The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Who's the best choice to be Ms. Marvel?
Kristen Bell 4 6.67%
Abbie Cornish 14 23.33%
Katee Sackhoff 39 65.00%
Maggie Grace 3 5.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #76
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Default Re: Who should play Ms. Marvel if she gets her own film?

Sue might be able to be done soon with how little forward movement the reboot is getting.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #77
Loki882
Side-Kick

Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Spider Woman, Mockingbird, The Heroes for Hire, etc. There are plenty of female superheroes that Marvel Studios can make movies of, or TV shows for that matter.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #78
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Captain Marvel, Mockingbird, and Spider Woman are the ones I'd be most happy to see in a film. Mockingbird especially because she probably has the most interesting connections to the team (Hawkeye the most obviously) and her death scene would really make for an interesting and dynamic movie moment.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #79
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Another issue for MCU to deal with is that their best-known female characters are really tied up at Fox. They could've done a crazy badass all-female X-Men movie, or focused on Storm or Rogue or Jean Grey or Emma Frost or even Scarlet Witch and her mutant background. They could've also done something greater and more impactful with Sue Storm. But they can't, unfortunately.

It still doesn't excuse the lack of female representation in MCU's hero lineup, but I could see how it delays production on a big franchise focused on one of their female characters, simply because so few of Marvel's female hero lineup isn't nearly as recognizable to the public as the X-Men and Fantastic Four. Still though, if they announced a Captain Marvel movie, it would raise awareness for their main female Avenger in the public.
I can somewhat understand that point. However, not many people in the GA knew who Iron Man was before RDJ came along. Even fewer people knew who Thor was, and VERY few know who the GOTG and Ant Man are. Marvel had no problem greenlighting those films, so why no female films?

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #80
Dr. Evil
Gamora

There is a possibility of doing more stuff with Peggy Carter:

http://collider.com/agent-carter-lou...aum-interview/

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #81
KnightGambit
Side-Kick

I wrote up an editoral on how Marvel might introduce Ms.Marvel in The Avengers: Age of Ultron ;3 Seems Katee Sackhoff is the front runner also....

http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2...-avengers.html

KnightGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #82
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightGambit View Post
I wrote up an editoral on how Marvel might introduce Ms.Marvel in The Avengers: Age of Ultron ;3 Seems Katee Sackhoff is the front runner also....

http://www.superheromoviesnews.com/2...-avengers.html
Sackhoff's comments don't necessarily mean "Age of Ultron." It could also mean Ant Man, which starts shooting early next year as well.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 09-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #83
KnightGambit
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Sackhoff's comments don't necessarily mean "Age of Ultron." It could also mean Ant Man, which starts shooting early next year as well.

Of course it could mean anything. But Im pretty sure Ant-Man doesnt start filming until summerish next year since it doesnt come out until winter 2015. She said First Quarter.....soooo

KnightGambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #84
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightGambit View Post
Of course it could mean anything. But Im pretty sure Ant-Man doesnt start filming until summerish next year since it doesnt come out until winter 2015. She said First Quarter.....soooo
Edgar Wright says that he is starting pre-production on Ant Man next month, which likely means that by Comic-Con 2014, we will already know who's cast in Ant Man. It's expected that by the Christmas holidays, there will be a list of candidates to play Hank Pym and Scott Lang, with final announcements not expected until probably in January or February.

If the film was to start shooting in April or May, Wright would have waited until January or February to began pre-production.

Ant Man may already be done with filming by Next year's Comic-Con.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #85
chicagodave
Side-Kick

Saw this article over at ign: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...f433866b000006

chicagodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #86
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Count me in for abbie cornish. She would make an AMAZING Carol.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #87
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I can somewhat understand that point. However, not many people in the GA knew who Iron Man was before RDJ came along. Even fewer people knew who Thor was, and VERY few know who the GOTG and Ant Man are. Marvel had no problem greenlighting those films, so why no female films?
I completely agree with your points, and it's an industry-wide issue. Like I said, it doesn't excuse the fact that Marvel's slow with developing female centric CBMs. Studios everywhere don't like to green light action pictures that have females at the center of the storytelling and butt-kicking. That's why we have to keep talking about it and putting pressure on Hollywood to change their ways.

I would say that IM and Thor and The Hulk were pretty well-recognized prior to their movies getting made. Ant-Man? He was hand picked by Edgar Wright and Marvel wanted to work with him. It's basically been in a long in-development period and is only finally now getting off the ground.

