Iron Man 3 27 21.77%
Man Of Steel 49 39.52%
The Wolverine 43 34.68%
Kick-Ass 2 5 4.03%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #101
Bim
Side-Kick

Default Re: Best Comic Book movie of the summer?

The way i rank them:
1) The Wolverine
2) Iron Man 3
3) Man of Steel

Havent really seen Kick-Ass 2 and i'm not interested in seeing it either.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #102
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

On a message board for celeb pics a user said he liked origins better because he called the wolverine boring.

God forbid they actully have a story instead of just throwing things In.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #103
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I do think TW will be the CBM of this summer that will stand up most to repeat viewings. There was more character and emotion in it than the other movies, though MOS was deeper than people give it credit for as well.

I think IM3 will have the least re-watch value out of all of them.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #104
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I really find it so hard to believe what's so deep about MOS. Maybe if Snyder/Goyer gave the characters some depth or story development, I would agree on that. But no. Like I said in page 3, the movie felt like a list of bullet points instead of a flowing story. With multiple viewings, it will not change that.

With The Wolverine, the last act gets better and for some people who had a trouble following the story, it gets better too with multiple viewings.

With Iron Man 3, the movie is very easy to follow, but I think the Mandarin twist will just continue to leave a bad taste in people's mouth especially the fanboys and the film won't stand the test of time.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #105
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I'm thinking that thor 2 could end up being the best one of the year

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #106
Greens
Dude

1. Kick-Ass 2
2. Iron Man 3
3. Man of Steel
4. The Wolverine

I enjoyed all four but I had the most fun with Kick-Ass 2. The Wolverine was good but ultimately forgettable IMO. Iron Man 3 and MoS are interchangeable, really.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #107
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I really find it so hard to believe what's so deep about MOS. Maybe if Snyder/Goyer gave the characters some depth or story development, I would agree on that. But no. Like I said in page 3, the movie felt like a list of bullet points instead of a flowing story. With multiple viewings, it will not change that.

With The Wolverine, the last act gets better and for some people who had a trouble following the story, it gets better too with multiple viewings.

With Iron Man 3, the movie is very easy to follow, but I think the Mandarin twist will just continue to leave a bad taste in people's mouth especially the fanboys and the film won't stand the test of time.
Well, its been a while since I saw MOS, and I have saw a lot of movies since, but I remember being surprised how much depth and emotion was in the story when seeing it, same with Watchmen funnily enough, which was also by Snyder. Both movies have more depth than they are credited with and both have emotion, which in my eyes makes you care for the characters.

It had some powerful moments as well, like Superman finally choosing Earth over Krypton and destroying Krypton's last legacy, the priest telling Superman he requires a little faith to believe in humanity, and then the moments of humanity accepting him. There were others but again my memory is sketchy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greens View Post
1. Kick-Ass 2
2. Iron Man 3
3. Man of Steel
4. The Wolverine

I enjoyed all four but I had the most fun with Kick-Ass 2. The Wolverine was good but ultimately forgettable IMO. Iron Man 3 and MoS are interchangeable, really.
I did have the most fun with KA2, even when seeing it twice I really enjoyed it both times and will be re-visiting it on BD. I think over time it will go above IM3 for me, not sure about the other two though.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(17)47 Ronin-6(18)Monuments Men-5(19)Ride Along-5(20)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 08-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #108
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
On a message board for celeb pics a user said he liked origins better because he called the wolverine boring.

God forbid they actully have a story instead of just throwing things In.
Exactly. People need one-liner comedy and big scale fights and explosions to be kept interested anymore.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:29 PM   #109
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Well, its been a while since I saw MOS, and I have saw a lot of movies since, but I remember being surprised how much depth and emotion was in the story when seeing it, same with Watchmen funnily enough, which was also by Snyder. Both movies have more depth than they are credited with and both have emotion, which in my eyes makes you care for the characters.

It had some powerful moments as well, like Superman finally choosing Earth over Krypton and destroying Krypton's last legacy, the priest telling Superman he requires a little faith to believe in humanity, and then the moments of humanity accepting him. There were others but again my memory is sketchy.
Eh, I didn't buy it those as "deep". Yes they were trying to have a deep/serious tone in the film, but the flow of the story just ruined it, same with Watchmen. I felt like MOS was full of fluff.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:59 AM   #110
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Well, the troubled Clark's childhood. In all honesty it kinda worked for a while. Then, they dropped the ball by having all Smallville knowing about Clark's powers.

And Jonathan's death, which was supposed to be powerful and meaningful but that, to me, was absolutely stupid. You don't have to die in the middle opf absolute chaos to show people Clark's not super-powered (it's not like they were paying attention) and there's no way in the universe Clark would have let Jonathan die, or at the very least not without a damn good reason - I admit I can't think of one - or some damn good obstacle stopping him. Now, if you're doing it anyways, then show us the consequences of it. Pa Kent died to stop his son from showing his powers to the world, next thing we know he's showing his powers to the world by saving people. What happened in between? How come he got over Pa Kent's death? What did it mean to him?

Well... but that's what I think people took as deep.

Quote:
I liked it that it was a nice well done action movie without trying to be more.

Quote:
I wasn't too happy with (much like IM2) an Iron Man-less Iron Man movie. Then Mandarin twist came and destroyed whatever joy I was squeezing out of IM3.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #111
antonydelfini
Did I get You?!!

1. The Wolverine 8.5/10 (3rd best superhero movie of all-time behind Avengers and TDK)
2. TIE: Iron Man 3 & Man of Steel 8/10
3. Haven't watched Kick-Ass 2

Hopefully Thor 2 can match up to these movies.

antonydelfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #112
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

I didn't have problems with Viper/the ending.When I go into the X-Men universe,I expect Mutants and action.Someone behind the scenes was wise enough to see that they included some in the end.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #113
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Eh, I didn't buy it those as "deep". Yes they were trying to have a deep/serious tone in the film, but the flow of the story just ruined it, same with Watchmen. I felt like MOS was full of fluff.
As with WM, I thought the story did have flow to it, TDK worked in a similar style, and TDK is better than both movies, but both MOS and WM flowed fine to me, and both had emotion and depth. Ah well, we will just have to agree to disagree on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I didn't have problems with Viper/the ending.When I go into the X-Men universe,I expect Mutants and action.Someone behind the scenes was wise enough to see that they included some in the end.
I wasnt bothered that they included any of it, it was how it was all handled. It was meant to be climax of the movie, yet it had the worst action scene/s in the movie, and the drama and plot turns were pretty poor as well, which made things even worse.

It really felt like these moments were forced on Mangold and he did a shoddy job on them because of it.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #114
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

1. Man of Steel
2. The Wolverine
3. Iron Man 3

Haven't seen Kick-Ass 2 yet.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #115
Mr. Dent
Banned User

1. Iron Man 3
2. Wolverine
3. Kick-Ass 2

****: Man of Murder

Man of Steel was the biggest disappointment since Spider-Man 3 by a long mile.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 09-01-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:57 AM   #116
weezerspider
Side-Kick

The Wolverine had its moments and the first two acts were overall pretty good, but that third act is really pretty cheesy.

Iron Man 3 starts off way too slow and drags a bit at times, but has a lot of great writing, action and humor throughout. I loved the twist, but the film's tone seemed to be a bit TOO jokey.

Man Of Steel had a lot of great action, acting and great spectacle, but the writing was pretty awful and the plot was rushed and at times non-existent. It was a little TOO serious.

Haven't seen KA2. The comic sucked. I'll try the film though eventually.

I'll say The Wolverine had the best tone that's for sure. It was mostly serious, but it had a few good jokes that didn't fall flat( 'I'm pretty sure thats only when you kiss another human' HOLY **** GOYER THATS LOW EVEN FOR YOU), but like I said, it was mostly serious and knew when not to joke.(Like when your hero is about to be killed by the villain, *cough* IM3*Cough*).

Overall, it'll be a solid comic book film summer for me, but sort of the 'wasted potential' one too. All three films had moments of brilliance, but overall couldn't quite work. A few pacing issues would have pretty much secured a solid 9/10 from me for IM3 even with the overall humorous tone still intact. A little more character depth and plot development from MoS would have probably put it in my top 5 CB films and a stronger 3rd act from The Wolverine could have seriously made that a top 5 CB film for me too. All three could have been great, and sadly, overall, are higher middle of the pack level CB films. These films are way better than a lot of the **** we've got(FF FF2, X3, Sm3, HULK, Daredevil, GR GR2, XO:W), but I don't see myself watching these three films annually.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #117
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Thats a pretty good summation of the 1st 3, all 3 could have been something really special with some tweaking here and there, which is a shame.

KA2 surprised me the most out of all of them, but was the worst made movie out of all of them.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #118
SymbioteKal-El
Side-Kick

Kick-Ass 2 is the most fun I have had the movies all year so far, so I voted for that, all the others were 3/5, KA2 was 4/5, damn the critics, KA2 was the comic book movie that got my heart racing the most this year.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #119
Milu
Batterson J. Manford III

1. Iron Man 3 - Solid writing and a clever twist.
2. The Wolverine - First Class was bit of a tough act to follow, but at least this was better than that other Wolverine movie.
3. Man of Steel - Not as bad as critics say, but even Marvel Studios's worst is better than this.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #120
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

The Wolverine is Winning.

All's right with the world

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #121
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post

Yes. Once again.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #122
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post

First Class won too in this type of poll in 2011.

I hope DOFP is going to be the best CBM of 2014!

Old 09-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #123
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

You make a good point, consecutively the better movies of the bunch.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #124
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Dont we all, though I personally didnt think TW was the best this year, its great to be able to see good X-Men movies being again, I hope DOFP can deliver on its promise.

Old 09-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #125
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Ooohhhh its getting very close now with Wolverine and MOS, it will be interesting to see which one comes out on top.