The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Products > Superhero Products

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #901
Green Scar
Side-Kick

Default Re: The New Stuff I Got Thread Reboot - Part 2

Saw the first wave of the Star Wars Black toys yesterday at Target. They look incredible. I'll need to find out the street date for the second wave, because now I want that Boba Fett even more.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #902
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwire View Post
If you don't mind, how much? I only ask because I know how outrageous he can get.
I did really well... $207.00 I was pretty shocked. I've been trying to get one for like 6 months and I never saw one go for less than $270. or so. I guess if you wait out enough auctions you eventually get lucky. I was actually outbid at one point, but the other guy retracted his bid.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #903
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Scar View Post
Saw the first wave of the Star Wars Black toys yesterday at Target. They look incredible. I'll need to find out the street date for the second wave, because now I want that Boba Fett even more.
Where have you seen them? I still need an R2D2. I haven't seen them at all in CT yet. They had them in CO and NH in abundance, but I couldn't afford the whole set at the time, and had to put R2 back. Now I can't find him anywhere. The Walmart near me only carries 3.75' Star Wars Black. I hate my Walmart:

I don't know if they're doing it everywhere, but the Walmart near me clearanced off all of their 6 inch figure stock. Marvel Legends, Iron Man Legends, Man of Steel, Amazing Spider-Man, DC Unlimited... All $10. each. Nothing I didn't have or particularly wanted... But anyone looking to fill holes from those lines or customizers might want to look into it. Anyone else see this at their Walmart? It looks like mine is going strictly kids toys.. Even with the Transformers, they seem to be letting the deluxe's go and are focusing on those crappy new constructobots. Sucks, cuz now I don't have any place that sells toys nearby, so can't do too much hunting anymore. Guess it's strictly Ebay and BBTS.

Last edited by Rob3880; 09-04-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #904
Lord Valumart
Hype's Dr - It's Canon

Oh man, I want those 6inch Star Wars figures so bad. Ok, I want Luke and R2 from this wave, but I'm sure they'll get to Wedge eventually... Right?

Twitter: @lordvalumart
Old 09-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #905
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Valumart View Post
Oh man, I want those 6inch Star Wars figures so bad. Ok, I want Luke and R2 from this wave, but I'm sure they'll get to Wedge eventually... Right?
Hopefully it will be a long running line, and we'll get characters like that eventually. I can't believe Vader wasn't in either of the first two waves... Maybe they are going to do something special with him. I'm not going to put too much trust in Hasbro though... The way they've handled Marvel Legends since their return doesn't exactly fill me with faith and optimism.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #906
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3880 View Post
I did really well... $207.00 I was pretty shocked. I've been trying to get one for like 6 months and I never saw one go for less than $270. or so. I guess if you wait out enough auctions you eventually get lucky. I was actually outbid at one point, but the other guy retracted his bid.
That is pretty damned good!

Old 09-04-2013, 06:36 PM   #907
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Valumart View Post
And now they've swapped to Star Wars scale and they look like crap. Yay!
aww, thats disappointing

Better Call Saul
Old 09-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #908
Darkness Falls

scored big time yesterday at my local dollar store
They got in a shipment of jazware's 3inch sonic the hedgehog figure line for $2.50 each

picked up
- Modern Sonic
- Modern Tails
- Modern Knuckles
- Shadow
- Silver

i couldn't believe it cause i payed $15 each for the Classic Sonic/Tails at retail

also picked up a buildable sonic figure ball at the counter, they're pretty nifty, i got Metal Sonic, pretty pleased cause it's pretty much in scale with the other ones i picked up

Better Call Saul
Old 09-04-2013, 11:06 PM   #909
Rob3880
Side-Kick

My one purchase of the week, although it's a doozy. MP-10 Optimus Prime !

Bidding on Masterpiece Rodimus Prime, Masterpiece Sideswipe, Masterpiece Red Alert, and Masterpiece Thundercracker for next week. Worked 55 hours last week, but getting paid for something like 75 thanks to overtime, Sunday and Holiday pay..So money to burn! I love holiday weeks !

Old 09-05-2013, 08:05 AM   #910
Green Scar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Where have you seen them? I still need an R2D2. I haven't seen them at all in CT yet. They had them in CO and NH in abundance, but I couldn't afford the whole set at the time, and had to put R2 back. Now I can't find him anywhere. The Walmart near me only carries 3.75' Star Wars Black. I hate my Walmart:

I don't know if they're doing it everywhere, but the Walmart near me clearanced off all of their 6 inch figure stock. Marvel Legends, Iron Man Legends, Man of Steel, Amazing Spider-Man, DC Unlimited... All $10. each. Nothing I didn't have or particularly wanted... But anyone looking to fill holes from those lines or customizers might want to look into it. Anyone else see this at their Walmart? It looks like mine is going strictly kids toys.. Even with the Transformers, they seem to be letting the deluxe's go and are focusing on those crappy new constructobots. Sucks, cuz now I don't have any place that sells toys nearby, so can't do too much hunting anymore. Guess it's strictly Ebay and BBTS.
Target in Manchester had 2. If you want if I see him I'll grab him for you. Just text me if you end up finding him.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #911
Green Scar
Side-Kick

I didn't realize that they were also doing a 3.75" Black line. They only had one at Target, but it was Biggs. The detail was incredible on him, too.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #912
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Scar View Post
Target in Manchester had 2. If you want if I see him I'll grab him for you. Just text me if you end up finding him.
Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. My mom actually works like a mile down the road from there, so I'm going to have her check it out for me tonight. Thanks for the info.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #913
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

What gets me is Hasbro puts all this detail and thinking behind the Transformer figures yet they CHEAPEN the Marvel lines.
Quote:
My one purchase of the week, although it's a doozy. MP-10 Optimus Prime !

