of accomplished film directors including David Cronenberg, Curtis Hansen, Sidney Lumet, Mike Nichols, Tim Robbins, Robert Rodriguez, Steven Soderbergh, and Oliver Stone. David Mamet also directed Spader in the Broadway play Race.

"Avengers: Age of Ultron" will bring the Marvel Universe’s biggest heroes together again to face one of their biggest villains, with "Marvel’s The Avengers" director Joss Whedon returning to write and direct the sequel. "Marvel’s The Avengers" was released in 2012 and went on to earn $1.5 billion worldwide, making it the third-largest grossing movie of all time.
Spader is represented by ICM Partners and his lawyer Melanie Cook at Ziffren Brittenham.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/21099/e...#ixzz2dN47Moxl
http://marvel.com/news/story/21099/e...endary_villain

Totally out of left field as usual. He certainly has the voice for it.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #87
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

I dig James Spader. I think he'll do a fine job as Ultron

Old 08-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #88
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
James Spader is Ultron.

Straight from Marvel:

http://marvel.com/news/story/21099/e...endary_villain

Totally out of left field as usual. He certainly has the voice for it.
So it looks like Ultron is NOT Jarvis.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 08-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #89
Bren
Forevernoob

James Spader-voice is evil version of Paul Bettany-voice

Old 08-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #90
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

He's a great actor and has a great voice for this.

Good choice Marvel!

Old 08-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #91
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Ultron's voice is going to sound deliciously evil, as it should. Spader has a way of speaking that sounds sinister and villainous.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #92
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
So it looks like Ultron is NOT Jarvis.
. Haha shocker?

Old 08-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #93
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Spultron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Batfleck

Old 08-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #94
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Is no one else going to do this? Alright....

My Spader-Sense is tingling!

(Props to you, Rick Jones. )

Old 08-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #95
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post
Spultron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Batfleck
Lol.

Well assuming this means we keep Jarvis then I'm happy about that & hopefully this guy can do a good job.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:10 PM   #96
NickNitro
Extra Terrestrial

Jesus I honestly can see him as Ultron as I keep reading the comments.....it is unreal how amazing the casting crew is over at Disney/Marvel.....

Peasant 3: ..... I got better.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:21 PM   #97
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
PM sent
Could I get one too?

Old 08-29-2013, 12:22 PM   #98
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

30 years later and Spader is still making RDJ's life hell huh?

Old 08-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #99
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised to see a scene where Ultron infiltrates Stark Tower and verbally squares off a little with JARVIS, until ultimately disabling him and taking over the system-- like Stark's two "sons" meeting. I dunno, seems like something that could happen.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #100
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I too would be pleased with Spader and Bettany squaring off. Just thinking about Joss' writing for a scene like that is exciting..

Closed Thread