The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 02:00 AM   #26
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,600
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
U no like Grant and LL:MoS? I was saving up money to get married, but now I think I'll order a hit on you.
You are a child of the universe friend, no less than the trees....

But I'm a born and raised Brooklyn boy. Bring it on goat cheese eater!!

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 02:06 AM   #27
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

I now see what I have to become to stop men like you. I will still use my money to get married... TO YOU.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #28
Wheels
HR Supporter
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,451
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Grant Morrison rules. He and Mark Waid are the best Superman writers of this generation.

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Wheels is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #29
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,600
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I now see what I have to become to stop men like you. I will still use my money to get married... TO YOU.
Well... This is all so sudden.

Wait a minute... This is all so you can get me to the altar and then *BANG*!!

Oh, no... I'm not that easy.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 02:16 AM   #30
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,600
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Grant Morrison rules. He and Mark Waid are the best Superman writers of this generation.
Me disliking Morrison on most mainstream super hero books does not mean you can't. It does not mean I think less of those that love his stuff. It does not mean I think I am superior. It just means... I don't like his work.

Namaste.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 02:22 AM   #31
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

KRYPTON INC. and I, we're gonna have a hell of a time!

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 02:23 AM   #32
Wheels
HR Supporter
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,451
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Me disliking Morrison on most mainstream super hero books does not mean you can't. It does not mean I think less of those that love his stuff. It does not mean I think I am superior. It just means... I don't like his work.

Namaste.
I'm just stating my opinion. I'm perfectly fine with your opinion as art is subjective .

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Wheels is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 02:26 AM   #33
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,600
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
KRYPTON INC. and I, we're gonna have a hell of a time!

Hey, if we gotta go to counseling to make this man on man marriage/assassination work, then THAT'S what we're going to do buster!

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 02:40 AM   #34
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Marriage Counselor for Lex Luthor.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 02:44 AM   #35
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,600
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Marriage Counselor for Lex Luthor.
Jerry Seinfeld eh? As Luthor?

That's Gold, Jerry! Gold!

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 02:57 AM   #36
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Ok, enough derailment.

On topic, the reason I don't want Cranston isn't because I don't love him as an actor, it's just that his interpretation will automatically be not the one I'd want of the character.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:02 AM   #37
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,600
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Ok, enough derailment.

On topic, the reason I don't want Cranston isn't because I don't love him as an actor, it's just that his interpretation will automatically be not the one I'd want of the character.

People keep talkin' bout Cranston. I love the guy. But for Luthor? I just don't see it. Compared to the scope of who and what Luthor is W. White is a desperate small town puissant. There needs to be a bit more Hollywood glamour or a larger than life quality to Luthor. Cranston is an amazing actor, but no matter the range and level of talent not every actor is good for every part.

I think with the way CBM casting has been going lately the actual casting will be so left field it'll disappear into the Green Monster.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:05 AM   #38
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Yes. Expect Cate Blanchett as Luthor, which, btw, would ensure my ass on a seat opening night, whether Cate played Lex or Lexa Luthor.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:14 AM   #39
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,600
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Yes. Expect Cate Blanchett as Luthor, which, btw, would ensure my ass on a seat opening night, whether Cate played Lex or Lexa Luthor.
It wouldn't be the first time she's played a man, and or a woman who is disguised as a man, would it. So I think we can cross her off the list. She wouldn't do it because she's already gone down that road.

You think Eckhart would feel 2 supervillains would be too much on his resume?

If we want a race change.... Please don't kill me for this... Wil Smith?
(Not in the face!!!)

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #40
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

I don't mind a race change. But not Will. Nor Jamie. Nor Denzel. Nor Elba. Chiwetel Ejiofor would be nice.

I wouldn't be inherently opposed to Aaron, but it would indeed be too distracting, mainly because there are huge similarities to the role. Dent's good side would be identical to Lex's, even though LEx's bad side wouldn't be as intense as Dent's all the time.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:25 AM   #41
Wheels
HR Supporter
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,451
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Will Smith is entertaining but his personality is overbearing. I think I would just see Will Smith and not Luthor.

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Wheels is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:25 AM   #42
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,600
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I don't mind a race change. But not Will. Nor Jamie. Nor Denzel. Nor Elba. Chiwetel Ejiofor would be nice.

