The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 02:00 AM   #26
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
U no like Grant and LL:MoS? I was saving up money to get married, but now I think I'll order a hit on you.
You are a child of the universe friend, no less than the trees....

But I'm a born and raised Brooklyn boy. Bring it on goat cheese eater!!

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:06 AM   #27
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I now see what I have to become to stop men like you. I will still use my money to get married... TO YOU.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #28
Wheels
HR Supporter

Grant Morrison rules. He and Mark Waid are the best Superman writers of this generation.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 08-30-2013, 02:13 AM   #29
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I now see what I have to become to stop men like you. I will still use my money to get married... TO YOU.
Well... This is all so sudden.

Wait a minute... This is all so you can get me to the altar and then *BANG*!!

Oh, no... I'm not that easy.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:16 AM   #30
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Grant Morrison rules. He and Mark Waid are the best Superman writers of this generation.
Me disliking Morrison on most mainstream super hero books does not mean you can't. It does not mean I think less of those that love his stuff. It does not mean I think I am superior. It just means... I don't like his work.

Namaste.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:22 AM   #31
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

KRYPTON INC. and I, we're gonna have a hell of a time!

Old 08-30-2013, 02:23 AM   #32
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Me disliking Morrison on most mainstream super hero books does not mean you can't. It does not mean I think less of those that love his stuff. It does not mean I think I am superior. It just means... I don't like his work.

Namaste.
I'm just stating my opinion. I'm perfectly fine with your opinion as art is subjective .

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 08-30-2013, 02:26 AM   #33
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
KRYPTON INC. and I, we're gonna have a hell of a time!

Hey, if we gotta go to counseling to make this man on man marriage/assassination work, then THAT'S what we're going to do buster!

Old 08-30-2013, 02:40 AM   #34
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Marriage Counselor for Lex Luthor.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:44 AM   #35
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Marriage Counselor for Lex Luthor.
Jerry Seinfeld eh? As Luthor?

That's Gold, Jerry! Gold!

Old 08-30-2013, 02:57 AM   #36
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Ok, enough derailment.

On topic, the reason I don't want Cranston isn't because I don't love him as an actor, it's just that his interpretation will automatically be not the one I'd want of the character.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:02 AM   #37
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ok, enough derailment.

On topic, the reason I don't want Cranston isn't because I don't love him as an actor, it's just that his interpretation will automatically be not the one I'd want of the character.

People keep talkin' bout Cranston. I love the guy. But for Luthor? I just don't see it. Compared to the scope of who and what Luthor is W. White is a desperate small town puissant. There needs to be a bit more Hollywood glamour or a larger than life quality to Luthor. Cranston is an amazing actor, but no matter the range and level of talent not every actor is good for every part.

I think with the way CBM casting has been going lately the actual casting will be so left field it'll disappear into the Green Monster.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:05 AM   #38
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Yes. Expect Cate Blanchett as Luthor, which, btw, would ensure my ass on a seat opening night, whether Cate played Lex or Lexa Luthor.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:14 AM   #39
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes. Expect Cate Blanchett as Luthor, which, btw, would ensure my ass on a seat opening night, whether Cate played Lex or Lexa Luthor.
It wouldn't be the first time she's played a man, and or a woman who is disguised as a man, would it. So I think we can cross her off the list. She wouldn't do it because she's already gone down that road.

You think Eckhart would feel 2 supervillains would be too much on his resume?

If we want a race change.... Please don't kill me for this... Wil Smith?
(Not in the face!!!)

Old 08-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #40
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I don't mind a race change. But not Will. Nor Jamie. Nor Denzel. Nor Elba. Chiwetel Ejiofor would be nice.

I wouldn't be inherently opposed to Aaron, but it would indeed be too distracting, mainly because there are huge similarities to the role. Dent's good side would be identical to Lex's, even though LEx's bad side wouldn't be as intense as Dent's all the time.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:25 AM   #41
Wheels
HR Supporter

Will Smith is entertaining but his personality is overbearing. I think I would just see Will Smith and not Luthor.

Quote:
-- Vince Russo
Old 08-30-2013, 03:25 AM   #42
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't mind a race change. But not Will. Nor Jamie. Nor Denzel. Nor Elba. Chiwetel Ejiofor would be nice.

