The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > DC Comics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
Shazam
Side-Kick
 
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,785
Default Trinity War??

Is it just me....or does it seem too soon into this New 52 universe to do this type of story. We still don't know who even the classic characters are........Wonder Woman is different, Superman, and even Zero Year is giving us a new take on Batman. Shazam is barely into his thing.......

Why the bad blood with Jonn Jonzz??? What's his deal?? Why is he so ruthless in this new universe??? And now all of a sudden we have this huge war??? Just seems rushed........

Anyway ....the match ups look typical .....Batman v Catwoman ...........Superman v Manhunter


Never understood the big deal with Superman and Jonn........two words ends that fight.......(HEAT VISION). Is the new 52 Superman willing to not hold back and just blast this dude?? Fire is an easy fix.

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
Cain
"West West Y'all"
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Live from New York
Posts: 4,967
Default Re: Trinity War??

Seems like you're just jumping to conclusions about a story you're not even reading to me.

__________________
Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 485
Default Re: Trinity War??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Is it just me....or does it seem too soon into this New 52 universe to do this type of story. We still don't know who even the classic characters are........Wonder Woman is different, Superman, and even Zero Year is giving us a new take on Batman. Shazam is barely into his thing.......
I might agree with this part if DC didn't do that 5 year leap into the future after Action and Justice League. With them now well established I think this war could happen whenever they please.

Superman Earth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 15,487
Default Re: Trinity War??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Seems like you're just jumping to conclusions about a story you're not even reading to me.
^^^^^ This.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
Shazam
Side-Kick
 
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,785
Default Re: Trinity War??

okey dokey

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #6
Shazam
Side-Kick
 
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,785
Default Re: Trinity War??

Just read JLA ...part 2 of this story. Can someone tell Batman not to call Superman "CLARK" while they are in the belly of the enemy facility!!

Did anyone catch that? While talking to Diana and Supes clamped down in that chair, Batman tells Diana about them "helping Clark". Ya' think there might be more than a few mics and cameras in a room where ARGUS is holding the most powerful man on the planet???

No doubt an editorial error. I hope!

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #7
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 15,487
Default Re: Trinity War??

Do you honestly think A.R.G.U.S doesn't have an idea about Clark? Not trying to be a smart ass but Trevor alone worked with this team for 5 years and Waller is alot like Nick Fury in that she knows alot about everyone.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:06 AM   #8
Shazam
Side-Kick
 
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,785
Default Re: Trinity War??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Do you honestly think A.R.G.U.S doesn't have an idea about Clark? Not trying to be a smart ass but Trevor alone worked with this team for 5 years and Waller is alot like Nick Fury in that she knows alot about everyone.
Maybe ....maybe not! Just because Trevor worked with the JL doesn't mean he knows who they are.....

We cant assume they know their identities.

And even if they did, do you think someone who understands the importance of "secrets" being kept, like Batman, would still play it safe?? On the outside chance Waller and Trevor DONT KNOW, erring on the side of caution would seem to be what Batman would do......But he didn't........which is strange to me.

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #9
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,874
Default Re: Trinity War??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Just read JLA ...part 2 of this story. Can someone tell Batman not to call Superman "CLARK" while they are in the belly of the enemy facility!!

Did anyone catch that? While talking to Diana and Supes clamped down in that chair, Batman tells Diana about them "helping Clark". Ya' think there might be more than a few mics and cameras in a room where ARGUS is holding the most powerful man on the planet???

No doubt an editorial error. I hope!
It's Batman and Superman, I think they'd notice recording devices... I think the fact nobody noticed Question in the room breaking Superman out is proof enough they don't have recording devices.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #10
Shazam
Side-Kick
 
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,785
Default Re: Trinity War??

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
It's Batman and Superman, I think they'd notice recording devices... I think the fact nobody noticed Question in the room breaking Superman out is proof enough they don't have recording devices.
Superman could barely hear a thing with that hood over his head and coughing..... And it's ARGUS.....stuff is hidden. Can you not acknowledge that calling each other by their real names is just stupid while in the field and especially in the belly of the enemy's HQ.....

Geez..............

Just think it was a writing error

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #11
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man
 
Hush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Planet Of OA
Posts: 15,487
Default Re: Trinity War??

Not a writing error, Bruce calls Superman Clark all the time. It's rather common place in the comics now I mean it was the only way Bats thought he could get through and he did.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I like love stories. Preferably the love stories that involve a woman without enough money to pay the pizza man, so she has to pay for it....with her vagina.
Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #12
lonewriter
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 29
Default Re: Trinity War??

I'm enjoying it but I don't like how MM is behaving towards Superman.

lonewriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #13
Shazam
Side-Kick
 
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,785
Default Re: Trinity War??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewriter View Post
I'm enjoying it but I don't like how MM is behaving towards Superman.
Neither do I.....
Why do you think he is doing that?

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #14
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!
 
Naked Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gotham city
Posts: 6,356
Default Re: Trinity War??

I really appreciate it, and i think it's really more than heroes fighting heroes, unlike what I thought at first.

We don't know precisely why, but MM is at odds with the justice League as a whole.

__________________
Did I ever tell ya that this here jacket represents a symbol of my individuality, and my belief in personal freedom?
Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #15
Cain
"West West Y'all"
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Live from New York
Posts: 4,967
Default Re: Trinity War??

Now that it's all wrapped up I really enjoyed this story despite it being an event leading to another event. That's something I already expect from Johns anyway it's become a habit of his. Unlike the crappy first arc of his JL run & the dumb "the Justice League killed my family" arc after that though Johns is finally finding a voice for his JL work with his JLA and JL issues in this arc. Poor Vic Stone, that was brutal. Also as a fan of 90's Aquaman I damn near geeked out when I saw what Sea King actually looked like.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:



Bring on Forever Evil.

