The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #801
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread is Giving a Biblical Ass-Beating at Night of Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
Me too! Is she still wrestling?
Yeah she still does some indie shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
You know... I know a lot of people (myself included) will rag on you sometimes about your opinions, but this actually works for me. Imagine Stephanie interferes somehow and Brie Bella wins the title. The next night on Raw, Brie becomes an official member of the Corporation (they say she is the "face of the Diva's division, as shown by the ratings SHE brings in on Total Divas").

At some point, The Corporation puts the beat down on Daniel Bryan (because that happens every week). Instead of Randy just standing over Bryan with the belt, he grabs Brie and they kiss. Everyone knows at this point that Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella are a real life couple, so milk that for major heel heat on both of them. Just an idea.
The only problem with that is this news for season 2 of the show.
Quote:
In other WWE relationship news, some backstage believe Randy Orton is dating WWE "newbie" Jo Jo. The two have have been seen holding hands and spending a lot of time with each other at recent events. However, some are speculating the intensity of their newfound romance could be partly due to the Total Divas reality show.

There is rumored to be a major "relationship twist" in the second season of the E! series, and Orton and Jo Jo could be that twist. In either case, it is assumed that their romance is real, despite it likely being played up for the cameras.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 09-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #802
sweetre15
Positive Page

Default Re: The Wrestling Thread is Giving a Biblical Ass-Beating at Night of Champions

I hate to say it but I agree with this Bleacherreport article on the Ziggler burial:

By the looks of things, WWE Superstar Dolph Ziggler has backstage heat.
He's not been booked terribly well recently. Granted, the creative team have never booked him competently—just look at how many times he lost to Sheamus in 2012—but these last couple of months have been awful, even by his standards.

He nonsensically lost cleanly to Antonio Cesaro on Superstars last week. On WWE Raw, he's been presented as a cowardly babyface too afraid of losing his job to do what's right and stand up to the corporation.

To make matters significantly worse, on Friday's SmackDown during Miz TV, Triple H verbally tore him apart by mocking his size and questioning whether he could truly make it in WWE.

In this week's (subscriber-only) F4W Newsletter, Bryan Alvarez gives an update and writes that Ziggler is likely being punished for something he said in an interview last month.

The feeling is it stems from an interview he did around the time of SummerSlam. The problem is he did tons of interviews around SummerSlam, some big and some small, and in all of them I've checked I haven't seen anything that one would deem particularly offensive. The problem is also that with WWE and the decision-makers at the top, sometimes the things that set them off are things that a normal human being wouldn't even think twice about. But it is believed he is paying the price for something he said.

Assuming this is true, it does look very unfair on WWE's part. Sure, the 33-year-old can be frank in interviews, but he's never outright said anything shocking.

The situation is even more mind-boggling when you think of the things people like Randy Orton and CM Punk have gotten away with saying.

Orton infamously humiliated Diva Kelly Kelly when he made remarks about her personal life on a radio show in 2011. Easily the worst interview he's ever done, this was out of line and totally unprofessional.

CM Punk, meanwhile, has been known for tweeting about competing TV shows—while Raw is actually airing.

Not to mention his childish outburst towards a ringside fan two weeks ago. (Apparently, if you go to a wrestling show and boo a performer, it justifies getting bombarded with vicious personal insults.)

Neither were punished for their transgressions—at least not in any noticeable way.

If WWE insist on being so petty when they dish out strict punishments to talent, they could at least be somewhat consistent.

Now personally I wasn't bothered by Punk's "fat guy in the front row" thing but yeah if Ziggler's interviews are worth burials then why aren't Orton and Punk's mentioned actions? Kinda hypocritical on the E's part to be so bias with what "rubs them the wrong way".

Old 09-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #803
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The only problem with that is this news for season 2 of the show.
Oh well. Maybe she doesn't do the part with kissing Orton, but does the obvious betrayal, like mocking Daniel Bryan as he lies beaten on the mat. They could even use this in Total Divas, contrasting their real life relationship to them having to act like they hate each other on TV. I don't watch Total Divas, but they don't stick to kayfabe, right? That would be silly.

Holy crap. I just assumed that WWE and E! wouldn't team up to do something silly.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #804
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetre15 View Post
Now personally I wasn't bothered by Punk's "fat guy in the front row" thing but yeah if Ziggler's interviews are worth burials then why aren't Orton and Punk's mentioned actions? Kinda hypocritical on the E's part to be so bias with what "rubs them the wrong way".
I imagine it is because Orton and Punk are bigger draws than Ziggler so would be allowed to get away with a lot more.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #805
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post
I imagine it is because Orton and Punk are bigger draws than Ziggler so would be allowed to get away with a lot more.
Which is still unfair. not to mention that for several weeks, Ziggler, Bryan and Punk had the highest drawing segments in the ratings breakdowns for Raw post WWE Payback. Just a few weeks ago Ziggler's handicap match with the Shield drew in 500,000 viewers on the Raw after Summerslam. He's more over than almost else that's not in the top two programs such as ADR, Kofi, Sandow( I like Sandow and he can draw heat I himself but still), And even Christian yet he gets the most minimal screentime and buried for saying something no where near as outrageous or unprofessional as Orton did about Kelly Kelly.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:39 PM   #806
Lobo
Wonder Gal is here!

