The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 08-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #201
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Default Re: Pokemon: The Original Series Talk

Hopefully yeah. If so, we can see how far Brock has come as a doctor and stuff. Could be nice. It'd be nice to see Cilen and Brock meet for the first time since they have some similarities.

Ramsay Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #202
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Yeah they're both great cooks.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #203
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Indeed. They could swap recipes and notes, at least.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #204
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Today's episode was REALLY good, it actually took up the whole half hour, nice story, good look and everything.

B/W can have some good episodes when they try.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 08-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #205
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Nice!

I actually found quite a lot of episodes really good. It;s just that my personal distates came in the way because in my mind, I have a different version - my own version of how I want Pokemon to be in my mind and I suppose that's not being fair to the show.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #206
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

It's being fair to yourself as a fan though. I'm with everyone in that I hate how Ash had his mind reset and skills downsized. But there are times when the old Ash comes through (like in the Unova League) and I feel good about it.

I used to dream (and still do sometimes) of myself as the main character of the Pokémon series. The hook for my show was that I find Mewtwo in the first episode (who is still on the run from Giovanni and Team Rocket) severely hurt and am forced to capture him to save him from Team Rocket who are nearby.

Once in the clear I let him out and he demands to know why I captured him. I tell him and he's confused as to why a human would save a Pokémon he knew nothing about. Mewtwo agrees to join me on my quest both as a way to escape Team Rocket but to also learn more about humans.

Yeah, that's my thing.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #207
precita

Brock was unlikeable in DP due to how boring and bland his character became, but its nice to see him for a single episode to meet Cilan.

Well its almost time for Iris/Cilan to leave the show, I wonder who the next travel companions will be.

precita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 12:14 AM   #208
Victarion
Cut

It is quite fitting that they have Brock decide to become a pokemon doctor. Check this out:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

That was released back in 2000. Uncanny, eh?

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #209
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

@BlackMagicWolf - yeah I hear ya. If Mewtwo joined you at the start in Kanto, you'd be frickin' unstoppable!

@Mr. Wooden Alligator
- that's very uncanny! That's really cool and clever

@Precita - I think his next companions will be Brock and a french chick with a hat.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #210
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Rogue Agent: Well part of the point in Mewtwo joining me would be I WOULDN'T use him a lot. Only in the most desperate of situations. Think of Mewtwo as my version of Charizard early on. He'll be with me but he won't follow my orders, I realize that and the fact that I don't want my journey to be easy and have him be my traveling partner.

I would like Brock back but if we get two really companions in X/Y I won't complain.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #211
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Ah I see what you mean. That'd be a nice way to go about it and make things more challenging.

Yeah, if there's ncie companions then Brock doesn't need to be there.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #212
Victarion
Cut

If Ash were to take the best of his pokemon (present and in reserve at Pallet Town), what do you think his team would be. I've got:

Charizard
Pikachu
Sceptile
Infernape
Garchomp (Assuming he trained his Gible)
?

For ?, I was thinking (from my limited perspective), Muk or Snorlax. It seems like fans always talk them up, though I don't recall them doing anything noteable, aside from Muk vs Bellsprout.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #213
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Good question. You're right about Muk, the battle with Bellsprout is the only one I recall him ever doing (in fact I mentioned it earlier in my epic battles segment), Snorlax however had some epic Gym battles. He faced Claire in Johto because he knew Ice Punch and did pretty well.

I'm going to throw in a Pokémon we haven't seen in a while but was totally epic.....Donphan. That was one of Ash's better Pokémon and he raised it from a Phanpy, it was also had a balance to the team, and Rollout is a really good move.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Gible didn't evolve....yet.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:42 PM   #214
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I was hoping that Gible would evolve pretty quickly before Ash had entered in the Sinnoh League; I mean if he had a pokemon as powerful as a Garchomp on his side, that would have been awesome.

Also, I kind of wish that they had allowed Ash to have all three starters from the Sinnoh region instead of just giving him only two, and have Dawn's starter/trademark pokemon be something else, maybe even Buneary perhaps.

