The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 02:44 AM   #176
ComicChick
Carpe DIEM r.i.p.
SHH! Global Moderator
 
ComicChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: The Kitchen, Yall
Posts: 53,412
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

you'll envy me when i win this thing this year

__________________
"How did I survive apocalyptic fire? I simply refused to feel the flames.

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall

The Official Nov/Dec Fan Art Contest
ComicChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:54 AM   #177
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
you'll envy me when i win this thing this year

__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #178
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,595
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
you'll envy me when i win this thing this year

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #179
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy
 
ImWithTeamConan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,090
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Super stoked, me and my buddies are doing our draft for our league with a $50 buy-in. Got cheat sheets pourin out my ears.

__________________
This is how we know what love is, that Christ died for us.


2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
ImWithTeamConan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:54 PM   #180
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
Hey! Shush you, your beatdown is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImWithTeamConan View Post
Super stoked, me and my buddies are doing our draft for our league with a $50 buy-in. Got cheat sheets pourin out my ears.
Yeah, I usually do 1 pay League a year and that shiz is always stressful and not nearly as carefree and fun.

$400 pot?

Shiz just got real?

__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:40 PM   #181
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,595
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
Hey! Shush you, your beatdown is coming.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #182
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

lulz, I like your moxy but we both know how this is going to end. All I ask is that after having your ass handed to you, you have the cojones to shake my hand afterward and we can continue being friends.


__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:04 PM   #183
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,595
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
lulz, I like your moxy but we both know how this is going to end. All I ask is that after having your ass handed to you, you have the cojones to shake my hand afterward and we can continue being friends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXCK1EyP4s

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:21 PM   #184
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

I gave you a chance and THIS is how you decide to fritter it away? I...As a matter of fact, I won't even be seen talking to you, lest the SUCK rub off on me.



__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #185
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,595
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
I gave you a chance and THIS is how you decide to fritter it away? I...As a matter of fact, I won't even be seen talking to you, lest the SUCK rub off on me.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaM_tYWBdyU

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:26 AM   #186
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy
 
ImWithTeamConan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,090
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
Hey! Shush you, your beatdown is coming.



Yeah, I usually do 1 pay League a year and that shiz is always stressful and not nearly as carefree and fun.

$400 pot?

Shiz just got real?
10 Teams actually, so $500. And we're all buddies so there was loads of trash talking at the draft tonight.

It also has a unique format, I think. You have to start 2 QB's, 3 RBs & WR's (each), 2 TE's and a flex (with a kicker and defense of course) so quarterbacks go kinda early cause people go after the superstars.

I waited on my quarterbacks and just annihilated the league (much like I did to Knockout Kings last year and will this year).

My starting line up is...
Tony Romo (got in the 8th round)
Carson Palmer
CJ Spiller
LeSean McCoy
Chris Johnson
Dez Bryant
Dwayne Bowe
Antonio Brown
Jordan Cameron
Zack Sudfeld

And I got Daryl Richardson, D'Angelo Williams, TY Hilton, and Josh Gordon on the bench.

__________________
This is how we know what love is, that Christ died for us.


2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
ImWithTeamConan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #187
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImWithTeamConan View Post

I waited on my quarterbacks and just annihilated the league (much like I did to Knockout Kings last year and will this year).
I didn't bother reading after I saw this filth.



__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #188
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy
 
ImWithTeamConan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,090
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Filth? Perhaps. But true filth.

__________________
This is how we know what love is, that Christ died for us.


2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
ImWithTeamConan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #189
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImWithTeamConan View Post
Filth? Perhaps. But true filth.
You won. You dominated nothing, my son. You certainly won't be dominating OR winning the League THIS season.

i have to say, I am immensely glad I picked you up last season. I brought you into this world and I WILL take you out of it.


__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #190
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,236
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

So we just had our Fantasy Football draft. Here is my team. I loved my first few rounds and feel like I struggled a lot after that, but I'm not that diverse in my football knowledge.

Thoughts?

QB
Colin Kaepernick
Andy Dalton

WR
Calvin Johnson
A.J. Green
Mike Wallace
Chris Givens
Mohammed Sanu

RB
LeSean McCoy
David Wilson
Lamar Miller
Vick Ballard
Bernard Pierce

TE
Owen Daniels
Brandon Myers

K
Matt Prater

Defense
Rams

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #191
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 76,132
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
So we just had our Fantasy Football draft. Here is my team. I loved my first few rounds and feel like I struggled a lot after that, but I'm not that diverse in my football knowledge.

Thoughts?

