The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: Which scenario do you want to see happen?
Scenario 1 7 17.07%
Scenario 2 2 4.88%
Scenario 3 2 4.88%
Scenario 4 4 9.76%
Scenario 5 8 19.51%
Scenario 6 5 12.20%
Scenario 7 13 31.71%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #101
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: World's Finest? Justice League? Reboot? No reboot? Solo Movies before or after?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
i don't find it ridiculous at all, but then again i don't live in a world where the hulk is a cultural icon. batman? yes. superman? yes. wonder woman? yes. spider-man? yes. hulk? nope. he's a lot closer to gl and flash then he is to those actual icons.
Nah. If you throw WW on that list, you have to include Hulk. Only Supes/Bats/Spidey are on that A-list tier. I think Hulk is easily the second most recognizable character in the Marvel universe.

Last edited by Mr.M; 08-29-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #102
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Default Re: World's Finest? Justice League? Reboot? No reboot? Solo Movies before or after?

I would argue that these days, Wolverine is probably ahead of Hulk, though not by a huge margin. He has had a whole bunch of movie appearances, after all: five to Hulk's three.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #103
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Nah. If you throw WW on that list, you have to include Hulk. Only Supes/Bats/Spidey are on that A-list tier. I think Hulk is easily the second most recognizable character in the Marvel universe.
you actually don't. she IS the quintessential female superhero. that's why she's included in that. and he's not the second most recognizable, wolverine is.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #104
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I would argue that these days, Wolverine is probably ahead of Hulk, though not by a huge margin. He has had a whole bunch of movie appearances, after all: five to Hulk's three.
yep.

Old 08-30-2013, 06:06 AM   #105
TheJediBrah
Side-Kick

Quote:
i don't find it ridiculous at all, but then again i don't live in a world where the hulk is a cultural icon. batman? yes. superman? yes. wonder woman? yes. spider-man? yes. hulk? nope. he's a lot closer to gl and flash then he is to those actual icons.
You're right about Spiderman, Batman and Superman. Add in Hulk and you've got the 4 most known superheroes to the general public.
No Idea where you pulled Wonder Woman from.

Growing up as a kid, Hulk is one of the biggest that everyone knows and always references, even 40 year old mums and 5 year old kids who have never seen a comic book in their life.

This is from someone who has never read a comic book. If you're talking about "cultural icon" for comic book readers, then you might be right, I wouldn't know.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Actually, I would have to agree with this. I forgot about Wolverine. Since Hugh Jackman made all those movies Wolverine would have to be pretty high up the list too. Maybe even above Hulk.

TheJediBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #106
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I'd still say Wonder Woman ranks up there. She actually had a TV show, multiple seasons even. That's huge, as far as public recognition; its why the Hulk is as known as he is.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:57 AM   #107
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Wonder Woman is definitely one of the more famous super-heroes, but she is not A-List, not to the real world the only real A Listers will always be:

Superman
Batman
Spider-Man

These three are the most enduring and popular superhero characters, everybody knows the Batman theme, the Spider-Man song and everybody knows that Superman above all is THE superhero in Spider-Man Peter is told "You're not Superman, you know". After those three, if there was an A- List, for example, I'd say it goes:

Robin
Wolverine
Hulk
Iron Man
Wonder Woman
Supergirl

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #108
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
You're right about Spiderman, Batman and Superman. Add in Hulk and you've got the 4 most known superheroes to the general public.
No Idea where you pulled Wonder Woman from.

Growing up as a kid, Hulk is one of the biggest that everyone knows and always references, even 40 year old mums and 5 year old kids who have never seen a comic book in their life.

This is from someone who has never read a comic book. If you're talking about "cultural icon" for comic book readers, then you might be right, I wouldn't know.

EDIT:

Actually, I would have to agree with this. I forgot about Wolverine. Since Hugh Jackman made all those movies Wolverine would have to be pretty high up the list too. Maybe even above Hulk.
this is about what you like, brah. we're talking about cultural meaning. not how many movies, tv shows or cartoons she's had. wondy IS the female icon. whether most women have read a comic book or not, I'd bet alot of them have heard of her and/or know something about her. you can't look at this with fanboy glasses when we're talking about the affect of the characters culturally. WB may act like they don't give a **** about her, but she is a big deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultura...f_Wonder_Woman

Last edited by ЯɘvlveR; 08-30-2013 at 07:07 PM.
ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #109
TheJediBrah
Side-Kick

Quote:
this about what you like, brah. we're talking about cultural meaning. not how many movies, tv shows or cartoons she's had. wondy IS the female icon. whether most women have read a comic book or not, I'd bet alot women have heard of her and/or know something about her. you can look at this with fanboy glasses when we're talking about the affect of the characters culturally. WB may act like they don't give a **** about her, but she is a big deal.
All I'm saying, is that to the General Public she isn't as well known as the Hulk.

Maybe "cultural icon" means something different, I'm not sure, you may be right about that.

But growing up as a kid, everyone knows the hulk

Old 08-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #110
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
All I'm saying, is that to the General Public she isn't as well known as the Hulk.

Maybe "cultural icon" means something different, I'm not sure, you may be right about that.

But growing up as a kid, everyone knows the hulk
if everyone did, it would have done much better at the box office the 2 times they made a film about him. hulk is recognizable, but wonder woman is emblematic. she means more then just a comic book superhero. when you transcend beyond that, that's when you become an icon. and hulk isn't that. I'd say that iron man is closer to becoming one of those then the hulk is.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #111
TheJediBrah
Side-Kick

Quote:
if everyone did, it would have done much better at the box office the 2 times they made a film about him. hulk is recognizable, but wonder woman is emblematic. she means more then just a comic book superhero. when you transcend beyond that, that's when you become an icon. and hulk isn't that. I'd say that iron man is closer to becoming one of those then the hulk is.
Not sure what you mean by "emblematic" and "icon".

But at least we can agree that Hulk is much more well known than "Wonder Woman" (I'm still not even really sure who or what she is)

Old 08-31-2013, 09:09 PM   #112
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

yeah, i never agreed on that. in fact, that's what this whole entire debate was about. we'll agree to disagree.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:12 AM   #113
TheJediBrah
Side-Kick

Quote:
yeah, i never agreed on that. in fact, that's what this whole entire debate was about. we'll agree to disagree.
I don't agree to that.