Can you imagine on how powerful Ash's pokemon lineup would have been if he had the likes of Pikachu, Infernape, Torterra, Empolean, Starraptor, and Garchomp on his side for his pokemon league battles?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #215
Victarion
Cut

I like Infernape best of the starters, so I'm biased when I say I don't want Torterra or Empoleon on his team. . Did he evolve Turtwig all the way to Torterra? All I recall is that whichever evolution it was, it was bad on the battlefield. Ash still had a pretty good time. I mean, they had to throw a Darkrai and a Latios at him.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:38 AM   #216
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
I like Infernape best of the starters, so I'm biased when I say I don't want Torterra or Empoleon on his team. . Did he evolve Turtwig all the way to Torterra? All I recall is that whichever evolution it was, it was bad on the battlefield. Ash still had a pretty good time. I mean, they had to throw a Darkrai and a Latios at him.
Yep, regarding Turtwig evolving all the way to its final form.

When it comes to his lineup of Pokemon, I think Ash was at his strongest during the latter parts of the Sinnoh League period and he certainly landed more closer to the winner's cup at its pokemon than any other region.

And yeah, I like how they had to bust out two strong legendary pokemon for him to be defeated, much better than what he was defeated from the previous leagues.

Old 08-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #217
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

The reason (I believe) the didn't evolve Gible was because Cynthia had a Garchomp, she used it all the time and she was the Champion of the Sinnoh League. I think the creators didn't want two of the same Pokémon I guess.....but Paul had a Torterra too so.....

I liked Ash's team and because of the battle with Paul we go to see him go back to his other Pokémon, it totally rocked that Sceptile beat Darkrai.

Old 09-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #218
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

In case you haven't heard the latest Pokémon game news check this out:

http://twodashstash.com/2013/09/nint...ails-revealed/

read it? Good. No seriously you should read the article first.....done? Ok.

We're getting the original starters back!!!!! That's right, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle are all coming back in the next Pokémon handheld games.

And since this is the original series thread I thought I'd ask: which is of the three is your favorite?

Old 09-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #219
Victarion
Cut

Charmander. Always Charmander.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #220
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I was always more of a Squirtle guy myself, I really liked Blastoise and Blue was my first Pokémon game.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:47 AM   #221
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

I like Charmander the best since it was basically Hard Mode in the original game - at least to me in the beginning.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #222
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

That's true because of Misty. I did beat the game with him though...I just had to train my Charmander into Charizard before facing Misty...I was a bad trainer back then.

Old 09-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #223
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Wow this hasn't been active in a while huh? What a great time to post again!

The Butterfree episode, wow. I can't believe they did and then had it end like before. It was so sad! Ash is cursed to never have a Butterfree!

It's so wrong....*sniff*...I'm sorry I have to go....

Old 09-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #224
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Is it too much to hope for that they end up doing something new and interesting with Ash's character when the new Season (Pokemon X and Y) arrives?

Also, is it true that the show's ratings have been declining within Japan? If so, I'm not surprised. The show just isn't as great as it used to be imho. It's barely good. The show's creators just aren't interested in doing anything exciting or new and fresh for the show and its set of characters.

Hell, the Pokemon Kanto anime special looks loads promising more than X and Y at the moment.

I can already spoil people what's going to happen in X and Y for the most part without needing to watch it.

1. Ash makes new traveling friends
2. Team Rocket attempts to capture Pikachu several more times, only to fail each time
3. Ash clashes with the region's villainous group
4. Ash catches one or all of the Region's starter pokemon
5. Ash wins all 8 badges and loses at the region's pokemon league
6. Ash gets owned by his new rival, who's most likely a beginning trainer in order to signify that he/she is a credible threat to Ash

See where I'm going with this? It's the same old **** day in and day out. I only check every now and then just to see on what they do with the legendary pokemon of that region since it's only the legendary pokemon that I bother to watch on the show.

How the hell has the anime stayed on for this long? They can create ******** for Pokemon for several years and manage to stay on Television still but Dragon Ball GT is no longer in syndication and as bad as that way, it was still better than this.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #225
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Wow.

Look I still find it entertaining. And whether people admit it or not they did do some new things with B/W. Team Rocket didn't go after Pikachu until recently, they were more black ops than anything else.

Plasma didn't show up until after the Unova League either, unlike Magma/Aqua and Galatic which was a threat throughout.

Having a good rival is key, but they weren't all rookies. Paul was experienced, Trip wasn't, but he did beat them in the end. I wish he would have a female rival for X/Y, that would be different and cool.

Is it repetitive? Sure. But aren't all shows in one way or the other? Dramas, comedies, etc? Maybe there will be some new twists for X/Y, I willing to watch and find out.

And as for the anime it's got a loyal following because of the manga, so yeah a lot of people are excited for it for that reason.