The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #651
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

Had they respected the fact that in X2, Jean did make a choice, and she chose Cyclops. We would not have had Wolverine fill Cyclops' role as the one that "saves" Jean. We would not have had Wolverine declare his love to Jean.

You're right Nell, it wasn't Ratner. But he sure did nothing to stop it.

He cured Rogue though.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #652
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate - Part 1

I think it's time we all moved on from Jean/Scott getting back together, but not everybody heals as fast as some people I guess.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #653
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I think it's time we all moved on from Jean/Scott getting back together
Never!

Old 09-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #654
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I think it would be the studio doing most of the shatting, not Ratner. Jean even pops up as a romantic connection in The Wolverine and ain't no Ratner in that house lol
But that happens in the comics too. Ratner did nothing to help preserve what SInger had intended for Cyclops. Sometimes watching something happen you know is wrong is just as bad as doing it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 09-04-2013, 08:11 PM   #655
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Never!

If they're making a movie that's one massive retcon, they should at least bring back two popular characters. Like if X-Force comes out and Deadpool still has his mouth shut, I'm NOT going to be pleased. This is a chance to change things and show a whole new timeline.

Imagine if you will that by attempting to save the world, they end up making some things worse. In the new timeline, Cameron Hodge is elected Prime Minister of Genosha on an anti-mutant platform, Donald Pierce leads a hate group that murders mutants who step out of "their role", Apocalypse is waging a pro-mutant terror campaign, Sinister is harvesting the DNA of live mutants FOR SCIENCE and Omega Red is thawed out and proceeds to go on a killing spree throughout Russia. Nice job breaking it heroes... but at least Deadpool can talk again and Cyclops and Phoenix are still alive and there's potential for a Secret Wars crossover with the Fantastic Four.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #656
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I suspect FC3 will set up the new timeline for X4

Old 09-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #657
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

I've moved on... sadly...I had to. Having like other things now, keeps my mind off of what I desperately want back in an X-Men film.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #658
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
You mean X5?

I don't know why some people are only considering DOFP as FC2 only but not X4 too.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 09-05-2013, 12:21 AM   #659
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
If they're making a movie that's one massive retcon, they should at least bring back two popular characters.
Well this movie isn't one massive retcon, no matter how much fanboys want it to be.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #660
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
That's what I believe will happen. And then they will try to work out new deals with the FC class for another trilogy, assuming the movie is a hit and the careers take off for the young actors stepping in. I think X-Force basically is X-5 and they will move on from the OT cast.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #661
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Well this movie isn't one massive retcon, no matter how much fanboys want it to be.

Then define Bryan Singer's, "fix ****" comment. It sounds like some retcons are coming. Also, you can't have Wolverine go back in time and then convince Charles and Magneto to work together without at least some things from the OT never happening. X-Men 1 and 2 along with The Wolverine were good but I'm willing to accept that as an AU. Does Age of Apocalypse being an AU make it any less amazing?

Old 09-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #662
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
Then define Bryan Singer's, "fix ****" comment. It sounds like some retcons are coming. Also, you can't have Wolverine go back in time and then convince Charles and Magneto to work together without at least some things from the OT never happening.
Xavier, Magneto, and Rogue are all coming back.

He also said he's not wiping continuity.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #663
Angamb
Banned User

he said there will be changes, because of time travel. so... something will change

Old 09-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #664
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Xavier, Magneto, and Rogue are all coming back.

He also said he's not wiping continuity.

Right and while some of these events may have happened regardless, I'm fully expecting there to be some sort of consequences. Some things may turn out better, others may become worse. The odds that he's going to keep Cyclops dead and Deadpool mute after DOFP when both he and the fans wish otherwise are pretty low. At the very least, Cyclops returning could be explained as Sinister cloning him. With Deadpool confirmed for X-Force and the second half of Origins taking place in 1979, it's easy to see some continuity wiped away.

Also, even without retcons, who's to say that Omega Red, Cameron Hodge, Apocalypse, Donald Pierce and Sinister wouldn't still be around? Regardless of what does or doesn't change, that's still five sequels.