I wish they'd give Dolph more than a few minutes on Raw to talk. I would really love to see/hear him let loose on Triple H with a live mic.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #807
nite-owl
Side-Kick

I completely agree that it is unfair and what did Orton say about Kelly Kelly?

Old 09-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #808
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Old 09-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #809
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
I wish they'd give Dolph more than a few minutes on Raw to talk. I would really love to see/hear him let loose on Triple H with a live mic.
The day he does that, is the day he gets introduced to Haitch's baby:

Old 09-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #810
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

Quote:
I'll always be a Melina mark.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #811
Lobo
Wonder Gal is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
The day he does that, is the day he gets introduced to Haitch's baby:

Seriously though, he needs his own "CM Punk shoot" moment

Old 09-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #812
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Dolph is unfortunate, I mean Orton's comments about Kelly were probably allowed to slide because she's not a draw and they were true, with Punk he's the second biggest star in the industry and his character is built off being outspoken and rebellious, plus he's shown he's willing to walk away, so WWE aren't gonna do anything to him. Dolph has no leverage so it means he cops the burial treatment, which is ironically NOT what's best for business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
I'll have to try and avatar that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
Oh well. Maybe she doesn't do the part with kissing Orton, but does the obvious betrayal, like mocking Daniel Bryan as he lies beaten on the mat. They could even use this in Total Divas, contrasting their real life relationship to them having to act like they hate each other on TV. I don't watch Total Divas, but they don't stick to kayfabe, right? That would be silly.

Holy crap. I just assumed that WWE and E! wouldn't team up to do something silly.
I'd just hope that Triple H would prevent Total Divas bleeding into the WWE title main event angle.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 09-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #813
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

Quote:
Dolph is unfortunate, I mean Orton's comments about Kelly were probably allowed to slide because she's not a draw and they were true, with Punk he's the second biggest star in the industry and his character is built off being outspoken and rebellious, plus he's shown he's willing to walk away, so WWE aren't gonna do anything to him. Dolph has no leverage so it means he cops the burial treatment, which is ironically NOT what's best for business.
Agreed.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #814
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Which is pretty hilarious coming from a company that shoves an Anti-Bullying campaign down our throats. Sounds like typical bullies cherry picking who can say what without getting buried. What Ziggler said was far from offensive and far from unprofessional but just because he's not in the position of the Cenas, Ortons, and Punks, he gets buried because he's not asskissing their status quo or falling in line. He's a popular act but gets none of the perks of the popular acts.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #815
Lobo
Wonder Gal is here!

He's in the position Punk was a few years ago, only difference is Punk was willing to just walk.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #816
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
I'll always be a Melina mark.

She won't ever return though.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #817
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post
I completely agree that it is unfair and what did Orton say about Kelly Kelly?
I think it had something to do with talking about her love life and how she had slept with a few (maybe 10) guys within the WWE

Old 09-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #818
Dr. Evil
Gamora

A bit of good news, this guy will be competing at a WWE House Show this weekend:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #819
Van Petrol
No Strings On Me

^ I thought that was Christian for a second.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:47 PM   #820
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
A bit of good news, this guy will be competing at a WWE House Show this weekend:

I really love how high they are on Sami Zayn....I'd love for them to let him wrestle someone like Daniel Bryan or Punk at a house show to see how crowds would react to it.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #821
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Unmasking seems to have not affected "The Wrestler formerly known as El Generico"

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #822
sweetre15
Positive Page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
He's in the position Punk was a few years ago, only difference is Punk was willing to just walk.
Well he's set for a film directed by Max Landis to be shot at some point and he's taken an interest in Stand up comedy so....I'd like to think that at some point, if WWE keeps treating him like crap, he'd pursue those options or atleast threaten to.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #823
sweetre15
Positive Page

Now I'm torn on what to watch today: The One Night Only Knockouts PPV or Smackdown? I know what happens on Smackdown for the most part but I'm also interested in the talent on the Knockouts PPV tonight

Old 09-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #824
WildChild
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post

Thanks for this. After reading that Ziggler news I needed that.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #825
Slushy
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

El Generico was a fun character, but IMO he's better off without the mask.

Closed Thread