The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 08-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #26
JOE

Default Re: Man of Steel does have kryptonite

Light bulb thread. I can dig the idea. Don't know how they'll use it though. Have Lex trick him into going into a room with a replicated Kryptonian environment? I'll pass. I thought the same at first when I saw MOS. No need for the hate, it's heavily debatable and can sustain it's own thread.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #27
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how they portray Batman now -- if he is the antagonist in the film then we really have the potential of seeing Batman infiltrating this world of MoS -- he creates the Kryptonite, the only weapon against the Kryptonians -- and this immediately places his role in the continuity as one of the most intelligent and formidable forces to deal with. To draw parallels with the DKR it'd mean that the govt would really have someone to fear in this masked crusader who has bested even the Man of Steel. We see lingering nods to John Byrne's MoS issue where Bats & Supes meet up, their initial antagonisms, their mutual alliance, and ulitmately their inevitable encounter at Crime Alley where the kryptonite is exposed the most and Clark is faced with an even greater threat than before because not only is he careful on not killing anyone this time, not only is he alone facing certain death, but he's actually getting beaten by a mere human being.

Thematically, Kryptonite could be the next big addition to the Superman cinematic franchise by putting in the Dark Knight's fingers...

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #28
MarvelNews
Newbie First Class

The kryptonite will be in the belt of Ben Affleck.

MarvelNews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #29
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
I'm actually looking forward to seeing how they portray Batman now -- if he is the antagonist in the film then we really have the potential of seeing Batman infiltrating this world of MoS -- he creates the Kryptonite, the only weapon against the Kryptonians -- and this immediately places his role in the continuity as one of the most intelligent and formidable forces to deal with. To draw parallels with the DKR it'd mean that the govt would really have someone to fear in this masked crusader who has bested even the Man of Steel. We see lingering nods to John Byrne's MoS issue where Bats & Supes meet up, their initial antagonisms, their mutual alliance, and ulitmately their inevitable encounter at Crime Alley where the kryptonite is exposed the most and Clark is faced with an even greater threat than before because not only is he careful on not killing anyone this time, not only is he alone facing certain death, but he's actually getting beaten by a mere human being.

Thematically, Kryptonite could be the next big addition to the Superman cinematic franchise by putting in the Dark Knight's fingers...
I doubt that Batman will create Kryptonite.
That would make it artificial.

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:35 PM   #30
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juansuperiron20 View Post
I don't think so... kryptonite affects superman and weaks him more than the red sun(that only put him as a human) and could kill him with it's radiation..
To me green Kryptonite significantly weakens him and poison (kills him slowly over time) him. Red solar radiation completely depowers him but doesn't poison him.

If green Kryptonite was that powerful the some one like Metallo could kill Superman with one punch once exposed to the rock.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #31
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Agreed

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:22 AM   #32
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Kryptonite used to be the rare irradiated fragments of Krypton -- it is already tampered material; and didn't both Batman and Luthor synthesize the rock several times in the comics before?

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:

Old 08-30-2013, 04:40 AM   #33
sf2
Side-Kick

question: how do they know kryptonite will weaken superman?

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #34
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

They dont.

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #35
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Batman figures it out. It takes Clark --and everyone else who conceive of him being invincible-- by surprise.

EDIT: as for how Batman figures it out? Again, he doesn't until he tests it on the field. He risks his neck on it. This is science-savvy Batman.

Old 09-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #36
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
Batman figures it out. It takes Clark --and everyone else who conceive of him being invincible-- by surprise.

EDIT: as for how Batman figures it out? Again, he doesn't until he tests it on the field. He risks his neck on it. This is science-savvy Batman.
Really? It sounds too stupid for batman.
N in MOS version, I don't think CLark knows about the effect of K on him. Or is there K in the MOS universe?

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #37
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Really? It sounds too stupid for batman.
N in MOS version, I don't think CLark knows about the effect of K on him. Or is there K in the MOS universe?
I finally got around to making the gif images showing the origins of Kryptonite in MOS. I tryed explaining the scene before but most people just over looked it. Here it is in all its glorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
When Zod warped way from Krypton they sucked some debris from the planet with them. Then when the came out of the warp the debris got scattered. This happens right before they find the World engine on that dead Kryptonian outpost. The only problem i see with that is that the only way for that debris to reach earth is for that outpost to be somewhere in our solar system.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 12-04-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote