The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 09-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #101
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: > Design FOX's Production AGENDA since DOFP (2014-2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I doubt it.

If FOX are really wanting to "expand" the X-Men movie universe, they won't do it in the movies that are set in 70s and the 80s.

Plus the OT cast are the "beloved" cast by the GA.
Well, where will the Fantastic Four reboot sit in the timeline? Seems odd that they would exist in the future if it turns into a bleak world of Age of Apocalypse with X Force.

Chat to me on Twitter @ TheGeekFiles
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #102
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I am doudting the FF will be peroid peice.

And who says X-force will be set In bleak world of age of apocalypse.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #103
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
your list is crazy, lol. I know you and most of us would love as many movies as possible, but according to your lists/posts, its like you expected Fox to release almost 3 comic movies each year, and two from the same x-men universe, thats surreal, lol.

We will be lucky if we get one comic movie each year, and one x-men related movie each year starting in 2016.

But some good ideas on your lists
Only 2018 & 2019 have two a year, the rest is one a year.

And if MS can do two a year Fox could providing audiences fully understand the difference in series

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #104
Angamb
Banned User

but I was counting Fantastic Four too, since both franchises are Fox properties.

Fox has many other proyects at the same time than X-Men and F4, so although we want many more movies, they will take a slower approach with both franchises.

Not to mention that 3 movies by Fox, 2 by Marvel and others by Warner and Sony would be saturation. Too many comic movies in one year wont benefit any studio

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #105
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Too many comic movies in one year wont benefit any studio
I agree with that. although i like Thor i probably won't see it until it's on bluray as i'm burned out on CBMs for this year.

Blade X-Men Spider-Man Blade 2 X-Men 2 HULK Spider-Man 2 Iron Man X-Men First Class Thor Captain America: The First Avenger The Amazing Spider-Man The Wolverine
Old 09-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #106
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
That "beloved" didn't come from me, that came from the official Facebook page of the X-Men movies.

And you're wrong, having well-known characters will attract more casual viewers. FC having a lot of B-List and D-list X-Men characters was actually an issue to the GA.

Casual viewers don't know who the A-list/B-list/D-list X-Men are. Most of the GA doesn't know the universe like that. The GA cares about good movies. They want quality. Doesn't matter what character delivers it. The portion of the audience that took issue with the character selection in FC were fanboys/girls.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #107
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
I doubt it.

If FOX are really wanting to "expand" the X-Men movie universe, they won't do it in the movies that are set in 70s and the 80s.

Plus the OT cast are the "beloved" cast by the GA.
Why is "expanding" this film universe something that can ONLY be done in stories that are set in a present/future time period? I look at expanding as introducing new characters, new stories, new villains. There is a great deal of potential "expansion" TPTB can do with stories set in 70s/80s/90's with the FC cast.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #108
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
I agree with that. although i like Thor i probably won't see it until it's on bluray as i'm burned out on CBMs for this year.
to me its fine, since Ironman came in May, and Thor in November, so thats a decent time gap.

And after the dissapointment with Ironman 3, I want to see something different and set in another world, and since Thor world is my fave of the Marvel movie universe to date, I want to see it in the threatre.

I just hope it has a really darker and more adult tone, even if it has some jokes here and there, but hopefully much less than Thor 1 and Avengers. Lets see what happens, lol

Old 09-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #109
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I am doudting the FF will be peroid peice.

And who says X-force will be set In bleak world of age of apocalypse.
Yeah same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
Casual viewers don't know who the A-list/B-list/D-list X-Men are. Most of the GA doesn't know the universe like that. The GA cares about good movies. They want quality. Doesn't matter what character delivers it. The portion of the audience that took issue with the character selection in FC were fanboys/girls.
Yeah the casual viewers don't know D-list characters Azazel, Angel Salvadore, Riptide and chances are they won't be interested in watching a X-Men movie featuring those three compare to a movie featuring characters that are already well known to the GA like Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Bald Professor X in a wheelchair, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
Why is "expanding" this film universe something that can ONLY be done in stories that are set in a present/future time period? I look at expanding as introducing new characters, new stories, new villains. There is a great deal of potential "expansion" TPTB can do with stories set in 70s/80s/90's with the FC cast.
Because FOX is also developing spin-off films like X-Force and its already been reported the Fantastic Four shares the same universe with the X-Men. If the Fantastic Four will share universe with the X-Men, it would be weird if the FF are set in the 2010s while the X-Men are stuck in the 80s. Are they gonna do a X-Force film set in the 70s or 80s or 90s? And if a cross-over happens, they will have to use time-travel once again.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page

