Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #23
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Default Re: FOX Shared Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
How many times have you really had to grab a Thor book to finish an X-Men story? The major crossover's are usually self contained in a limited run or withtin the characters own world since theres like 20 X Books. I can understand those events taking away from the current focus of the individual books. But even with something like AvsX you didn't need to pick up Iron Man, Avengers, Thor or Cap to understand what was going on.

Fair enough.
Plenty of times.

Mutant Massacre involved Thor, and I believe Fantastic Four, and a bunch of other Marvel titles. Like... I don't care about Thor's story arc, I'm trying to read an X-Men story.

One of my favorite Gambit storyarcs has an X-Men / Ghost Rider crossover.

Civil War and Fear Itself are obviously full on Marvel crossovers.

Wolverine is an Avenger, and his first appearance was in Hulk. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are Avengers. That's some things off the top of my head, and I'm sure if I went through my comics collection, I'd find a lot more.

And like I said, I'm not a fan of it. I know most comic book fans love the Marvel Shared Universe, but I don't. I like keeping different fiction universes separate, and not incorporating them into each other.

While that makes me an uncommon sort of comic book fan, I also consider myself more of an X-Men fan than I am a comic book fan.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote