The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Celebrities

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 11:35 PM   #526
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination

Default Re: The Jane Levy appreciation thread - Part 2

I like our frat house. Less condescension.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:22 AM   #527
The Hill
Frat House Member

Geeze, I feel like I missed something special here... TO THE MAN CAVE, ROBIN!

"Shepard you're missing it! It's Goddamn GLORIOUS! I'm clawing out bodies out here!" Grunt Mass Effect 2
Old 09-01-2013, 02:36 AM   #528
SpideySenses
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Doesn't matter which specific times you were asking about...I was showing the general attitude and posting in this thread.
The specific time does matter because it was said that there was a lot of it in this thread despite all the offending material being deleted weeks ago. And looking at the dates that you posted backs up my point because only the gif and "angry shag" comment have come after the initial warning.

It also confirms something else that I suspected, that the offensive content makes up only a fraction of the deleted posts and that more posts are deleted just because they reference the initial post.

Anyway, there's no need for any of this deletion talk. As I said in a previous post, we hit nearly two whole threads without an infraction, you can be judgmental towards this thread and call it a frat house but the facts suggest otherwise.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #529
fatzke
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Well, thank you for your time to clear things up. It's the first ever a mod did that in my personal internet board history (which is looong).
Usually they don't bother to answer or even discuss these things.

And if you sum it up like this, i can also see the criticized "Frat House".

But i also have to agree with Spidey here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideySenses View Post
But let's end this thing (not the thread of course, there is no need to do that), we will behave in the future and the world will keep on turning.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:54 AM   #530
SpideySenses
Side-Kick

Getting back to business....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatzke View Post
And how did you do that on a website? I always thought Vine only works on mobile phones.

Also the video is not shown on Firefox with NoScript and AdBlocker, that's a bummer because i will most certainly not turn these two babies off
If it's not showing up on the website, you could download something like JDownloader (which is a handy program regardless), I pasted the URL into it and was able to download the video as an MP4.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:20 AM   #531
fatzke
Side-Kick

Quote:
…something like JDownloader (which is a handy program regardless)…
Oh yes it is

Old 09-01-2013, 05:34 AM   #532
SpideySenses
Side-Kick

Old 09-01-2013, 05:50 AM   #533
fatzke
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thx. She definitely lost some weight, her cheekbones were never defined like that.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:06 AM   #534
DrDoom
Dictator

Anyone else think she has a great resemblance to Maureen O'Hara?

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #535
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

I see it

You should see what happens when you mesh together Jane, Emma Stone and Marion Cotillard

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 09-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #536
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry View Post
...... I'm not even gonna bother any more
I doubt that.

Quote:
Edit: I do however want to say how stupid it is that posters can get in trouble even when they technically don't break any rules.
What you and the others don't seem to be getting...you all did break the rules, and you were not infracted (except for the more serious ones) but only had your posts deleted and given a warning....but since that did not get through to you...from now on it will be infractions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Well, I'm glad I didn't make the rape joke at least. ..
But.....you did make them.

Quote:
But seriously, C. Lee. If you feel this thread needs pulling, then do it. I rather have it gone than having myself or anybody, like Panos, over step the mark and get bannings from the Hype.
I always love responses like that...."I can't control myself or my own actions, so just close it." Part of growing up and becoming a mature adult is being able to control your actions yourself.

Quote:
Well he did pull my thread which had much less infractable posts so.....bye Jane?
Didn't you just say that you weren't going to bother any more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroapoc View Post
Yeah feel free C. Lee. I doubt any of us here really want to be bothered with this celeb forum ever again. I'd rather our threads didn't exist than have to walk on eggshells around the ridiculously uptight and humorless.
You really have not been here very long and know nothing about me do you? Someone thinking they are being clever asks me to close a thread or ban them...and I do it. If someone does not want to follow the rules....then they can leave. It's that simple.