Last edited by psylockolussus; 09-06-2013 at 10:56 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:00 AM   #110
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Because FOX is also developing spin-off films like X-Force and its already been reported the Fantastic Four shares the same universe with the X-Men. If the Fantastic Four will share universe with the X-Men, it would be weird if the FF are set in the 2010s while the X-Men are stuck in the 80s. Are they gonna do a X-Force film set in the 70s or 80s or 90s? And if a cross-over happens, they will have to use time-travel once again.
What difference does it matter WHEN/WHERE the story takes place? As long as they introduce new things then they are expanding. Regardless of what they do with X-Force & F4 it wont change the fact that FC led X-Men movies set in past decades are a perfectly viable option for expanding the universe with new characters/stories.

Old 09-07-2013, 02:04 AM   #111
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Oh yeah because having X-Men films set in the 70s and X-Force films set in the modern-day world just sounds right. Especially if they are trying to do another team-up movie in the future.

Old 09-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #112
Angamb
Banned User

This would be my current list:

2014: X-Men: Days of future Past

2015: Fantastic Four reboot

2016: X-Force

2017: X-Men First Class 3 or X-Men 5 (Depending on Fox long plan)

2018: Fantastic Four 2
_ _ _ X-Men 5 (if FC3 comes in 2017)

2019: X-Men Crossover (X-Men + XForce)

* Next possible movies:

- The Wolverine 3 (all depends on Hugh involvement with the team movies and how far he wants to go)
- X-Force 2 (if the first has decent numbers)
- First Class 4 (if Fox decides to give the cast another movie, probably the last)
- New Spin-off (once all previous movies are done, a new spin-off is just a matter of time. What proyect? who knows.

Last edited by Angamb; 09-07-2013 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #113
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i do think the next film will be FC sequel after DOFP because i think singer has always had it planned that mcavoy will become like patricks Xavier by the end of FC3, but i can see it being tied in with X5 somehow

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 09-07-2013 at 08:41 AM.
GuestStar2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #114
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Only 2018 & 2019 have two a year, the rest is one a year.

And if MS can do two a year Fox could providing audiences fully understand the difference in series
The difference between Fox and Marvel is that Marvel only produce their MCU films and they have Disney money backing them. Fox develop other non x-men projects as well and may not have the funds or the time to release more than one x-men property a year

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #115
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Fox develop other non x-men projects as well and may not have the funds or the time to release more than one x-men property a year
True, but if their Marvel X and F4 films are turning up more profitable then their other flicks they may want to focus more on them. Films that have a pre existing fan base may look like a better idea.

Think besides Croods, Wolverine was their highest grosser this year.

Last edited by def28; 09-07-2013 at 05:45 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:47 PM   #116
Dasher10
Side-Kick