QB
Colin Kaepernick
Andy Dalton

WR
Calvin Johnson
A.J. Green
Mike Wallace
Chris Givens
Mohammed Sanu

RB
LeSean McCoy
David Wilson
Lamar Miller
Vick Ballard
Bernard Pierce

TE
Owen Daniels
Brandon Myers

K
Matt Prater

Defense
Rams
What is the make up of your league? 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and a flex WR/TE or a flex RB/WR/TE?

I think you have too much talent at WR, not enough at QB and RB. Your RBs should be decent however. Ballard is a decent backup and your starters are alright, so that should be okay. I think you need to consider trading a WR and Kaepernick for a better QB. Dalton is a fantasy backup, not a starter. And I am predicting Kaepernick to be a fantasy bust this year. He got lucky last year. Defenses didn't know what to expect from him or the read option. Now they've had a full off season, during which he has been public enemy number one. Don't get me wrong, he'll do. But since you have too much talent at WR, I would think about trading Green or Wallace with Kaepernick for Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or even Matt Ryan. Proven pocket passers will guarantee big fantasy points. A scrambling sophomore QB is just too big of a fantasy gamble, IMO. If you are going to go for a sophomore, maybe you can get a straight trade of Kaepernick for Andrew Luck, who I think will be a top 5 fantasy QB this season, if his owner in your league is buying into the Kaepernick hype.

__________________
Avatar by Hunter Rider
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #192
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,236
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
What is the make up of your league? 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and a flex WR/TE or a flex RB/WR/TE?
Dead on.

Quote:
I think you have too much talent at WR, not enough at QB and RB. Your RBs should be decent however. Ballard is a decent backup and your starters are alright, so that should be okay. I think you need to consider trading a WR and Kaepernick for a better QB. Dalton is a fantasy backup, not a starter. And I am predicting Kaepernick to be a fantasy bust this year. He got lucky last year. Defenses didn't know what to expect from him or the read option. Now they've had a full off season, during which he has been public enemy number one. Don't get me wrong, he'll do. But since you have too much talent at WR, I would think about trading Green or Wallace with Kaepernick for Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or even Matt Ryan. Proven pocket passers will guarantee big fantasy points. A scrambling sophomore QB is just too big of a fantasy gamble, IMO. If you are going to go for a sophomore, maybe you can get a straight trade of Kaepernick for Andrew Luck, who I think will be a top 5 fantasy QB this season, if his owner in your league is buying into the Kaepernick hype.
I completely agree with your opinion on Kaepernick. My leauge has maybe 2 people who focus on Quarterbacks and the rest on RBs or WRs, so I wasn't thining QB early on. But this year everyone went QB. Rodgers, Brees, Manning, and Brady were gone before it even got to my first round pick (I was 6th), then Newton and Ryan got picked up before it got to my second. As a Bengal fan I had to pick up Green, and Griffen III was picked up shortly after. I was pretty bummed that by my third pick the best options were Kaepernick, Wilson, and Luck. So I went with the best RB that was left (McCoy) and decided to pick up whoever was left come my 4th round, which was Kaepernick.

As for Dalton, I took a gamble. With Green, Sanu, Gresham, and Eifert... I just have a feeling he's going to have a better than expected year. Plus, I like the idea of playing him alongside Green if Kaepernick has a bad year (and I'm expecting it).


Who do you think would be a better option... Kaepernick or Luck?

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #193
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 76,132
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Luck. Absolutely, 100 % Luck. Luck is a traditional pocket passer. My only reservation about adding Luck to your team is that you have Vick Ballard, meaning that 99 % of the time, one will score at the other's expense. Luckily, Ballard isn't one of your starters so it shouldn't be a huge deal, but I'd be weary of it. I think Mike Wallace and Colin Kaepernick for Brady, Brees, Manning, or Ryan is a fair deal. The only one I wouldn't take that trade for is Rodgers. I might bite if it were Megatron and Kaepernick for Rodgers, but even then....if I were you, I'd float Wallace and Kaepernick for Brady, Brees, Manning and Ryan. If you have to, make it Kaepernick and Green. I know he is a Bengal, but loyalty loses in fantasy. Plus as you've pointed out, the Bengals have a lot of targets for Dalton to choose from. That diminishes Green's productivity potential immensely. Hell, Wallace is really all that Miami has. You might be better off trading Green than Wallace.

Also, you should pick up, in free agency, Kenbrell Thompkins and Markus Wheaton. Both are rookies who should have decent seasons and will add a lot of depth to your bench for those bye weeks. At least one of the two should be available. Remember, wide receiver is a very deep position. Every year you will see about 10-20 fantasy breakouts in this position. Not all will be a Megatron, but you'll see a lot of players emerge out of no where who are passable flexes or even WR2s. So yeah, try that trade and get one or both of those receivers (Thompkins should take priority).

