Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 01:27 AM   #776
Wheels
Explicit Ambrose Violence

Default Re: You Aren't Fit To Lace Up The Wrestling Thread's Chuck Taylors

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
Yeah atleast now there is something going on besides this Aces & 8s crap that hopefully dies at Bound for Glory. Which ironically would mean that it didn't drag on as long as the NWO angle which should have ended at StarrCade 97.
Aces and 8's as a concept was damn good, even if it is a D.O.A./nWo hybrid. It's just the group's roster is lacking outside of the leader. Super Mex might have been a decent heavy for Aces and 8's. Magnus could have been the future star Orton type. Kid Kash or Eric Young as the X Division guy, then ODB as the Knockout, then try and get the Briscoes as your tag team.

Also, Brooke Tessmacher joining Ace's and 8's is stupid. Mickie James needs opponents and you turn Brooke heel? That doesn't make sense at all.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo

Last edited by Wheels; 08-30-2013 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:06 AM   #777
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
I had a wonderful night.

)
His knuckles are almost as wide as the center plate. I wonder if he can even text with fingers like that?

Old 08-30-2013, 05:37 AM   #778
Slushy
The Man

The Wrestling Thread also got fired by TNA!

Make it so!

Old 08-30-2013, 06:00 AM   #779
Wheels

The World Wrestling Thread of the World

Sorry About Your Damn Wrestling Thread

The Greatest Wrestling Thread That Ever Lived

#AskTheWrestlingThread

The Wrestling Thread of the Selfish Generation

The Wrestling Thread is Brought to You by 5 Hour Energy

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo

Last edited by Wheels; 08-30-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #780
Superark
The Purveyor of Good

www.pwinsider.com

WHO ARE THE FINAL FOUR IN THE BOUND FOR GLORY SERIES - IMPACT SPOILERS FROM CLEVELAND
by Matt Pocock @ 8:45 AM on 8/30/2013

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Just returned home from the Impact taping in Cleveland. It was a really fun show (my first in 7 or 8 years) however I've already driven 3 hours home so apologies for any mistakes. As a note, the arena was maybe 40% full. Entire upper level empty, and lower bowl only went around a tad over halfway (floor was packed however).

Xplosion Match: Eric Young beat Jay Bradley

Impact:

After this match Mickie James came out and talked about being bummed she didn't get invited to the VMA's, but as a consolation she had a MJA award (small star trophy). ODB comes out and things begin to heat up. ODB turns her back to Mickie and get's nailed with the trophy. Minor fight breaks out in the ring, and eventually ODB gets the better of the exchange and tears Mickie's t-shirt off (which revealed another top underneath that was obvious from the get go).

Then we get all of Ace's and Eights back in the Ring. Bully complains about Hogan's power trip at the end of Impact, and then announces that the A&8 are gonna take care of business tonight. Knox is going to face Chris Sabin, Bischoff and Briscoe will face James Storm and Gunner, and Anderson will take care of business in the "gauntlet" match.

Knox stays in the ring, Bully stays at ringside, and out comes Sabin for what I assume will be the first match. Eventually Bully tosses the hammer into Knox and distracts the ref, however Sabin kicks Knox to gain control of the hammer and nails Knox with it. Ref saw the strike, and DQ's Sabin.

Next up was the "gauntlet" match. I use the quotes because the match was a mini Royal Rumble, not a traditional gauntlet match. Every 90 seconds or so the next person on the leader board comes in (match started with Hernandez and Jay Bradley). This was a very long and entertaining match. Some of the highlights of the match included Samoa Joe eliminating Anderson with a head kick while Anderson was sitting on turnbuckle. He took a nasty fall to the floor, and ref's called for medical. He walked off on his own a little woozy, and you could see he was bleeding from the back of his head. A lot of big names were eliminated earlier than I would've expected (namely Jeff Hardy, Samoa Joe, and Magnus who was there for the second episode). Final two in the match were AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels, with AJ picking up the win after hitting him with the Pele kick. AJ finishes the Bound for Glory Series in first place!

Next up was the tag team match between Storm and Gunner vs. Briscoe and Bischoff. By now the crowd was getting burned out and a little quiet. A&8 won the match after Gunner took a shot to the back of the head with some brass knuckles by Bischoff I believe. Post match A&8 gestured and continued to yell about coming after the tag belts.

After this match they brought out the final four in the Bound for Glory series, AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Magnus, and Bobby Roode. AJ was allowed to choose his first opponent for No Surrender, and he chooses Austin Aries. That leaves Magnus and Bobby Roode in the second semifinal match.

They showed us a quick clip from the back (our first of the second taping) of Bully riding Anderson for losing the Bound for Glory series. He tells him that everyone else is stepping up, and it's time for him to do his part.

