The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 10:39 AM   #151
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 11

Im going to visit New york (Manhattan)for the first time..Im very anxious.. Is there a cool place to visit for someone who love cinema and super hero movies? like movie merchandising store or bluray/steelbooks store?

Thanks guys

Old 09-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #152
javi1024
DANGER ZONE!

You can probably try Midtown Comics in Time Square. They should have a ton of stuff.

Nightcrawler: ".....British or Japanese Psylocke?"

PSN ID: Gizmo1024
playing Mass Effect 3, Uncharted 3, Rochard, Super Street Fighter 4
Old 09-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #153
JP
To me

Forbidden Planet in Union Square is also pretty great.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #154
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Is there still a massive Hulk statue in one of the NY cinemas? Remember there being one (& it was bloody awesome) when I went to see TDK. And there was a comic/merchandise shop nearby as I bought some graphic novels just before going.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #155
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Fox were smart not to market the crap out of The Wolverine. It was a very delicate situation after they fumbled Origins so badly, and with some struggles during production I think it was smart to let the film open fairly quietly and speak for itself.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:26 PM   #156
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by javi1024 View Post
You can probably try Midtown Comics in Time Square. They should have a ton of stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
There's a place on 33rd (right across from the Empire State Building) that has a lot of cool stuff too.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #157
Nell2ThaIzzay
Johnny Russo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUspartan View Post
So is adult Beast not going to be in DOFP? I won't miss Kelsey Grammer if thats true. I'm just curious how his absence will be explained. Maybe they will have Beast dead in the future. Like a tombstone for him. Sort of like you see in the cartoons when they do DOFP type storylines.

So when Logan goes to the past he tells the past Beast if they don't change the future, he's dead. Is this what you all think is likely to happen?
They don't really need to explain it, since Beast left the X-Men against at the end of X-Men: The Last Stand, so he wouldn't have to be around with the X-Men in the future.

Albeit, it would make sense for him to be around since society pretty much doesn't exist anymore, but it's not necessary for him to be there in the future.

Includes movie information, timeline theories, character bios, and more!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #158
TeeKay
Side-Kick

I'm glad Singer is giving other mutants a chance to shine. I mean Kitty's travelling back in time in the movie...Oh wait...............Why is Wolverine getting the spotlight again????

Last edited by TeeKay; 09-06-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #159
JP
To me

Because people like to jump to conclusions.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #160
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
That's not true. It was advertised well enough in the UK. I saw it advertised in various places that the general public would have seen. If people didn't go and watch it then it's because they didn't want to. I don't know about the US but that's the case in the UK.

People are obviously just becoming bored with Wolverine. The fact his solo movies don't do as well proves he isn't as palatable to the general audience outside of a team. You can't blame people getting fatigued over Wolverine when he has been in five movies prior to TW. He's not fresh anymore. I expect DOFP will dwarf TW in box office takings. An ensemble is much more appealing to people after multiple other X-Men related movies, especially as older characters are returning. It feels fresh again.
Advertising or not (of which I don't remember seeing any & I'm also in the UK), my friends & colleagues all know & talk about Man of Steel (whether they like it or not) & know about Iron Man 3. I've not heard one person talk about this Wolverine film and I almost forgot myself that it was coming out this year. That's not possible with most blockbusters, even the ones I'm trying to avoid! And people aren't going to get fatigued if they don't even know it's out.

We don't know how well his solo movies would do if done well and with high awareness levels as his 1st one was garbage and not of the level you would expect from a 1st solo Wolverine film. You couldn't judge Batman's box office potential if Batman & Robin had been the 1st Batman film.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #161
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I'm glad Singer is giving other mutants a chance to shine. I mean Kitty's travelling back in time in the movie...Oh wait...............Why is Wolverine getting the spot line again????
*spotlight

Old 09-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #162
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
*spotlight
fixed it

Old 09-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #163
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Thanks a lot guys! javi1024 ; JP ; danoyse