__________________
Avatar by Hunter Rider
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #194
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishHobbit View Post
So we just had our Fantasy Football draft. Here is my team. I loved my first few rounds and feel like I struggled a lot after that, but I'm not that diverse in my football knowledge.

Thoughts?

QB
Colin Kaepernick
Andy Dalton

WR
Calvin Johnson
A.J. Green
Mike Wallace
Chris Givens
Mohammed Sanu

RB
LeSean McCoy
David Wilson
Lamar Miller
Vick Ballard
Bernard Pierce

TE
Owen Daniels
Brandon Myers

K
Matt Prater

Defense
Rams
Quite frankly, you've assembled a pretty good team, considering your League's Roster Limitations. Lamar Miller is set to have an enormous year & LeSean is going to flourish in Chip's system. Megatron & Green is a MUST, I have to disagree with Matt's assessment on the primacy of options in a passing attack when it comes to Dalton. Matt Ryan has some decent recievers, notably Roddy but he feeds Julio first and most often. QBs have favorite targets and they're usually far more valuable than the rest, couple this with the fact that Dalton loves to throw and is very efficient with the ball when it comes to Green's targets and he's a far more reliable option than Mike Wallace. To be frank, Wallace was always there for the speed route, the home run, he's not an every possession receiver and I don't trust Tannehill in the least. Do NOT give up AJ Green.

I don't trust Kaep either though but there's a bright side on that note, by Week 2 or 3 you'll be able to see if he remains a dual threat. If he's still able to rack up points on the ground and through the air then you'll either keep him or his trade value will skyrocket. In the meantime, Dalton is a safe pick in a division where they may very well win out, they're young, confident, and full of talent. Don't be hasty with a trade for QB, you have a great prospect that everyone is high on, his value will not evaporate if you wait to see how the first few weeks play out.

Chris Givens, Ballard, & Meyers are all diamonds in the rough with the potential to be major players.

__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #195
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Hey CC, you ready for that beatdown to start tomorrow? What cruel Fate decided to toss you into the Lion's Den in Week 1?

I would say I pity you, but that would be a lie.

__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #196
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!
 
The Incredible Hulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps!
Posts: 30,504
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Do I play Scam Newton against the STAUNCH Seattle D this weekend? Or should I assume Kaepernick is going to rape the Packers again and roll with him?

__________________
Superheroes: Serious Business!
The Incredible Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #197
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination
 
zeroapoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 6,471
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

I'd say Kaepernick.

zeroapoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:37 PM   #198
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling
 
JewishHobbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Eastern Time Zone
Posts: 25,236
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
Quite frankly, you've assembled a pretty good team, considering your League's Roster Limitations. Lamar Miller is set to have an enormous year & LeSean is going to flourish in Chip's system. Megatron & Green is a MUST, I have to disagree with Matt's assessment on the primacy of options in a passing attack when it comes to Dalton. Matt Ryan has some decent recievers, notably Roddy but he feeds Julio first and most often. QBs have favorite targets and they're usually far more valuable than the rest, couple this with the fact that Dalton loves to throw and is very efficient with the ball when it comes to Green's targets and he's a far more reliable option than Mike Wallace. To be frank, Wallace was always there for the speed route, the home run, he's not an every possession receiver and I don't trust Tannehill in the least. Do NOT give up AJ Green.
With the exception of a few minor drops (aka... minor back up slots), I've decided to keep who I have and see how it plays out. And while I see Matt's concern on A.J. Green, I can't drop him. No matter how many other targets Dalton has now, I still see Green as his top receiver.

Quote:
In the meantime, Dalton is a safe pick in a division where they may very well win out, they're young, confident, and full of talent.
Just wanted to emphasize this

Quote:
Chris Givens, Ballard, & Meyers are all diamonds in the rough with the potential to be major players.
This guys I know nothing about, so that's good to hear.

__________________
Follow my writing career at:

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:32 PM   #199
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
Do I play Scam Newton against the STAUNCH Seattle D this weekend? Or should I assume Kaepernick is going to rape the Packers again and roll with him?
As an unbiased observer with no stake in the matter, go with Cam.

__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #200
Genesis 1.0
Thread Overlord's Minion
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 8,877
Default Re: The 2013-2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Hey CC, I know you're working at the moment but if you see this before our match starts tonight, make sure you have your Roster set. It'll be locked for any Raven or Bronco.

__________________

The Baltimore Ravens:
Stab N' Grab World Champions


"What is Dead may never Die."
Genesis 1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.