The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #11
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
I am not saying that romance make a female character weak, but that the problem lies in reducing the character to the male lead's love interest, and considering that is all this thread has been about lately it seems very likely that this is how the audience would view Natasha if she did have a romance with Steve. There is a difference between Natasha having a love interest and her being reduced to one, and saying she needs Steve to redeem her or that she should be some sort of hookup for Steve before he moves on to Sharon, or that there should be a love triangle (all things I've seen mentioned, among many others, some much worse) would, IMO, be horrible ideas for her character. Ultimately this is still Steve's movie, and any romance he has it automatically going to peg the character as "Captain America's Love Interest" to many people, it's the nature of the game.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier. It doesn't matter. They will do what they have to do. As long as the give Widow a solid role, she can be "the male lead's love interest" This is CLEARLY Cap's movie.