Main event time as Sting comes out to the loudest pop of this episode. Bully is next accompanied by Brooke, Tito Ortiz, and Anderson. Bully gets on the mike and says that there is no way he's defending the title against Sting, because he lost that right at Slammiversary. Out comes Hogan who never mentions the title implication, but tosses Tito out (yet allows Anderson to stay) and says that the match is no DQ. Another long, solid match from these two. Sting nailed Bully with a steel chair numerous times at one point, and Bully once again removed the ring apron in one corner (similar to Slammiversary). Sting has Bully in Scorpion Death Lock when the rest of A&8 hit the ring. Out comes the Mafia to take care of them, and the match is once again 1 on 1 (keep in mind Anderson has done nothing but sit at ringside the entire time). Sting once again gets Bully in the Death Lock, and Anderson jumps up with hammer in hand. Bully reaches for the hammer, but Anderson doesn't give it to him forcing Bully to tap out. Sting wins the match! Anderson jumps in the ring, gets in Bully's face and asks why he didn't take care of business tonight, then announces that at No Surrender he is challenging Bully for the title, and it will belong to Mrrrrr. Annnnnndersonnnnn!!!!! Andersonnn!! Good ending, and the crowd was very much in Mr. Anderson's corner at the end.

Following the Impact taping they repaired the ring for a final Xplosion match between Kaz and Hernandez (as the crowd filed out).

Match was eventually won by Hernandez (I believe. Kind of a blur right now).

Old 08-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #781
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...star-aj-styles

I guess people can stop worrying.

Quote:
Believe it or not, reports from WWE say that they are not interested in him, although that could always change. WWE has a policy to not take wrestlers from TNA. It’s not a 100% policy or anything like that but they didn’t jump on Bobby Roode when his contract was up, and haven’t signed Matt Morgan.

Old 08-30-2013, 08:13 AM   #782
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I can see reasons for such a hypothetical deal not being in the best interests of either Styles or the WWE. As long as TNA remains afloat, it's probably the right place for AJ to be in.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:27 AM   #783
Wheels

AJ has never main evented Bound for Glory. The guy is Mr. TNA and he deserves that spot.

Quote:
-- Vince Russo
Old 08-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #784
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Old 08-30-2013, 08:36 AM   #785
Lobo
Sith Fisto

Rollins and Bryan have come a long way

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/

Last edited by Lobo; 08-30-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #786
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
The NXT divas division is ridiculously good. Paige, Emma, Summer Rae, Bayley, Sasha Banks, and Charlotte. We've got Rebecca Knox coming in as well.
The NXT Divas division is better overall than the main roster Divas division. Only 3 or 4 of the main divas are good.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #787
strikezone89
Smarks Chat CM PUNK :-/

Just watched AJ Styles "shoot" I feel it went that way for 1 of 2 reasons;
1. Try and up his stock to get the contract he wants
2. Try and up his stock and setup Punk and Styles when he signs with WWE

1) The Dark Knight 2) Guardians of the Galaxy 3) Captain America: TWS 4) Incredible Hulk 5)The Avengers

"Let's put a smile on that face"
Old 08-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #788
The End
Side-Kick

Excellent episode of Smackdown. Just excellent! WWE have really upped their game, Smackdown used to be such a bore, now its consistently good week in and week out.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Bryan making the save for Miz and chasing everyone outta the ring was great, hope we see more of that.

The beatdown at the end was very intense, with shades of NWO. Orton parading a defeated Bryan around the ring for the audience to see was a nice touch.

This can ONLY lead to Bryan getting pissed off and getting his revenge, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #789
Superark
The Purveyor of Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
AJ has never main evented Bound for Glory. The guy is Mr. TNA and he deserves that spot.
He main evented and beat Sting at BFG in 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikezone89 View Post
Just watched AJ Styles "shoot" I feel it went that way for 1 of 2 reasons;
1. Try and up his stock to get the contract he wants
2. Try and up his stock and setup Punk and Styles when he signs with WWE
AJ is not signing with WWE. They have no interest in him, and honestly I do not feel like he has much interest in them either. It all comes down to money and not wanting to take a pay cut.

It's being reported that AJ is going to be working under the stipulations of his current deal once it expires while they negotiate on a new contract.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #790
Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superark View Post
He main evented and beat Sting at BFG in 2009.

AJ is not signing with WWE. They have no interest in him, and honestly I do not feel like he has much interest in them either. It all comes down to money and not wanting to take a pay cut.

