The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 04:44 PM   #901
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Default Re: MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion

Yeah, that'll change after the first season.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 08-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #902
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
If I remember correctly they said they wouldn't use SHEILD to introduce new heroes.
Source? Because I never heard them say that. They said they want to focus on characters created on the show but never ruling out bringing in known heroes or villains too.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #903
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I'd be pretty disappointed if there's no heroes/villains from the comics in the show. One of the best parts of the MCU is seeing all of the characters from the comics coming to life & interacting with each other, opposed to being the only super hero in the world.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:44 PM   #904
Loki882
Side-Kick

Whedon said that they would be concentrating on new characters INITIALLY. However, he left the door wide open for characters from the comics to appear on the show in the future.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:00 AM   #905
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther X View Post

Hey! Would be great to hear what everyone thinks about this.. thing I put together. It's supposed to include every character featured and confirmed to be included in the MCU.
Thats pretty neat, i like it. However, you could add in the Destroyer in the Thor section.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #906
Panther X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOZlovesBOOZ View Post
Thats pretty neat, i like it. However, you could add in the Destroyer in the Thor section.
Wow, I forgot all about that one. Thanks, dude!

Ultra Hi-Res: http://heroicfilmcentral.files.wordp...niverse-11.jpg

Old 08-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #907
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther X View Post
Wow, I forgot all about that one. Thanks, dude!

Ultra Hi-Res: http://heroicfilmcentral.files.wordp...niverse-11.jpg
Nice little chart there. However, I think you could've put in pics of Robert Redford and Emily Van Camp, even if you don't have actual film stills, since they're likely to look like their regular selves. Not so sure how Crossbones and Batroc will look like.

Also, you forgot Chess Roberts (Olivia Munn) from IM2. Oh, and Private Lorainne (Natalie Dormer) from CA: TFA.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #908
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

I wonder when IM4 will come out. How long will they give the character a break?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Old 08-30-2013, 08:04 PM   #909
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
I wonder when IM4 will come out. How long will they give the character a break?
Probably for a long time. RDJ is only signed through Avengers 3.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 08-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #910
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Yeah, IM4 would be after Avengers 3, after a recast, most likely.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #911
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Probably for a long time. RDJ is only signed through Avengers 3.
that doesn't necessarily mean that TA3 will be his last movie as Tony Stark, just that MS will negotiate another contract with him after Phase III.
If the money is right I predict IM to be in cinemas in 2019

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 08-30-2013, 11:28 PM   #912
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
that doesn't necessarily mean that TA3 will be his last movie as Tony Stark, just that MS will negotiate another contract with him after Phase III.
If the money is right I predict IM to be in cinemas in 2019
He'll be pretty old by then. And he's been talking about wanting to do other things lately. Personally, I wouldn't mind a recast for 2020 or 2021.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:19 AM   #913
Donk
Random Jackass

I think by the time Avengers 3 gets made RDJ will be getting up there in age and they'll need to look at maybe recasting the roll. It will be very hard for most to accept another actor as Ironman but with good scripts and the right person they could pull it off.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:33 AM   #914
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donk View Post
I think by the time Avengers 3 gets made RDJ will be getting up there in age and they'll need to look at maybe recasting the roll. It will be very hard for most to accept another actor as Ironman but with good scripts and the right person they could pull it off.
The one thing that'll convince me is if RDJ is there for the testing and gives his stamp of approval. But they may not want to do that, may be too much pressure.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:19 AM   #915
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

After TA3 it's time for someone new.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Old 09-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #916
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
A few weeks back, actor Vin Diesel revealed that his initial meetings with Marvel, which he teased often on his Facebook page, were initially about a new property that Marvel is hoping to launch in 2016. He says from there the talks turned to current roles and lead to his casting as Groot in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy, but the talks with Marvel didn't stop there.

In an interview with Maria Menounos (via Bleeding Cool), Diesel says he and Marvel are still discussing the role for the mystery 2016 Phase 3 film .

"When I met with Marvel it wasn’t for anything immediate, it was to talk about a film that would be introduced in the Phase 3 part of Marvel, not for a few years. You wouldn’t be able to see it for a few years. In my mind, Marvel were doing it right, they were enrolling me at the ground level which is the best way to enroll me."

"I get the call, I go down to Marvel. A great meeting. It was even talking about something so big I can’t even talk about because it’s like the merging of brands in a way, which I won’t get into. That was something way, way, way, way, way down the road."

Though Diesel teased the meeting to no end on social media, he says he and Marvel agreed to not speak about specifics, and then Comic-Con happened.

"We had agreed not to say anything about the specifics of the meeting. So, now I’ve got the fans who I love more than I love the industry, than I love everybody… I was thinking “I’ve got to be real with them, I’ve got to tell them something” and yet I want to be respectful of people’s process and if people like to do a slow reveal, you know?""
"Quite frankly, it would have been too much to say and it might have been anticlimactic to say 'We’re working on something for 2016' and so I just said 'You’re going to hear some really big news' and I left at the end of that and it went crazy."

Diesel confirms that while he is still portraying Groot, his talks with Marvel about the 2016 project are still going on.

"The next Monday, Marvel talks to me and says “We’re going to send something over in two weeks. We want to focus on the 2016 but we also want to, if possible, answer this growing request for something now.” I don’t have six months to play a character in the immediate future, it’s all booked… there was no way I was going to be able to deliver… after Comic-Con, we were at a stalemate…"

These quotes bring up many different questions. What is the 2016 film that Marvel still wants Diesel to star in? What exactly does Diesel mean by "Merging of brands?" And when will we know for sure? Marvel currently has two untitled films slated for release in 2016, on May 6th and another on July 8th. What do you think they could be? Sound off with your theories below.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...marvel-phase-3

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-07-2013, 01:20 PM   #917
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

My guess at this point is that Marvel is looking to build up its "Cosmic MCU" starting with Guardians of the Galaxy. It's the same universe, but it is kind of its own separate thing from the Earth-based heroes and Avengers stuff, thus a different "brand".

And the culmination of Phase 3 may be (as most speculate) involving Thanos, Avengers, and their Cosmic stuff (Guardians, Inhumans, Nova, Captain Marvel, etc..). S maybe that is what he is referring to.

I think that is more likely than hinting at bringing Spider-Man or X-Men into the fold.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #918
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBrain View Post
I think that is more likely than hinting at bringing Spider-Man or X-Men into the fold.
I cant believe people still think this could be a option, even after the whole Quicksilver thing.

Reality Stone=Aether
Power Stone=Orb
Time Stone=?????
Soul Stone=?????
Old 09-08-2013, 06:11 AM   #919
BrlntDsgse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzy.94 View Post
I cant believe people still think this could be a option, even after the whole Quicksilver thing.
You've got a point as far as X-Men goes...but Spider-Man is a possibility. Oscorp building from ASM was going to be part of the New York skyline in Avengers, but was not done due to time constraints. Sony might be willing to include Spidey in the MCU in the future if they and Marvel/Disney can work out an equitable deal.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #920
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrlntDsgse View Post
You've got a point as far as X-Men goes...but Spider-Man is a possibility. Oscorp building from ASM was going to be part of the New York skyline in Avengers, but was not done due to time constraints. Sony might be willing to include Spidey in the MCU in the future if they and Marvel/Disney can work out an equitable deal.
I hope not. not only would that mean that this Garfield brat would show up and therefore ruin the MCU, but Spidey works better alone and those universes should be seperated

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 09-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #921
Lord
All Mighty

Garfield was great in the role of Peter Parker, just because he wasn't a nerd like the comics doesn't mean he wasn't good, he was just a different type.

I'm open to The Amazing Spider-Man being part of the MCU, it's the closest deal they can get and they're building this new series to last long. If they don't do it then there's no problem either since Spider-Man can stand on his oun. I sincerelly was never atracted to the idea of Spider-Man or Wolverine as Avengers, it doesn't feel right.

When i think of Marvel's universe i allways think of them as separated in 4 franchises:

-The Avengers
-X-Men
-Spider-Man and the more urban based heroes
-Fantastic Four

There are certainly some from a different franchise that work well when put into a another, like with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, but i'm of the opinion that a main character from one of these franchises shouldn't become part of the team of another.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 09-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #922
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrlntDsgse View Post
Yeah, I think a Fox-Marvel merger will never happen, because Fox is already a huge studio and financially sound. They can afford to have X-Men and FF movies flop, and aren't under any pressure or obligation to get their Marvel properties released, unlike Sony, who pretty much *depends* on the Spidey movies to stay solvent.

Sony has a better relationship with Marvel Studios. Sony could use the boost from Avenger/MCU connections. Working Spidey into a shared MCU is a helluva lot easier than trying to retcon a whole timeline to include X-Men mutants and a decades-old mutie vs. human war.

My money is on Vin's comments referring to Spidey being revealed to be part of the MCU. And I think it'll be through a Spider-Man/Daredevil Team-Up, with Vin Diesel starring as Kingpin.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 09-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #923
Lord
All Mighty

SONY belongs to Columbia, and acording to here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_f..._major_studios

They're more powerful than Disney

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 09-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #924
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, I think a Fox-Marvel merger will never happen, because Fox is already a huge studio and financially sound. They can afford to have X-Men and FF movies flop, and aren't under any pressure or obligation to get their Marvel properties released, unlike Sony, who pretty much *depends* on the Spidey movies to stay solvent.

Sony has a better relationship with Marvel Studios. Sony could use the boost from Avenger/MCU connections. Working Spidey into a shared MCU is a helluva lot easier than trying to retcon a whole timeline to include X-Men mutants and a decades-old mutie vs. human war.

My money is on Vin's comments referring to Spidey being revealed to be part of the MCU. And I think it'll be through a Spider-Man/Daredevil Team-Up, with Vin Diesel starring as Kingpin.

If Marvel really wanted Spidey they would of asked for some control on the first Amazing Spider-man movie to make sure it's in continuity with the MCU

Reality Stone=Aether
Power Stone=Orb
Time Stone=?????
Soul Stone=?????
Old 09-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #925
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Garfield was great in the role of Peter Parker, just because he wasn't a nerd like the comics doesn't mean he wasn't good, he was just a different type.

I'm open to The Amazing Spider-Man being part of the MCU, it's the closest deal they can get and they're building this new series to last long. If they don't do it then there's no problem either since Spider-Man can stand on his oun. I sincerelly was never atracted to the idea of Spider-Man or Wolverine as Avengers, it doesn't feel right.

When i think of Marvel's universe i allways think of them as separated in 4 franchises:

-The Avengers
-X-Men
-Spider-Man and the more urban based heroes
-Fantastic Four

There are certainly some from a different franchise that work well when put into a another, like with Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, but i'm of the opinion that a main character from one of these franchises shouldn't become part of the team of another.
I'm of those same opinions

I'm also of the opinion that not everything needs connecting, atm it's basiccaly a 2 degrees of seperation between all MCU characters.

I sincerely hope we get a few GOTG and Cosmic movies that are completely seperate from Earth before they cross them over

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Closed Thread