__________________
Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men

Last edited by Cain; 08-28-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #16
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!
 
Naked Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gotham city
Posts: 6,356
Default Re: Trinity War??

I totally agree. Vic's fate seems uncertain at best, and while I didn't really care for new 52 Cyborg, I really felt sad for him.

I was certain the box replaced our heroes by their earth 3 counterpart, so I thought sick Superman was actually Ultraman in need of Kryptonite. So the twist came as a surprise, because it was simplier. and yet, it work. There is a real sense of threat when the earth 3 villains attack.

I knew Trinity war was leading to forever evil, but I thought there would be an ending of sort, with the heroes already beaten for instance. I can't wait to read forever evil now.

This was really intense.

__________________
Did I ever tell ya that this here jacket represents a symbol of my individuality, and my belief in personal freedom?
Naked Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #17
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,874
Default Re: Trinity War??

Poor Cyborg. Loved this event though.

I kept expecting Hal to show up to try and help at the last minute, but I guess he'll be a part of the Forever Evil event now. I know he's off being the leader of the Green Lantern Corps, but something like this has to get his attention.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:36 AM   #18
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,367
Default Re: Trinity War??

My only real problem is I don't see why this and Forever Evil weren't one event.

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #19
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights
 
Primal Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 10,343
Default Re: Trinity War??

While I have enjoyed this event, I am still waiting for them to address Darkseid looking for his daughter which I thought was alluded to being Pandora.

I LOVED that Superman was poisoned by someone implanting a piece of kryptonite in his body, been waiting for someone to be smart enough to do it that way or just infect him with enough kryptonite to weaken him.

And I wish after how much Johns has done to make people take Aquaman seriously that they wouldn't have killed off Sea King within 5 seconds of appearing.


Last edited by Primal Slayer; 08-29-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #20
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,367
Default Re: Trinity War??

Perhaps it will be elaborated upon in Darkseid #1.

It's amazing how little story was told in like 200 pages.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #21
Cain
"West West Y'all"
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Live from New York
Posts: 4,967
Default Re: Trinity War??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I LOVED that Superman was poisoned by someone implanting a piece of kryptonite in his body, been waiting for someone to be smart enough to do it that way or just infect him with enough kryptonite to weaken him.
Morrison did it first (Action Comics) bwahahaha.

I do wonder what Hal's role in this would be in the long run. It seems like Sinestro is the one that's going to take on Power Ring (and I hope he completely destroys him and burns him into ashes) so where does that leave GL?

I'm also really looking forward to Lex Vs. Ultra Man. Finally a Superman that Luthor could actually kill. I hope he makes it a slow and painful death because Ultra Man is such an evil bastard and doesn't deserved any less.

So I'm guessing since it seems that the JL's will be teleported and stranded on Earth 3 the reason Nightwing has been said to be very important to FE is because he will don the cape and cowl once again? that the Batman we've seen fighting alongside Lex in the promo images is really Dick?

I do wonder who the prisoner with the burlap sack was though. I don't think it's Alexander Luthor. It could possibly be a good guy Earth 3 Joker since he had a similar frame. Could this Joker had poisoned Earth 3 Alfred back on Earth 3? is this why The Outsider is insanely pale and always randomly going "HA!"? Is this why he was like "if only The Joker could see me now?"?

So many questions still lingering. Good thing answers will start coming in in just one week. BTW how stupid did Pandora look in the end of all this? lmao I was really laughing at how irrelevant the trinity of sin really was to all this. Here's hoping they actually have something purposeful to do in Forever Evil.

__________________
Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:39 PM   #22
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,874
Default Re: Trinity War??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
While I have enjoyed this event, I am still waiting for them to address Darkseid looking for his daughter which I thought was alluded to being Pandora.
Johns said right around the time that speculation started that Pandora is not his daughter.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:46 PM   #23
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,874
Default Re: Trinity War??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Could this Joker had poisoned Earth 3 Alfred back on Earth 3? is this why The Outsider is insanely pale and always randomly going "HA!"? Is this why he was like "if only The Joker could see me now?"?
Same thing I thought. Don't know if Joker will be the Prisoner though.

I wonder how long Power Ring's had his... power ring since Volthoom didn't return to his dimension until the end of Johns' Green Lantern run. He didn't seem very experienced.

I'm looking forward to Captain Cold Vs. Johnny Quick.

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:46 PM   #24
Cain
"West West Y'all"
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Live from New York
Posts: 4,967
Default Re: Trinity War??

The only thing is that they stripped Volthoom down to his core and left him powerless before they vanished him. So I don't know how he'd be able to conjure up a new power ring to give away if it was indeed Earth 3 he ended up in. But it's possible that an alternate universe Volthoom is the one behind Power Ring's power.

__________________
Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Action Comics, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #25
Shazam
Side-Kick
 
Shazam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,785
Default Re: Trinity War??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
I totally agree. Vic's fate seems uncertain at best, and while I didn't really care for new 52 Cyborg, I really felt sad for him.

I was certain the box replaced our heroes by their earth 3 counterpart, so I thought sick Superman was actually Ultraman in need of Kryptonite. So the twist came as a surprise, because it was simplier. and yet, it work. There is a real sense of threat when the earth 3 villains attack.

I knew Trinity war was leading to forever evil, but I thought there would be an ending of sort, with the heroes already beaten for instance. I can't wait to read forever evil now.

This was really intense.
If Pandora's box was simply a gateway device, why did each person's personality turn evil while holding it?

Was it sort of a contamination of evil emanating from Earth 3?

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.