It's being reported that AJ is going to be working under the stipulations of his current deal once it expires while they negotiate on a new contract.
I should have remembered that . I don't really remember that show very much

Quote:
-- Vince Russo
Old 08-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #791
sweetre15
Positive Page

UPDATE: Several of WWE's top producers/agents as well as production personnel have been discussing the recent comments Hulk Hogan made about TNA. Many feel that Hogan and Bischoff have been a poison to the company, with some saying that they have crippled TNA. Here is what a top WWE production person had to say about the situation…

"Vince McMahon forgives and forgets, and if he can make a dollar off Hogan in the future, you'll see the Hulkster back in WWE. But everyone is buzzing at just how Hogan and Bischoff have all but crippled that company, and have done nothing to get it out of the hole Bruce Prichard dug for the company when he was in Dixie's ear."

Source: EwrestlingNews

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/1...n-bischoff-tna

Old 08-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #792
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy

44% convinced Hogan/Bischoff ruined TNA under Vince's orders.

2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
Old 08-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #793
Superark
The Purveyor of Good

Credit www.PWInsider.com

AJ STYLES-TNA UPDATE
by Dave Scherer @ 8:51 AM on 8/30/2013

The word making the rounds over the past week was that AJ Styles and TNA had agreed to, at least, a short term contract extension. Styles' contract was set to expire very shortly and both sides were said to be working on a compromise that would keep him with the company.

No one would comment officially as to whether Styles had agreed to a short term or long term team deal but it's clear after the events that took place at Impact last night that he will be with the company for at least the short term.
I personally hope it's for the long-term.

As we noted last night on the site, Michael Hutter worked the dark match at Impact in Cleveland. He pretty much did the patriotic gimmick that he had once pitched to WWE, coming out in red, white and blue in a takeoff of Bruce Springsteen from the "Born in the USA" era.

MORE ON TNA-AJ STYLES, BIG NAME NOT AT IMPACT LAST NIGHT AND MORE BACKSTAGE NOTES
by Mike Johnson @ 1:16 PM on 8/30/2013

As Dave noted this morning on the site, TNA and AJ Styles have agreed to a short term contract extension. One source told me this morning it's a deal that will take the two sides a little past Bound for Glory. They will continue negotiations for a longer deal, but as Dave has written, it's going to be money that tells the tale of whether Styles stays or not.

TNA has posted Styles' promo from last night on Impact, which was really, really good and has a lot of truth to it about the company always coming back to him in the end:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

One person who didn't hear Styles' message (at least not live when it happened) was TNA President Dixie Carter, who was not in attendance at last night's taping. We heard from one reader that believes she spotted Carter at last night's Vanderbilt vs. Ole Miss college football game, but we can't 100% confirm that. As I wrote yesterday, there were people in the company waiting to see how Carter interacted with Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff after Hogan's comments in Toronto. They will have to wait until the No Surrender TV taping on 9/12.

Magnus, who was pulled from the taping due to the travel time he needed to return from the UK after getting his new work visa, actually arrived in Cleveland just after the taping began and was backstage most of last night. That's how he was able to work next week's taping.

In regard to the BFG Series, we are told that the plan was never to make the tournament a full-fledged round robin tournament this year where everyone faces everyone in Series matches. Since the company had cut back on the number of events it was running, they never would have had enough time, so it was never in the cards - as opposed to a change made mid-stream.
Devon's deal with the company expires in October.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #794
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

You saying Hogan trojan horsed TNA and plans to bring them down from the inside?

Sounds like a wrestling storyline.

If the Hulkster didn't have such a big ego he could just go back to WWE and make some coin. He might not be allowed to wrestling or the centre of storylines like he is in TNA but atleast he would be in big time.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #795
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I would of thought Magnus is whatever the U.S equivalent of a naturalized citizen is.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #796
vantheman77
Side-Kick

The cat's out of the bag that WWE watches TNA.

There's lots of heat on Dixie Carter as of late and deservedly so. Her priorities may now be in question as to whether Hulk Hogan's comments about her are true on whether she's in the wrestling business or she's treating it like a hobby.

I'm glad that AJ Styles has signed a short-term extension for now and I'm glad WWE is not interested in him nor do I see him leaving after 11 years of being the face of TNA.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #797
Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
The cat's out of the bag that WWE watches TNA.

There's lots of heat on Dixie Carter as of late and deservedly so. Her priorities may now be in question as to whether Hulk Hogan's comments about her are true on whether she's in the wrestling business or she's treating it like a hobby.

I'm glad that AJ Styles has signed a short-term extension for now and I'm glad WWE is not interested in him nor do I see him leaving after 11 years of being the face of TNA.
I'd hardly call him the top face in TNA when Dixie pushes everyone over him and has constantly stuck him in the midcard throughout his career.

Quote:
-- Vince Russo

Last edited by Wheels; 08-30-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #798
Slushy
The Man

Well, at least AJ's sticking around for Bound For Glory. Be funny if he beat Dudley for the title then left the company.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #799
Lobo
Sith Fisto

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 08-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #800
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Finally, someone posts a picture of a hot girl in this thread.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Closed Thread