The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 07:56 PM   #751
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 638
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
I'm not worried. Marvel didn't make Avengers into "Iron Man & friends", and theoretically they had more reason to do that than they would have to make Dark World into The Loki Show.
I credit that to Joss Whedon who masterfully managed to strike a balance despite some obvious (perhaps studio influenced?) pandering to Iron Man. e.g. Thor vs. Iron Man (cleverly written to not make Iron Man look bad) and building an Iron Man/Cap plotline which provides some good drama with Steve Rogers but Iron Man still saves the day proving he would lay it on the line.

I love The Avengers. It's my favorite CBM ever. But I think Iron Man got a lot of focus. Of course he was the biggest money maker coming into it but Thor was the second biggest. Hopefully other heroes get a chance to shine more in the sequel (and I mean Cap and Thor not Black Widow).

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #752
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 638
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Hemsworth talks Thor!

You had to shed the muscle weight you gained for The Avengers and lose 30 pounds before you started shooting Rush. As Ron Howard puts it, "Thor could never fit in an F1 car." How did you do it?
It was pretty brutal. I've said it before, but my wife [Elsa Pataky] was pregnant at the time and I had more symptoms of a pregnant woman than she did. I was moody and hungry all the time. I understood addiction for the first time, to be honest. I immediately knew what it is like to be truly at the mercy of something. Literally, food was the last thing I thought about before I went to bed and the first think I thought about when I woke up. I ate very little protein and carbohydrates. And then I'd just run to sweat it off.

Are you getting tired of playing Thor?
No, as long as I get to squeeze in other things and do stuff in between that inspires me, which I'm managing to do. To be part of something that people love -- whether it's Thor on his own or Thor in The Avengers -- is a chance you get once in your career, if at all. I'm not going to complain about it, certainly, but it's a challenge each time you do it because you don't want to fall into just Thor, just being a two-dimensional character.
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing. What is the source?

You go Chris. You are Thor. Love his appreciation for the role and the opportunity. This debunks all of the garbage rumors about how there was unrest among the cast.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #753
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 638
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
Yeah, they're just exploring a very interesting (and popular) element from Thor's universe. Not many movie heroes have a villain who's that good and whose relationship with the main character has so much potential.
Absolutely. Their relationship is one of my favorite aspects of the comic. I don't mind more Loki if it's with Hemsworth exploring the sibling dynamic further.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #754
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I just want Chris to look a bit more angry, if that's from the film. Every single comic you see Thor in, where he's in the sky summoning lightning like this, he either looks angry, or looks like he is trying to destroy his vocal chords. And it's epic.
You got a point with that, but it seems like Hemsworth already looks angry every time he performs an attack. Honestly I'd like to see Thor pulling off some big moves while remaining fairly calm, making it seem like it's NOTHING to him.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #755
Bren
Forevernoob
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,592
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Taking that rock guy out in the trailer looked like it was nothing to him. Everyone else was like, "Oh flip what now?!?!" and then Thor takes him out, virtually no effort.

I approve

__________________
Does odd things at random times.
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #756
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
Taking that rock guy out in the trailer looked like it was nothing to him. Everyone else was like, "Oh flip what now?!?!" and then Thor takes him out, virtually no effort.

I approve
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
I credit that to Joss Whedon who masterfully managed to strike a balance despite some obvious (perhaps studio influenced?) pandering to Iron Man. e.g. Thor vs. Iron Man (cleverly written to not make Iron Man look bad) and building an Iron Man/Cap plotline which provides some good drama with Steve Rogers but Iron Man still saves the day proving he would lay it on the line.

I love The Avengers. It's my favorite CBM ever. But I think Iron Man got a lot of focus. Of course he was the biggest money maker coming into it but Thor was the second biggest. Hopefully other heroes get a chance to shine more in the sequel (and I mean Cap and Thor not Black Widow).
Iron Man did get alot of focus in The Avengers, which is understandable because of how well the IM films have done. But what I don't understand is why Cap who's film made considerably less than Thor's got FAR more screentime and importance than Thor. I understand he's the leader, but both the main villain and the artifact he used came from Thor's world and should have gave him just as much focus as Cap and IM.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 09-05-2013 at 01:31 PM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #757
BoredGuy
Killing Time
 
BoredGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: the future past
Posts: 3,191
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

well I still think Thor got the most badass intro

plus, he kicked the crap outta the big money maker Iron Man

I'da liked to see more story for him, but there's only so much time in the film
that said, next time, hopefully he'll have a bigger role than goddamned black widow

I know Whedon likes his tough females, but seriously, more Big 4 (or other powered long-standing Avengers), less normal human shield agent-y types!

__________________
MOVIE STUDIO BATTING AVERAGES:
MARVEL- .800 WB- .412 FOX- .400 SONY- .429


BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #758
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Yeah it was downright disrespectful to give Black Widow a bigger role than Thor who is one of the big four. I was just shocked at how little Thor was actually on the screen during the final battle in New York.

Joss did do Thor service with that epic intro and including some good ol' hand to hand fighting with Mjolnir-less strength feats was great.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #759
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist
 
slumcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,669
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Yeah Thor played a very very very minor role in the Avengers adventure. The only contribution he made was blocking the portal with thunder for a while.

I believe the Thor mythos was already having great prominence with the Thor villain being the main Avengers villain. I think giving Thor a lesser role might have been Whedon's way of restoring parity between the various franchises. If Thor had an even bigger role, it would have been "Thor & friends" :P.

__________________
A sense of the fundamental decencies is parcelled out unequally at birth.
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald ~
slumcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:50 PM   #760
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

No more than it was "Iron Man and Friends".

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #761
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,977
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Well unless they severely depower Ultron, they're going to need Thor more than ever to help take him on.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #762
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well unless they severely depower Ultron, they're going to need Thor more than ever to help take him on.
Yeah but there's no gaurantee that Whedon feels that way, especially after watching TA I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #763
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,977
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah but there's no gaurantee that Whedon feels that way, especially after watching TA I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
True; and plus, Thor's like the ONLY character that Whedon hasn't talked about at all when talking about the new Avengers film. We've heard him or reports say on how Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye will get larger roles in the next film, and we've heard a thing or two about Steve and Tony as well, and Whedon has been gushing about the latest additions of Quicksilver and Wanda into the film, but Thor is the only one that he hasn't mentioned about all.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #764
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,977
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

idk. Thor wasn't the wow factor, but if you put wow factor aside, Thor was the most impressive, in my eyes.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #765
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
True; and plus, Thor's like the ONLY character that Whedon hasn't talked about at all when talking about the new Avengers film. We've heard him or reports say on how Hulk, Black Widow, and Hawkeye will get larger roles in the next film, and we've heard a thing or two about Steve and Tony as well, and Whedon has been gushing about the latest additions of Quicksilver and Wanda into the film, but Thor is the only one that he hasn't mentioned about all.
Yeah I recall Whedon hardly every mentioning Thor leading up to The Avenger. From the looks of things I probably won't say much about Thor leading up to AU it's like he just doesn't really care about Thor.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:00 AM   #766
Moonwing
Side-Kick
 
Moonwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 556
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah I recall Whedon hardly every mentioning Thor leading up to The Avenger. From the looks of things I probably won't say much about Thor leading up to AU it's like he just doesn't really care about Thor.
Its not Thor in particular, Whedon just do not like/care about non humans. It`s apparent in the Baffy where high demons, witches, etc are made fan of (for example there was a scene that reminds me about Hulk-Loki one) no matter the treat they posses. It`s his thing.

If there were Tunderstrike in the MCU aka human that just have power of Thor Whedon, probably, have been more interested in the character.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #767
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Its not Thor in particular, Whedon just do not like/care about non humans. It`s apparent in the Baffy where high demons, witches, etc are made fan of (for example there was a scene that reminds me about Hulk-Loki one) no matter the treat they posses. It`s his thing.

If there were Tunderstrike in the MCU aka human that just have power of Thor Whedon, probably, have been more interested in the character.
I think you're right about that but that's stupid because non human characters have emotions and flaws as well. That's just a very close minded way of viewing things especially from a so called comic book creep.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #768
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,426
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

I think its a greatly exaggerated issue, if there's anything there at all. Thor and Loki are at least as human as, say, Angel. More human by a long shot than Illyria.

All that happened is that Thor's role in the plot happened to be more limited, because of everything else happening. Loki still was the main villain, still played everyone like a fiddle, and Thor still got to kick ass.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #769
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 638
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Actually I haven't heard Joss talk much about Cap either. When did he mention Steve Rogers? Kind of sucks because Thor and Cap are my favorite Avengers. But I'll wait till I actually see the film. I loved the first one despite the Iron Man favoritism so Joss has earned my trust.

For now I just care about TDW. Thor took his dose of humble pie and did the Earth bit. Now I want Thor to kick all kinds of ass. Seriously. And I'm sick of people wishing that Jane Foster dies. She's great. Thor loves her. And it would not be very god-like of Thor to let that happen. Besides that's Spider-Man's schtick. Gwen Stacy is going to bite it - isn't that enough for people?

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #770
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 638
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Thor may not be Joss' favorite but he got several things right in The Avengers and I'm grateful that:

1) Thor had the most badass introduction of all the Avengers
2) He headbutted Iron Man a mile
3) "He's adopted" (one of the best lines)
4) Joss got the Thor brotherly love dynamic down perfectly
5) Thor went toe to toe with Hulk on strength without Mjolnir
6) He practically KO'd Hulk with Mjolnir
7) Hulk couldn't lift Mjolnir
8) Showed Thor and Hulk battling side by side (total geek out moment for me)
9) Kept the rivalry going with the Hulk sucker punch
10) In the short scene with Cap - Thor was battle weary but he handled his enemies with ease (there were just too many of them and they kept coming)
11) Thor popped Iron Man's mask off like a soda can
12) LOVED the whirling hammer

I'll be honest though. Thor having the least amount of screen time in Avengers is the only thing that really bugs me about the movie. I told myself that it was because of his late introduction in the plot and that he would get a bigger chance to shine in the future - but the news about AOU definitely has nixed that optimism. With everyone else getting a bigger role, something has got to give. That's especially why I want Thor to be boss in his own film.

