The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 08-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #151
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: James Spader is Ultron!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
The fact they say they cast him AS Ultron and not the voice of Ultron, and considering they cast him so far ahead of production, makes me think he's not just going to voice the character but actually play him...which obviously leads to the question of are they going to have Ultron take on a human layer of skin at some point, Terminator style? I think this Ultron is going to be even more different than we thought.
And if that is the case, it brings up the question again of why would Ultron, if he has a layer of skin over his robotic body, have the appearance of someone who is out of shape like Spader?

I prefer Spader to just be voicing the character and not showing his face. As a voice, he seems like a decent choice. As the actor as a whole playing Ultron, not so much.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #152
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Ultron just left Tony Stark this voicemail:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

By 2016, Batman will have appeared in three big-screen films since 2008. By 2016, Iron Man will have appeared in six films in the same amount of time. Find new s*** to diagnose the current state of cinema with.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #153
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Spader is doing the voice. I'm not a betting man at all (and I don't have the money to spare) but if I was THAT'S what I'd be willing to wager.

It's funny but, while I think he's great for the "coldly logical" side of Ultron, paradoxically, I also think he'll be able to give Ultron a real personality.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #154
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

You guys think he'll mo-cap?

By 2016, Batman will have appeared in three big-screen films since 2008. By 2016, Iron Man will have appeared in six films in the same amount of time. Find new s*** to diagnose the current state of cinema with.

Sincerely,
Sawyer

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:38 PM   #155
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
You guys think he'll mo-cap?

I think that, as expensive as it was, Joss seemed to take to motion capture, indeed all the digital techniques he used in A1. So I think he will use Mocap for Spader in some scenes, if just to have the actor around for all the little things on set that enhance a performance. Improvisation, happy accidents ect.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #156
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

Spader is an inspired choice. Really cool.

Brother Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #157
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I'm sure he'll have them build a physical Ultron for them to react to onset, and maybe even a couple animatronic scenes where he may be physically touching some of the characters.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #158
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I'm sure he'll have them build a physical Ultron for them to react to onset, and maybe even a couple animatronic scenes where he may be physically touching some of the characters.
They did it with the Hulk, so it isn't unreasonable to assume that they'll do the same for Ultron.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:10 AM   #159
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I remember James Spader from Boston Legal! He gave a good performance in that show!

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #160
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
The fact they say they cast him AS Ultron and not the voice of Ultron, and considering they cast him so far ahead of production, makes me think he's not just going to voice the character but actually play him...which obviously leads to the question of are they going to have Ultron take on a human layer of skin at some point, Terminator style? I think this Ultron is going to be even more different than we thought.
The announcement did not "obviously lead" to that question for everyone who read it, just for a select few. Paul Bettany also plays JARVIS, and yet never appears in human form. Vin Diesel will play Groot through voice and motion capture, but you can be damn well sure we won't see his bullet head on screen. The same is more than likely true of Ultron, as most people have obviously concluded.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:35 AM   #161
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
And if that is the case, it brings up the question again of why would Ultron, if he has a layer of skin over his robotic body, have the appearance of someone who is out of shape like Spader?

I prefer Spader to just be voicing the character and not showing his face. As a voice, he seems like a decent choice. As the actor as a whole playing Ultron, not so much.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:52 AM   #162
Boom
I got nothin'

Disgustingly brilliant choice.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:03 AM   #163
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Scottie Pippen would have made an awesome Ultron

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:06 AM   #164
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
Scottie Pippen would have made an awesome Ultron

I'm sorry sir, but as the owner of this establishment I must inform you that we will now stop serving you alcohol.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:59 AM   #165
Just_Human
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I'm sorry sir, but as the owner of this establishment I must inform you that we will now stop serving you alcohol.

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:07 AM   #166
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:10 AM   #167
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:

Ultron wants to look like Spader so he can hang with Bill Shatner. Duh!!

Old 08-30-2013, 05:05 AM   #168
Silvermoth
Avenger

Yay spader! It's very different casting but I love it! What with Affleck as batman and Olsen possibly playing wanda I was getting really worried that I was getting too old and grumpy and I would end up as one of those fanboys who hates everything but I love this so I am glad!

Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #169
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Ultron is a robot. Why would a robot's mask ever come off? Is Ultron Robocop now?
If they changed Ultron to and android, then we could see what exactly what I'm talking about.

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #170
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Spader is doing the voice. I'm not a betting man at all (and I don't have the money to spare) but if I was THAT'S what I'd be willing to wager.

It's funny but, while I think he's great for the "coldly logical" side of Ultron, paradoxically, I also think he'll be able to give Ultron a real personality.
But do you want Ultron to have "personality?" Really......What makes him a threat is his lack of it.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:19 AM   #171
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
But do you want Ultron to have "personality?" Really......What makes him a threat is his lack of it.
The most interesting thing I found about Ultron was that he, at times, almost has a personality, and displays emotions, he becomes more and more human, in terms of his "personality. Ultron is not just "a cold robot"

Old 08-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #172
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Well, the "personality" could be cold, calculating, sadistic... I think Ultron could have a personality, obviously he wouldn't be a warm cuddly teddy bear though.

I think we're all jumping the gun though about what Ultron will look like. With the evidence presented so far, Ultron will look like iconic Ultron. That's what was shown in the SDCC teaser. We have no reason to believe so far that they're changing the look so radically.

Plus, doesn't Marvel's track record with keeping true to their characters' iconography hold that Ultron won't change dramatically from the comics, save for his origin?

Now, I know someone mentioned upthread that Joss may be giving us a "weaker" version of Ultron? Where did he say that? I haven't seen him say anything like that, just that Ultron will be ever evolving and adapting, which he should be, right?

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #173
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
The most interesting thing I found about Ultron was that he, at times, almost has a personality, and displays emotions, he becomes more and more human, in terms of his "personality. Ultron is not just "a cold robot"
Oh, this! Like, I don't want Ultron to become a total woobie or anything, but I could definitely see where Joss can give him layers. Which would become even more distinct if they bring in Vision to the mix.

I've been so impartial to Vision being included in the MCU, but I'm getting intrigued with the idea of his inclusion as the diametrical opposite of Ultron.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #174
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:

Mr. Dent has a valid concern........Spader could get "face time" by making Ultron more like Terminator.......having pseudo flesh that get's ripped off as the battle rages....

Old 08-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #175
TheFBI
Side-Kick

I really doubt that Joss would do anything that weird and out there. it would be too similar to the Red Skull

TheFBI is offline   Reply With Quote