As for GOTG, I think, or at least I hope, it signals that Marvel's willing to take bigger risks with development of their properties. It's a cosmic, family-friendly action adventure with merchandising potential out the wazoo. But it does have one of the more diverse (racial and gender) casts so far, and signs point to Gamora and Nebula having some really good development and action.

I'm extremely critical of Marvel in this department, believe me. But I'm also hopeful that they'll do right by us fans clamoring for more diversity.

Last edited by Suzanne78; 09-06-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #88
Dasher10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodave View Post

Well when you consider that Elizabeth Olsen is currently rumored to be in talks for Scarlet Witch, it's pretty Obvious who Sackhoff may be playing in Age of Ultron. I think we're finally getting Carol Danvers on the big screen.

The only downside is that with the Mystique rights at Fox, Scorpion rights at Sony and with Ronan off fighting the Guardians, the only real options for solo film villains are Moonstone, Cru, MODOK, Kerwin Corman, Scientist Supreme, Warren Traveler, Doomsday Man, Supreme Intelligence and cars.

Does anyone know who owns the rights to Deathbird or The Brood? If Fox owns both of those, that kind of means two less villains for Carol to fight.

As long as a demon named Marcus isn't the villain, I'm good.

Last edited by Dasher10; 09-06-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #89
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

I would be absolutely over the moon if Katee Sackhoff was cast as Carol! Now I can't see anyone else in the role. She knows Joss Whedon too so it makes sense.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #90
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

I've been wanting Katee Sackhoff for MM for YEARS. MAKE THIS HAPPEN MARVEL *Crosses fingers*

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Upset Spideyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #91
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
I would be absolutely over the moon if Katee Sackhoff was cast as Carol! Now I can't see anyone else in the role. She knows Joss Whedon too so it makes sense.
Agreed. She's perfect.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #92
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Count me in for Starbuck as Captain Marvel! I'd also accept Kerry Washington, Rosario Dawson, or Anna Torv.

But Katee Sackhoff's always been one of my top choices for Carol Danvers.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #93
CyclopsWasRight
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
I completely agree with your points, and it's an industry-wide issue. Like I said, it doesn't excuse the fact that Marvel's slow with developing female centric CBMs. Studios everywhere don't like to green light action pictures that have females at the center of the storytelling and butt-kicking. That's why we have to keep talking about it and putting pressure on Hollywood to change their ways.

I would say that IM and Thor and The Hulk were pretty well-recognized prior to their movies getting made. Ant-Man? He was hand picked by Edgar Wright and Marvel wanted to work with him. It's basically been in a long in-development period and is only finally now getting off the ground.

As for GOTG, I think, or at least I hope, it signals that Marvel's willing to take bigger risks with development of their properties. It's a cosmic, family-friendly action adventure with merchandising potential out the wazoo. But it does have one of the more diverse (racial and gender) casts so far, and signs point to Gamora and Nebula having some really good development and action.

I'm extremely critical of Marvel in this department, believe me. But I'm also hopeful that they'll do right by us fans clamoring for more diversity.
X-Men, X2, X3 & The Wolverine.

CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #94
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
X-Men, X2, X3 & The Wolverine.
???

Is Wolverine a female character?

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #95
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Count me in for Starbuck as Captain Marvel! I'd also accept Kerry Washington, Rosario Dawson, or Anna Torv.

But Katee Sackhoff's always been one of my top choices for Carol Danvers.
Those two would be Monica Rambeau, who will probably never be in MCU.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #96
CyclopsWasRight
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
???

Is Wolverine a female character?
Storm, Mystique, Jean Grey, Deathstrike, Angel, Arclight, Callisto, Yukio, Viper all fit the parameters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78
Studios everywhere don't like to green light action pictures that have females at the center of the storytelling and butt-kicking

CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #97
Chewy
REDACTED

The character "at the center of the storytelling and butt-kicking" in every X-film but First Class is Wolverine. His perspective is the audience's perspective. The rest of the characters you listed have a little action and maybe a subplot or two but it all flows through Logan

Suzanne is very clearly referring to the lead role in these films, as that is the entire basis of this thread and the larger conversation about female representation in the genre

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #98
Lobo
Mmhmmm him

Of the leading ladies of Marvel. The films I most want are Ms Marvel, Elektra (done well), Spider Girl (May Parker), and Black Widow.

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #99
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Those two would be Monica Rambeau, who will probably never be in MCU.
And you know that how?

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #100
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

I don't know but I don't particularly like any of those options.