Quote:
Great job being important.
I hope you realize that you are inches away from banning. This is not your home or junior high school...acting snarky with the staff does not get you a cookie.

Quote:
Might as well just pull all the appreciation threads tbh. Cos everything in those can just go in the hotties thread.

And if we want to discuss our favourite celebs, we may as well go to the frat house
The staff has discussed this many times. We feel that individual "appreciation" threads for a celebrity can stay open if they stay on topic and don't get out of line with the "frat house" mentality....but yes, please one of you ask for this to be closed again and I will humbly comply with your request.

Quote:
I like our frat house. Less condescension.
Like I said....moving closer and closer to banning with every post you make.

Quote:
The specific time does matter because it was said that there was a lot of it in this thread despite all the offending material being deleted weeks ago. And looking at the dates that you posted backs up my point because only the gif and "angry shag" comment have come after the initial warning. It also confirms something else that I suspected, that the offensive content makes up only a fraction of the deleted posts and that more posts are deleted just because they reference the initial post.
That's the point. If a person makes an offensive post...and 5 people quote it or continue to joke about it...that makes 6 offensive uncalled for posts. It shows a pervading attitude in the thread. An attitude that needs to stop.

Quote:
Anyway, there's no need for any of this deletion talk. As I said in a previous post, we hit nearly two whole threads without an infraction, you can be judgmental towards this thread and call it a frat house but the facts suggest otherwise.
I hope you know...I have not yet had the time to go through the previous threads....so who knows what I will find when I do. Just because something was not infracted or deleted in the other threads does not mean that they were acceptable...it means that they were not seen by the staff because these threads were inadvertainly overlooked before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatzke View Post
Well, thank you for your time to clear things up. It's the first ever a mod did that in my personal internet board history (which is looong).
Usually they don't bother to answer or even discuss these things.

And if you sum it up like this, i can also see the criticized "Frat House".

But i also have to agree with Spidey here:

But let's end this thing (not the thread of course, there is no need to do that), we will behave in the future and the world will keep on turning.
You're welcome.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #537
DirtyHarry
I saw footage

Btw, I meant Im not gonna argue with you anymore

Stanley Kubrick defeats Alfred Hitchcock by one vote to win The Best Directors of All Time Tournament. (11/16/13)
Old 09-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #538
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Right then. We did act like idiots. I'll admit that and take responsibility for my actions.
Obviously you do get caught up in the moment and don't regret something til you actually look back and reflect upon it, which I have and do.

And since I don't want to do anything again in any way, big or small, to jeopardise my place at the Hype and confront you again in this manner, C. Lee...Then by all means, pull the thread. I think you've been more than fair in letting a lot go by, which I appreciate you doing. I also of course regret any of it occurring in the first place.

So, with that. I'd like this thread closed.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 09-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #539
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination

I too am simply going to stick to the other areas of the hype where this sort of thing shouldn't be an issue. All my trouble here stems from the celeb forum. From now on I'll be posting in the other forums I came here for in the first place.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #540
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Quote:
I too am simply going to stick to the other areas of the hype where this sort of thing shouldn't be an issue. All my trouble here stems from the celeb forum. From now on I'm sticking to the geeky forums I came here for in the first place.
You'll get in trouble for saying that as well.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 09-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #541
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination

I thought about that and edited it. Even though in my circles it's a positive term and not a negative. Delete your quote then. lol

Old 09-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #542
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo90 View Post
right then. We did act like idiots. I'll admit that and take responsibility for my actions.
Obviously you do get caught up in the moment and don't regret something til you actually look back and reflect upon it, which i have and do.

And since i don't want to do anything again in any way, big or small, to jeopardise my place at the hype and confront you again in this manner, c. Lee...then by all means, pull the thread. I think you've been more than fair in letting a lot go by, which i appreciate you doing. I also of course regret any of it occurring in the first place.

So, with that. i'd like this thread closed.
ok.

Closed Thread