Bidding on Masterpiece Rodimus Prime, Masterpiece Sideswipe, Masterpiece Red Alert, and Masterpiece Thundercracker for next week. Worked 55 hours last week, but getting paid for something like 75 thanks to overtime, Sunday and Holiday pay..So money to burn! I love holiday weeks !

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 09-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #914
Darkness Falls

Iron Man 3 - Bluray

Better Call Saul
Old 09-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #915
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
What gets me is Hasbro puts all this detail and thinking behind the Transformer figures yet they CHEAPEN the Marvel lines.
The thing with Transformers is they are generally designed by Takara/Tomy, who produce the Japanese Transformers. They definitely care a lot more about putting out a quality product than Hasbro does. Generally, the Takara TF's have better paint apps, chrome, and more diecast than the Hasbro one's do. Hasbro usually will try to manufacture them as cheaply as possible... But luckily the Takara designs are already so good that Hasbro would really have to try hard to screw them up. Plus, with the above OP as an example, he was $120. at original retail for the Hasbro version, $300. for an imported Takara version, so we're paying a lot more for the innovation and quality.

It is pretty sad though that a lot of these big chains are starting to ignore the collector quality figures... Granted, the first few waves of RoML prodcued a lot of peg warmers, which scared retailers off from bringing in the new waves.. But a lot of it comes down to the tastes of kids nowadays.. And unfortunately, they like crappy toys. Kids seem to have no interest in highly detailed figures... I don't know why. If I saw Marvel Legends quality figures mixed in with all the G.I. Joes and Star Wars figures (which haven't changed that much over the years) when I was a kid, I would've creamed my little jeans. But kids nowadays don't seem that interested. They gravitate towards the beyblades or whatever the hell they are, or action figures that have a lot of gimmicks. I never see any kids even look at the ML's and DCU 6" figures.

Last edited by Rob3880; 09-06-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #916
Ipodman
Love Tension

2nd hand early-90s-ish comics. Condition of the insides are not the best... but the covers look alright

Old 09-07-2013, 02:27 AM   #917
Darkness Falls

Halo 4 tmp figures
- Master Chief
- Cortana
- Ellite Zealot

Sonic - Buildable figure - Super Sonic

Books
Still Me - Christopher Reeves
Kiss Me Like A Stranger - Gene Wilder

Better Call Saul

Last edited by Darkness Falls; 09-07-2013 at 05:16 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #918
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

At Walmart in the Halloween section 6 bucks

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 09-12-2013, 03:47 AM   #919
Darkness Falls

Got my Play Arts Kai Tdkt joker last night
i love it, the amount of detail in the face/suit is amazing, its my first figure from PAK, really impressed

The Little Mermaid - Bluray

Better Call Saul
Old 09-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #920
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I didn't think the little mermaid was getting released until October?

Old 09-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #921
ComicChick
refuse to feel the flames
SHH! Global Moderator

maybe it already is in other countries?

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall
Old 09-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #922
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

ah, i couldn't see "australia" from my phone... makes sense

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #923
Darkness Falls

yea it came out a few days ago here, i was surprised to see it cause i had the american date marked on my calendar haha

Mortal Kombat - Scorpion figure
2inch classic sonic figure

Batman automobilia issue 7 (Batmobile from Batman 575)
Blazing Saddles - Bluray

Better Call Saul
Old 09-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #924
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Nabbed two more MP'S for my ever growing Masterpiece shelf.. Sweet Jebus I love these things... They are the most impressively engineered toys I've ever come across, and they just look so damn incredible on a shelf together. I just wish there were more of them! Anyway, I picked up the TRU exclusive versions of MP Rodimus Prime (looking like he got pulled straight out of Transformers : The Movie) and MP Thundercracker. Now I just need Skywarp to complete the OG Seeker trio. Next week!
Rodimus:

Thundercracker:

Old 09-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #925
Green Scar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nabbed two more MP'S for my ever growing Masterpiece shelf.. Sweet Jebus I love these things... They are the most impressively engineered toys I've ever come across, and they just look so damn incredible on a shelf together. I just wish there were more of them! Anyway, I picked up the TRU exclusive versions of MP Rodimus Prime (looking like he got pulled straight out of Transformers : The Movie) and MP Thundercracker. Now I just need Skywarp to complete the OG Seeker trio. Next week!
Just imagine how they'll look with the leader of the Decepticons!

Closed Thread