I wouldn't be inherently opposed to Aaron, but it would indeed be too distracting, mainly because there are huge similarities to the role. Dent's good side would be identical to Lex's, even though LEx's bad side wouldn't be as intense as Dent's all the time.

I think if the film started with Aaron bald and showing that at his core Luthor is just a total ruthless bastrard then I think that is more than enough of a difference, myself. Lex is a sociopath, Two Face is a psychopath. Maybe it's not enough of a differenc though.

I actually want Chiwetel for Black Panther. But I could totally see him as Lex. His turn as The Operative shows he has it in him to fill the shoes of many a legendary villain or hero. The race change thing would also be par for the course in respects to all the recent casting news of CBMs as well.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:32 AM   #43
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
I think if the film started with Aaron bald and showing that at his core Luthor is just a total ruthless bastrard then I think that is more than enough of a difference, myself. Lex is a sociopath, Two Face is a psychopath. Maybe it's not enough of a differenc though.
Yeah, there's a difference between the characters, but I'm not sure we'd get it by Aaron, especially under Snyder's guidance. Aaron's not THAT diverse, and these differences require a superior actor to be presented in a way that would differentiate him from a similar part he might've played in the past.

Quote:
I actually want Chiwetel for Black Panther. But I could totally see him as Lex. His turn as The Operative shows he has it in him to fill the shoes of many a legendary villain or hero. The race change thing would also be par for the course in respects to all the recent casting news of CBMs as well.
Yes, Chiwe as BP is pretty good, but I think Lex is a meatier role for him (well, depending on how Goy/Sny/Ben write him).

Old 08-30-2013, 03:34 AM   #44
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:

I agree. And I like both of their thoughts on MOS.

Also, great underrated Superman writer is Mark Millar. Not for his Superman: Red Son stuff, but his Superman: animated series comic.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:39 AM   #45
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, there's a difference between the characters, but I'm not sure we'd get it by Aaron, especially under Snyder's guidance. Aaron's not THAT diverse, and these differences require a superior actor to be presented in a way that would differentiate him from a similar part he might've played in the past.

Yes, Chiwe as BP is pretty good, but I think Lex is a meatier role for him (well, depending on how Goy/Sny/Ben write him).

I could totally see Chiwetel just oozing charisma and charm as Lex when he is in public, and just pure ego driven menace when he's running what ever the next scheme is he has incubating at the moment. I am sure it's the backlash for his race not being that of the source material that keeps something like this from happening.

What's Clive Owen been up to lately? He would be pretty intimidating as both criminal genius and brilliant CEO.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:44 AM   #46
Wheels
HR Supporter

Owen's career is prety lifeless at the moment. I believe he's hopefuldreamer's favorite for Lex.

Quote:
-- Vince Russo
Old 08-30-2013, 03:49 AM   #47
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
I could totally see Chiwetel just oozing charisma and charm as Lex when he is in public, and just pure ego driven menace when he's running what ever the next scheme is he has incubating at the moment. I am sure it's the backlash for his race not being that of the source material that keeps something like this from happening.
Backlash would mean s**t if he was successful. Peopel didn't mind MCD as Kingpin that much.

Quote:
What's Clive Owen been up to lately? He would be pretty intimidating as both criminal genius and brilliant CEO.
Intimidating? Probably. He's a pretty lousy actor and a charisma sucker, though. He's the British Andy Garcia.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:53 AM   #48
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Owen's career is prety lifeless at the moment. I believe he's hopefuldreamer's favorite for Lex.
I like the man, I hope he keeps getting work. Just keep him off prestigious roles like Lex. Shoot 'Em Up was a genius movie prevented from reaching greatness by him.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:55 AM   #49
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Backlash would mean s**t if he was successful. Peopel didn't mind MCD as Kingpin that much.

Intimidating? Probably. He's a pretty lousy actor and a charisma sucker, though. He's the British Andy Garcia.

Wow. Remind me not to make you a Clive Owen shaped cake for our anniversary.

Old 08-30-2013, 03:58 AM   #50
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

It'd cause a paradox, I'd tell it to eat me.

Closed Thread