Old 09-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #164
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Not so great anymore since an awful Zumies took their location and it relocated a few doors down. The place on 33rd I think is best.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #165
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
I'm glad Singer is giving other mutants a chance to shine. I mean Kitty's travelling back in time in the movie...Oh wait...............Why is Wolverine getting the spotlight again????
Because no one else is in the postition of being able in both time periods and not already connected to the events shaping history

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 09-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #166
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekid View Post
Not so great anymore since an awful Zumies took their location and it relocated a few doors down. The place on 33rd I think is best.
Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with the new Forbidden Planet last time I was down there. The old store on the corner was great.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #167
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
Because no one else is in the postition of being able in both time periods and not already connected to the events shaping history
That's a weak explanation -_-Eh it worked for Kitty Pride in the comics -_- Storm could do it, Beast?? Rogue??? Instead of them we get Wolverine again, will Fox ever stop whoring him?? jesus, we need other mutants to shine. It's bad enough some of the mutant's powers have been watered down by Singer -____- And worse, those sentinels

Last edited by TeeKay; 09-06-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #168
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
That's a weak explanation -_-Eh it worked for Kitty Pride in the comics -_- Storm could do it, Beast?? Rogue??? Instead of them we get Wolverine again, will Fox ever stop whoring him?? jesus, we need other mutants to shine. It's bad enough some of the mutant's powers have been watered down by Singer -____- And worse, those sentinels
Clearly you never read the original comic run. It worked for Kitty there because she had a youger self in the 70s for them to switch her mind with. That's the whole element of time travel being used here.

Seeing as there's no Kitty (or Rogue or Storm right now) in the 70s in the movieverse it's makes absolute sense that Wolverine is the vessel.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #169
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Clearly you never read the original comic run.
Sounds about right.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:05 PM   #170
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
I feel u, teekay.... I feel you.

But you know what, as hard as it may sound, Im sure the franchise will slowly improve on that with the next movies. Fox and crew want to really expand the movie universe, so its just a matter of time that we start getting movies where Wolverine isnt the star, and at the same time, movies where he wont appear.

If Fox really plans to keep doing movies about the X-Men universe, like... lets say 4-5 or more movies, its highly unlikely Hugh stars in all of them, so.... as I said, its just a matter of time.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #171
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Clearly you never read the original comic run. It worked for Kitty there because she had a youger self in the 70s for them to switch her mind with. That's the whole element of time travel being used here.

Seeing as there's no Kitty (or Rogue or Storm right now) in the 70s in the movieverse it's makes absolute sense that Wolverine is the vessel.
I have read it imo. So Singer is deliberately deviating from the story line from the comics just to put Wolvie back in time??Well Singer should have casted an older looking Kitty and let her be the centre of attention once. I'm just tired of seeing wolverine getting the spotlight in every X-Men movie (except First Class).
And as for those Sentinals. F@*k Singer.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:15 PM   #172
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I feel u, teekay.... I feel you.

But you know what, as hard as it may sound, Im sure the franchise will slowly improve on that with the next movies. Fox and crew want to really expand the movie universe, so its just a matter of time that we start getting movies where Wolverine isnt the star, and at the same time, movies where he wont appear.

If Fox really plans to keep doing movies about the X-Men universe, like... lets say 4-5 or more movies, its highly unlikely Hugh stars in all of them, so.... as I said, its just a matter of time.
I'm no hater or anything, I'm a huge X-men fan but the people at Fox need to let go of Wolverine. There are a lot of mutants out there. I wanna see them on screen without Wolvie being the centre of attention.

I liked x-2, it's a great movie without a doubt but some of the mutants powers have been powered down except for a few. Rogue was watered down a lot, Storm (wasn't until X-3 when she flew, correct me if I'm wrong), Jean *sigh*

I'm Glad Hugh Jackman said that Days of Future Past might be his last X-Man movie. I'm hoping that's true. And f*@k Singer for not making Cyclops the leader of the team -__-

Old 09-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #173
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think another reason they went with Wolverine is because of the age thing. If he got stuck back there. He wont age & get older as anyone else would & could just wait time out

Old 09-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #174
Angamb
Banned User

dont understand your point at all.

Wolverine is already in the 70's.... what influence will the time travel have in his aging?

Old 09-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #175
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Don't be a fish...

Closed Thread