Last edited by Dasher10; 09-05-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #665
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

time travel means the past will changed to save the future... technically means alot of things will change

Old 09-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #666
Angamb
Banned User

it all deppends on what Logan tells young Charles.

Same with old Charles.

If they just stop the construction of the sentinels, the X3 deaths shouldnt change.

Last edited by Angamb; 09-05-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #667
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Bryan Singer at Comic-Con:

Quote:
Are you going to play with the continuity of the series with X-Men: Days of Future Past?

Bryan Singer: Of the universe as established in the movies? Yes, thereís some of that. Whenever you go back in time, and this is every bit a time-travel movie as it is an X-Men movie, there are those risks. So some of that is going to happen, and yet there are some things that, if you believe in certain physics and multi-verses, things like that, and you also have a respect for the continuity as we have. Again, Iím not the audience, Iím just the filmmaker, but I do believe in certain continuity that weíll maintain but some things weíll change. Itís the nature of time-travel. You go ahead and mess about and things happen. So thatís something that some of those rumors are probably some-what true.
Besides what happened to Cyclops, I'm at a loss as to what else Singer could change as a result of time travel.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #668
The Guard
Side-Kick

The nature of the threat to mutants.

There's a world of difference between a humanity that wants to identify mutants, and a humanity that wants to exterminate them.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 09-05-2013, 01:28 PM   #669
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Bryan Singer at Comic-Con:

Besides what happened to Cyclops, I'm at a loss as to what else Singer could change as a result of time travel.
Singer referring to "rumors" probably implies Cyke/Jean or something of that regard, so I think Cyke will be coming back in the third act. That's just me though. Obviously Xavier/Rogue have been no secret as everyone already knew about those things.

I think Wolverine will wake up in the future and it will be another apocalyptic X-Force type world. I don't think it ends on a cliff hanger, but I think there will be some tease to Sinister or Apocalypse that will heavily play into the X-Force movie.

Old 09-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #670
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
it all deppends on what Logan tells young Charles.

Same with old Charles.

If they just stop the construction of the sentinels, the X3 deaths shouldnt change.
And this is pretty much what I expect to happen.

Things have changed. Xavier is back. Magneto has his powers. Rogue is un-cured.

With Singer stating that there's a level of continuity to maintain, I don't expect Cyclops and Jean to come storming back, or for Deadpool to come out as a 4th wall breaking prankster.

The purpose of this movie isn't to undo things that internet fanboys didn't like.

Sounds to me the things he is talking about are, one particular future happened (Sentinel ruled apocalyptic future), and alternate futures where that threat no longer exists.

Not a future where Cyclops and Jean Grey never died, and X-Men Origins: Wolverine never happened and Deadpool is breaking the 4th wall.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #671
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Do you think there will be a scene after the credits? Setting up a Future XX-Men Movie?

Old 09-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #672
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Wouldn't surprise me. If they have plans for what they want the next movie to be, I'm sure there will be some kind of teaser for it.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #673
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

I personally do think singer will bring back jean and Scott with time travel, Its the sorta thing singer can gently plant them in with and it won't effect the current story while killing 2 birds with one stone, rather then going the sinister cloned cyclops and jean because of a random made up out of place excuse just to bring them back

I think some dont want singer to erase elements from the past OT films but he pretty much is saying with time travel comes a certain amount of change, even more so when it effects characters pasts

Its not just a matter of what Logan tells him, we know young xavier sees the future and talks to the older xavier in the temple setting (probably by cerebro) "i don't want your future" so what impact that will have on his future will most likely count whether anyone likes it or not, and tbh I always felt this film will end In a way that may not please everyone

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 09-05-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #674
Don Corleone
Robot in Disguise

Agreed

Old 09-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #675
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

People are convently forgetting his I am believer In some Contunity remarks.

Doing X-force means the OT won't be completly erased as some are hoping like Abrams did with trek.And yes despite trying to claim to long time fans the prime universe as they call It still exsists the fact remains trek prior to trek 2009 Is now illrelvent to the films and there Is never going to be another film or TV show set In so called Prime universe so It has been erased like any reboot does.

Going the abrams direction will cause tons of problems later on for X-Men films so as abrams did with Star Trek.

Closed Thread