The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #476
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Easy answer: Thor doesn't become king. I think its far more likely Thor leaves for, and stays on, Earth, than becomes king.

What? That would be horrible, and I don't see that happening at all.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #477
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
RDJ still pullin at 50.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
While I did get one of my wish scenes in Avengers (Hulk trying to lift Mjolnir) another I wanted was for Cap to walk over and pick up Mjolnir and hand it to Thor, not knowing about the enchantment and Thor just smiles at him. Would go to further Thor's respect for Cap
Too early for that. I think that whole "worthy" thing needs to be fleshed out a bit longer. And for cap to have more time in the MCU. I feel like that would be a wow moment in Avengers 3. All the heros are down, and...Thanos leaps at Cap, who happens to be next to Mjolnir. Cap, knowing the situation with the hammer says to himself, what the hell, there is no other option, and picks it up, and to his surprise, and to Thor's surprise, then admiration, Cap picks it up, and clocks Thanos with it, then tosses it back to Thor, and Thor says something to him.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:00 AM   #478
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
There's been talk that they're scouting South Africa for location filming, and the rumormill naturally turned to Wakanda. Dunno how much of the action would take place there, but at least we know AoU won't be *totally* Manhattan-centric. With CATWS taking place largely in Washington DC, and TDW taking place in London and the Outer Realms, and IM3 taking place in LA and Miami and Tennessee, I'd think that Joss will continue to explore new locations for this movie besides NYC. And Stuttgart.
Maybe Ultron invades Wakanda to take the vibranium for his body and his army

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 09-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #479
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Too early for that. I think that whole "worthy" thing needs to be fleshed out a bit longer. And for cap to have more time in the MCU. I feel like that would be a wow moment in Avengers 3. All the heros are down, and...Thanos leaps at Cap, who happens to be next to Mjolnir. Cap, knowing the situation with the hammer says to himself, what the hell, there is no other option, and picks it up, and to his surprise, and to Thor's surprise, then admiration, Cap picks it up, and clocks Thanos with it, then tosses it back to Thor, and Thor says something to him.
I think it would have more impact if he DIDNT know about the enchantment and just picks it up to use, much to Thor's surprise. To each his own though

Old 09-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #480
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

How would everyone feel about the inclusion of Henry Peter Gyrich in A2?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:14 AM   #481
DrDoom
Dictator

Think he's under FOX, he was in the first X-Film

Old 09-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #482
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Think he's under FOX, he was in the first X-Film

True. I remember Sen. Kelly speaking to him in the helicopter. Or was that Mystique as Gyrich? Anyway, you're right he did appear in a FOX Marvel film, but how much time has Gyrich been associated with the Avengers? I think him being in X1 is on the level of easter egg more than anything else. Of course if he is a part of the Fox deal I can't see Marvel fighting all that hard to get him back. I just would like to see a character like him in the film. Played by Tudyk or Baldwin.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #483
DrDoom
Dictator

Forgot the loophole Marvel is using in A2 to have Quicksilver and Wanda in it, think it's because they have been associated with the X-Men AND the Avengers for about equal the time. Just cant mention mutants or Magneto.

Marvel could maybe use the same loophole for Gyrich since he's been associated with X-Men and Avengers also

Old 09-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #484
Mr. Dent

No, Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch have never been X-Men and they are completely Avengers characters (over 90% of the comics they've been in are Avengers related, especially Wanda). Fox can use them solely because they're mutants, but in terms of their actual role in the comics, they have very little connection to the X-Men side of stories other than a few story arcs every other decade.

Quicksilver was a part of X-Force in the 90's, but that's the largest connection they've ever had to them up until the past decade.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 09-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #485
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Not so sure about Ms. Marvel (I think that slot end up being a SHIELD movie featuring her, Widow, Hawkeye, etc) or another GOTG film, but the rest seem definite to me. Dr. Strange and Black Panther are pretty much a given. And yeah, Hulk 2 seems pretty likely too; it'll probably be based on Indestructible Hulk.

And Inhumans seems very likely too. ESPECIALLY with the cosmic Universe getting kick started with GOTG. Plus, Inhumans, like Panther and Strange, is a franchise Feige has wanted to do for a while.
Ms.Marvel would be a great film! Marvel need a female solo film,and Ms Marvel (or as I'd prefer, Captain Marvel ) would be perfect for the role.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:31 AM   #486
DrDoom
Dictator

If she does get her own movie I want "Captain Marvel" over "Ms. Marvel" also.

I know recently Katee Sackhoff has been rumored but my choice would be Alice Eve, she's also my choice for Sue Storm or a recast Emma Frost

Old 09-08-2013, 05:24 AM   #487
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
If she does get her own movie I want "Captain Marvel" over "Ms. Marvel" also.

I know recently Katee Sackhoff has been rumored but my choice would be Alice Eve, she's also my choice for Sue Storm or a recast Emma Frost
but if you make her Cpt. Marvel than there's no room for the REAL Cpt. Marvel, Cpt. Mar-Vell. And he should be the one who should star the movie not Ms. bland personality

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 09-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #488
DrDoom
Dictator

Main reason I'd be okay with her being called Captain Marvel is that I don't think Captain Mar-Vell will EVER be in a movie

Old 09-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #489
Crimson King
Throwing shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
but if you make her Cpt. Marvel than there's no room for the REAL Cpt. Marvel, Cpt. Mar-Vell. And he should be the one who should star the movie not Ms. bland personality
Bland? Are you reading Deconnick's stuff? She's definitely not bland.

Recent guest appearance on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss CA:TWS
Old 09-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #490
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Yeah the Deconnick series isn't bad though I've liked Carol even before she started writing.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 09-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #491
Loki882
Side-Kick

Mar-Vell hasn't been Captain Marvel in decades, in fact he's been dead, so calling him the "real" Capt. Marvel is inaccurate. I really do dislike when fans call a particular version the "real" one when what they actually mean is "my favorite" one. They're have been like three Capt. Marvels since he died.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #492
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Mar-Vell hasn't been Captain Marvel in decades, in fact he's been dead, so calling him the "real" Capt. Marvel is inaccurate. I really do dislike when fans call a particular version the "real" one when what they actually mean is "my favorite" one. They're have been like three Capt. Marvels since he died.
I think calling him the real Captain Marvel is accurate like saying that Steve Rogers is the real Captain America or Peter Parker is the real Spider-man

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 09-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #493
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrin Parker View Post
I think calling him the real Captain Marvel is accurate like saying that Steve Rogers is the real Captain America or Peter Parker is the real Spider-man
Isaiah Bradley would be the REAL Captain America

Old 09-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #494
RockSP

None of them are real, when you get down to it.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #495
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
His name is Mar-Vell and he is Cpt. of the Kree army. you can't get any more real in terms of Cpt. Marvel. It's not an alias, it's his name!

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 09-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #496
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
None of them are real, when you get down to it.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
But only Deadpool knows it

Old 09-08-2013, 11:52 AM   #497
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Mar-Vell has been given the title (and referred to as that title) alot longer than Carol has... Carol being given that title is relatively new

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #498
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I want to see a Ms Marvel movie only if its the Marcus storyline. Would love to see the critics reaction to that

Old 09-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #499
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

can't say i'm a fan of the current captain marvel look with her... I much prefer her "ms Marvel" costume and look. I prefer her on earth than in space

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #500
marcvader
Lurker #1

She's been Captain Marvel for like hot second and people think that's what they should call her in a movie? Yeah, ok. Lol

Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD
Closed Thread