The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #1001
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
Defensively we're good... really good in fact and have plenty of depth, I'm not even sure who the first choice back four is to be honest at the moment!

midfield we're missing som quality in depth for sure, but if Lucas stays fit it is a decent midfield

up top is where we look great with a starting 3 of Coutinho Suarez and Sturridge... however if injuries (or bans!) occur could we be in trouble? Aspas hasnt set the world alight but then again its a new league and hes' 3 games in he may still surprises with something in his locker
Your defense is certainly looking good but as well as Lucas I think if anything happens to Gerrard you don't really have someone to spread the play from midfield Joe Allen seems more of a square ball possession player.

Suarez is obviously key and I really rate Coutinho, but I'm honestly not sold on Sturridge, he's started well but he's still prone to brainfarts in the final third, maybe this is the season he matures but right now I wouldn't call him reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
If you had to pick right now where would you guess Utd finish? If outside top 4 the vultures will be circling (even though it won't be all Moyes' fault).
I'd say 4th right now, there's just a huge lack of creativity and we still haven't sorted midfield out. As for Moyes, the fumbling of Woodward will probably get him a second season as long as we don't fall out of the top 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Yeah, he could have worked brilliantly in tandem with Özil now. I have no idea really. I doubt we'll make another attempt for Suarez, who seems to really want Real. I can't see us going back fro Rooney either. Maybe Benzema, who could be come surplus if Real to sign Suarez eventually next summer. Tbh, ideally I wish we'd have gone all in for Cavani and grabbed him, but I do think the Napoli clause was probably too much.
I was trying to think of someone while replying and there aren't a whole lot of options, I guess if Benteke has a sophomore 20 goal season then he might be worth a look.

Quote:
Oh no, I didn't mean Podolski, I was referring to 'Better than Zlatan!' Nicklas Bendtner. Yeah, this really is his opportunity to step up and claim the spot as his own.
Whoops! I thought you flogged Bendtner to one of the Turkish clubs last summer?

Quote:
There are promising signs there, but we'll have to wait and see. Monreal also seems pretty able to, so I think we're covered well there for the time being.
Ah I didn't realize Monreal played LB, for some reason I thought he was a RB.

Quote:
I agree completely. I general, I know we all have moments where we get so annoyed and frustrated at the state of things at times, but in hindisght, and with these two in particular, there's just nobody better really. And men like this will always be hard and never easy to replace of even replicate.
No doubt, I tell ya man, that feeling when it becomes an actual reality is a sinking win, no matter how much we may have groaned at some of the choices they made.

Quote:
Ah, that sucks. Hope that isn't the case. I really liked him at Dortmund and would have taken him in an instant back then. I probably would still done so now too.
I hope so too mate, he's the only real spark of hope we have when it comes to finally catching up with the modern switch to inside forwards.

[/QUOTE]Lol! I sitll can't believe it, tbh.[/QUOTE]

No one can, hell most were waiting for La Prof to crack £20M and he went straight through £40M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
I heard Moyes talk about United fans dismay about him being signed in which he said Felliani would soon become a fan favourite & I'd agree with that assessment. His relentlessness to win the ball back for his team & his workrate will no doubt earn him fans in the OT crowd. I do feel a player like him was needed, I just wanted one that was better on the ball.
Did Moyes actually acknowledge that most United fans are unhappy with the signing of lumpy?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 09-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #1002
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I was trying to think of someone while replying and there aren't a whole lot of options, I guess if Benteke has a sophomore 20 goal season then he might be worth a look.
Possibly, I think he could try for Benzema again next summer.

Quote:
Whoops! I thought you flogged Bendtner to one of the Turkish clubs last summer?
Unfortunately, no.

Quote:
Ah I didn't realize Monreal played LB, for some reason I thought he was a RB.
I think he's a bit like Coentrao (i.e. he able at LB and LW, though not at CDM ).

Quote:
No doubt, I tell ya man, that feeling when it becomes an actual reality is a sinking win, no matter how much we may have groaned at some of the choices they made.
I agree completely.

Quote:
I hope so too mate, he's the only real spark of hope we have when it comes to finally catching up with the modern switch to inside forwards.
I agree. He also too good a talent to be wasted on the bench. If utilised correctly, he could prove to be a real asset for you.

Quote:
No one can, hell most were waiting for La Prof to crack £20M and he went straight through £40M.
Lol, yeah..

Old 09-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #1003
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread