Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #39
Farren
Side Kicker

Default Re: the TIMELINE thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
Question: Would you agree that for every possible timeline that becomes affected by someone or something altering the past that there must have been a first time that the timeline played out at least up to the point where the thing from the future was sent back to the point in the past?
No, I wouldn't, and that's why I think we're in disagreement.

I agree with you that if you take what you're proposing to be the way time travel is working in the terminator, then, yes, it doesn't make sense. But it does make sense if you look at it from other interpretations of time travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
And Cameron's plot bore a lot of similarity to the original Days Of Future Past... which came out first.

I mean, I'm not claiming that Cameron "copied" it, and I understand why Singer wanted Cameron's approval or input.

But Days Of Future Past came before Terminator.
I was referring specifically to the suggestion that Nimrod goes back in time to attack humanity.