2014: DOFP (confirmed)
2015: Fantastic Four (confirmed) - assuming the villain is Annihilus
2016: X-Force (confirmed)
Wolverine 3 - Wolverine fights Omega Red
2017: X5: Sinister - based on a combination of Inferno and Mutant Massacre with elements of X-Cutioner's song. X-Force and the X-Men team up to investigate attacks on mutants squatting in abandoned subway tunnels, they end up fighting Sinister and the X-Mansion is raided. Also, Sinister cloned Sabertooth and Cable is revealed as Cyclop's son.
Fantastic Four 2 - Doctor Doom appears
2018 - First Class 3 - With a lineup of Beast, Wolverine, Havok, Quicksilver, Gambit and newcomers Sage and Northstar
X- Factor - X-Factor would have a lineup of Cyclops, Phoenix, Rictor, Multiple Man, Polaris and Forge. Cameron Hodge would be the villain with a plot that's a cross between X-Tinction Agenda and Phalanx Covenant with elements of Phoenix Rising and Schism as Cyclops leaves to form his own team.
2019: Fantastic Four 3 and X6: Age of Apocalypse - Apocalypse plans on taking over the world and the X-Men must stop him. The lineup of The Twelve this time around would have Sunfire swapped out for Human Torch, Mikhail Rasputin replaced with The Invisible Woman and The Thing replacing The Living Monolith. Also mixed in with X-Factor: Endame, X-Force: Apocalypse Solution and X-Factor: Fall of the Mutants.
2020 - First Class 3 and X-force 2 - This time using the Dark Angel Saga for X-Force and First Class 3 gets a mutant hating bigot named Donald Pierce hunting down mutants for sport along with his group named The Reavers
2021 - X-Factor 2 and Fantastic Four 4 - X-Factor 2 is based on Operation Zero Tolerance where it's revealed that DOFP didn't fix the timeline. The main Sentinel AI has survived and passed for human. I'm not sure who the Fantastic Four can fight
2022 - Secret Wars - Because owning the Fantastic Four and X-Men kind of means you need to do this story

Going forward from here
2023 - X7 - A cross between Mutant Genesis and Fatal Attractions

This is assuming that Fox can also do a live action TV series based on The New Mutants with a roster of Jubilee, Cannonball, Meltdown, Surge, Chamber, Prodigy, and Hellion.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #117
GenUsername
Side-Kick

2015: complete REBOOT. have the original 5 xmen. Mutants have been only been myth but now their in the public eye. The O5 are teens, and the series should play out similar to the Ultimate Xmen Comics, with humans having an incredibly hateful attitude towards mutants. I should be leaving the cinema in tears dammit.

NO WOLVERINE. the character is way too overexposed, even in the comics. The whole Jean romance stuff is getting stale. Also I've ALWAYS found the Jean-Logan thing weird. The O5 are approximately the same age as Spidey (so Beast is about 25-27 years old, strange right?) and Logan has the appearance of a 40-50 year old man, so by time the whole jean love thing happened she was 20-23 years old, I just find that strange.

Also mutations of another random characters should be DISGUSTING. people with bird faces, laying eggs. Horrific disfigurements that should scare people.

Violent attacks on the mutant community, mass murder, terrorism, kids being killed by parents. I have to feel how hard it is to be a mutant.

It would be kinda cool if Marvel and Fox did a deal. I thought it would be cool to see the sentinels be built by Sam Rockwells character from iron man 2. And a scene dealing with why the superheroes have done nothing to help mutants. But a world without heroes seems way more darker and crueler, it would be way more emotional

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Nope their highest grosser was wolverine. Fox only get 8% of the gross from the Croods. Fox really need their Marvel properties to take off, they are desperate for franchises, that's why they pump out Ice Ages and Die Hards. The fact a sequel to Percy Jackson was even green-lit is embarrassing. They also put out a narnia movie after all the other studios thought the franchise was toxic. We're also getting Rio 2 next year. So I imagine Fox will continue to make X films for as long as they turn a profit. Good for fans, but bizarre business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher10 View Post
This is assuming that Fox can also do a live action TV series based on The New Mutants with a roster of Jubilee, Cannonball, Meltdown, Surge, Chamber, Prodigy, and Hellion.
Fox can't make a show. Neither can disney even though disney have the rights. If disney/marvel were to make a show with the x-characters, Fox could sue claiming that Disney is trying to imply a connection to the x franchise that Fox currently have. This happened with a show called "mutant x" from some time ago.