I wouldn't be inherently opposed to Aaron, but it would indeed be too distracting, mainly because there are huge similarities to the role. Dent's good side would be identical to Lex's, even though LEx's bad side wouldn't be as intense as Dent's all the time.

I think if the film started with Aaron bald and showing that at his core Luthor is just a total ruthless bastrard then I think that is more than enough of a difference, myself. Lex is a sociopath, Two Face is a psychopath. Maybe it's not enough of a differenc though.

I actually want Chiwetel for Black Panther. But I could totally see him as Lex. His turn as The Operative shows he has it in him to fill the shoes of many a legendary villain or hero. The race change thing would also be par for the course in respects to all the recent casting news of CBMs as well.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:32 AM   #43
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I think if the film started with Aaron bald and showing that at his core Luthor is just a total ruthless bastrard then I think that is more than enough of a difference, myself. Lex is a sociopath, Two Face is a psychopath. Maybe it's not enough of a differenc though.
Yeah, there's a difference between the characters, but I'm not sure we'd get it by Aaron, especially under Snyder's guidance. Aaron's not THAT diverse, and these differences require a superior actor to be presented in a way that would differentiate him from a similar part he might've played in the past.

Quote:
I actually want Chiwetel for Black Panther. But I could totally see him as Lex. His turn as The Operative shows he has it in him to fill the shoes of many a legendary villain or hero. The race change thing would also be par for the course in respects to all the recent casting news of CBMs as well.
Yes, Chiwe as BP is pretty good, but I think Lex is a meatier role for him (well, depending on how Goy/Sny/Ben write him).

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:34 AM   #44
Kevin Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central City
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Grant Morrison rules. He and Mark Waid are the best Superman writers of this generation.


I agree. And I like both of their thoughts on MOS.

Also, great underrated Superman writer is Mark Millar. Not for his Superman: Red Son stuff, but his Superman: animated series comic.

Kevin Smith is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:39 AM   #45
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,600
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Yeah, there's a difference between the characters, but I'm not sure we'd get it by Aaron, especially under Snyder's guidance. Aaron's not THAT diverse, and these differences require a superior actor to be presented in a way that would differentiate him from a similar part he might've played in the past.


Yes, Chiwe as BP is pretty good, but I think Lex is a meatier role for him (well, depending on how Goy/Sny/Ben write him).

I could totally see Chiwetel just oozing charisma and charm as Lex when he is in public, and just pure ego driven menace when he's running what ever the next scheme is he has incubating at the moment. I am sure it's the backlash for his race not being that of the source material that keeps something like this from happening.

What's Clive Owen been up to lately? He would be pretty intimidating as both criminal genius and brilliant CEO.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 AM   #46
Wheels
HR Supporter
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,451
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Owen's career is prety lifeless at the moment. I believe he's hopefuldreamer's favorite for Lex.

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Wheels is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:49 AM   #47
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I could totally see Chiwetel just oozing charisma and charm as Lex when he is in public, and just pure ego driven menace when he's running what ever the next scheme is he has incubating at the moment. I am sure it's the backlash for his race not being that of the source material that keeps something like this from happening.
Backlash would mean s**t if he was successful. Peopel didn't mind MCD as Kingpin that much.

Quote:
What's Clive Owen been up to lately? He would be pretty intimidating as both criminal genius and brilliant CEO.
Intimidating? Probably. He's a pretty lousy actor and a charisma sucker, though. He's the British Andy Garcia.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:53 AM   #48
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Owen's career is prety lifeless at the moment. I believe he's hopefuldreamer's favorite for Lex.
I like the man, I hope he keeps getting work. Just keep him off prestigious roles like Lex. Shoot 'Em Up was a genius movie prevented from reaching greatness by him.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:55 AM   #49
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,600
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Backlash would mean s**t if he was successful. Peopel didn't mind MCD as Kingpin that much.


Intimidating? Probably. He's a pretty lousy actor and a charisma sucker, though. He's the British Andy Garcia.

Wow. Remind me not to make you a Clive Owen shaped cake for our anniversary.

__________________
My father. 1946-2014

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 08-30-2013, 03:58 AM   #50
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

It'd cause a paradox, I'd tell it to eat me.

Gianakin_ is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.