As far as AOU, the two things that bug me the most are Black Widow having a bigger role (I thought she had a big enough role in the first one - give it a rest) and Stark creating Ultron. I'm happy Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are in it because to me they are original Avengers. If Joss wants stronger female characters focus on Wanda more. I'm also cool with Hawkeye getting a bigger role because he was underutilized in the first one and I like Hawkeye from the comics.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #771
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 638
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Exactly



Iron Man did get alot of focus in The Avengers, which is understandable because of how well the IM films have done. But what I don't understand is why Cap who's film made considerably less than Thor's got FAR more screentime and importance than Thor. I understand he's the leader, but both the main villain and the artifact he used came from Thor's world and should have gave him just as much focus as Cap and IM.
I was able to forgive that because A) Cap is awesome and B) it meant Iron Man did not have the most screen time.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #772
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 638
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Yeah Thor played a very very very minor role in the Avengers adventure. The only contribution he made was blocking the portal with thunder for a while.
I wouldn't say Thor had a minor role. He certainly saved Black Widow's life. And he was a very vital big gun during the battle for New York. I just wish they showed him battling a bit more instead of Black Widow. Maybe it was a budget thing.

Lastly, there was no way SHIELD or any of the others could have contained Loki. Thor was the only one who could bring him to justice and take care of the Tesseract before it caused any further trouble.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #773
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 638
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
Its not Thor in particular, Whedon just do not like/care about non humans. It`s apparent in the Baffy where high demons, witches, etc are made fan of (for example there was a scene that reminds me about Hulk-Loki one) no matter the treat they posses. It`s his thing.

If there were Tunderstrike in the MCU aka human that just have power of Thor Whedon, probably, have been more interested in the character.
That's why Stan gave Thor a crippled human counterpart in Donald Blake. Balancing the power of Thor against human weakness.

But still it's a bogus argument. Thor is very bound to Earth. His mother is Gaia. Thor is part of mankind's history and mythology and inspired ancient cultures. The gods and humanity have much in common and that's the premise they need to focus on. Who influences who? Thor learned humility here on Earth. Thor was moved by Jane's passions and dreams and sacrificed his life to protect her and now is Earth's protector.

If they can't humanize Thor and make him relatable, Captain Marvel and Silver Surfer don't stand a chance.

Ragnaroknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:51 AM   #774
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,977
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
Thor may not be Joss' favorite but he got several things right in The Avengers and I'm grateful that:

1) Thor had the most badass introduction of all the Avengers
2) He headbutted Iron Man a mile
3) "He's adopted" (one of the best lines)
4) Joss got the Thor brotherly love dynamic down perfectly
5) Thor went toe to toe with Hulk on strength without Mjolnir
6) He practically KO'd Hulk with Mjolnir
7) Hulk couldn't lift Mjolnir
8) Showed Thor and Hulk battling side by side (total geek out moment for me)
9) Kept the rivalry going with the Hulk sucker punch
10) In the short scene with Cap - Thor was battle weary but he handled his enemies with ease (there were just too many of them and they kept coming)
11) Thor popped Iron Man's mask off like a soda can
12) LOVED the whirling hammer

I'll be honest though. Thor having the least amount of screen time in Avengers is the only thing that really bugs me about the movie. I told myself that it was because of his late introduction in the plot and that he would get a bigger chance to shine in the future - but the news about AOU definitely has nixed that optimism. With everyone else getting a bigger role, something has got to give. That's especially why I want Thor to be boss in his own film.

As far as AOU, the two things that bug me the most are Black Widow having a bigger role (I thought she had a big enough role in the first one - give it a rest) and Stark creating Ultron. I'm happy Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch are in it because to me they are original Avengers. If Joss wants stronger female characters focus on Wanda more. I'm also cool with Hawkeye getting a bigger role because he was underutilized in the first one and I like Hawkeye from the comics.
I'm gunna keep saying this until everyone gets it. I'm not sure people are still saying this. All that was, was a popular theory that has since been put to rest by a writer of Iron man 3, who knows stark's plan, and apparently the plan for Ultron.

Stark isn't creating Ultron. He'll have a role in however Ultron comes into being, more likely, but he isn't creating him.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #775
Moonwing
Side-Kick
 
Moonwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 556
Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I think its a greatly exaggerated issue, if there's anything there at all. Thor and Loki are at least as human as, say, Angel. More human by a long shot than Illyria.

All that happened is that Thor's role in the plot happened to be more limited, because of everything else happening. Loki still was the main villain, still played everyone like a fiddle, and Thor still got to kick ass.
Vampires, especially non soul less as Angel and later Spike are just humans that gained super powers and are fighting not to lose their inborn humanity. It`s classic. Thor and Loki may not be gods in MCU (they do not tire to remind that they are -advanced alien spiciest) but they not born humans no matter what powers they have and how long they live - they are different on a basic level. If MCU was willing to go full mysticism they are just as alien to humans(if not more so) as Illyria, but divinity and it`s exploration is a big "no go" in MCU.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.