Last edited by GenUsername; 09-07-2013 at 06:59 PM.
GenUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #118
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

LOL @ the reboot happening in 2015. Even if DOFP flops, the reboot would take time and won't be released 1 year after DOFP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
True, but if their Marvel X and F4 films are turning up more profitable then their other flicks they may want to focus more on them. Films that have a pre existing fan base may look like a better idea.

Yes, worldwide.
Quote:
I want FOX's schedule to be like this

Schedule A - if the Fantastic Four reboot became successful
July 2014: X-Men 4
March 2015: Fantastic Four
July 2016: X-Men 5
May 2017: Fantastic Four II
July 2018: X-Men 6
July 2019: Fantastic Four III
May 2020: X-Men VS Fantastic Four

Schedule B - if the Fantastic Four reboot bombed at the box-office and the movie rights for FF went back to Marvel Studios
July 2014: X-Men 4
March 2015: Fantastic Four
July 2016: X-Men 5
July 2018: X-Men 6
July 2020: X-Men 7
July 2022: X-Men 8
July 2025: X-Men 9 - the final film in the series
May 2030: X-Men Reboot

I can't really think of a spin-off movie that should be released, but if there's a spin-off movie that should be released, it should be released after X-Men 6. I feel like the general audience have seen enough spin-off films from the X-Men for now, I think starting next year, its time to go back to basics but the gap between the films are shorter compare to the last decade.
I'm sticking with this model. I feel like FOX could focus MORE with this plan, instead of juggling 3 to 4 casts. Plus its easier to market.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #119
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Even if FF bombed, Fox wouldn't have to give back the rights for a set number of years.

Old 09-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #120
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

Quote:
Even if FF bombed, Fox wouldn't have to give back the rights for a set number of years.
If Fantastic Four bombs, I think that will be IT for FOX with making Fantastic Four movies. Of course it would take time for Marvel Studios to get the rights for FF but I doubt FOX will make a 2nd reboot for the FF.

Old 09-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #121
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
If Fantastic Four bombs, I think that will be IT for FOX with making Fantastic Four movies. Of course it would take time for Marvel Studios to get the rights for FF but I doubt FOX will make a 2nd reboot for the FF.
If it bombed, Disney could just buy back the rights quite cheaply. I doubt it will bomb, probably just do better than OK like the previous instalments. If disney were in a fighting mood though, they could throw everything they've got into killing F4's BO, it could be fun to see how this plays out.

EDIT. Aaaaaaand disney are putting a Cinderella film a week later. This really is gonna be a BO battle to watch.

Last edited by GenUsername; 09-07-2013 at 11:14 PM.
GenUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #122
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenUsername View Post
Nope their highest grosser was wolverine. Fox only get 8% of the gross from the Croods. Fox really need their Marvel properties to take off, they are desperate for franchises, that's why they pump out Ice Ages and Die Hards. The fact a sequel to Percy Jackson was even green-lit is embarrassing. They also put out a narnia movie after all the other studios thought the franchise was toxic. We're also getting Rio 2 next year. So I imagine Fox will continue to make X films for as long as they turn a profit. Good for fans, but bizarre business.
Wow, that sucks. Didn't know that. Good for Wolverine being their highest grossing flick of the year. Will only help us get more X flicks.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:41 AM   #123
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

By the time FF is ready to revert if a reboot does get made and bombs, the stink would've worn off enough and Marvel would have probably gone through everything they have planned up to 2021, which is like the optimal time to make their own adaptation. It would also be three strikes as far as adaptations goes for Fox, which would make attempts at a fourth try to offset a reversion highly improbable.

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:39 AM   #124
Angamb
Banned User

If the F4 cast is pretty solid and the movie has a better tone and a more intense approach, I think it will do fine, maybe around FC numbers, although if it has 3D, maybe it could do more, since it will appeal to young audience/kids much more than FC, I think.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #125
def28
Side-Kick

Opening that close to Cinderella is not gonna be a good thing for F4. They best find a better date. Or hope opening weekend is gonna get back most it's budget, which I doubt it will.

Last edited by def28; 09-08-2013 at 11:47 AM.